Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,993 members, 7,814,390 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:09 PM

Mention Any Car Issues You Are Currently Experiencing And We'll Help You Solve I - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Mention Any Car Issues You Are Currently Experiencing And We'll Help You Solve I (18241 Views)

We Find Lasting Solutions To Tricky And Stubborn Car Issues / Drivers Should Be Observant Of These 10 Common Car Issues / See How To Debadge A Mercedes Benz CLA 250 Or Any Car Brand (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mention Any Car Issues You Are Currently Experiencing And We'll Help You Solve I by cardoctor(m): 5:23pm On Jan 06, 2021
Hello, it's the Car Doctor again with solutions to those niggling car issues. Just post the problem and I will give you the best advice on how to go about getting that sick car back on it's wheels.

Pls kindly specify:
1. Make
2. Model
3. Year of manufacture
4. Manual or automatic
5. Number of cylinders
6. Diesel or petrol or Hybrid
7. Issues with the car
8. Current mileage

That's all.

Car Doctor

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mention Any Car Issues You Are Currently Experiencing And We'll Help You Solve I by Stanleyallen17(m): 8:47pm On Jan 06, 2021
cardoctor:
Hello, it's the Car Doctor again with solutions to those niggling car issues. Just post the problem and I will give you the best advice on how to go about getting that sick car back on it's wheels.

Pls kindly specify:
1. Make
2. Model
3. Year of manufacture
4. Manual or automatic
5. Number of cylinders
7. Issues with the car

That's all.

Car Doctor

A relative of mine have a 2007 Toyota Camry.
He complains that the a/c only cools the car at night but not able to cool during the day. No work have been done the a/c side before now.

1 Like

Re: Mention Any Car Issues You Are Currently Experiencing And We'll Help You Solve I by Daviestunech(m): 11:01pm On Jan 06, 2021
cardoctor:

Pls kindly specify:
1. Make
2. Model
3. Year of manufacture
4. Manual or automatic
5. Number of cylinders
7. Issues with the car

That's all.

Car Doctor

The passenger front side brake hose not supplying oil to the caliper.... but others is work. Wat can I do

Secondly...my ac not working properly... not bring out cold air..... just light air coming out....

Camry 03 v 6

1 Like

Re: Mention Any Car Issues You Are Currently Experiencing And We'll Help You Solve I by Readonee35L(m): 11:15pm On Jan 06, 2021
2015 Camry Xse
2.5Cyl 2ar-fe
6-speed U760e transmission
46k original miles.

Issue.
Vehicle Jerks hard when put in reverse only, Transmission shifts perfectly and works okay.
Scan Result : P2716

1 Like

Re: Mention Any Car Issues You Are Currently Experiencing And We'll Help You Solve I by cardoctor(m): 11:41pm On Jan 06, 2021
Stanleyallen17:

A relative of mine have a 2007 Toyota Camry.
He complains that the a/c only cools the car at night but not able to cool during the day. No work have been done the a/c side before now.

The quality of the a/c gas could be the issue as there are so many cheap low quality a/c gas in the market now and many of these charlatan a/c technicians don't really know the difference and don't care either.

I will advice you replace the gas first with a better quality one and done by a more professional a//c guy.
Re: Mention Any Car Issues You Are Currently Experiencing And We'll Help You Solve I by cardoctor(m): 11:44pm On Jan 06, 2021
Daviestunech:

The passenger front side brake hose not supplying oil to the caliper.... but others is work. Wat can I do

Secondly...my ac not working properly... not bring out cold air..... just light air coming out....

Camry 03 v 6

For the brake issue, simple. Just replace the hose. It's blocked. It does happen sometimes.

Secondly, the a/c issue requires a professional physical check.
Re: Mention Any Car Issues You Are Currently Experiencing And We'll Help You Solve I by babatee1985(m): 11:44pm On Jan 06, 2021
Nissan (Altima 2000 modeI)
Automatic, petrol engine, 4 cylinder.

I drive a Nissan Altima 2000 model, there is one day that I travelled to sango otta in ogun state and I entered a very deep flood coz rain fell so heavily that day. After getting out of the flood, I noticed the car engine started revving high once I accelerate slowly but will do normal when I'm speeding. When I got to my house, I took it to my mechanic and he said it is gear issue. I was shocked coz the gear was working perfectly well until I entered the flood. I took it to a guy who is a gear expert and after test driving, he said the gear is still okay coz it selects well aside the high revving issue. He told me that the only thing that can cause the issue is that the transmission oil filter must have been clogged after entering the flood. He now said he will have to wash the oil filter to remove clog from it and I will have to buy another transmission oil to service the gear. He said I will need 8 litres of the oil(4 litres x2). This issue still persists after servicing of the gear with new transmission oil. What else could cause this please?
Re: Mention Any Car Issues You Are Currently Experiencing And We'll Help You Solve I by cardoctor(m): 11:51pm On Jan 06, 2021
Readonee35L:
2015 Camry Xse
2.5Cyl 2ar-fe
6-speed U760e transmission
46k original miles.

Issue.
Vehicle Jerks hard when put in reverse only, Transmission shifts perfectly and works okay.
Scan Result : P2716

Maybe, maybe not. On the U760 series tranny's, these codes easily pop up but not necessarily related to the issue. Replacing the valve body or changing the solenoid may not necessarily rectify the issue. The mileage u indicated may be a bit dubious but primarily, issues like this usually result from internal wear and tear due to higher mileage or wrong type of oil Use. A good Toyota gearbox technician could help pinpoint the issue. If you are in Abuja, contact me.
Re: Mention Any Car Issues You Are Currently Experiencing And We'll Help You Solve I by cardoctor(m): 11:57pm On Jan 06, 2021
babatee1985:
Nissan (Altima 2000 modeI)
Automatic, petrol engine, 4 cylinder.

I drive a Nissan Altima 2000 model, there is one day that I travelled to sango otta in ogun state and I entered a very deep flood coz rain fell so heavily that day. After getting out of the flood, I noticed the car engine started revving high once I accelerate slowly but will do normal when I'm speeding. When I got to my house, I took it to my mechanic and he said it is gear issue. I was shocked coz the gear was working perfectly well until I entered the flood. I took it to a guy who is a gear expert and after test driving, he said the gear is still okay coz it selects well aside the high revving issue. He told me that the only thing that can cause the issue is that the transmission oil filter must have been clogged after entering the flood. He now said he will have to wash the oil filter to remove clog from it and I will have to buy another transmission oil to service the gear. He said I will need 8 litres of the oil(4 litres x2). This issue still persists after servicing of the gear with new transmission oil. What else could cause this please?

The issue is obviously not the gearbox. It's definitely an engine issue. Have u carried out a scan on the car? For a 2000 car, ignition coils and leads may be exposed to water contact. Have your mechanic clean the ignition electrical connections and the plugs as well.
Re: Mention Any Car Issues You Are Currently Experiencing And We'll Help You Solve I by Princenady(m): 12:47am On Jan 07, 2021
Good morning
1. My Camry 2007 changes gear at high revs of like 4.5k or 5k
2. It vibrates when I apply brakes
Re: Mention Any Car Issues You Are Currently Experiencing And We'll Help You Solve I by Readonee35L(m): 1:48am On Jan 07, 2021
cardoctor:

Maybe, maybe not. On the U760 series tranny's, these codes easily pop up but not necessarily related to the issue. Replacing the valve body or changing the solenoid may not necessarily rectify the issue. The mileage u indicated may be a bit dubious but primarily, issues like this usually result from internal wear and tear due to higher mileage or wrong type of oil Use. A good Toyota gearbox technician could help pinpoint the issue. If you are in Abuja, contact me.
Mileage is original.
I'm in Lagos
Re: Mention Any Car Issues You Are Currently Experiencing And We'll Help You Solve I by babatee1985(m): 7:45am On Jan 07, 2021
cardoctor:

The issue is obviously not the gearbox. It's definitely an engine issue. Have u carried out a scan on the car? For a 2000 car, ignition coils and leads may be exposed to water contact. Have your mechanic clean the ignition electrical connections and the plugs as well.
Thanks for your response, I have not done anything about the engine sir. one other thing I notice is that the cruise control stopped working as well after entering the floor sir. What can cause this too sir?
Re: Mention Any Car Issues You Are Currently Experiencing And We'll Help You Solve I by Daviestunech(m): 8:29am On Jan 07, 2021
cardoctor:

For the brake issue, simple. Just replace the hose. It's blocked. It does happen sometimes.

Secondly, the a/c issue requires a professional physical check.

Check the hose, it good.... the mech was saying he gonna loose the abs pump to flush maybe it's blocked from there
Re: Mention Any Car Issues You Are Currently Experiencing And We'll Help You Solve I by kennyldelsu: 8:39am On Jan 07, 2021
cardoctor:

Pls kindly specify:
1. Make
2. Model
3. Year of manufacture
4. Manual or automatic
5. Number of cylinders
7. Issues with the car

That's all.

Car Doctor

make - honda
model - civic,
year - 2008
transmission - automatic
cylinda - 4plug
petrol

my car consumed fuel more than normal, and accelerate sluggishly. after scanning, it was reveal that the 02 sensor is bad. I did change it, and the check engin sign disappear. few min letter, the sign comes up again and I went to scan... code reveal is - P2413. report is EGR issue. what to know the effect of this pls. and what to do.

also, my AC cools well when in motion but on traffic, it stops cooling. those are the 2 issues I need help with.
thank you in anticipation
Re: Mention Any Car Issues You Are Currently Experiencing And We'll Help You Solve I by JAYUK(m): 11:25am On Jan 07, 2021
1. Make--- Toyota Sienna
2. Model--- sienna
3. Year of manufacture-- 2011
4. Manual or automatic-- auto
5. Number of cylinders--- 6
6. Diesel or petrol or Hybrid--- petrol
7. Issues with the car -error code P0037,P2238 and P2241, no catalyst present.
I have changed the sensors,still error light persist,fuel consumption is high
Please assist
Re: Mention Any Car Issues You Are Currently Experiencing And We'll Help You Solve I by nitt: 12:46pm On Jan 07, 2021
make - Honda
model - accord
year - 2005
engine - 4cylinder
petrol

hi, glad to have you back cardoctor.

issue: my car burns oil (like half a litre after a week's drove to and from work. A drive of about 20km to and fro).

Now I'm thinking of ringing the engine soon once I'm able to save up.

I want to ask if I should start using the specified 5w30 synthetic oil by Honda, or, continue the 20w50 I have been using for about 10years I have been with the car??.

Thanks.
Re: Mention Any Car Issues You Are Currently Experiencing And We'll Help You Solve I by sunbreaker: 12:50pm On Jan 07, 2021
cardoctor:

Pls kindly specify:
1. Make
2. Model
3. Year of manufacture
4. Manual or automatic
5. Number of cylinders
7. Issues with the car

That's all.

Car Doctor

how often a user can check alignment of Toyota corolla
Re: Mention Any Car Issues You Are Currently Experiencing And We'll Help You Solve I by cardoctor(m): 11:55pm On Jan 07, 2021
kennyldelsu:

make - honda
model - civic,
year - 2008
transmission - automatic
cylinda - 4plug
petrol

my car consumed fuel more than normal, and accelerate sluggishly. after scanning, it was reveal that the 02 sensor is bad. I did change it, and the check engin sign disappear. few min letter, the sign comes up again and I went to scan... code reveal is - P2413. report is EGR issue. what to know the effect of this pls. and what to do.

also, my AC cools well when in motion but on traffic, it stops cooling. those are the 2 issues I need help with.
thank you in anticipation

First of all have the egr valve cleaned by a good mechanic. Also service the injector nozzles.

On the a/c issue, u may have to replace the refrigerant. Make sure ur ac guys uses original refrigerant (gas). Ac issues are a bit delicate and difficult to proffer solutions to online. It's usually best to have your ac technician knowing what's best for ur situation and doing it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mention Any Car Issues You Are Currently Experiencing And We'll Help You Solve I by cardoctor(m): 12:03am On Jan 08, 2021
nitt:
make - Honda
model - accord
year - 2005
engine - 4cylinder
petrol

hi, glad to have you back cardoctor.

issue: my car burns oil (like half a litre after a week's drove to and from work. A drive of about 20km to and fro).

Now I'm thinking of ringing the engine soon once I'm able to save up.

I want to ask if I should start using the specified 5w30 synthetic oil by Honda, or, continue the 20w50 I have been using for about 10years I have been with the car??.

Thanks.

Bear in mind that a 2005 car is now obviously 15 years old. That's approximately an average of 150k miles. Possible more for an engine already indicating weakness at the seals. Ringing it wouldn't be a bad idea in resolving the high oil consumption but make sure you have a competent technician near you to handle it. If he doesn't get it right, the problem may persist with even more consequences and more expenses. Replace the engine if u can afford to. You will be a happier man.

Even with a replacement engine, use a 20w/50.
Re: Mention Any Car Issues You Are Currently Experiencing And We'll Help You Solve I by cardoctor(m): 12:05am On Jan 08, 2021
sunbreaker:
how often a user can check alignment of Toyota corolla
As often as you feel the steering is hard to keep in a straight line without effort.
Re: Mention Any Car Issues You Are Currently Experiencing And We'll Help You Solve I by cardoctor(m): 12:09am On Jan 08, 2021
Daviestunech:

Check the hose, it good.... the mech was saying he gonna loose the abs pump to flush maybe it's blocked from there
Hmmm. I don't know how he's gonna do tha but let's see how that it turns out

1 Like

Re: Mention Any Car Issues You Are Currently Experiencing And We'll Help You Solve I by cardoctor(m): 12:10am On Jan 08, 2021
babatee1985:
Thanks for your response, I have not done anything about the engine sir. one other thing I notice is that the cruise control stopped working as well after entering the floor sir. What can cause this too sir?

Nissan cars are very funny and challenging to deal with. It's better done physically than online. Are u in buja!
Re: Mention Any Car Issues You Are Currently Experiencing And We'll Help You Solve I by kennyldelsu: 7:39am On Jan 08, 2021
cardoctor:

First of all have the egr valve cleaned by a good mechanic. Also service the injector nozzles.

On the a/c issue, u may have to replace the refrigerant. Make sure ur ac guys uses original refrigerant (gas). Ac issues are a bit delicate and difficult to proffer solutions to online. It's usually best to have your ac technician knowing what's best for ur situation and doing it.

thank you
Re: Mention Any Car Issues You Are Currently Experiencing And We'll Help You Solve I by Daviestunech(m): 8:01am On Jan 08, 2021
cardoctor:

Hmmm. I don't know how he's gonna do tha but let's see how that it turns out

Fix thnx...I appreciate your time
Re: Mention Any Car Issues You Are Currently Experiencing And We'll Help You Solve I by Kelvin30286063(m): 9:53am On Jan 08, 2021
cardoctor:

The quality of the a/c gas could be the issue as there are so many cheap low quality a/c gas in the market now and many of these charlatan a/c technicians don't really know the difference and don't care either.

I will advice you replace the gas first with a better quality one and done by a more professional a//c guy.
Ah! Ac gas! Bro I had this same issue. Ac only cools in the morning and at night. At the end of the day, I was able to resolve it after I changed my compressor. The compressor was weak cuz it's been used for a long time.

1 Like

Re: Mention Any Car Issues You Are Currently Experiencing And We'll Help You Solve I by honourbay: 1:26pm On Jan 08, 2021
[quote author=cardoctor post=97785311]Hello, it's the Car Doctor again with solutions to those niggling car issues. Just post the problem and I will give you the best advice on how to go about getting that sick car back on it's wheels.

Pls kindly specify:
1. Make
2. Model
3. Year of manufacture
4. Manual or automatic
5. Number of cylinders
7. Issues with the car

That's all.

Car Doctor

[Corrola 07/08... check engine sign on.
Serviced and sign still on
Re: Mention Any Car Issues You Are Currently Experiencing And We'll Help You Solve I by nitt: 3:04pm On Jan 08, 2021
cardoctor:

Bear in mind that a 2005 car is now obviously 15 years old. That's approximately an average of 150k miles. Possible more for an engine already indicating weakness at the seals. Ringing it wouldn't be a bad idea in resolving the high oil consumption but make sure you have a competent technician near you to handle it. If he doesn't get it right, the problem may persist with even more consequences and more expenses. Replace the engine if u can afford to. You will be a happier man.

Even with a replacement engine, use a 20w/50.

Thanks for the advice and guidance.

will take each one into consideration.

God bless.
Re: Mention Any Car Issues You Are Currently Experiencing And We'll Help You Solve I by Stanleyallen17(m): 8:51pm On Jan 08, 2021
cardoctor:

This car was brought as a clean title from US. It was only painted when it arrived Nigeria on june 2020 and nothing else have been done on the car, expect change of engine oil and filter.
Re: Mention Any Car Issues You Are Currently Experiencing And We'll Help You Solve I by demola9: 10:58am On Jan 09, 2021
Make Lexus gx470

Year. 2006

Petrol

V8 engine

The problem with the car is air conditioning
Re: Mention Any Car Issues You Are Currently Experiencing And We'll Help You Solve I by honourbay: 2:42pm On Jan 09, 2021
07-08 corolla
Check engine light is on
Serviced and light stays on.
Please help
Re: Mention Any Car Issues You Are Currently Experiencing And We'll Help You Solve I by Jaygrl(f): 11:17am On Jan 10, 2021
My hubby recently bought Honda CR-V 2003 model(Naija used) for me. It has been from one issue to another. At first it was the gear but it was fixed,one of the days I took the car out it just stopped on the road and the mechanic came to check the car and said he will change a certain switch which he did. In the last 2days now,when driving the steering will be hard all of a sudden and the car will go off showing battery sign on the dashboard. The battery is relatively new,please what do you advice I do?
Re: Mention Any Car Issues You Are Currently Experiencing And We'll Help You Solve I by KnightsTemplar(m): 11:55am On Jan 10, 2021
Jaygrl:

My hubby recently bought Honda CR-V 2003 model(Naija used) for me. It has been from one issue to another. At first it was the gear but it was fixed,one of the days I took the car out it just stopped on the road and the mechanic came to check the car and said he will change a certain switch which he did. In the last 2days now,when driving the steering will be hard all of a sudden and the car will go off showing battery sign on the dashboard. The battery is relatively new,please what do you advice I do?

I hope you guys have checked if your fan belt has not cut.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How To Properly Use The “baby On Board” Sign / How To Get A Driver's License? / Car Mileage And Engine Performance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.