Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,267 members, 7,818,924 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:13 AM

INEC Urges Nigerians To Pick Up Pvcs, Says Votes Will Count - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / INEC Urges Nigerians To Pick Up Pvcs, Says Votes Will Count (4310 Views)

Only Your Votes Will Count, Prayer Points Will Not – INEC / Votes For Me Will Count - Maduka Says As Catholic Youth Organization Endorses / INEC Urges Ninth N’assembly To Prioritise Electoral Act Amendment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

INEC Urges Nigerians To Pick Up Pvcs, Says Votes Will Count by akelicious(m): 5:21am On Feb 04, 2019
The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has urged Nigerians yet to pick their Permanent Voters Cards (PVCs) to enable them vote during the 2019 General Elections

Deputy Director, Voter Education Department, INEC, Lakunuya Dorothy-Bello, made the call in Abuja during a rally to sensitise market women and general public on participation and peaceful elections.

The rally entitled: “the 2000-Strong National Women, Youth and Persons with Disability Walk for Peace and Massive Turnout ahead of 2019 General Elections’’ was held in Wuse Market and Gwagwalada.

The rally was organised by Preventing Election Violence and Education for Inclusion in Nigeria in collaboration with the European Centre for Electoral Support (ECES), Embassy of Germany in Nigeria, INEC, Nigeria Women Trust Fund, Joint National Association of People Leaving with Disability and Market Women.

The INEC official assured the participants that their votes would count and that they should go out en-masse to acquire their PVCs.

“Go out and pick up your PVC if you have registered but have not picked it up.

“They are ready now, go out and pick your PVC because without PVC you cannot vote and I want to assure you that your votes will count,” she said.

The National Woman Leader of the National Association of Nigerian Traders, Ruth Agbo, also called on the women and traders not to sell their votes but rather use their PVC to vote right.

Agbo said: “this rally is to sensitise the market people to use their power which is the PVC.

“And, we are changing the narrative, we are creating the awareness to make people know that PVC is our power; we must vote right, we must not sell our votes.

“Because if you do, you sell the future of our children and your own future and we cannot sell our votes for a bag of rice or cubes of seasonings.

“So, we want to do it right at this time and we also want to vote in a peaceful atmosphere,” Agbo said.

According to her, it is not about going there to fight, it is about casting your vote, monitoring your vote ensuring that your vote counts and voting right.

She said that was the essence of the rally, “and it is a walk for peace and massive turn out for the election process.”

She said the idea behind having the people living with disability at the rally was that “there is ability in disability that they are disabled does not mean that they cannot cast their votes.”

“They have their rights in the society, and we recognise them as such and that they are also part of us, there is no segregation or putting them aside and that is why we are all doing this together,” she added.

The Governance Advisor , ECES, Mr Dominique Weerts, said, “We are urging all the women not only those in this market but around the country to go out en-masse and vote for the coming elections this month and next month.

“We are insisting that all the people have to go out and vote because it is their right for this 2019. Election Day should be the happy day not a violence day .

“It is the right of every Nigerians to vote and they should Shun all manner of violence,” he said

The Project Advisor Gender and Inclusion, ECES, Cathy Latiwa, said ECES was European project for electoral support, preventing electoral violence and focusing on electoral education for inclusion in Nigeria.

“It is a project founded by Germany funded by EU and Germany and we are promoting inclusive democracy

“One of the thing we have to implement towards the 2019 election is that we are calling Nigerians to come out massive, get their PVC and vote peacefully.” (NAN)

https://www.akelicious.net/2019/02/inec-urges-nigerians-to-pick-up-pvcs_4.html

1 Like

Re: INEC Urges Nigerians To Pick Up Pvcs, Says Votes Will Count by Kingpee2(m): 5:27am On Feb 04, 2019
Vote will count in Nigeria keh,I’m not buying this one from your stable ,As long as this is Nigeria Corruption will continue to be the surname....

2 Likes

Re: INEC Urges Nigerians To Pick Up Pvcs, Says Votes Will Count by Nobody: 5:30am On Feb 04, 2019
Votes don't make much difference in Nigeria. When some people are already planning or planned for the children and dead people that will vote on that day. It's eventually all down to the best rigger
Re: INEC Urges Nigerians To Pick Up Pvcs, Says Votes Will Count by Phoenixpolo: 5:40am On Feb 04, 2019
Home delivery when inec is ready grin

1 Like

Re: INEC Urges Nigerians To Pick Up Pvcs, Says Votes Will Count by Alzirida(f): 5:41am On Feb 04, 2019
Use my PVC to vote for 2 foreigners

Atiku. Cameroon
Jubril. Sudan

3 Likes

Re: INEC Urges Nigerians To Pick Up Pvcs, Says Votes Will Count by KIDfurniture(m): 5:42am On Feb 04, 2019
Good people
Re: INEC Urges Nigerians To Pick Up Pvcs, Says Votes Will Count by CaptVerida(m): 5:42am On Feb 04, 2019
After what we saw in Kano State With Niger republic Governors flying the APC Attires and coming along with thousands of supporters all in support of d incumbent... Our hopes for a credible election was further put in disarray.. May God help Us.. This Injustice is beyond control..

3 Likes

Re: INEC Urges Nigerians To Pick Up Pvcs, Says Votes Will Count by segebase(m): 5:45am On Feb 04, 2019
i go dey my house that day with my wife dey play ps4 n sip booze

1 Like

Re: INEC Urges Nigerians To Pick Up Pvcs, Says Votes Will Count by johnchima007(m): 5:45am On Feb 04, 2019
This Inec officials are not serious, they will come to the media and be telling people to go and collect their pvcs, but if you get to their offices their staff will still tell you that your card isn't available yet. I registered since February 16, 2018 till now they keep telling us stories. I don't know if Inec is playing regional politics with pvc issuance. If care isn't taken even those that didn't register in the North will get pvcs, while we here down south are begging to collect the pvcs we registered for. It takes the Nigerian government like forever to issue any card registered for.

8 Likes

Re: INEC Urges Nigerians To Pick Up Pvcs, Says Votes Will Count by OBTMOS(m): 5:47am On Feb 04, 2019
Isolrite
Re: INEC Urges Nigerians To Pick Up Pvcs, Says Votes Will Count by Joshmodest(m): 5:51am On Feb 04, 2019
Vote counts but not really as it should count....in 2015 election as a case study buhari lost in the south south and south east ....showing clear that he didn't have many voters from that angle , and Jonathan lost in the north and most western states asides ekiti....even the politicians know vote counts in this regard , that's why they buy votes.....
Where the votes don't count ...is here.. Jonathan had less than 1000 votes in some part of the north.. How can PDP lose so woefully in the north
..didn't they do campaign......and buhari who was so hated in the east had more than 1000 votes , in eastern and southern states....how come who voted him , his Hausa brothers there...even the politicians know votes don't matter ,when it comes to this inflation of figures angle..thats why seconds is threatening buhari now ...and that's why some cunning and self centered presidents, change INEC officials, and change the chief justice incase they oppose results in court....
Why I respect GEJ , is that he could have easily rigged or challenged the results of the 2015 election in court and win , but he chose to allow democracy prevail.....

3 Likes

Re: INEC Urges Nigerians To Pick Up Pvcs, Says Votes Will Count by handie(m): 5:53am On Feb 04, 2019
Votes will count and Atiku will be soundly defeated.... Fairly and squarely.
Re: INEC Urges Nigerians To Pick Up Pvcs, Says Votes Will Count by helinues: 5:55am On Feb 04, 2019
Votes will count statements sound suspicious
Re: INEC Urges Nigerians To Pick Up Pvcs, Says Votes Will Count by Itzurboi(m): 6:03am On Feb 04, 2019
Can we technically say our past votes were not counted.
Re: INEC Urges Nigerians To Pick Up Pvcs, Says Votes Will Count by FunctionX(m): 6:13am On Feb 04, 2019
Alright.

Meanwhile Check My Signature And Topics For Quality Learning And Training.
Re: INEC Urges Nigerians To Pick Up Pvcs, Says Votes Will Count by Thewesterner(m): 6:20am On Feb 04, 2019
johnchima007:
This Inec officials are not serious, they will come to the media and be telling people to go and collect their pvcs, but if you get to their offices their staff will still tell you that your card isn't available yet. I registered since February 16, 2018 till now they keep telling us stories. I don't know if Inec is playing regional politics with pvc issuance. If care isn't taken even those that didn't register in the North will get pvcs, while we here down south are begging to collect the pvcs we registered for. It takes the Nigerian government like forever to issue any card registered for.
I experienced same in Benin, registered last year after Lotta stress, getting there two weeks ago with the temporally one issued, they couldn't get my PVC. I was told to come and re-register after election year
Re: INEC Urges Nigerians To Pick Up Pvcs, Says Votes Will Count by kingsleyds(m): 6:27am On Feb 04, 2019
johnchima007:
v

I totally agree with you on this. I did mine around June. They told me to go the inec office in the LGA where I registered.. Went there, none of this inec officials want to even attend to you. I just got tired and went back home.. They are playing regional politic, how can I be begging Inec to give me my PVC in the south here
Re: INEC Urges Nigerians To Pick Up Pvcs, Says Votes Will Count by braveboy64(m): 6:28am On Feb 04, 2019
IPOB MEMBER GO AND COLLECT YOUR PVC AND STOP RANTING ON THE INTERNET
Re: INEC Urges Nigerians To Pick Up Pvcs, Says Votes Will Count by ericsimons18: 8:14am On Feb 04, 2019
Joshmodest:
Vote counts but not really as it should count....in 2015 election as a case study buhari lost in the south south and south east ....showing clear that he didn't have many voters from that angle , and Jonathan lost in the north and most western states asides ekiti....even the politicians know vote counts in this regard , that's why they buy votes.....
Where the votes don't count ...is here.. Jonathan had less than 1000 votes in some part of the north.. How can PDP lose so woefully in the north
..didn't they do campaign......and buhari who was so hated in the east had more than 1000 votes , in eastern and southern states....how come who voted him , his Hausa brothers there...even the politicians know votes don't matter ,when it comes to this inflation of figures angle..thats why seconds is threatening buhari now ...and that's why some cunning and self centered presidents, change INEC officials, and change the chief justice incase they oppose results in court....
Why I respect GEJ , is that he could have easily rigged or challenged the results of the 2015 election in court and win , but he chose to allow democracy prevail.....

Cause he has wasted all your money and resources and for seen the gruesome future.
Re: INEC Urges Nigerians To Pick Up Pvcs, Says Votes Will Count by sagitariusbaby(m): 8:14am On Feb 04, 2019
johnchima007:

I was there 5 times in January alone until the last time before u finally got mine. Go and collect it as the last batch is already out. I registered in April and now I have gotten mine own.

Note: I'm in Anambra
Re: INEC Urges Nigerians To Pick Up Pvcs, Says Votes Will Count by charliechaplain: 11:10am On Feb 04, 2019
i hope so
Re: INEC Urges Nigerians To Pick Up Pvcs, Says Votes Will Count by TrumpDonald2: 10:08pm On Feb 09, 2019
Alzirida:
Use my PVC to vote for 2 foreigners

Atiku. Cameroon
Jubril. Sudan
Very funny.

(1) (Reply)

Government And Macban Reach Agreement To Pay Fulani Herdsmen N100bn To Stop Kill / It Is Right For 50 Year Old Wike To Kneel For 50 Year Old Patience / Ipob Order:Banks In East Lower Nigeria Flags.photos...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.