Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,483 members, 7,812,496 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:16 PM

Girl Shares Her Sister's Marriage Introduction On Social Media;see Reactions - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Girl Shares Her Sister's Marriage Introduction On Social Media;see Reactions (4552 Views)

New Cartoon Created By Punch Newspaper Sparks Reactions On Social Media. See Pic / Photos From Vice Presidential Debate As Obi Clashes With Osinbajo. See Reactions / How A Youth Corper 'Spelt Nigeria'. See Reactions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Girl Shares Her Sister's Marriage Introduction On Social Media;see Reactions by beninfo3: 6:28pm On Feb 04, 2019
A lot of reactions and comments trail the social media as a girl shares the marriage Introduction of her sister. It's alarming as the husband has to empty his bank just for Introduction. See photos:

Re: Girl Shares Her Sister's Marriage Introduction On Social Media;see Reactions by fergie001: 6:38pm On Feb 04, 2019
Tomorrow she wan claim feminist for my house, dem never born that person.....

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Girl Shares Her Sister's Marriage Introduction On Social Media;see Reactions by mhizdebbygold(f): 6:42pm On Feb 04, 2019
With all this you believe if u talk shit the man no go slap stupidity comot for ur head....

4 Likes

Re: Girl Shares Her Sister's Marriage Introduction On Social Media;see Reactions by SIRTee15: 6:48pm On Feb 04, 2019
I don't get it...
What's the rational being all these madness....
In this 21st century....
Crates of soft drinks, detergents, cream....
She even hold goat..
Whatever is up there will still not eradicate poverty from the bride's family...
So why the stress in the first place.....
Seriously it's time we expunge primitive culture out of the black race....

1 Like

Re: Girl Shares Her Sister's Marriage Introduction On Social Media;see Reactions by Homeboiy: 6:50pm On Feb 04, 2019
Please before u comment

This act is not synonymous to the whole igbo race
In my state our bride price is low

1 Like

Re: Girl Shares Her Sister's Marriage Introduction On Social Media;see Reactions by whitebeard(m): 6:52pm On Feb 04, 2019
Kilode

4 Likes

Re: Girl Shares Her Sister's Marriage Introduction On Social Media;see Reactions by overall90: 6:56pm On Feb 04, 2019
These things are not even complete.
I can't see tubers of yam(about 121),kegs of palm wine etc.
Re: Girl Shares Her Sister's Marriage Introduction On Social Media;see Reactions by frbona: 7:00pm On Feb 04, 2019
overall90:
These things are not even complete.
I can't see tubers of yam(about 121),kegs of palm wine etc.
dem never comot those ones from boot of car

6 Likes

Re: Girl Shares Her Sister's Marriage Introduction On Social Media;see Reactions by frbona: 7:01pm On Feb 04, 2019
Meanwhile

1 Like

Re: Girl Shares Her Sister's Marriage Introduction On Social Media;see Reactions by dollytino4real(f): 7:23pm On Feb 04, 2019
dis na proper selling of the girl! because of ego dem don dey marry mad man 4 dat side o! pls I no call name o!
Re: Girl Shares Her Sister's Marriage Introduction On Social Media;see Reactions by wordcat(m): 7:47pm On Feb 04, 2019
Homeboiy:
Please before u comment

Even if it is, what's wrong with that?
Na by force

Nothing is too much for marriage joor.

No be people dey travel go Dubai just for wedding?
Air Ticket from Nigeria to Dubai never buy all those cartons of soap, powder, bags and other things there?

Na poverty dey worry some people

4 Likes

Re: Girl Shares Her Sister's Marriage Introduction On Social Media;see Reactions by fergie001: 7:47pm On Feb 04, 2019
Homeboiy:
Please before u comment

J
In my own state of Abia, the families decide how they want to do it...big or small....
I can bet this is Imo state...

1 Like

Re: Girl Shares Her Sister's Marriage Introduction On Social Media;see Reactions by wordcat(m): 7:54pm On Feb 04, 2019
mhizdebbygold:
With all this you believe if u talk shit the man no go slap stupidity comot for ur head....

Say na the man be the first and only man to perform such traditional rites Abi?
Re: Girl Shares Her Sister's Marriage Introduction On Social Media;see Reactions by mikejj(m): 8:12pm On Feb 04, 2019
grin this na shop opening not bride price.u want to open shop for mother inlaw father inlaw.grandfather inlaw and neighbour inlaw.etc

1 Like

Re: Girl Shares Her Sister's Marriage Introduction On Social Media;see Reactions by mabea: 8:24pm On Feb 04, 2019
This is madness but i dont think this is introduction
Re: Girl Shares Her Sister's Marriage Introduction On Social Media;see Reactions by RTSC: 8:57pm On Feb 04, 2019
Marriage is not for boys

In the olden days, barns of yams were used to show wealth especially towards the bride's family.

Nowadays, it has modernized to other things, but the concept is still the same.

1 Like

Re: Girl Shares Her Sister's Marriage Introduction On Social Media;see Reactions by anochuko01(m): 9:00pm On Feb 04, 2019
and you wonder why men have ego? why won't they have ego...when your parents sold you to them like egg roll

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Girl Shares Her Sister's Marriage Introduction On Social Media;see Reactions by Daviddson(m): 9:06pm On Feb 04, 2019
And the lady wasn't ashamed to bring these graphic photos online for the whole world to see?
Re: Girl Shares Her Sister's Marriage Introduction On Social Media;see Reactions by mightyhazell: 9:08pm On Feb 04, 2019
Nwata zuu ka eme!

I remember when i got married to the love of my life,..i almost tripled everything on the list,to the pleasant awe of the family and neighbors.. My mother inlaw till today never stops talking about how proud i made her amongst her fellow women..my wife hasnt stopped looking upon me with pure and undiluted admiration..

U see,there is no amount of expenses thats too big when God finally bless u with ur missing rib. Afterall men buy houses and expensive cars and jewelries for side chics.. Plus it sends a very warm message to your inlaws that u more than value what they are giving to you,..and most especially that u are more than capable of taking care of their daughter..

3 Likes

Re: Girl Shares Her Sister's Marriage Introduction On Social Media;see Reactions by DesChyko: 9:12pm On Feb 04, 2019
Somebody see 'ikpa nri' and 'brideprice' still call am introduction undecided

All these town boys sef angry

1 Like

Re: Girl Shares Her Sister's Marriage Introduction On Social Media;see Reactions by wise2odd: 9:15pm On Feb 04, 2019
one of the reason I wanted a white lady as wife. this billshit shouldn't come near me.
Re: Girl Shares Her Sister's Marriage Introduction On Social Media;see Reactions by coolcentbigman(m): 9:42pm On Feb 04, 2019
SIRTee15:
I don't get it...
What's the rational being all these madness....
In this 21st century....
Crates of soft drinks, detergents, cream....
She even hold goat..
Whatever is up there will still not eradicate poverty from the bride's family...
So why the stress in the first place.....
Seriously it's time we expunge primitive culture out of the black race....
This is tradition not poverty empty head, the building in the girl's compound doesn't even show they're poor. Even if the girl's father is not in support of it, all those jobless old men in the village will frustrate his life big time. It's like the proverb that says give what belongs to cesear to cesear that's the case here
Re: Girl Shares Her Sister's Marriage Introduction On Social Media;see Reactions by Gryffindor09(m): 9:50pm On Feb 04, 2019
and some old fker will come and tell me "my son u don't need money to get married". Do dey give those item for free in "Marriage r us"
Re: Girl Shares Her Sister's Marriage Introduction On Social Media;see Reactions by babyfaceafrica: 10:03pm On Feb 04, 2019
mightyhazell:
Nwata zuu ka eme!

I remember when i got married to the love of my life,..i almost tripled everything on the list,to the pleasant awe of the family and neighbors.. My mother inlaw till today never stops talking about how proud i made her amongst her fellow women..my wife hasnt stopped looking upon me with pure and undiluted admiration..

U see,there is no amount of expenses thats too big when God finally bless u with ur missing rib. Afterall men buy houses and expensive cars and jewelries for side chics.. Plus it sends a very warm message to your inlaws that u more than value what they are giving to you,..and most especially that u are more than capable of taking care of their daughter..
marriage should not be about money... love is all that matters..... high bride price should be discouraged..simple!!
Re: Girl Shares Her Sister's Marriage Introduction On Social Media;see Reactions by nazablossom(f): 10:06pm On Feb 04, 2019
She must be from Mbaise. Just introduction o.
Re: Girl Shares Her Sister's Marriage Introduction On Social Media;see Reactions by mightyhazell: 10:15pm On Feb 04, 2019
babyfaceafrica:
marriage should not be about money... love is all that matters..... high bride price should be discouraged..simple!!
ofcourse love matters ...most. but do u show love with a tight fist?? If u dont spend for whom u truly love, ... Whom do u spend for?? Like someone rightly noted,marriage is not for boys.. U must have worked hard over the years and made some money. If u havent,..double ur effort,so u dont bring kids to the world to suffer and be abused at every corner...
Re: Girl Shares Her Sister's Marriage Introduction On Social Media;see Reactions by Larryfest(m): 10:53pm On Feb 04, 2019
Make the family just open supermarket sharp sharp...
Re: Girl Shares Her Sister's Marriage Introduction On Social Media;see Reactions by Michelle55: 10:57pm On Feb 04, 2019
Not possible in my own side.. grin Dem never born the kinsmen wey wan wreck my FH down.. Dem no fit try this rubbish with me else dem no go see kobo collect again.

1 Like

Re: Girl Shares Her Sister's Marriage Introduction On Social Media;see Reactions by BlackMimir: 12:19am On Feb 05, 2019
Michelle55:
Not possible in my own side.. grin Dem never born the kinsmen wey wan wreck my FH down.. Dem no fit try this rubbish with me else dem no go see kobo collect again.
The way I dey love you ehn? From your posts, I can tell to a certain extent that we'd get along.
Followed your posts for a while now...if we were single (Yes, one of your posts hinted you weren't), I'd have definitely reached out to know you better. grin
Nonetheless, you have one admirer of your style of thought.

Cheers!
Re: Girl Shares Her Sister's Marriage Introduction On Social Media;see Reactions by Michelle55: 12:30am On Feb 05, 2019
BlackMimir:

The way I dey love you ehn? From your posts, I can tell to a certain extent that we'd get along.
Followed your posts for a while now...if we were single (Yes, one of your posts hinted you weren't), I'd have definitely reached out to know you better. grin
Nonetheless, you have one admirer of your style of thought.

Cheers!
Lol... No mind me jare.. Just saying it as it is without mincing words. BTW, why are you still awake? smiley
Re: Girl Shares Her Sister's Marriage Introduction On Social Media;see Reactions by BlackMimir: 12:46am On Feb 05, 2019
Michelle55:

Lol... No mind me jare.. Just saying it as it is without mincing words. BTW, why are you still awake? smiley
Most likely same reason you are lol.
Keeping saying it as it is and challenge the norm.
You be catch..... most certainly.
Re: Girl Shares Her Sister's Marriage Introduction On Social Media;see Reactions by ruggedtimi(m): 6:50am On Feb 05, 2019
how the girl fine reach?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigeria Guardian Newspaper Exposes Buhari Body Double In Aso Rock. / NIN Enrollment Center: How To Become An Agent / Pictures From Askira/uba Town Clash Between Nig Army And ISWAP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.