Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,078 members, 7,811,020 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:53 PM

How To Use The Recirculate Button In Your Vehicle - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How To Use The Recirculate Button In Your Vehicle (22661 Views)

What Is The Function Of This Button In A Car / 10 Reasons Why You Should Not Overload Your Vehicle / How To Survive If Your Vehicle Is Sinking Into A River Or Sea (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Use The Recirculate Button In Your Vehicle by Ishilove: 7:59pm On Jun 26, 2023
Thought I should share this, although I don't even know if my vehicle has this button. I'll have to check when it is back from my Kazeem. It is currently being repaired after my folks traveled with it to Delta state and when they returned, the vehicle was singing fyuuuuuuyuh when you start the engine. 😑

USEFUL TIP

Ever had some complaints from some occupants in your car that the AC is not reaching them at the back? It's usually the person driving and the front seat passenger that enjoys it most.

All vehicles have a recirculation button with the AC controls in their cars. But many of us are unsure when to use it.

Well, the easy answer is to use it when the weather is hot or summer and turn it off during harmattan or winter.

The recirculation button simply takes the air from inside the car and recirculates it in the cabin instead of pulling fresh air from outside. On days like today when it is miserably hot outside if you do not recirculate the cooler air in the cabin, then your AC system is pulling hot air from outside and trying to cool it. Using the recirculation feature will get your car cooler and will decrease the wear and tear on your AC system.
- Side note, if your car has been baking in the sun, it's better to roll the windows down and turn to recirculate off for the first minute or so to get rid of the super hot air inside the car before turning the recirculate on.

Also, any time you are stuck in traffic ( summer or winter) be sure to use the recirculate. If you are pulling air from outside, then you are pulling in all the pollutants and carbon monoxide from all the traffic. Studies show that recirculating your AC can cut down on the pollutants entering your vehicle by 20% when stuck in traffic!
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid02e8FZ35CHy2X9KReUUWatveXfQtS3dCqCvixdBGv64E3gFKw26zkoepfMDNycGoyJl&id=535967728&mibextid=Nif5oz

38 Likes 6 Shares

Re: How To Use The Recirculate Button In Your Vehicle by Nazgul: 10:59pm On Jun 26, 2023
I know about this feature. And I'll advice you not to use it frequently when you eventually locate it on your car, cos using it for long distances if your car is filled up can result in a decrease in air quality cos the air keeps circulating, none is going outside. I'd still prefer the normal mode where fresh air from outside can enter the cabin.

For me I'd say it's best if maybe you're driving through a smoky environment, or maybe shit people are parking shit and you driving through them and don't want to inhale their shit, you can switch to the recirculation mode so that air from outside doesn't come in, then switch back once you move past them.

91 Likes 10 Shares

Re: How To Use The Recirculate Button In Your Vehicle by Joshkid(m): 11:05pm On Jun 26, 2023
Hmmm…Ogbenutan! undecided

1 Like

Re: How To Use The Recirculate Button In Your Vehicle by Shellsploit: 5:35am On Jun 27, 2023
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Mine shuts down my AC whenever it turned on

2 Likes

Re: How To Use The Recirculate Button In Your Vehicle by pocohantas(f): 8:08am On Jun 27, 2023
Nazgul:
I know about this feature. And I'll advice you not to use it frequently when you eventually locate it on your car, cos using it for long distances if your car is filled up can result in a decrease in air quality cos the air keeps circulating, none is going outside. I'd still prefer the normal mode where fresh air from outside can enter the cabin.

For me I'd say it's best if maybe you're driving through a smoky environment, or maybe shit people are parking shit and you driving through them and don't want to inhale their shit, you can switch to the recirculation mode so that air from outside doesn't come in, then switch back once you move past them.

How is your car's transmission now?
Re: How To Use The Recirculate Button In Your Vehicle by oweniwe(m): 9:29am On Jun 27, 2023
Ishilove:
Thought I should share this, although I don't even know if my vehicle has this button. I'll have to check when it is back from my Kazeem. It is currently being repaired after my folks traveled with it to Delta state and when they returned, the vehicle was singing fyuuuuuuyuh when you start the engine. 😑

Why you no follow them come?

You no get vacation time?

If na I4, it has to sing o, except den drive am jeje. Na v6 you fit drive back and forth without shaking but as fuel price be now, na to carry passenger for road join motor

2 Likes

Re: How To Use The Recirculate Button In Your Vehicle by Ishilove: 1:20pm On Jun 27, 2023
oweniwe:

Why you no follow them come?

You no get vacation time?

If na I4, it has to sing o, except den drive am jeje. Na v6 you fit drive back and forth without shaking but as fuel price be now, na to carry passenger for road join motor
Na v4. Honda Accord
Re: How To Use The Recirculate Button In Your Vehicle by pocohantas(f): 1:27pm On Jun 27, 2023
Ishilove:

Na v4. Honda Accord

I4, Ishi. 99.987% of 4 cylinder cars are straight inline. This includes yours. smiley

6 Likes

Re: How To Use The Recirculate Button In Your Vehicle by Angrygoat: 1:27pm On Jun 27, 2023
I've. Ot used my AC now in 7days and guess what my fans are direct and its manual compressor. Oh bobs my mpg na plus 4...tho my cover has been blown because normally I dont wind down ..but since gas hit 520 to 550..oh bobs e no reach 1 week after jagaban enter,I begin wind down unl3ss rain dey fall or i carry babe.my eyes go dey my fuel guage. I no even send temperature guage again,na fuel gage be my priority now.... Who still dey use AC for this sub removal shit ...unless that person na ritualist or that person na politician................ all the gas stations cheat me. Even if I buy 10 litres, na reserve tank..sotay I dey carry keg fey follow body...make I dey see the fuel dey pour for keg direct
I cant be wasting thousands for air when no be vulcaniser I dey visit.. na air all of them dey blow inside my tank. If I pay for 5 litres for keg. Na 4litres. The ones selling above 500 sef na samething.. buy 5litres for keg ad check if e go full.lai lai. Na 3.9litres/4 litres and guage/meter count for filling station read 5 litres. Fuc k. If you buy above 10 litres. U just dey punish yourself. Out of 30 litres or more.u go buy 5litres. I wish cars fuel tank were transparent

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Use The Recirculate Button In Your Vehicle by sholay4star: 1:38pm On Jun 27, 2023
Following
Re: How To Use The Recirculate Button In Your Vehicle by WEALTHYLADYTIME(f): 1:40pm On Jun 27, 2023
WHERE ARE THE NAIRALAND MECH ENGINEERS.

IT'S ALSO OBVIOUS THAT SOME PERSONS DON'T LIKE THE SUCCESS OF OTHERS.

JESUS IS LORD

WEALTH IS GOOD.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: How To Use The Recirculate Button In Your Vehicle by Khafsun: 1:40pm On Jun 27, 2023
Calling mechanics kazeem is derogatory and reflects your bigotry. Whoever started that nonsense here on nairaland is very silly

7 Likes

Re: How To Use The Recirculate Button In Your Vehicle by Candidlady: 1:40pm On Jun 27, 2023
cool
Re: How To Use The Recirculate Button In Your Vehicle by RECTEM: 1:40pm On Jun 27, 2023
Thanks for sharing

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Use The Recirculate Button In Your Vehicle by Helpfromabove1(m): 1:42pm On Jun 27, 2023
We it reduce the fuel consumption of my 3.3 v6 engine by 50 percent with the 520 per liter

If yes let go there
Re: How To Use The Recirculate Button In Your Vehicle by Nobody: 1:42pm On Jun 27, 2023
Shellsploit:
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Mine shuts down my AC whenever it turned on

Sell the car, buy another AC.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Use The Recirculate Button In Your Vehicle by Nobody: 1:43pm On Jun 27, 2023
Khafsun:
Calling mechanics kazeem is derogatory and reflects your bigotry. Whoever started that nonsense here on nairaland is very silly

But what's actually the idea behind labelling all mechanics "Kazeem"?

Seen that nonsense a couple of times on this nairaland and I never got around to understanding it.

5 Likes

Re: How To Use The Recirculate Button In Your Vehicle by MANNABBQGRILLS: 1:44pm On Jun 27, 2023
The air recirculation button effectively cuts off the outside air to the inside of the car ‘recirculating’ air inside your vehicle.

What the air-recirculation button is used for:

Boosting your AC to help your cabin get as cold as possible as quickly as possible.

Stopping pollution & exhaust fumes ie. in a city center traffic jam, entering your cabin.

Reducing pollen when driving if you suffer from hayfever.

Stopping strong outdoor odours entering your car such as sileage

The benefits of the air-recirculation button
The air-recirculation function ensures your AC works to the optimum level, allowing your vehicle to get as cold as possible as quickly as possible.
It helps stop pollution, smells and pollen from entering your cabin
It helps keep your air-filter cleaner for longer
It reduces strain on your AC system
It helps reduce fuel consumption by assisting the AC system
Some new cars do not have an air-recirculation button.

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How To Use The Recirculate Button In Your Vehicle by WhisperedNoise: 1:44pm On Jun 27, 2023
RingRoadMafia:

Keep shut, you nor geh car.

This same pic was posted by in 2021.
https://www.nairaland.com/6701398/what-function-button-car

If you wan open thread, open thread and go. Don't come and sprinkle it with little lies here and there. Who dash monkey banana?

Seun needs to make birth certificates and IQ test certificates required before users can sign up.

We have too many children and dimwitted folks on this forum already.

Now, to Ringroadgoat,
Where did I Ishiove say that the pic attached is from her car? You think everybody is a teenager who can't afford a car? Don't you know there are many adults on this forum? People who have registered before you hit puberty? Do you think everybody is still writing JAMB exam and flunking? Don't you know there are parents and grandparents on this forum?

Next time, please think well, deep and broad before you open your mouth and make a comment. Also, Kindly make sure the wire connecting your brain and your mouth isn't disconnected.

Kind regards,
Cheers.
WN

13 Likes

Re: How To Use The Recirculate Button In Your Vehicle by Nobody: 1:45pm On Jun 27, 2023
Very important

1 Like

Re: How To Use The Recirculate Button In Your Vehicle by Streetdoctor: 1:46pm On Jun 27, 2023
For area here, men dun pack their cars bcs thanks to Agbado lunatics and vagabond
Helinues take note

6 Likes

Re: How To Use The Recirculate Button In Your Vehicle by RingRoadMafia: 1:46pm On Jun 27, 2023
WhisperedNoise:

Seun needs to make birth certificates and IQ test certificates required before users can sign up.

We have too many children and dimwitted folks on this forum already.

Now, to Ringroadgoat,
Where did I Ishiove say that the pic attached is from her car? You think everybody is a teenager who can't afford a car? Don't you know there are many adults on this forum? People who have registered before you hit puberty? Do you think everybody is still writing JAMB exam and flunking? Don't you know there are parents and grandparents on this forum?

Next time, please think well, deep and broad before you open your mouth and make a comment. Also, Kindly make sure the wire connecting your brain and your mouth isn't disconnected.

Kind regards,
Cheers.
WN

13 Likes

Re: How To Use The Recirculate Button In Your Vehicle by MANNABBQGRILLS: 1:46pm On Jun 27, 2023
Khafsun:

Buddha3:

But what's actually the idea behind labelling all mechanics "Kazeem"?

Seen that nonsense a couple of times on this nairaland and I never got around to understanding it.
Nigerians way of life.......albeit annoying though.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Use The Recirculate Button In Your Vehicle by Wealthoptulent(m): 1:47pm On Jun 27, 2023
E fit recycle Fuel too grin

Ishilove:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid02e8FZ35CHy2X9KReUUWatveXfQtS3dCqCvixdBGv64E3gFKw26zkoepfMDNycGoyJl&id=535967728&mibextid=Nif5oz
I have own cars for straight 8 years now.. after the 3rd year I got to know this "proper" TRICK of Recycling A.C.. i use on Leather interior vehicles [BMW brands only, I have tried Toyota 3 times.. muscle was fairest bt shit tongue] , so stuffy air from leather seats made me inquire more about A.C usage, as hot air fills up car cabin. Usuall kick start the car, Most times I roll down all glass fr 2 mins, roll up & on A.c exit car for 5mins before I return into the car and drive off. Until I came across Chinese lady on IG & it got Solved.

Angrygoat:
Exit car as how. While engine is on or off. Abi shey the car wan catch fire..

I leave engine running, allow it chill... always.
Before parking, I look for shed or trees cheesy

1 Like

Re: How To Use The Recirculate Button In Your Vehicle by theophorus(m): 1:47pm On Jun 27, 2023
Hope say the O2 quality inside the Recirculating Air will not reduce?
Re: How To Use The Recirculate Button In Your Vehicle by Emeka71(m): 1:48pm On Jun 27, 2023
Nice information.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Rate At Which Fuel Burn So Fast Right Now Scares Me / Should I Go For Passat Vw Or Toyota Camry? / Tips On Buying A Used Mercedes Benz Car - The Pros And Cons

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.