Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,188 members, 7,953,679 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 10:42 PM

I Don't Want To Live With My Strict Uncle - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Don't Want To Live With My Strict Uncle (2312 Views)

7 Names You Don't Want To Give Your Child In Nigeria / How To Live With a contentious woman / Abducted Bayelsa Ese: I'm 17 Yrs, I'm Here To Be A Muslim, Don't Want To Go Back (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Don't Want To Live With My Strict Uncle by funkelola(f): 2:35pm On Apr 20, 2007
SHOULD I GET MY OWN ACCOMODATION OR STAY WITH MY UNCLE.[i][/i]
GREETING TO NAIRALANDERS.Am a corper serving in osun state and posted to a bank.i have an uncle(my mum's brother) staying in the state and he wants me to stay with him.Though a nice man but he's just too strict.my aunt who is a widow once stayed with him but they couldnt really get along.He wants me home at all times and does not want friends(male and female) to come looking for me in his house.
I HAVE THE OPTION OF GETTING AN ACCOMODATION OR STAYING WITH HIM.WHAT IF MY boyfriend comes around.Need suggestion
Re: I Don't Want To Live With My Strict Uncle by cuteass1(f): 3:58am On Apr 22, 2007
my opinion? FIND ANOTHER ACCOMODATION and move . . why you ask?

there is a saying that "too much visit to a place lowers the amount of welcome"

believe me with the way things are going on (from your story), the chances that you guys will be cat and dog are higher than the reverse

and they say prevention is better than cure, prevent the family clash wink

Move in on your own, then go pay him a visit from time to time. With that the family bond is presereved, and at the same time both of you are happy on your own.

He couldn't cope with a same-age-group family member, let alone a younger generation who obviously has a different view to life.
Immediately you guys start with "she said, he said, and then she said" believe me it will take a lifetime bringing things back to normal-

Quietly and respectfully tell him you'll like to move in alone, yes ooh he'll be sad and all that but not compared to what the outcome of the family disagreement you guys might face in future will result to wink

But if you're ready to abide by all his rules, i mean each and every single one of them then don't move an inch grin
Re: I Don't Want To Live With My Strict Uncle by MP007(m): 7:12am On Apr 22, 2007
if u have an alternative , move , but if u aint got none, seat ur asx at his place, word!
Re: I Don't Want To Live With My Strict Uncle by soulpatrol(f): 6:40pm On Apr 22, 2007
yeah i feel you. its going to be kinda inconvenient for all whenever your boyfriend or friends coming visiting. sooner or later, y'all are gonna clash. your uncle might not be comfy with a guy coming to visit you, knowing what boys and girls usually do when they're alone wink

i'll suggest you tell your uncle in the nicest way though that you'll prefer to be on your own.
its really up to you to weigh the pros and cons of living with him on one hand and saving money on rent, or living on your own and having your freedom.
good luck!
Re: I Don't Want To Live With My Strict Uncle by tEsLim(m): 10:13pm On Apr 22, 2007
Why did you ask, if you knew you had an option
Re: I Don't Want To Live With My Strict Uncle by oyinboaja: 1:31pm On Apr 23, 2007
make I see ya foto first. I fit tell you to come live with me instead
Re: I Don't Want To Live With My Strict Uncle by andor(m): 4:02pm On Apr 23, 2007
e be like say u don spoil , if not y u de panic, bc u kno say ur uncle go close- mark u abi? well na help him de help u o. i experience dat kind thing b4 and e bin help me well well. people no like u go giv u opposite advise but me i like u na em i wan tell u this say make u stay wit ur uncle o, if u no like dis advise go take house begin de live any  how wei u want But  Fly wei no de hear advise go follow dead body enter grave bc of enjoyment.  shikena   wink
Re: I Don't Want To Live With My Strict Uncle by moondust(m): 8:20pm On Apr 23, 2007
are u sure u dont have an ulterior motive for wanting to move? OL girl beta kak 4 ur uncle house o!
Re: I Don't Want To Live With My Strict Uncle by finemocha(f): 2:25am On Apr 24, 2007
if the boarding is free, then nne manage ok undecided
Re: I Don't Want To Live With My Strict Uncle by spoilt(f): 4:40am On Apr 24, 2007
no brainer. get your own place. its hard living with your own parents as an adult talk less of uncle! explain to your uncle that its nothing personal. besides bankers close late. very soon he'll start complaining.
Re: I Don't Want To Live With My Strict Uncle by kellorah: 8:43pm On Apr 24, 2007
LIVE ELSE WHERE!!

you do know what our nigerian relatives are like, right?? undecided
Re: I Don't Want To Live With My Strict Uncle by redsun(m): 6:38am On Apr 25, 2007
You are an educated adult for goodness sake,make your own decision.
Re: I Don't Want To Live With My Strict Uncle by Everbright(f): 7:46am On Apr 25, 2007
@ topic pls get your own place
Have you heard this sentence before?
Over familiarity breeds contempt
And my people say "if an in-law visits too much,he gets roasted yam" grin grin
Re: I Don't Want To Live With My Strict Uncle by adejumobi(m): 8:45am On Apr 25, 2007
You said you don't want to live with your strict uncle and you have an option of getting accommodation, yet you are asking for help when you know what to do.
Re: I Don't Want To Live With My Strict Uncle by bunmii(f): 11:16am On Apr 28, 2007
get your own place but you could visit him anytime you want

(1) (Reply)

She Is Getting On My Nerves / Father Kills Daughter For Falling In Love / Can Someone Marry HIV Patient?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.