Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,093 members, 7,821,784 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:23 PM

Nigeria Can Never Be Better Except... - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Can Never Be Better Except... (375 Views)

Obasanjo Lists Reasons Why Atiku Will Be Better Than Buhari As President / How Nigeria Can Avoid Another Malabu Scandal By Dondekojo / Senator Jang: Nigeria Can Only Be Restructured When I'm President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Can Never Be Better Except... by Jedidiah94(m): 8:53pm On Feb 04, 2019
Nigeria can never be better with these kind of situations going on around us.
My encounters during the just concluded INEC training in one of the major metropolis in Oyo State and with IBEDC at Osogbo today really shows that we can never, never get it right unless a condition is met.
This is not about losing the battle to corruption or been a sad pessimist or bee religious it is just the reality.
We kept pointing accusations fingers at our leaders for poor organization and management, corruption and different crimes of what so ever without knowing that within every level of our existence be it government or privately own parastatals crimes and corruption has eaten deeply into our bones that it is 99% impossible to flush it out without destroying our existence.
Although in some States I heard it wasn't like that but with INEC somewhere in Oyo State; most especially with the staffs that handled the section I attended. From their spoken English, use of words, organization and management, to morals, respect, honesty in dealing with people you will wonder how on earth did they get to the position. Some of them show poor mastery of Subject matter that sometimes what was taught were contradictory to the training manual. Only the few of us that had it could really use a understand concept clearly while others were left confused. They kept tossing people around as if they were going to pay them one huge money. Some of us are more learned than some of the INEC Officials yet many had to licked the official shoes to even sign just ordinary attendance. For some that knew those officials they did things with no stress but others who are stand alone things was hell for them.
The most annoying part was the selling of the so called offline registration forms (picture below) for #100, #150 in some cases which is a must you must buy or else you risk the possibility of been an ad-hoc staff. For those of us that got the form a week before the training we still had to get it again because they said unless we know someone at the office that could retrieve the forms for us that day we've got to buy it to use it to write the so called exam.
I start to wonder at where Impartiality, Excellence, Integrity Professionalism etc are on the part of INEC or its officials at their commission in this part of the State.
IBEDC today was so funny. People had to plead with their money to get units for their meters while the officials said frankly that their is no network. Whereas it was they were attending to those who dropped their cards.
So tell me, a person with these kind of experiences would not treat people the same kind of way if not he is different and that he has a fear of God. It is very important that changes occurs within before occurring on the outside. Until changes occurs with the people the leaders can never changed. Until our spirit man is change through God our country will never be better.
Feel free to share your experience and views

Re: Nigeria Can Never Be Better Except... by Nobody: 9:27pm On Feb 04, 2019
That is naija ...

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Is Isis Planing To Return To Nigeria Says Wall Street Journals? / APC And PDP Supporters Clash In Abuja ,FCT Minister Musa Bello Narrowly Escapes / Buhari Raises Alarm Over Threat To Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.