Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,066 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:42 AM

What Are Those Courses That Are Still Good To Study In Nigeria? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Are Those Courses That Are Still Good To Study In Nigeria? (44013 Views)

Courses That Should Be Avoided By Nigerians From Poor Families. / Top 15 Courses That No Longer Exist In Nigerian Polytechnics / Top 5 Courses That You May Regret Picking In 2018 Jamb (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Are Those Courses That Are Still Good To Study In Nigeria? by iceboy4752(m): 6:53am On Feb 05, 2019
I recently came across a thread which was about the courses you won't advise anyone to study. I saw people listing so many damn courses. The question now is, what are those good courses that one can stil study in Nigeria that are lucrative? I think that no matter how bad the economy seems to be, it won't be possible that all the courses are useless.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Are Those Courses That Are Still Good To Study In Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:00am On Feb 05, 2019
Medicine, Pharmacy, Nursing and Radiography. These are the 4 main courses that are lucrative. Other persons may come up with theirs but the reality speaks volume

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are Those Courses That Are Still Good To Study In Nigeria? by iceboy4752(m): 8:17am On Feb 05, 2019
asuustrike1:
Medicine, Pharmacy, Nursing and Radiography. These are the 4 main courses that are lucrative. Other persons may come up with theirs but the reality speaks volume
How about Law?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are Those Courses That Are Still Good To Study In Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:29am On Feb 05, 2019
iceboy4752:

How about Law?
It is saturated with many graduate not getting jobs. The social and art subjects are not lucrative again hence the listed courses I posted

50 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Are Those Courses That Are Still Good To Study In Nigeria? by iceboy4752(m): 8:54am On Feb 05, 2019
asuustrike1:

It is saturated with many graduate not getting jobs. The social and art subjects are not lucrative again hence the listed courses I posted
Okay.
By the way, when are they going to call you off sef? grin

25 Likes

Re: What Are Those Courses That Are Still Good To Study In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:50am On Feb 05, 2019
iceboy4752:

Okay.
By the way, when are they going to call you off sef? grin
I can't say but it would be wise they call off after the elections
Re: What Are Those Courses That Are Still Good To Study In Nigeria? by KINGJAJA888(m): 10:17am On Feb 05, 2019
asuustrike1:
Radiography?? Seriously I doubt it.. undecided

9 Likes

Re: What Are Those Courses That Are Still Good To Study In Nigeria? by JoEdIx(m): 10:19am On Feb 05, 2019
library and information science

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are Those Courses That Are Still Good To Study In Nigeria? by JoEdIx(m): 10:20am On Feb 05, 2019
JoEdIx:
library and information science
one of the best
Re: What Are Those Courses That Are Still Good To Study In Nigeria? by iceboy4752(m): 12:53pm On Feb 05, 2019
JoEdIx:
one of the best
How and why?

3 Likes

Re: What Are Those Courses That Are Still Good To Study In Nigeria? by idu1(m): 12:57pm On Feb 05, 2019
KINGJAJA888:
Radiographer can change change job weekly with ease anywhere in nigeria for now. Very lucrative.

22 Likes

Re: What Are Those Courses That Are Still Good To Study In Nigeria? by Ay04z(m): 2:54pm On Feb 05, 2019
idu1:
Radiographer can change change job weekly with ease anywhere in nigeria for now. Very lucrative.
real fact expecially. if he/she is very good in that field. Bekos the course is somehow difficult
Re: What Are Those Courses That Are Still Good To Study In Nigeria? by KINGJAJA888(m): 8:36pm On Feb 05, 2019
idu1:
PLs can u explain further??

1 Like

Re: What Are Those Courses That Are Still Good To Study In Nigeria? by unique545(m): 9:16pm On Feb 05, 2019
Agriculture is the future

57 Likes

Re: What Are Those Courses That Are Still Good To Study In Nigeria? by sammy99(m): 10:38pm On Feb 05, 2019
asuustrike1:

include

dentistry

medical rehabilitation

optometry

medical laboratory science(labour market almost getting filled up)

9 Likes

Re: What Are Those Courses That Are Still Good To Study In Nigeria? by sammy99(m): 10:39pm On Feb 05, 2019
KINGJAJA888:

Tell me wot u are doubting about radiography being lucrative?

5 Likes

Re: What Are Those Courses That Are Still Good To Study In Nigeria? by KINGJAJA888(m): 12:16am On Feb 06, 2019
sammy99:

Tell me wot u are doubting about radiography being lucrative?
D fact DEY are not paid as much as doctors. . undecided
Re: What Are Those Courses That Are Still Good To Study In Nigeria? by qwertyboss(m): 12:51am On Feb 06, 2019
it's not what you know in nigeria nowadays it's who you know even if you graduated with third class in music

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Are Those Courses That Are Still Good To Study In Nigeria? by sammy99(m): 7:56am On Feb 06, 2019
KINGJAJA888:
D fact DEY are not paid as much as doctors. . undecided

so dat one now means dat it not lucrative shey?

And y will u b comparing a 6yrs course with a 5yr course?
So medicine student will spend 6yrs in skul and now come and b collecting d same with a radiography students.
Haba,reason it well na

and moreover,radiographers are being paid well but not upto wot doctors are collecting
for example radiograhers interns collect like 120k to 150k(i mean intern not dat u are now a certified radiograher)after 5yr while doctors interns collect like 170 to 200k as an intern students

so wots not lucrative in radiography as a course?
Also,wen u look are comparing in terms of competition in labour market,am sure u know radiography cannot b placed ahead of medicine cos d number of doctors dey produce now is alarming,unlike radiography dat is being offered by only 7 skuls plus uniben yet to b accredited,so u can see der is more competition in d labour market concerning medical doctors to radiographers,as d case in nigeria,wer u hardly find radiographers

12 Likes

Re: What Are Those Courses That Are Still Good To Study In Nigeria? by iceboy4752(m): 8:20am On Feb 06, 2019
asuustrike1:
I can't say but it would be wise they call off after the elections
Exactly. We are all tired of you.

2 Likes

Re: What Are Those Courses That Are Still Good To Study In Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:59am On Feb 06, 2019
iceboy4752:

Exactly. We are all tired of you.
You neva see anything yet
Re: What Are Those Courses That Are Still Good To Study In Nigeria? by KINGJAJA888(m): 9:33am On Feb 06, 2019
sammy99:

so dat one now means dat it not lucrative shey?

And y will u b comparing a 6yrs course with a 5yr course?
So medicine student will spend 6yrs in skul and now come and b collecting d same with a radiography students.
Haba,reason it well na

and moreover,radiographers are being paid well but not upto wot doctors are collecting
for example radiograhers interns collect like 120k to 150k(i mean intern not dat u are now a certified radiograher)after 5yr while doctors interns collect like 170 to 200k as an intern students

so wots not lucrative in radiography as a course?
Also,wen u look are comparing in terms of competition in labour market,am sure u know radiography cannot b placed ahead of medicine cos d number of doctors dey produce now is alarming,unlike radiography dat is being offered by only 7 skuls plus uniben yet to b accredited,so u can see der is more competition in d labour market concerning medical doctors to radiographers,as d case in nigeria,wer u hardly find radiographers
But how much do you think is the average salary scale of a radiographer in Nigeria ..
Re: What Are Those Courses That Are Still Good To Study In Nigeria? by sammy99(m): 9:55am On Feb 06, 2019
KINGJAJA888:
But how much do you think is the average salary scale of a radiographer in Nigeria ..

d average scale is around 150k to 200k for a starter and den a consultant collects 300k and above depending on d conhess level

1 Like

Re: What Are Those Courses That Are Still Good To Study In Nigeria? by shollish(m): 2:58pm On Feb 06, 2019
Study these courses and save yourself from unemployment

1) Dentistry

2) Radiography

3) Medicine and Surgery

4) Pharmacy

5) Nursing

6) Medical Lab. Science

40 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Are Those Courses That Are Still Good To Study In Nigeria? by iceboy4752(m): 8:51pm On Feb 06, 2019
shollish:
Study these courses and save yourself from unemployment

1) Dentistry

2) Radiography

3) Medicine and Surgery

4) Pharmacy

5) Nursing

6) Medical Lab. Science

Chai! So no hope for students that studied art-related courses?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are Those Courses That Are Still Good To Study In Nigeria? by Macbennie(m): 10:41pm On Feb 06, 2019
[quote author=shollish post=75474073]Study these courses and save yourself from unemployment

1) Dentistry

2) Radiography

3) Medicine and Surgery

4) Pharmacy

5) Nursing

6) Medical Lab. Science
[pharmacology nko
Re: What Are Those Courses That Are Still Good To Study In Nigeria? by iceboy4752(m): 12:46am On Feb 13, 2019
[quote author=Macbennie post=75486593][/quote]

Chai! Dentistry? How many people teeth wan dey break when you go dey make money. grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Checkout This Homework Given To A 5-Year-Old Pupil (Photo) / Dirty Toilets, Overgrown Grasses As Nairalander Posts Pictures Of Madonna Uni / Two OAU Students Commit Suicide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.