Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,845 members, 7,820,939 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:13 AM

Why Christians Need To Edit The Bible - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Christians Need To Edit The Bible (766 Views)

Do Christians Need To Confess Adultery To Their Partners? / Do Born Again Christians Need Deliverance? / 7 Reasons Why Christians Should Stop Taking Alcohol (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Christians Need To Edit The Bible by Jman06(m): 9:45pm On Feb 01, 2019
Christians urgently need to edit the bible because people are becoming smarter with the advancement in science and technology. The stories no longer make sense to many as more people are becoming smarter by the day. So, in order to remain relevant, there's need for Christian leaders to edit the stories to at least sound a little intelligent and convincing.
If not, a time would come when even kids would no longer believe the stories, but would laugh their asses off when they are told the bible stories.

My 2 cents

2 Likes

Re: Why Christians Need To Edit The Bible by Nobody: 9:58pm On Feb 01, 2019
...We may grow crops without sun through technology... That won't make the sun loose relevance..
The book has remained relevant for the last 2thousand years. Looks like it can do another 2000

1 Like

Re: Why Christians Need To Edit The Bible by Jman06(m): 10:04pm On Feb 01, 2019
1StopRudeness:
...We may grow crops without sun through technology... That won't make the sun loose relevance..
The book has remained relevant for the last 2thousand years. Looks like it can do another 2000
The book is fast losing its relevance bro. The so many inconsistencies and mind boggling fallacies in the bible is another reason why many people are turning atheists.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Christians Need To Edit The Bible by Nobody: 10:17pm On Feb 01, 2019
Jman06:
The book is fast losing its relevance bro. The so many inconsistencies and mind boggling fallacies in the bible is another reason why many people are turning atheists.

I don't know where u drew ur falacy impaired conclusion from...but last I checked the number of Christian all over the world have been increasing since the the word Christian came into existence...Many atheist haven't even read the half the Bible, some haven't even read it at all....The idea of God doesn't just sit well with most atheist. It has nothing to do with the Bible....There have always been people who don't believe in God since the beginning of time before Christianity or Muslim or other religions arrived...
Re: Why Christians Need To Edit The Bible by Jman06(m): 10:27pm On Feb 01, 2019
1StopRudeness:

I don't know where u drew ur falacy impaired conclusion from...but last I checked the number of Christian all over the world have been increasing since the the word Christian came into existence...Many atheist haven't even read the half the Bible, some haven't even read it at all....The idea of God doesn't just sit well with most atheist. It has nothing to do with the Bible....There have always been people who don't believe in God since the beginning of time before Christianity or Muslim or other religions arrived...
There are atheists who are more versed in the bible than many Christians. Some started off as agnostics but after studying the bible they became atheists.
Re: Why Christians Need To Edit The Bible by Nobody: 10:31pm On Feb 01, 2019
Jman06:
There are atheists who are more versed in the bible than many Christians. Some started off as agnostics but after studying the bible they became atheists.

Ur point now??
Re: Why Christians Need To Edit The Bible by Jman06(m): 10:34pm On Feb 01, 2019
1StopRudeness:

Ur point now??
The stories in the bible are inconsistent and fallacious. Christians need to rewrite the book to at least sound convincing.
Re: Why Christians Need To Edit The Bible by Nobody: 10:41pm On Feb 01, 2019
Jman06:
The stories in the bible are inconsistent and fallacious. Christians need to rewrite the book to at least sound convincing.

You are funny man....U mean to make it enjoyable like a harry Potter story
Re: Why Christians Need To Edit The Bible by Jman06(m): 11:07pm On Feb 01, 2019
1StopRudeness:

You are funny man....U mean to make it enjoyable like a harry Potter story
Exactly. Enjoyable and commonsensical
Re: Why Christians Need To Edit The Bible by Nobody: 11:10pm On Feb 01, 2019
Jman06:
Exactly. Enjoyable and commonsensical

U are obviously an atheist so it's not suppose to make sense to you
Re: Why Christians Need To Edit The Bible by Jman06(m): 11:25pm On Feb 01, 2019
1StopRudeness:

U are obviously an atheist so it's not suppose to make sense to you
I'm more of an agnostic
Re: Why Christians Need To Edit The Bible by Nobody: 11:38pm On Feb 01, 2019
Jman06:
I'm more of an agnostic

What's the difference ...Both classes are obviously non believers
Re: Why Christians Need To Edit The Bible by malvisguy212: 12:01am On Feb 02, 2019
Jman06:
are you a Christian ? do you believed in the Holy spirit? are atheist more verse than you?
Re: Why Christians Need To Edit The Bible by malvisguy212: 12:18am On Feb 02, 2019
Jman06:
Christians urgently need to edit the bible because people are becoming smarter with the advancement in science and technology. The stories no longer make sense to many as more people are becoming smarter by the day. So, in order to remain relevant, there's need for Christian leaders to edit the stories to at least sound a little intelligent and convincing.
If not, a time would come when even kids would no longer believe the stories, but would laugh their asses off when they are told the bible stories.

My 2 cents
see bro, The morality of Jesus was so far ahead of it's time that 2,000 years after Jesus brought it to this planet, modern society is still closer to attaining it. 'Go the extra mile . . .
bless those who curse you . . . It is more blessed to give than to receive .
Re: Why Christians Need To Edit The Bible by Nobody: 12:27am On Feb 02, 2019
malvisguy212:
see bro, The morality of Jesus was so far ahead of it's time that 2,000 years after Jesus brought it to this planet, modern society is still closer to attaining it. 'Go the extra mile . . .
bless those who curse you . . . It is more blessed to give than to receive .

Looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

Its funny how our ancestors were living more dignified , morally upright and ethical lives before the introduction of your JESUS.

Ever since you MORAL JESUS appeared on the scene , all we have witnessed is a Fall in Moral standards, wars and genocides in his name, rampant sin and wickedness etc.

Sorry Jesus ( if he existed ) was not far ahead of his time, many of his teachings were repetitions of the teachings of rabbis before him or contemporary philosophers.

The blue print for human living is inherent within every man , no Jesus is required - thank you

3 Likes

Re: Why Christians Need To Edit The Bible by Jman06(m): 2:27pm On Feb 02, 2019
1StopRudeness:

What's the difference ...Both classes are obviously non believers
There's difference. Agnostics just need a prove to believe while atheists have concluded that there's no God
Re: Why Christians Need To Edit The Bible by MeetDx(m): 3:00pm On Feb 02, 2019
Jman06:

My 2 cents

Seeing as you are wise in your own eye, the bible has given reasons as to why the things of God are hidden from people like you. Also giving you that strong delusion of disbelief so you can perish for not believing the truth of God but having pleasure in unrighteousness.

Luke 10: 21

At that time Jesus, full of joy through the Holy Spirit, said, "I praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and learned, and revealed them to little children. Yes, Father, for this is what you were pleased to do.

2 Thessalonians 2:11-12

For this reason, God will send them a powerful delusion so that they will believe the lie, in order that judgment will come upon all who have disbelieved the truth and delighted in wickedness.

2 Likes

Re: Why Christians Need To Edit The Bible by Jman06(m): 3:14pm On Feb 02, 2019
MeetDx:

Seeing as you are wise in your own eye, the bible has given reasons as to why the things of God are hidden from people like you. Also giving you that strong delusion of disbelief so you can perish for not believing the truth of God but having pleasure in unrighteousness.

Luke 10: 21

At that time Jesus, full of joy through the Holy Spirit, said, "I praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and learned, and revealed them to little children. Yes, Father, for this is what you were pleased to do.

2 Thessalonians 2:11-12

For this reason, God will send them a powerful delusion so that they will believe the lie, in order that judgment will come upon all who have disbelieved the truth and delighted in wickedness.

Get lost! Hypocrite

1 Like

Re: Why Christians Need To Edit The Bible by MeetDx(m): 4:04pm On Feb 02, 2019
Jman06:
Get lost! Hypocrite

Sorry, pained huh? My bad! But the truth stands anyway grin

1 Like

Re: Why Christians Need To Edit The Bible by Nobody: 6:16pm On Feb 02, 2019
Jman06:
There's difference. Agnostics just need a prove to believe while atheists have concluded that there's no God

You are funny..It's the same....Both classes want a logical and physically tangible proof....Atheists don't just wake up and reject the God idea...It's because the idea doesn't seat with their carnal logic thinking....Meaning they want infallible proofs....Same as agnostics....U want proof

2 Likes

Re: Why Christians Need To Edit The Bible by Jman06(m): 6:46pm On Feb 02, 2019
1StopRudeness:

You are funny..It's the same....Both classes want a logical and physically tangible proof....Atheists don't just wake up and reject the God idea...It's because the idea doesn't seat with their carnal logic thinking....Meaning they want infallible proofs....Same as agnostics....U want proof
They are not the same bro. Atheists do not believe in the existence of god or gods. They already claim to KNOW that god or gods don't exist. Agnostics on the other hand, do not know if god or gods exist. They simply have not been convinced by evidence that god exists. They are still open to knowledge in my opinion.
But if you believe I'm atheist, so be it. No need to argue
Re: Why Christians Need To Edit The Bible by Nobody: 6:49pm On Feb 02, 2019
Jman06:
They are not the same bro. Atheists do not believe in the existence of god or gods. They already claim to KNOW that god or gods don't exist. Agnostics on the other hand, do not know if god or gods exist. They simply have not been convinced by evidence that god exists. They are still open to knowledge in my opinion.
But if you believe I'm atheist, so be it. No need to argue

OK sir

1 Like

Re: Why Christians Need To Edit The Bible by orunto27: 12:21am On Feb 03, 2019
KJV doesn't need editing but you can write more commentary on it.
Re: Why Christians Need To Edit The Bible by orunto27: 12:25am On Feb 03, 2019
The book has remained relevant for the last 2thousand years. Looks like it can do forever.

(1) (Reply)

Jehovah Witness Members, Wise Up Now! Your Cult Has Changed Doctrine Again / Breaking: Prophet Jeremiah Omoto Fufeyin Preaches Christ To Thousands In Malabo / When The Husbands And Wives Decided To Swap Roles For A Week, How Did It End?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.