Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,936 members, 7,814,171 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:24 AM

EXPOSED: Nnamdi Kanu's Deal With Buhari - Medium - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EXPOSED: Nnamdi Kanu's Deal With Buhari - Medium (2867 Views)

Exposed: Nnamdi Kanu Is Dead, Majed From Iraq Impersonating Him (photos) / Prophet Anthony Nwoko Exposed Nnamdi KANU / Nnamdi Kanu Deal On Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

EXPOSED: Nnamdi Kanu's Deal With Buhari - Medium by nwabobo: 4:56pm On Feb 04, 2019
On 12 October, 2018, the newly emerged PDP contender for the Presidency of Nigeria, Atiku Abubakar, picked a former governor of Anambra state, Peter Obi, to be his running mate in the 2019 general elections.

Exactly a week after Peter Obi was picked, the infamous separatist, Nnamdi Kanu, resurfaced, having been missing for over a year up to that point.

The timing of Mr. Kanu’s reappearance was very convenient for some…

Not long after his reappearance, Kanu returned to his mic, to resume what made him infamous in the first place — spilling a lot of bile. His most recent exercise, has been to schedule a “referendum on Biafra” on 16 February, the same day as the Presidential Elections, and that, dear reader, is where the cat waltzed out of the bag.

A referendum, is a direct vote on a single issue. So, in this case, the question on the ballot for Igbos would be — “Should Igbo land opt out of Nigeria and form a sovereign country called Biafra?”

For me, the answer is no. I suspect that it’s mostly no for the large Igbo diaspora within Nigeria. For those outside of Nigeria, well, it largely depends on their station in life.

Be that as it may, let us go back Mr. Kanu and his call. The last referendum held in the area around what is now Nigeria, was in 1961. The call for that particular referendum started in 1953 after Zik displaced Eyo Ita in the Eastern Nigerian Parliament made the Eastern minorities unhappy. Emmanuel Endeley, the leader of the Southern Cameroons at the time, wanted to remain with Nigeria, but when he lost to John Foncha in 1959, Foncha asked the UN to organise a referendum on whether Southern Cameroons would join Cameroon, or remain with Nigeria. Independence was not one of the options.

What is the point of this story — a referendum, or plebiscite, is not, and has never been, in all of human history, something that a “Supreme Leader” just declares three weeks to date. It takes a lot of planning, help, and a lot of multilateral support. Is there any evidence of all this? The answer is a big, fat, no, and this brings us to Mr. Kanu’s interest in this matter…

In my line of work, one thing I’ve learned about my country is that in Nigeria, any conspiracy theory you hear, is worth examining. The day after Kanu resurfaced, I was told by someone who should know that he’d been in custody, and had been released following the emergence of Peter Obi. Chap further claimed that Kanu’s parents are still in custody, to ensure that he behaves himself. He went on to say a lot of other stuff that even now, I still find incredible, not least because I do not believe that our security services are competent enough to pull off those kinds of operations.

However, it strikes me that as of this moment, Nnamdi Kanu’s parents are still missing, and he has not said a thing about them in any of his broadcasts, but he spoke about his dog in one. It also strikes me that there is a convergence of interests here — as I have written before, Nnamdi Kanu was given a massive boost by the Buhari government following their bad handling of his return to Nigeria. He would have remained in a fringe figure shouting into his mic had they not arrested him some years ago. It is in his interest that Buhari remains in office. It gives him a lightning rod with which to generate relevance, and that relevance helps him commercially.

Does it not strike you as strange that a man on trial for treason has resurfaced in other countries, and yet our government has not bothered to request his extradition (even if it is denied?).

Convergence of interests. On the one hand, the chap who needs this government in order to remain relevant. On the other hand, a government who needs this chap in order to ensure voter apathy in a region they are sure to lose.

Yours sincerely,
Chxta from Okokomaiko

https://medium.com/@chxta/conspiracy-theories-51d56ad777ec

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: EXPOSED: Nnamdi Kanu's Deal With Buhari - Medium by Baawaa(m): 4:58pm On Feb 04, 2019
This writer is a confusionist grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: EXPOSED: Nnamdi Kanu's Deal With Buhari - Medium by oyebanji44: 4:59pm On Feb 04, 2019
grin grin
Re: EXPOSED: Nnamdi Kanu's Deal With Buhari - Medium by RockHard: 5:02pm On Feb 04, 2019
Kanu must be feeling abandoned right about now. He has been dumped and being maligned by Umuigbo all because he exposed the fact that their latest bride, Atiku's, birth certificate will read that he was born on Cameroonian soil/territory, and is therefore not eligible to even vie for the presidency of Nigeria on account of his country of birth, even though he is now a Naturalized citizen of Nigeria. But Kanu should not worry because Atiku will lose the upcoming election and Ndigbo will retrace their steps.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: EXPOSED: Nnamdi Kanu's Deal With Buhari - Medium by Binikingdowm: 5:04pm On Feb 04, 2019
Kanu is a bastard..

Peter Obi must be vice president

5 Likes

Re: EXPOSED: Nnamdi Kanu's Deal With Buhari - Medium by Binikingdowm: 5:04pm On Feb 04, 2019
How can you explain kanu escaping the army if he didn't have a plan with buhari

3 Likes

Re: EXPOSED: Nnamdi Kanu's Deal With Buhari - Medium by slivertongue: 5:06pm On Feb 04, 2019
even KANU can't help APC to defeat
Re: EXPOSED: Nnamdi Kanu's Deal With Buhari - Medium by globemoney01: 5:06pm On Feb 04, 2019
Peter Obi propagandist have attacked umahi, mbaka, Obiano, SE governors and now Nnamdi Kanu. Feb 16 we will know who still has any value in SE. they think social media ramblings have any effect on ground

1 Like

Re: EXPOSED: Nnamdi Kanu's Deal With Buhari - Medium by Nbote(m): 5:07pm On Feb 04, 2019
I won't b surprised Nnamdi Kanu is actually working for d Nigerian govt.. First Nigerian Army surrounded his house and laud siege on d house with enough show of military might but somehow he escaped.. He escaped d Nigerian Army, escaped security checks at d airports nd went abroad for months.. Fast forward few months to d election and he conveniently resurfaces again.. Jus at a time wen d main opposition party chose an Igboman as it's running mate in d upcoming election.. And few weeks to d election he's all active and talking again

4 Likes

Re: EXPOSED: Nnamdi Kanu's Deal With Buhari - Medium by Jesusloveyou: 5:24pm On Feb 04, 2019
Binikingdowm:
Kanu is a bastard..
in your village.

3 Likes

Re: EXPOSED: Nnamdi Kanu's Deal With Buhari - Medium by nwanyionitsha: 5:48pm On Feb 04, 2019
Jesusloveyou:
in your village.
IN NIGERIA.
you can now hang yourself.

2 Likes

Re: EXPOSED: Nnamdi Kanu's Deal With Buhari - Medium by gidgiddy: 6:14pm On Feb 04, 2019
Nbote:
I won't b surprised Nnamdi Kanu is actually working for d Nigerian govt.. First Nigerian Army surrounded his house and laud siege on d house with enough show of military might but somehow he escaped.. He escaped d Nigerian Army, escaped security checks at d airports nd went abroad for months.. Fast forward few months to d election and he conveniently resurfaces again.. Jus at a time wen d main opposition party chose an Igboman as it's running mate in d upcoming election.. And few weeks to d election he's all active and talking again

Stupidity. Why would the Nigerian government attack Kanu's home only to help him escape? Makes no sense

Kanu is not interested in who becomes President of Nigeria, he already knows Nigeria will not work, no matter becomes President

What Kanu wants is self determination for his people

2 Likes

Re: EXPOSED: Nnamdi Kanu's Deal With Buhari - Medium by dockokwus: 6:39pm On Feb 04, 2019
It's quite obvious and I have said it here severally that Kanu is in cahoots with the APC government to
(1)Decrease Igbo turnout for the polls.Initially with 'order' to that effect,then a referendum on same day as the presidential polls.
Having seen that those plans were going to fail with the turnout for the campaigns and his poorly received rhetorics,he now conjured up the "Atiku is from Cameroun" conspiracy.
How can a Kanu that was surrounded by the army,get a passport to travel and resurface in Israel after many months.It's obvious the government gave him a passport and helped him abroad to further their Buhari reelection plans.

2 Likes

Re: EXPOSED: Nnamdi Kanu's Deal With Buhari - Medium by Banmeallday: 6:43pm On Feb 04, 2019
Thanks OP for making our hero Nnamdi Kanu more relevant and giving him attention ODE

We say no to stupid election

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: EXPOSED: Nnamdi Kanu's Deal With Buhari - Medium by Nobody: 6:48pm On Feb 04, 2019
dockokwus:
It's quite obvious and I have said it here severally that Kanu is in cahoots with the APC government to
(1)Decrease Igbo turnout for the polls.Initially with 'order' to that effect,then a referendum on same day as the presidential polls.
Having seen that those plans were going to fail with the turnout for the campaigns and his poorly received rhetorics,he now conjured up the "Atiku is from Cameroun" conspiracy.
How can a Kanu that was surrounded by the army,get a passport to travel and resurface in Israel after many months.It's obvious the government gave him a passport and helped him abroad to further their Buhari reelection plans.

All he has to do is sneak into Ghana, as many claim, and go to the British embassy there. Stop blaming everything on the APC government. Also Kanu may just be an attention seeker who can't stand being out of the spotlight and must come out to spread fake news when he knows the audience is greatest. Such as around election time. Sometimes things have far simpler explanation than the conspiracy theory Nigerians are addicted to weaving.
Re: EXPOSED: Nnamdi Kanu's Deal With Buhari - Medium by mcbreeze: 6:48pm On Feb 04, 2019
Lol.... If he attack APC, they will say he is working for PDP , if then attack PDP, they will say he is working APC.
This people do they really have brain?

1 Like

Re: EXPOSED: Nnamdi Kanu's Deal With Buhari - Medium by durangokid: 6:55pm On Feb 04, 2019
nwabobo:
On 12 October, 2018, the newly emerged PDP contender for the Presidency of Nigeria, Atiku Abubakar, picked a former governor of Anambra state, Peter Obi, to be his running mate in the 2019 general elections.

Exactly a week after Peter Obi was picked, the infamous separatist, Nnamdi Kanu, resurfaced, having been missing for over a year up to that point.

Not long after his reappearance, Kanu returned to his mic, to resume what made him infamous in the first place — spilling a lot of bile. His most recent exercise, has been to schedule a “referendum on Biafra” on 16 February, the same day as the Presidential Elections, and that, dear reader, is where the cat waltzed out of the bag.

A referendum, is a direct vote on a single issue. So, in this case, the question on the ballot for Igbos would be — “Should Igbo land opt out of Nigeria and form a sovereign country called Biafra?”

For me, the answer is no. I suspect that it’s mostly no for the large Igbo diaspora within Nigeria. For those outside of Nigeria, well, it largely depends on their station in life.

Be that as it may, let us go back Mr. Kanu and his call. The last referendum held in the area around what is now Nigeria, was in 1961. The call for that particular referendum started in 1953 after Zik displaced Eyo Ita in the Eastern Nigerian Parliament made the Eastern minorities unhappy. Emmanuel Endeley, the leader of the Southern Cameroons at the time, wanted to remain with Nigeria, but when he lost to John Foncha in 1959, Foncha asked the UN to organise a referendum on whether Southern Cameroons would join Cameroon, or remain with Nigeria. Independence was not one of the options.

What is the point of this story — a referendum, or plebiscite, is not, and has never been, in all of human history, something that a “Supreme Leader” just declares three weeks to date. It takes a lot of planning, help, and a lot of multilateral support. Is there any evidence of all this? The answer is a big, fat, no, and this brings us to Mr. Kanu’s interest in this matter…

In my line of work, one thing I’ve learned about my country is that in Nigeria, any conspiracy theory you hear, is worth examining. The day after Kanu resurfaced, I was told by someone who should know that he’d been in custody, and had been released following the emergence of Peter Obi. Chap further claimed that Kanu’s parents are still in custody, to ensure that he behaves himself. He went on to say a lot of other stuff that even now, I still find incredible, not least because I do not believe that our security services are competent enough to pull off those kinds of operations.

However, it strikes me that as of this moment, Nnamdi Kanu’s parents are still missing, and he has not said a thing about them in any of his broadcasts, but he spoke about his dog in one. It also strikes me that there is a convergence of interests here — as I have written before, Nnamdi Kanu was given a massive boost by the Buhari government following their bad handling of his return to Nigeria. He would have remained in a fringe figure shouting into his mic had they not arrested him some years ago. It is in his interest that Buhari remains in office. It gives him a lightning rod with which to generate relevance, and that relevance helps him commercially.

Does it not strike you as strange that a man on trial for treason has resurfaced in other countries, and yet our government has not bothered to request his extradition (even if it is denied?).

Convergence of interests. On the one hand, the chap who needs this government in order to remain relevant. On the other hand, a government who needs this chap in order to ensure voter apathy in a region they are sure to lose.

Yours sincerely,
Chxta from Okokomaiko

. Thank you my brother you are very smart I have that same argument today that person is not nnamdi kanu he is a fake, some people are using that proxy to play pranks to igbos

1 Like

Re: EXPOSED: Nnamdi Kanu's Deal With Buhari - Medium by goodnessme1(f): 6:57pm On Feb 04, 2019
dockokwus:
i thought you guys were rejoicing thinking your terrorist army has killed he.

Now una done change mouth.
Re: EXPOSED: Nnamdi Kanu's Deal With Buhari - Medium by helinues: 6:58pm On Feb 04, 2019
Source: mean median mode
Re: EXPOSED: Nnamdi Kanu's Deal With Buhari - Medium by goodnessme1(f): 7:01pm On Feb 04, 2019
mcbreeze:
Lol.... If he attack APC, they will say he is working for PDP , if then attack PDP, they will say he is working APC.
This people do they really have brain?
my brother they dont have.

Even those that were happy addressing him as late kanu,are confuse as their nigeria.

1 Like

Re: EXPOSED: Nnamdi Kanu's Deal With Buhari - Medium by goodnessme1(f): 7:08pm On Feb 04, 2019
durangokid:
. Thank you my brother you are very smart I have that same argument today that person is not nnamdi kanu he is a fake, some people are using that proxy to play pranks to igbos
when did you people start caring for igbo.

Before you people said kanu is working for Pdp,now he is working for Apc,abeg make una leave my director.

1 Like

Re: EXPOSED: Nnamdi Kanu's Deal With Buhari - Medium by durangokid: 7:17pm On Feb 04, 2019
goodnessme1:

Before you people said kanu is working for Pdp,now he is working for Apc,abeg make una leave my director.
Guy I am a confirm Igbo man and an ardent supporer of Igbo course but let me tell you I doubt this guy who just emerged as nnamdi kanu, some reasonable igbos are studying him because his comments and anticidents since his re emergence is unlike nnamdi kanu

1 Like

Re: EXPOSED: Nnamdi Kanu's Deal With Buhari - Medium by Kingsley10000: 7:18pm On Feb 04, 2019
gidgiddy:

Stupidity. Why would the Nigerian government attack Kanu's home only to help him escape? Makes no sense

Kanu is not interested in who becomes President of Nigeria, he already knows Nigeria will not work, no matter becomes President

What Kanu wants is self determination for his people
you are right....we stand with nnamdi kanu on biafran restoration
Re: EXPOSED: Nnamdi Kanu's Deal With Buhari - Medium by 0koyeeboz: 7:25pm On Feb 04, 2019
Binikingdowm:
Kanu is a bastard..

Vice President of Cameroun or China?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EXPOSED: Nnamdi Kanu's Deal With Buhari - Medium by 0koyeeboz: 7:28pm On Feb 04, 2019
durangokid:
Guy I am a confirm Igbo man and an ardent supporer of Igbo course but let me tell you I doubt this guy who just emerged as nnamdi kanu, some reasonable igbos are studying him because his comments and anticidents since his re emergence is unlike nnamdi kanu

But when he said Buhari is from Sudan, you and your 'reasonable' Igbos didn't study him?
Shebi your Igbo elders were making Kanu an hero when he was insulting others?

See, Igbos cultivated Kanu till he became a monster, he's now going to teach Igbos a painful lesson.

4 Likes

Re: EXPOSED: Nnamdi Kanu's Deal With Buhari - Medium by goodnessme1(f): 7:29pm On Feb 04, 2019
durangokid:
tell me what have change,

mind you i started following this movement since 2014

1 Like

Re: EXPOSED: Nnamdi Kanu's Deal With Buhari - Medium by 0koyeeboz: 7:30pm On Feb 04, 2019
Nbote:

Not only Nigerian government, he's also working for the Camerounian government too.

By the time Kanu is through with Igbos, they would run begging all those Nigerians they insulted and cursed.

3 Likes

Re: EXPOSED: Nnamdi Kanu's Deal With Buhari - Medium by goodnessme1(f): 7:33pm On Feb 04, 2019
0koyeeboz:

But when he said Buhari is from Sudan, you and your 'reasonable' Igbos didn't study him?
Shebi your Igbo elders were making Kanu an hero when he was insulting others?

See, Igbos cultivated Kanu till he became a monster, he's now going to teach Igbos a painful lesson.

Are Igbos complaining,

cry for yourself and for your generation.

3 Likes

Re: EXPOSED: Nnamdi Kanu's Deal With Buhari - Medium by AskProf: 7:46pm On Feb 04, 2019
nwabobo:

Yours sincerely,
Chxta from Okokomaiko

Junk.

1 Like

Re: EXPOSED: Nnamdi Kanu's Deal With Buhari - Medium by 0koyeeboz: 7:47pm On Feb 04, 2019
goodnessme1:
Are Igbos complaining,

cry for yourself and for your generation.

They aren't complaining cos shame didn't allow them talk. They can't speak against Kanu cos others warned them but foolishness didn't allow them reason.

The crying needs to be for your generations cos Biafra is dead buried and forgotten. The only hope you have is gala and fan yogo.
Re: EXPOSED: Nnamdi Kanu's Deal With Buhari - Medium by AskProf: 7:48pm On Feb 04, 2019
goodnessme1:

Tell them.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ameachi Didn't Probe The Fact That Wike Had An Understanding With APC Government / I Am Not Using Biafra To Make Money, I Dont Even Own A Car- Nnamdi Kanu / Grand Plan To Return Most Of The Oil Wells From SS Back To SE But With Condition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.