Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,462 members, 7,819,687 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:57 PM

Southwest May Determine Buhari/atiku Fate. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Southwest May Determine Buhari/atiku Fate. (1809 Views)

Buhari, Atiku, Tinubu, Obi: 4 Lessons Nigeria's 2023 Elections Taught Me - Reno / Pictures Of Buhari, Atiku And Ortom Crying For Nigeria. #Weeping Politicians / 800m Walk: Sowore Shades Buhari & Atiku. Shares His Own Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Southwest May Determine Buhari/atiku Fate. by Esusustuffs: 8:24pm On Feb 05, 2019
With the impressive turnout witnessed in some nothern States like Bauchi, Tarraba, Plateau and maybe Kano. I think the southwest will still determine the winner of Feb 16 presidential elections.
During the last election, Southwest votes contributed immensely to Buhari's victory. Now the question is, why is it that the southwest vote is crucial to any presidential election in Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Southwest May Determine Buhari/atiku Fate. by fergie001: 8:25pm On Feb 05, 2019
I think it's the NC states.....they have most times often than not decided who wins the Presidency......

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Southwest May Determine Buhari/atiku Fate. by Esusustuffs: 8:32pm On Feb 05, 2019
Maybe
Re: Southwest May Determine Buhari/atiku Fate. by Abfinest007(m): 8:47pm On Feb 05, 2019
is very simple bcus atiku is from north n buhari is from d north so d vote from d north will b divided south south is for atiku south east is for atiku so even if south West goes to buhari .buhari will still not win

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Southwest May Determine Buhari/atiku Fate. by kayfra: 8:52pm On Feb 05, 2019
I sha know ot can't be determined by SE votes. We are boycotting the elections grin
Re: Southwest May Determine Buhari/atiku Fate. by onubijoe(m): 9:26pm On Feb 05, 2019
South west cannot be a boy every day/year under the watch of one man its time for them to pull out of bondage

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Southwest May Determine Buhari/atiku Fate. by Nobody: 9:40pm On Feb 05, 2019
fergie001:
I think it's the NC states.....they have most times often than not decided who wins the Presidency......
You are right, the NC will decide this election.

SW, NW sure for APC while SS, SE are sure for the PDP.
NE has a higher chance of going to the APC, the NC is the bride of this election but I'm surprised none of them are taking advantage of the landscape.
Re: Southwest May Determine Buhari/atiku Fate. by fergie001: 9:46pm On Feb 05, 2019
kingkakaone:

NE has a higher chance of going to the APC, the NC is the bride of this election but I'm surprised none of them are taking advantage of the landscape.
They always do.....Jonathan won only one out of 6 in 2015......

The election will be too close to call....
Where the fear is for the Ruling party is the margin of wins....
While Kano,Jigawa,Kaduna and Sokoto will lose some traditional strengths....

It will boil down to percentages....but the NC will decide sha....you na MidWest..who una dey vote sef?
Sowore abi Muoghalu? grin
Re: Southwest May Determine Buhari/atiku Fate. by abduljabbar4(m): 9:46pm On Feb 05, 2019
Abfinest007:
is very simple bcus atiku is from north n buhari is from d north so d vote from d north will b divided south south is for atiku south east is for atiku so even if south West goes to buhari .buhari will still not win

Buhari is getting nothing less than 70% of Nothern votes. Write it down. The only pro Atiku northerners i see are online which on so many occassionsnhave turned out to be pigs in Northern clothingcheesy

4 Likes

Re: Southwest May Determine Buhari/atiku Fate. by chinchum(m): 9:46pm On Feb 05, 2019
The SW will be needed for him to secure the 25% in 24 states no doubt. While APC will surely get the needed over 25% in the 19 northern states, it needs at least 5 more southern states to achieve at least 25% to prevent a run-off. If there are two regions, I am sure Buhari will do better than he did in 2015 , it is ironically the SE and the SS. However, APC will still not achieve 25% in at least 7 out of the combined 11 states in SE/SS.

Buhari will win with at least 55% of total votes cast..btw PDP and APC. He will be declared the winner by February 17, 2019 late in the night.

This is bookmarked to be reviewed in 13days from now.

4 Likes

Re: Southwest May Determine Buhari/atiku Fate. by Nobody: 9:48pm On Feb 05, 2019
Abfinest007:
If only u understand that the SW has the second highest voting strength in Nigeria today.
In this coming election, results will be different from 2015 in that zone in case u don't know.
The last election, PDP had lots of powerful people from that axis eg pa Bode, Obanikoro and governors like Fayose, Mimiko plus OPC crew doing the street job for them due to some dollars and a few Kings in their side, but not this time.
PDP is kind of silent in that zone today and the margin will be wider than that of 2015.

Don't forget that people will vote based on sentiments due to how campaign is being arranged today and that will play against the PDP in that zone too.

My opinion is that the margin for APC this time will be wider than the last election.

4 Likes

Re: Southwest May Determine Buhari/atiku Fate. by Clerverly: 9:55pm On Feb 05, 2019
fergie001:

It will boil down to percentages....but the NC will decide sha....you na MidWest..who una dey vote sef?

I hear you. And APC will not even touch PDP votes in Akwaibom, Rivers, Delta, Imo, Ebonyi etc.

Delusional to say the least grin grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Southwest May Determine Buhari/atiku Fate. by fergie001: 9:58pm On Feb 05, 2019
Clerverly:

I hear you. And APC will not even touch PDP votes in Akwaibom, Rivers, Delta, Imo, Ebonyi etc.

Delusional to say the least grin grin
No be you get your mouth cheesy grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Southwest May Determine Buhari/atiku Fate. by Nobody: 10:00pm On Feb 05, 2019
fergie001:

Which one is Midwest again bros?
Re: Southwest May Determine Buhari/atiku Fate. by fergie001: 10:01pm On Feb 05, 2019
kingkakaone:

Which one is Midwest again bros?
Haaaa....person wey I know where e from come but I no sure,na MidWest nah...
From your name,Kaka,...you are definitely Edo or Delta,I lie?
Re: Southwest May Determine Buhari/atiku Fate. by Clerverly: 10:01pm On Feb 05, 2019
Atiku will not win up to 2 States in the entire 19 States of North including Abuja.

There is no State in the entire South, that can give Atiku 600000 votes....not even Rivers State or Delta State.

1 Like

Re: Southwest May Determine Buhari/atiku Fate. by senatordave1(m): 10:16pm On Feb 05, 2019
kingkakaone:

I dont see south west or north central deciding things.whoever wins here will do so narrowly.the elections will be decided by margins of win and loss in ne,nw,se,sw which will favor apc.north west as usual will neutralize the ss,se while the north east will give him victory.apc have enough machinery and personnel in ss,se to suppress pdp votes and rigging while pdp do not have the resources to stop buhari inflating core northern votes.
Re: Southwest May Determine Buhari/atiku Fate. by Esusustuffs: 10:18pm On Feb 05, 2019
Clerverly:
Atiku will not win up to 2 States in the entire 19 States of North including Abuja.

There is no State in the entire South, that can give Atiku 600000 votes....not even Rivers State or Delta State.
Hmm, OK.
Re: Southwest May Determine Buhari/atiku Fate. by KunleyY19(m): 10:24pm On Feb 05, 2019
Because na we get OT pass
Re: Southwest May Determine Buhari/atiku Fate. by mrvitalis(m): 10:25pm On Feb 05, 2019
senatordave1:

I dont see south west or north central deciding things.whoever wins here will do so narrowly.the elections will be decided by margins of win and loss in ne,nw,se,sw which will favor apc.north west as usual will neutralize the ss,se while the north east will give him victory.apc have enough machinery and personnel in ss,se to suppress pdp votes and rigging while pdp do not have the resources to stop buhari inflating core northern votes.
Exactly... I don't know what the rest people are saying

Which south west the one that can't give buhari plus one million votes?

1 Like

Re: Southwest May Determine Buhari/atiku Fate. by BuhariLooter(m): 10:26pm On Feb 05, 2019
Anybody not voting atiku issa bastard.My message to my Igbo brothers is that in the short run Buhari has to go. For those who are protesting for Biafra, you cannot go protest with hunger, or empty stomach ,let the man go first, leave Aso Rock, let someone who is reasonable enter Aso Rock, then we continue our dialogue on the Nigerian project. Boycotting the election like Kanu said will not help the igbos rather it helps Buhari to win the election remember Peter Obi is the second igboman to contest as Vice Presidential Candidate after Dr Alex Ekwueme let's support PDP. I believe he will try his best if elected
Daluu kwa nu ooooooo!!
Re: Southwest May Determine Buhari/atiku Fate. by senatordave1(m): 10:33pm On Feb 05, 2019
mrvitalis:

Exactly... I don't know what the rest people are saying

Which south west the one that can't give buhari plus one million votes?
This time i see them giving him up to a million votes.whoever wins the north central wont be more than 500k votes.if atiku wins there,the west will cancel the north central.that is why i said magins from core north and core south will determine.
Re: Southwest May Determine Buhari/atiku Fate. by mrvitalis(m): 10:34pm On Feb 05, 2019
senatordave1:

This time i see them giving him up to a million votes.whoever wins the north central wont be more than 500k votes.if atiku wins there,the west will cancel the north central.that is why i said magins from core north and core south will determine.
West won't give buhari plus one million votes

Buhari would pull more than 2 million votes in the south south make it somewhere

1 Like

Re: Southwest May Determine Buhari/atiku Fate. by Foolishbuhari: 12:49am On Feb 06, 2019
mrvitalis:

West won't give buhari plus one million votes

Buhari would pull more than 2 million votes in the south south make it somewhere

We know self deluded fools when we see them Lol

2 Likes

Re: Southwest May Determine Buhari/atiku Fate. by nwanyionitsha: 1:40am On Feb 06, 2019
Esusustuffs:
With the impressive turnout witnessed in some nothern States like Bauchi, Tarraba, Plateau and maybe Kano. I think the southwest will still determine the winner of Feb 16 presidential elections.
During the last election, Southwest votes contributed immensely to Buhari's victory. Now the question is, why is it that the southwest vote is crucial to any presidential election in Nigeria?
Stop hyping rubbish. SW won't determine anything. Every region is on same level.
Re: Southwest May Determine Buhari/atiku Fate. by seanfer(m): 4:22am On Feb 06, 2019
nwanyionitsha:
Stop hyping rubbish. SW won't determine anything. Every region is on same level.

The region with the lowest voting population can’t change anything because just 3 states from the core north would cancel all the total votes PDP will get in the SE (Kano,Kaduna,Katsina) combined will give PMB 10 million votes and the SE can’t give PDP 8 Million... Remember this time no result writing in the SE for PDP and no federal power
Re: Southwest May Determine Buhari/atiku Fate. by nwabobo: 4:45am On Feb 06, 2019
Esusustuffs:

South West has never determined anybody's fate in Nigerian politics.
Re: Southwest May Determine Buhari/atiku Fate. by nwanyionitsha: 10:03am On Feb 06, 2019
seanfer:

The region with the lowest voting population can’t change anything because just 3 states from the core north would cancel all the total votes PDP will get in the SE (Kano,Kaduna,Katsina) combined will give PMB 10 million votes and the SE can’t give PDP 8 Million... Remember this time no result writing in the SE for PDP and no federal power
Still,SW determines nothing. Stop hyping rubbish. All tribes and group of people live in the SW. Every region plays its part.
Re: Southwest May Determine Buhari/atiku Fate. by izombie(m): 10:52am On Feb 06, 2019
SW trying so desperately to feel important. You people are delusional. No one needs you abeg.
Re: Southwest May Determine Buhari/atiku Fate. by seanfer(m): 11:02am On Feb 06, 2019
nwanyionitsha:
Still,SW determines nothing. Stop hyping rubbish. All tribes and group of people live in the SW. Every region plays its part.

The region with the 2nd highest number of votes won't determine anything to you?... Lets wait and see

1 Like

Re: Southwest May Determine Buhari/atiku Fate. by Esusustuffs: 11:37am On Feb 06, 2019
izombie:
SW trying so desperately to feel important. You people are delusional. No one needs you abeg.
South south, south east dont need the Yorubas. The North desperately need the Yoruba's cos they know their political value. That is why those that doesn't need the Yorubas dont have a say in Nigeria's politics.
Re: Southwest May Determine Buhari/atiku Fate. by SouthEastFacts: 12:25pm On Feb 06, 2019
Esusustuffs:
South West has never been crucial in determining any election. They contributed only 15% of Buhari's victory margin.

In 2015, they gave Buhari a vote margin of 580k votes while Anambra gave GEJ a margin of 660k. This means that if the election is between the 6 SW states plus Anambra, even though Buhari won 5 states in SW, GEJ's wins in Anambra and Ekiti would have returned him as President with 80k votes.

Only NC determines election in Nigeria.

(1) (2) (Reply)

If Buhari Wins I Will Doubt If God Loves Nigeria / 'Atiku Is A Cameroonian'.....Why are Adamawa People Quiet? / Become Stronger And Harder In The Inner Room

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.