Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,047 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:56 AM

How To Properly Use The “baby On Board” Sign - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How To Properly Use The “baby On Board” Sign (18249 Views)

How To Use The Recirculate Button In Your Vehicle / 10 Points On How To Properly Store Your Car / Not Washing Your Car Properly In Australia Could Earn You A Fine Of N162,000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Properly Use The “baby On Board” Sign by AutoJoshNIG: 4:00pm On Feb 06, 2019

Do you know this “Baby on Board!” sign?
It is black on yellow print, usually attached to one of the back windows of a vehicle with a suction. It’s use is most commonly believed to inform other motorists that the vehicle displaying the sign is traveling with a baby.

In reality, it has dual functions:
Parents want to keep their children safe. The sticker reminds you that a baby is a passenger in the vehicle and prompts you to drive more safely.

Parents love their babies. While commuting with their precious underaged passengers, they would rather prefer other Nigerian road users not to exhibit aggressive driving and unnecessary loud horns that may upset the driver or the baby that might as well be sleeping –babies love sleeping in cars �

In the unfortunate occurrence of an accident, the sign can alert RRS, Police, Fire Brigade or other emergency services that there is a child in the vehicle who might not be able to extricate themselves.

You should only use the sign when a child is actually in the vehicle.
If for example, there is no child in a burning vehicle, rescuers could endanger themselves by continually searching for a baby that was not in the vehicle in the first place!

If there is no baby in your car. Please remove the sign from your vehicle. (That’s why it is easily detachable). Pregnant women are exempted.

Next time you see a “Baby on Board!” sign on a vehicle, do the baby a favour by displaying some impeccable driving manners.
The baby will appreciate it.

Source:
https://autojosh.com/how-to-properly-use-the-baby-on-board-sign/

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How To Properly Use The “baby On Board” Sign by chuxxvester(m): 8:04pm On Feb 06, 2019
shocked
AutoJoshNIG:

It is black on yellow print, usually attached to one of the back windows of a vehicle with a suction. It’s use is most commonly believed to inform other motorists that the vehicle displaying the sign is traveling with a baby.

Parents want to keep their children safe. The sticker reminds you that a baby is a passenger in the vehicle and prompts you to drive more safely.

Parents love their babies. While commuting with their precious underaged passengers, they would rather prefer other Nigerian road users not to exhibit aggressive driving and unnecessary loud horns that may upset the driver or the baby that might as well be sleeping –babies love sleeping in cars �

In the unfortunate occurrence of an accident, the sign can alert RRS, Police, Fire Brigade or other emergency services that there is a child in the vehicle who might not be able to extricate themselves.

If for example, there is no child in a burning vehicle, rescuers could endanger themselves by continually searching for a baby that was not in the vehicle in the first place!

If there is no baby in your car. Please remove the sign from your vehicle. (That’s why it is easily detachable). Pregnant women are exempted.

Next time you see a “Baby on Board!” sign on a vehicle, do the baby a favour by displaying some impeccable driving manners.

Source:

1 Like

Re: How To Properly Use The “baby On Board” Sign by Stephenfowoyo(m): 8:04pm On Feb 06, 2019
Good
Re: How To Properly Use The “baby On Board” Sign by Nobody: 8:04pm On Feb 06, 2019
ok
Re: How To Properly Use The “baby On Board” Sign by Justfunkira(m): 8:04pm On Feb 06, 2019

1 Like

Re: How To Properly Use The “baby On Board” Sign by Emu4life(m): 8:04pm On Feb 06, 2019
Stephenfowoyo:
Good
muhdchilli:
ok
Justfunkira:
V
ainas247:
wink
k
Bizmagnet:
Very educative.
See them...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Properly Use The “baby On Board” Sign by ainas247: 8:04pm On Feb 06, 2019
wink very nice

Rank your business on Google and get more clients check my profile to see new results
Re: How To Properly Use The “baby On Board” Sign by Bizmagnet: 8:04pm On Feb 06, 2019
Very educative.

Beautify your ideas and business this year with a colourful website/blog/software. Be an early riser! Check my signature for contacts.
Re: How To Properly Use The “baby On Board” Sign by slimdude(m): 8:05pm On Feb 06, 2019
Interesting
Re: How To Properly Use The “baby On Board” Sign by chloride6: 8:05pm On Feb 06, 2019
Am I the only one who hasn't seen this sign before?

1 Like

Re: How To Properly Use The “baby On Board” Sign by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:05pm On Feb 06, 2019
Very good thread from Mr Josh.

We @ believe that the idea of this BABY ON BOARD sign is that people will drive more safely around a vehicle they know has a baby in the backseat -- and what parent doesn't want to keep their baby safe?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Properly Use The “baby On Board” Sign by TosinAfuye(m): 8:05pm On Feb 06, 2019
Nice one!
Re: How To Properly Use The “baby On Board” Sign by Protein0: 8:05pm On Feb 06, 2019
Noted!
Re: How To Properly Use The “baby On Board” Sign by MaiGemu: 8:06pm On Feb 06, 2019
grin
Re: How To Properly Use The “baby On Board” Sign by chrisifeanyi: 8:07pm On Feb 06, 2019
That's not for Nigerians

1 Like

Re: How To Properly Use The “baby On Board” Sign by somez(m): 8:07pm On Feb 06, 2019
Wow nice. I was thinking of putting it on my car window so careless drivers won't hit my car,even though am not married, talk less if having a child. Lol

3 Likes

Re: How To Properly Use The “baby On Board” Sign by iHart(m): 8:08pm On Feb 06, 2019
Can you show us a picture of where it is rightly in use?

1 Like

Re: How To Properly Use The “baby On Board” Sign by Nobody: 8:08pm On Feb 06, 2019
! NL has been lipsrsealed
Re: How To Properly Use The “baby On Board” Sign by muntimabissa: 8:10pm On Feb 06, 2019
Thanks for Educating us.
Re: How To Properly Use The “baby On Board” Sign by Divay22(f): 8:11pm On Feb 06, 2019
First time mummy and daddy love putting in grin cheesy
But when kids are like 3 or 4 they rarely attach it.

Nice though.. Just learnt something.

2 Likes

Re: How To Properly Use The “baby On Board” Sign by Thoying1990: 8:30pm On Feb 06, 2019
chloride6:
please try leave ur village & come to town now, na beg I dey beg u

4 Likes

Re: How To Properly Use The “baby On Board” Sign by Yewandequeen(f): 8:31pm On Feb 06, 2019
chloride6:
yes

1 Like

Re: How To Properly Use The “baby On Board” Sign by Nobody: 8:35pm On Feb 06, 2019
Have come across cars with such signs being driven in James-Bond fashion.

1 Like

Re: How To Properly Use The “baby On Board” Sign by calculator123(m): 8:36pm On Feb 06, 2019
Trust Nigerians to misuse it.
If we can use the clergy sign when we are not clergy or is it the Navy/police sign that we misuse. Nigerians and misuse are 2 sides of same coin. Nice one Autojosh

1 Like

Re: How To Properly Use The “baby On Board” Sign by femi4: 8:41pm On Feb 06, 2019
chloride6:
get out of that village

2 Likes

Re: How To Properly Use The “baby On Board” Sign by GreatManBee: 8:58pm On Feb 06, 2019
Nice.
AutoJoshNIG:

Source:

Re: How To Properly Use The “baby On Board” Sign by bilulu(m): 9:10pm On Feb 06, 2019
chloride6:
probably because you live in far away in one of these Yoruba villages were cars re seen once in weeks.... sorry o na play I dey
Re: How To Properly Use The “baby On Board” Sign by Nobody: 9:17pm On Feb 06, 2019
Josh you never enter traffic abi lol once I buy am na default lol today this lone policeman was just blowing siren for himself lmao
Re: How To Properly Use The “baby On Board” Sign by omoteacher(m): 9:25pm On Feb 06, 2019
shocked shocked shocked

Lagos drivers won't care. You see okada rider blasting his horn any how and also all these trailer drivers blasting their horns continuously. It's good to have it when a baby is onboard sha.
Re: How To Properly Use The “baby On Board” Sign by 3kay945(m): 9:36pm On Feb 06, 2019
Might be cool in Abuja or other parts of naija but definitely not Lagos, Where aggressive drivers are everywhere always ready to display their animalistic skills. lipsrsealed

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Honda EOD Won't Start If The Car Goes Through Erosion / How To Get A Driver's License? / Mention Any Car Issues You Are Currently Experiencing And We'll Help You Solve I

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.