Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,077 members, 7,818,225 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:42 AM

How I Was Scammed In A Broad Day Light In Abuja. - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How I Was Scammed In A Broad Day Light In Abuja. (39059 Views)

Man Stabs Lover To Death In Broad Day Light In Ajegunle Lagos / Video Footage Captures Robbers Operating In Broad Day Light In Benin (Video) / 2 UNN Microbiology Students Raped In A Broad Day Light (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Was Scammed In A Broad Day Light In Abuja. by bujebudanu1(m): 1:56pm On Feb 07, 2019
So person still dey fall for scam for this naija with all d public awareness

This guy mumu.no b small.so u follow Dem perform all those tasks, walking upandan and listening to sermon. For this hot Abuja sun
Lol.this man sef

Ones u hear
Dollars ( I have hard currency,let's share it)
Direction ( bros ,pls where is this place)

Ja.if u can't insult them , just walk away.

Reason why I wear earpiece around.even without music

5 Likes

Re: How I Was Scammed In A Broad Day Light In Abuja. by sacx: 1:58pm On Feb 07, 2019
This is the most hilarious scam play I have ever read grin. geek4k are you for real? Well I don't blame you for this. I blame ministers that have twisted the gospel into what it's not. If you had a true understanding of what the gospel of Jesus Christ is, you wouldn't fall victim to fortune tellers and magicians. The difference was clear. You only didn't see it. Get enlightened!
Re: How I Was Scammed In A Broad Day Light In Abuja. by KANUISALIVE: 1:59pm On Feb 07, 2019
If them see red eye them go japa

1 good thing about weeeeeeed
Re: How I Was Scammed In A Broad Day Light In Abuja. by Professorcplus(m): 2:05pm On Feb 07, 2019
laugh won kill me here smiley
Re: How I Was Scammed In A Broad Day Light In Abuja. by Nobody: 2:10pm On Feb 07, 2019
Lass lass na only you wey know you

For me once you bring religion.... You don cast be that

Back in the days in OTU ONICHA and OBOSI(its main bizzness early 2000ns) mehn street boys them hardly fall

One PASTOR saw me back then told me my visa was drowned spiritually that he saw me traveling but something is holding me back.... Chai this man don buy market

Immediately I answered him yes pastor

Pastor: where are you preparing to travel to

me: Malaysia

Pastor: you have to pray there is a woman as we a praying dragging you back and soaking your visa in water spiritually.... And in that spiritual rehm I asked.... The holy spirit said she wants you to remain at the stage you are financially

Me: me I couldn't hold it anymore I bust into laughter

The whole church and my friend that took me there were looking at me like EVIL SPIRIT.... I wasn't preparing of traveling anywhere to even to a neighboring city... I don't even have voters card then talk more of getting visa... Just that I look plump and cute....

Many years later I have to leave nigeria to CIVILIZATION...nothing held my visa it was fast and easy... Down there they don't use brain... The worst they don't wanna change

7 Likes

Re: How I Was Scammed In A Broad Day Light In Abuja. by Nobody: 2:11pm On Feb 07, 2019
OyiboOyibo:

After reading a scam story and you still have the mind to scam others.....You are the devil indeed

Lmao cheesy all this scammer now don’t have joy maybe it is the economy I don’t even understand again

1 Like

Re: How I Was Scammed In A Broad Day Light In Abuja. by OhiOfIhima: 2:12pm On Feb 07, 2019
femi4:
You mean you fell for this old school sh!t......anyway you no get Lagos street background

Not at all.. They no dey fall for dis kind of hag tricks in Lasgidi anymore. The op 4cup d moment he crossed road alongside Mr x and y to gat Mr A phone number.

Next time,mind your business

2 Likes

Re: How I Was Scammed In A Broad Day Light In Abuja. by Powerexpert: 2:13pm On Feb 07, 2019
Oya give us the gist now
Lexusgs430:
This nah very old format.... Happened to me at ojuelegba almost 30 years ago........
Re: How I Was Scammed In A Broad Day Light In Abuja. by luizpippo(m): 2:14pm On Feb 07, 2019
Sometime in 2004, at Oshodi, a man that was wondering around like a confused bear walked up to me and ask for directions to an obscure Hospital at Anthony and I told him I don't know, meanwhile a guy was loitering behind me, sipping satchet water and spitting same out, I briefly turned and saw him before the man asked about directions. Immediately, he came to me and asked what did the man say..
I told him he asked of an address and I couldn't help, I was responding without really facing him, I was just waving my hands while talking. Then he said, ....na one of those men wey come from Senegal wey bring goods for customers and customers don dupe am, TELL AM SAY MAKE HE NO TELL PEOPLE AGAIN SO THAT THEY NO GO COLLECT THE REMAINING MONEY WEY DEY HIM HAND, immediately I turned towards the guy and said... shebi you dey see am, why you no tell am yourself since you know em problem without hearing from him.
I immediately flew into the next bus I saw and scampered to my Alagbole Ojudu

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Was Scammed In A Broad Day Light In Abuja. by iCauseTrouble: 2:14pm On Feb 07, 2019
Lexusgs430:
This nah very old format.... Happened to me at ojuelegba almost 30 years ago........
How old are you now?

8 Likes

Re: How I Was Scammed In A Broad Day Light In Abuja. by Odingo1: 2:15pm On Feb 07, 2019
Na juju dem de use, I once counted 100€ I changed from someone at the airport it is shorting 1000 naira, he collected the money and count it with me and it is complete, only for me to go home and the same money is shorting 14000 naira.
I don't know how they are doing it. I will never do anything with all this money exchangers at Lagos Airport. Nigeria is home of criminals.

4 Likes

Re: How I Was Scammed In A Broad Day Light In Abuja. by donbenie(m): 2:21pm On Feb 07, 2019
Kingpee2:
Mr brown Jay,he wasn’t expecting it coming ,you’d fall for it if you have never been thru it,it is fair enough that he said it out to awaken others about it ,our first problem in Nigeria is religion ,Not God,at least you’re better off sharing it rather than keeping it to yourself ,I wonder how you must have felt the moment you discovered,by the way you didn’t tell us if they drained your account....
With all due respect,there's no way am going to fall for such a cheap scam,by the time the guy starts yapping about village people to me..I would have flagged him as a Con Artist..
In life always have a high sense of skepticism..come too close to me and my sense of suspicion would be on red alert.. shocked

2 Likes

Re: How I Was Scammed In A Broad Day Light In Abuja. by XDaBOSS(m): 2:24pm On Feb 07, 2019
U fall ma hnds sha, big time!!!...U've being in Abuja for a good number of years and have never heard of d hotel name which Mr. A asked u of, only for two strangers to come n give Mr. A d directions...and still ur head no boot small?
Mr. A prophesied to the strangers, come prophesy to u and u xlf still buy am.
Mr. A said u all should submit ur paswrds nd ur valuable stuffs and as u funny reach u even join plus face cap give(Jara)...
Dem say run count 11 electric poles and fetch d sand der....u xlf carry ur two legs de go....?
were for bible dat kind miracle don ever apn? Abi Mr. A want consult god of electricity for u ni?
Guy u funny ooo...and sorry to say, but u'll always b a victim...
I'll b lying if I feel sorry for u...

5 Likes

Re: How I Was Scammed In A Broad Day Light In Abuja. by Enniez2018(m): 2:25pm On Feb 07, 2019
davillian:
My aggressiveness towards strangers is second to none.
I no de even turn back or answer anybody once I'm coming from the ATM or bank.
For this Lagos way we de so my 6th sense is always into play I suspect everything especially at night.
walahi u hit the nail on the skull
Re: How I Was Scammed In A Broad Day Light In Abuja. by onegig(m): 2:26pm On Feb 07, 2019
Africans get rid of those ridiculous ideas of enemies and extreme religiousity. It's deeply nauseating.

That's what makes it easy for all these scam to happen. When all our religion tells us is about fear and enemies the slightest mention of something related triggers our fears and makes you lose commonsense.

Same reason someone would do wrong and once they mention it is the devil we all go all weak and accept such. Same reasons people would tell you to drop your entire salaries to prevent evil and millions of gullible ones would follow.

You were not scammed you let your fears becloud your sense of reasoning. No one has the key to your life so stop believing in all those bullshit stories. The moment you realise such. The better for you.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Was Scammed In A Broad Day Light In Abuja. by Deicide: 2:26pm On Feb 07, 2019
How is this any different from what pastors do in Church embarassed am 100% sure no irreligious person would fall for that scam.

2 Likes

Re: How I Was Scammed In A Broad Day Light In Abuja. by sowilli: 2:26pm On Feb 07, 2019
Kingpee2:
Mr brown Jay,he wasn’t expecting it coming ,you’d fall for it if you have never been thru it,it is fair enough that he said it out to awaken others about it ,our first problem in Nigeria is religion ,Not God,at least you’re better off sharing it rather than keeping it to yourself ,I wonder how you must have felt the moment you discovered,by the way you didn’t tell us if they drained your account....
I do tell people not to entertain strangers on the streets. It’s a dangerous thing to do in Nigeria. You want to ask for direction, enter a store, ask a cab man. Ask the traders. Not me that is walking or passing through the street like you.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Was Scammed In A Broad Day Light In Abuja. by trustworthy1(f): 2:28pm On Feb 07, 2019
faithfull18:
I almost fell for some thing similar in December. They really appealed to the emotional side of me.

He told me he was a foreigner from one African country and he came in with goods to sell but he doesn't understand our currency and the equivalent of the value of the goods in naira.

As someone who doesn't like people being cheated, he begged me to assist with money collection. Initially, when he first approached me , he told me he was looking for an address, which I told him I didn't know. I advised him to call his contact person, he said his phone was dead. I told him to ask others.

I was already going my way, when a man he approached asked me in Yoruba what Mr. A was saying like he didn't understand English. I told him what he told me, only for Mr. B to start encouraging me to help him, that he would assist also.

He kept pushing to follow Mr. A to ask him questions. In my mind, I was already telling myself if it involved going into an enclosed/hidden place, I wouldn't follow them.

I was even joking around with Mr. B not knowing he was a part of the plan. Mr A mentioned his goods were somewhere along Luth road, I knew if anything happened to me on that road, I was on my own. So, I insisted we trekked.

He kept saying he didn't have money in Naira and he didn't know if the bike men would accept dollars.

The fact that I was on my way back home from work and I was tired was my saving grace. It occurred to me and I was thinking how come I was the only one the guy saw to contact for help if he came down all the way from Surulere to Yaba and he couldn't get anybody.

By this time, it was getting dark, I was tired. I just told both of them to get someone else to help that I wasn't willing to help out again.

I move around cashless but this particular day I had cash on me, devices that costs a lot too. That was how I escaped oh. Offering help now can be scary because it's getting difficult differentiating the genuine from fake.
Exactly what happened to me. The only difference was that I was on my way to church and in a haste cos I was already late. It was when I left them that it occurred to me that they are 419ners.
Re: How I Was Scammed In A Broad Day Light In Abuja. by BiafraBushBoy(m): 2:33pm On Feb 07, 2019
faithfull18:

My whatsapp number is on my profile.

Hope your prices are real ooo... Lol...

Make e no be scam
Re: How I Was Scammed In A Broad Day Light In Abuja. by funnynation(m): 2:34pm On Feb 07, 2019
No be new thing for Abuja. Along Bannex, Mabushi and Berger them full there, using same trick of pick stone and count poles
Re: How I Was Scammed In A Broad Day Light In Abuja. by FATBAYO(m): 2:36pm On Feb 07, 2019
Oldest format in Lagos .Imagin a scammer like that said i no dey pack my hair from barbers shop after barbing.wan bami leko ni .i love there tales from diffrent scammed viictims....

1 Like

Re: How I Was Scammed In A Broad Day Light In Abuja. by faithfull18(f): 2:37pm On Feb 07, 2019
BiafraBushBoy:

Hope your prices are real ooo... Lol...
Make e no be scam
Lol, they are real. You can go through my threads for reviews.

2 Likes

Re: How I Was Scammed In A Broad Day Light In Abuja. by CanineOfJackal: 2:37pm On Feb 07, 2019
grin
Re: How I Was Scammed In A Broad Day Light In Abuja. by Youngsage: 2:39pm On Feb 07, 2019
buhahahaha grin grin grin grin grin

This format old na! chaiii
Re: How I Was Scammed In A Broad Day Light In Abuja. by eWyse: 2:42pm On Feb 07, 2019
Lmao! cheesy
Re: How I Was Scammed In A Broad Day Light In Abuja. by MzTunechi(f): 2:45pm On Feb 07, 2019
Lexusgs430:
Lol grin even you grin
Re: How I Was Scammed In A Broad Day Light In Abuja. by Nobody: 2:50pm On Feb 07, 2019
CAPLOCKED see you christain brother grin grin grin.

Been overly religious is close to madness/stupidity I see why people eat grass now bruh you can eat grass also.

Spiritual problem my foot, to think your mom is among the reasons you believe these cheap scam I have to pity you cry

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Was Scammed In A Broad Day Light In Abuja. by MrAnele(m): 2:52pm On Feb 07, 2019
Kingpee2:
Mr... Everybody is not dumb.. Some dudes tried the sane technique with me when i was in SS1... E no work..
Re: How I Was Scammed In A Broad Day Light In Abuja. by e10nzy(m): 2:52pm On Feb 07, 2019
Happened to me years ago when I was still in secondary school SS1, you can imagine..along that mile 2 bridge in Lagos...the idiot said hes from another country he need so so direction, I told him I don't know the place , another passer by came and he told the passer by that he came with some good and he needs direction as I walked away, the passer by followed me and said let's help him he might give us something ...in my mind I was like why was he telling me what he came with and not just the direction he needs..I just ignored them and called away...tell your kids about these formats , they go for kids too. I was on uniform sef

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How I Was Scammed In A Broad Day Light In Abuja. by twinskenny(m): 2:55pm On Feb 07, 2019
Lol nearly Happened to me In the same kubwa some years bavk

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Police Officers Helping Kidnapper Evans Exposed / Gideon Morik's Daughter Killed By Fulani Herdsmen In Kaduna (Graphic Photos) / Commuters Run As Armed Men Rob Motorists On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.