Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,681 members, 7,827,520 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:01 PM

How I Was Scammed In A Broad Day Light In Abuja. - Crime (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How I Was Scammed In A Broad Day Light In Abuja. (39089 Views)

Man Stabs Lover To Death In Broad Day Light In Ajegunle Lagos / Video Footage Captures Robbers Operating In Broad Day Light In Benin (Video) / 2 UNN Microbiology Students Raped In A Broad Day Light (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Was Scammed In A Broad Day Light In Abuja. by Xisnin(m): 5:16pm On Feb 07, 2019
dammy207:

Believe me I always have this opinion too that nobody can duped me not until last year. I was driving a hilux company bus and this guy approached me telling me he works with glo and even showed me his ID card .. He told me he needed to carry some chips that their vehicle broke down. Initially I resisted but he begged me and promised to pay 30k. I was happy, I had to drive him down to Ikeja immediately and when we got there because of hold up he started telling me that I can't move around anyhow that my vehicle is a commercial vehicle because of the red plate number that my vehicle will be impounded because we re at airport road. He said I should borrow him like 20k that he needs to pay some gate fees. Probably he used jazz immediately I dropped the money for him. He went to the bank to pay the money and came back with a receipt . immediately he said we should rush down to the place he carry the goods. When we got there he told me his phone his dead that he used to use my phone to call the person. I don't know why I was so relaxed with him probably he has use jazz to hold me. This guy left with my phone, it was after five minutes that my eyes cleared. That day my loss was almost 80k. I almost cried that even that day I almost got accident while driving home. So the issue is this people use jazz forget that you're smart. The truth is I have never said this thing to anyone close to me because they will laugh at me just because they know me to be very smart and intelligent. The same thing happened to my mum b4, she was duped of 150k. They called her on phone and told her to go and withdraw the money for them. She did it was after she got home that her eyes opened. When she told me and my bro we didn't believe. We asked her to give us the number, it was my brother that called the number first trying to pretend to do business with him. Immediately he called the man he was having serious headache holding his head tightly. I did called home too and was having the same feelings that I couldn't do anything for good 10mins. This is to tell you that all this scammer usually use jazz not that they only sweet talk alone. And believe me my people jazz pass jazz ooo
It is called bait n switch.
It is not jazz, the guy only took advantage of your curiosity.
Re: How I Was Scammed In A Broad Day Light In Abuja. by kponkedenge(m): 5:32pm On Feb 07, 2019
davillian:
My aggressiveness towards strangers is second to none.
I no de even turn back or answer anybody once I'm coming from the ATM or bank.
For this Lagos way we de so my 6th sense is always into play I suspect everything especially at night.

grin grin grin grin
Re: How I Was Scammed In A Broad Day Light In Abuja. by Kingpee2(m): 5:38pm On Feb 07, 2019
sowilli:
I do tell people not to entertain strangers on the streets. It’s a dangerous thing to do in Nigeria. You want to ask for direction, enter a store, ask a cab man. Ask the traders. Not me that is walking or passing through the street like you.
you are right ,just saying we shouldn’t blame him way too much ,he has learnt the hard way ..
Re: How I Was Scammed In A Broad Day Light In Abuja. by NarnieSnyper(m): 5:39pm On Feb 07, 2019
That was how one semi-lunatic walked up to me at Oshodi 'under bridge' telling me he is from Togo and he can't find his way back to Sheraton Hotel where he is staying at the moment, I told him I dont know where it is (I sensed scam even before his stench came close). Another guy walked up to .e and asked what the man wanted, I said he lost his way back to Sheraton hotel, and then he asked me what else , I pointed to the Togo-lunatic and told him this go ask the man himself.

I just quickened my steps and within seconds I was out of sight.

I'm the kind of person who believes everyone is a suspect. I'm kind of hostile towards beggars or people asking for direction in a busy area or market place. My favourite phrase is "I don't know" and I keep walking.

2 Likes

Re: How I Was Scammed In A Broad Day Light In Abuja. by Repentoday: 5:44pm On Feb 07, 2019
Evince:
the major issue here is that religion is a scam and they are using it to scam u guys. una too dey find solution for ur misfortunes, dont u know that misfortune co-exist in this life. Thats how all of u guys will believe that something is up in the sky that u pray to and it answers ur prayer. nigeria should wake up. no god exist anywhere
You better surrender your life to Jesus Christ today before it will be too late for you. Jesus loves you and He is ready to save your life from condemnation, thanks.
Re: How I Was Scammed In A Broad Day Light In Abuja. by CanineOfJackal: 5:46pm On Feb 07, 2019
I remember back then in front of UBA Ogudu road, I just finished with the atm and was accostd by this man who greeted me wit Bonjour, I replied also Bonjour then he told me that he is just coming from Togo that he is lost that he might be scammed because he doesn't know where he was going very well and he is carrying dollars

THE money I heard dollars I just informed the no lol at the bank to arrest this fraudster while I take a cab to the nearby police station to call police. The man was surprised and he tried to talk his way out but people were now gathering and I explained what he said to me,

You need to Lagos Slap on the guy head with a good Ole.
Re: How I Was Scammed In A Broad Day Light In Abuja. by obinoral1179(m): 5:46pm On Feb 07, 2019
geek4k:
Hey guys!

This is quite a long read, yet an insightful piece. I have made it succinct as possible while making sure it engulfs wholly the key points. So make sure to grab a cup of popcorn or a bottle of water as you read through.

It all started on an early-sunny Saturday afternoon while I was walking my way home.

With a slight feeling of ecstasy depicted with a light-warm smile on my face, garnished by the symphonious rhythm of “Doing it wrong” by Drake wink YEH! I just withdrew little cash which I planned to give myself a little treat later that evening.

While I was still deliberating whether to have roasted fish or chicken with a chilled bottle of Origin “Brother please excuse me” so I heard as I turned behind to see who called my attention.

He was a black tall man in his late 30s. Please, I’m looking for so so… hotel, he said. Having been living in Kubwa, Abuja since the past 20years I’ve never heard such name as a hotel before. Sorry, sir I don’t know, maybe you should ask those people over there, I said pointing at a direction of seated people why I made haste to go.

Immediately some 2guys walked past us. He quickly threw the same question at them and one of them pointed at a direction he should follow to get to where he’s going to.

Quick note: It was at this point the play actually began, just to avoid confusion I’d assign quick names to the accomplices. x and y will be the two folks that walked past us while Mr. A will be the man who stopped me.

Mr A then thanked us gratefully for trying to help out. He made a fuss of the moment by saying to the x guy “You plan on travelling, make sure to pray about it”. He immediately turned to the y guy saying “You give your clothes out; your enemies are using it to plan against you”. He then turned to me. he said, “You walk barefooted, it’s too dangerous”. What tha..?!! I think his proverb to me translate how spiritually vulnerable I am. My mom had always said that too.

While we stood there astonished, I went totally numbed given what he just said. He introduced himself as a man of God… , gave me a scripture to read in the Bible (Psalm 23) as he did to x and y. He also said he works with Father Mbaka and that he came down to Abuja for a ministration assigned to him. He thanked us again, turned and crossed the main road and went towards where he was directed to.

Guy do you know this man? The y guy asked me. No, I don’t! he just stopped me as he did to y’al. “How he take know say I dey travel” – asked the x guy with confusion boldly written all over his face. I need to have his number, this man is no ordinary – said the y guy talking to his pal. They walked towards Mr. A. Just out of curiosity, I followed them.

We outwalked Mr. A, met him and politely asked for his number. He refused, saying he only minister to people when directed by his god, he doesn’t give out his personal number. He also said since we’ve made effort to meet him he was going to tell us more about the revelations he had about us.

At that moment in time, the whole experience seemed very light and somewhat significant moment of my life.

Mr. A started by asking our names, which we responded. Summarily, the way he talked, he made us felt comfy, easy to confined in and communicate with.

Mr. A went on preaching to us about forgiveness and helping the less fortunate. He talked about forgiveness for a while and made me promised him to help the less privileged. While all these were happening, we were walking down the road heading to the so-called hotel.

Metaphorically, Mr. A spat fire as he spoke. There was this aura of authority and confidence when he said things.

He further revealed to me that I’d have long been a graduate, that I was supposed to have gained a scholarship to school abroad over 6 years ago. He also said I was born to be a very successful person, well recognized and respected. Hearing that my heart beat in affirmation, I had already seen the writings on the wall. He asked about my current state, I answered with full honesty.

He continued by telling me about a mystery woman who has always been marking my footprint because she had issues with my mom and swore to her grave never to forgive her nor her children. which according to him is the reason I haven’t yet manifested.

He made me recite some prayers after him (actual prayers) to God that I’d forgive if he mentioned the name of the woman while he performed an actual trick on me which I was made to understand it was a miracle. The trick was my saliva appeared at the back of my hand while he made me put it on my palm. Sounds funny? He actually did it, it left me stunned.

He also made me rub the same saliva all over my palm and on my forehead.

Amidst all these, Mr. A seemed to be more interested in me as he always talked about the vision he had about me. “Maybe I’m just the most blessed” - I couldn’t help but had this thinking.

All these experiences took quite some time, because x, y guys and I took turns in his ministration.

At a point, he switched topic and started telling us about the number 666 and how the devil has come to destroy the world. He advised us to change any of our personal stuffs that have to do with number 6, be it our phone PW, debit card PW or anything. He made us wrote down our passwords including debit cards on a sheet of paper.

It was time to reveal the mystery woman to me who has been marking down my footprints, my heart beat skipped in dismay and outright anger filled my head.

We had to take turns in hearing the biggest revelation of our lives because we all had unknown evil persons working their a$se$ out day and night just to make sure we don’t attain any successful endeavor.

Mr. A told the x guy to move ahead of us while counting till the 7th electric pole at the right, he also asked him to drop everything behind not to cause himself any distraction and while he moves he shouldn’t look left, right or back. Lastly, he should pick sand from the 7th pole and wait for us there. The x nigga GAVE ME his phone, wallet and that piece of paper where he had written his passwords and took off without hesitation.

In the meantime, while x guy has gone, Mr. A told us about one Agnes and Mr. James and how Mr. James blinded x guy’s father, still the x guy still takes care of Mr. James children living with him. Mr. A told us to first ask the x guy if he recognizes any of them in his family.

As we approached x guy who by the already completed the mini-quest, Mr. A excused himself as we asked the x guy if he knows any of the names we were told to ask him. x guy confirmed all true and said Mr. James is his uncle while Agnes is his inlaw. He even went ahead and told us about Mr. James children that stay with him. we went ahead telling him how Mr. James blinded his father, this grown nigga almost burst out in tears in our presence, we consoled him.

Who really is this man? – I questioned myself in thought.

It got to my turn, I was given almost same instructions what differs was, I was asked to count up to the 11th pole. That’s was quite a sum sha for a nigga who hasn’t eaten. I gave y guy my stuffs to hold for me, Yeh everything including a face cap I was putting on – Just how I was advised by Mr. A to avoid any form of distractions.

I took off immediately like some space rocket was shoved in my as$. I jogged like I never did before and when I reached the 11th pole there was a mini bar just behind and people where cooling off the sunny afternoon with their chilled green bottle. It occurred to me how to pick up sands there without those people thinking I’m nut. I went to the pole picked the sand without giving a crap what they might think about me.

Moment of Truth

I was breathing like a 120-year-old man who was forced to run a 100-meter race while looking down the road to see if they’re catching up with me. I saw no trace of the 3 of them. Took the pain went back and forth from where I was asked to start counting the poles, baba! They've all disappeared.

I managed to use strangers phone to call my line claiming it fell out of me, it rang for a moment with no answer. It was later switched off
At that point their cunny little actions started adding up and I began to see the bigger picture. Our debit card’s password we wrote down, my two debit cards, my phone, my wallet I left behind. It all made sense. It all seemed I was in a hypnotic state with no way out.

The damage was brutal. I was totally crippled. Who would expect less?

All these happened to me in the blink of an eye, while I was thinking it to be one of the most significant moment of life, Lol it was truly the worst mehn.

Quick hint: always try not to put all your valuables in your wallet or bag, while they’re easy to access, they’re easier to get stolen or lost.

Spoiler Alert!

Obviously the bringing in of x and y guys into the picture was a planned work. That’s how they operate in groups. Just so you won’t see yourself doing weird things alone.

These scallywags usually aim at weekends, when most public offices are closed. just so to carry out their diabolic acts seamlessly. if it was on a working day I would’ve reported to the bank and get my account blocked ASAP.

There bought my attention right at the beginning by saying facts about me, they won’t ask you to follow them but you would most eventually out of curiosity and to get more insight.

They mostly aim at people coming out of an atm. Because of course you can’t just go an atm to stare at the machines. You just accessed your bank account that’s makes you a potential client.

The way he spoke in a calm tone, with confidence and authority, will make you to be able to confined in them. All these are just to buy your trust so when they ask you to do certain stuff you most likely won’t hesitate.

They’ll most likely perform a trick on you just as they did to me with my saliva. They do this just to make you see them as a somewhat anointed or superior person.

Be extremely careful when you talk to strangers in general.

Lastly, if any stranger asks you to count – READ MY LIPS – E-L-E-C-T-R-I-C P-O-L-E… Baba!! Run for your life oo, or better still scream so loud to draw attention and make the person explain himself. There’s no doubt he’s a scammer.
What isn’t clear to me was whether I was jazzed or not. If I wasn’t, what describes the unorthodox act of rubbing my saliva all over my hands and forehead?

I hope you read, learn and share my experience, you might just be saving someone’s fortune.

Stay blessed!
we sabi them for Lagos here....... They will inform you they are going to badagry from IKEJA
Re: How I Was Scammed In A Broad Day Light In Abuja. by wisdomkid: 5:51pm On Feb 07, 2019
See how most people are insulting this guy, claiming wise... While in reality, they've been fooled without even knowing it.
To OP, sorry about that..
AND your level of English Control, perfectly combining words made me read your story..

Studied English? You do have a wonderful Flair for writing.

6 Likes

Re: How I Was Scammed In A Broad Day Light In Abuja. by Powerexpert: 5:51pm On Feb 07, 2019
grin grin
Lexusgs430:

The gist long, remain small then for turn me to pidgeon.... wink
Re: How I Was Scammed In A Broad Day Light In Abuja. by Leetunechi: 6:06pm On Feb 07, 2019
Corrinthians:
This worked on me sometime in '97. grin grin grin

Dude collected my money, asked me to drop my gallon with him and walk three blocks to where he claims is his house with a kerosene tank. I was headed for a filling station when he stopped me on the way with a promise to give me the quantity at half the price.

Based on say guy man like me wanna make a quick buck, I succumbed.

When I got back to the spot when I left him and the gallon, dude was nowhere to be found! grin

That was the first and last time anyone played on me and succeeded.

Are you serious. Exact same thing happened to me in benin years back, and see me see filling station o lol the guy just collect my gallon and asked me to wait, came back again and said I should just give him the money 1000 so he will bring the change when coming lol I waited till start searching for him. If not I saw money on the ground day before then my uncle would have finished me. It was after weeks I was returning from school I saw my gallon inside banana farm lol. This happened years back

1 Like

Re: How I Was Scammed In A Broad Day Light In Abuja. by Timoleon(m): 6:17pm On Feb 07, 2019
WeighWordSon:

eehhn... Don't tell me you laid him off just like dat?... Walahi, if I were you ehn, the way i will hold on to him and rip him off ehn... Shoooo

I tire o...the thief still slap am join e no hold him cloth there dey shout thief thief make people gather.

1 Like

Re: How I Was Scammed In A Broad Day Light In Abuja. by thedondada(m): 6:18pm On Feb 07, 2019
Lexusgs430:
This nah very old format.... Happened to me at ojuelegba almost 30 years ago........

I experienced this mid 90s.

Already know of the scam so I didnt fall for it.

Anyone asking for help with advice + spirituality is a scam.
Re: How I Was Scammed In A Broad Day Light In Abuja. by qanda: 6:29pm On Feb 07, 2019
You have my respect. Thank you for sharing this with us. Many people here have experienced something similar at one time or the other. For those who say it cannot happen to them, don't be too sure. My prayer is that no one should fall in the hands of these criminals. They deploy many psychological methods.

One way to identify them is role play... one or two people joining the main character....
Re: How I Was Scammed In A Broad Day Light In Abuja. by jozz(m): 6:44pm On Feb 07, 2019
frenzyduchess:
The average Nigerian is a miracle seeker. the most successful con in Nigeria is done through religion. Just mention God and the average Nigerian drops his guard.It must have been the easiest target for those con men. They are mentalist who know how to drive their marked to the direction they want.

Miracle churches are filled to the brim every Sunday that you would think thats the only place of worship.People would rather fast and pray than actually work. Mr Op ,you were gullible and fell for a religious con ,but dont be dismayed, there are people who dont even know they are still being conned till now, they have and are still being milked by their con men of god.

But then again,why would a man of God ask for your pin? Thats one sensible question even your hypnotized self(even tho there is nothing like hypnosis here,you were just gullible and malleable) should have asked.

You just hit the nail on the head. Miracle seeking churches have turned Nigerians into Zombies. Antone who has the guts to establish a church will make it. Hearing any miracle lines instinctively puts me off but people like me are a rare breed now.
Re: How I Was Scammed In A Broad Day Light In Abuja. by femi4: 6:52pm On Feb 07, 2019
PremiumLeaks:

You guys keep hyping this Lagos street background nonsense and more people are scammed in Lagos than anywhere else in this country!! Shey they have Madagascar background no? Abegi!! We Nigerians always hype ourselves as some very smart fellas and some Russian was able to scam us finish in the name of MMM!

See I have come to realise that one should just pray not to fall for such evil such evil schemes because if boys set format for you ehn...hmm...I know tales where folks experienced such and you can't even wrap your head around how they pull it off!!

God bless you geek4k for the courage to share so that others will learn, I guess if you were told you will fall for something like this, you might have said NEVER!!
Speak for yourself, I m not greedy, I don't take stupid risk. Never been involved in betting, MMM, wonder banks etc.

My conversation with a stranger is max 10 secs with mono syllable answer

That trick was used about 30yrs ago in lasgidi....if you are not streetwise don't envy those that are.

You don't expect everybody to fall for "pole counting", "money washing chemical" or "fufu phone" trick in this era

1 Like

Re: How I Was Scammed In A Broad Day Light In Abuja. by WeighWordSon(m): 6:55pm On Feb 07, 2019
Timoleon:

I tire o...the thief still slap am join e no hold him cloth there dey shout thief thief make people gather.

ah swear... Omo, nah dat day I go return the slap raise to power 10...
The dude fall hands ja're
Re: How I Was Scammed In A Broad Day Light In Abuja. by femi4: 7:16pm On Feb 07, 2019
davillian:
My aggressiveness towards strangers is second to none.
I no de even turn back or answer anybody once I'm coming from the ATM or bank.
For this Lagos way we de so my 6th sense is always into play I suspect everything especially at night.
God bless you....but if you tell them, they ll tell you that pray you don't meet them....bla bla they use jazz
Re: How I Was Scammed In A Broad Day Light In Abuja. by Evince(m): 7:22pm On Feb 07, 2019
Repentoday:
You better surrender your life to Jesus Christ today before it will be too late for you. Jesus loves you and He is ready to save your life from condemnation, thanks.
you don meet am b4. Story that was told to series of being down to ur generation that doesn't exist. All the bible story is concocted lies. If ur god exist with all the prayers, why hasn't it worked in naija. U that surrendered ur life "how are u better than what nature and time gives u"
Re: How I Was Scammed In A Broad Day Light In Abuja. by davillian(m): 7:32pm On Feb 07, 2019
femi4:
God bless you....but if you tell them, they ll tell you that pray you don't meet them....bla bla they use jazz
Prayer will tell you not to bring out your phones at night on lonely path
Abi prayer will tell you to watch your back at night and cross to the other side if you suspect someone is following you.
Or Na prayer go tell you not to count huge amount of money on the road.
Re: How I Was Scammed In A Broad Day Light In Abuja. by Jhoanner(f): 7:47pm On Feb 07, 2019
They preyed on your fears and insecurities. Pele
Re: How I Was Scammed In A Broad Day Light In Abuja. by CAPSLOCKED: 8:05pm On Feb 07, 2019
hahn:
Lol.

They simply upgraded the old sailor job.

Oh and this proves how religion makes us dumb. All they needed was a "vision from god" and your mumu was activated.

Op you are hereby MUGU APPROVED

LOL ONE ALMOST DUPED MY SISTER LAST WEEK.
SHE CALLED TO TELL ME ALL THE NONSENSE VISIONS AND PROPHESIES, AND A LOT OF INSIDE THINGS ABOUT ME AND THE FAMILY.
I ALMOST BELIEVED IT WHEN SHE GAVE ME HER WORD THAT SHE HADN'T REVEALED THINGS TO HIM HE KNEW THEM MAGICALLY ONCE HE SAW HER. BECAUSE I TRUSTED HER TO AN EXTENT... I ALMOST BELIEVED HER. I ALMOST. BUT I DON'T LOSE GUARD EASILY BECAUSE OF THE EXCESS WISDOM IN MY BODY SYSTEM cheesy SO I TRIED TO DISCOURAGE HER FROM SEEING THIS THIEF FURTHER, BUT SHE ACCUSED ME OF BEING A REBEL AND ALL THAT, I SAID OKAY.. I'LL BE HERE TO JEER AT YOU WHEN HE SHOVELS ALL YOUR MONEY.

AFTER PAYING FOR CANDLES (5K TO TEST IF HER MUMU BOTTON WORKS PROPERLY) THE CRIMINAL DEMANDED 30K SO THAT HE CAN COMMUNICATE WITH THE ANGELS. grin
THAT WAS WHEN SIS REMEMBERED WHAT I TOLD HER AND CALLED ME TO CONFESS SHE ANSWERED SOME QUESTIONS BEFORE THE REVELATION. HAHA.. I WONDER WHY THEY ALWAYS NEED YOUR MONEY TO SAY SPECIAL PRAYERS FOR YOU. I WONDER WHY PEOPLE BELIEVE THEY NEED TO GO TO OTHER PEOPLE (MEN OF GOD) TO TALK TO GOD FOR THEM.

THE BEST WAY TO MAKE AWAY WITH PEOPLE'S MONEY IS TO DO IT WITH THE NAME OF GOD. THAT'S WHY PASTORS AND POLITICIANS ARE USUALLY SUCCESSFUL WITH THEIR TRICKS.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Was Scammed In A Broad Day Light In Abuja. by BUXOMEBONY(f): 8:06pm On Feb 07, 2019
Old format, I was a victim in 1996,when we newly parked to Ikotun Egbe,won't ever forget.
Re: How I Was Scammed In A Broad Day Light In Abuja. by Yudee8(m): 8:21pm On Feb 07, 2019
you are busy searching for the woman that is preventing your success abi cheesy cheesy
Re: How I Was Scammed In A Broad Day Light In Abuja. by PaulAris: 8:50pm On Feb 07, 2019
Preetti:
And you had to quote everything to type this
Me sef reason ahm.. I tire for the guy, lol
Re: How I Was Scammed In A Broad Day Light In Abuja. by PaulAris: 8:50pm On Feb 07, 2019
Evince:
the major issue here is that religion is a scam and they are using it to scam u guys. una too dey find solution for ur misfortunes, dont u know that misfortune co-exist in this life. Thats how all of u guys will believe that something is up in the sky that u pray to and it answers ur prayer. nigeria should wake up. no god exist anywhere
Hmm...
Re: How I Was Scammed In A Broad Day Light In Abuja. by Nobody: 9:06pm On Feb 07, 2019
Na wah oo Op try to be at alert next time
Re: How I Was Scammed In A Broad Day Light In Abuja. by Internet247(m): 11:53pm On Feb 07, 2019
This trick just got to abuja , they played it on a friend of mine ,late last year, they got her phone and atm card !
Re: How I Was Scammed In A Broad Day Light In Abuja. by TEYA: 12:09am On Feb 08, 2019
elfico:
I don't think you were hypnotised. You were just (with all due respect) gullible. They tried it with me many times. Once someone asks for a direction and someone else comes to you both curious about what the person is asking about, that's a big red flag. If someone ask for direction, point them to the direction and leave immediately.
Toh, me I no know for some people o. I DON'T ever hesitate to help a stranger with directions, never! One thing I always do is whenever i meet a stranger, either on phone or the street, I immediately regard them as suspects. Inspite of that though, i try to help them. If na 419 i spot it immediately. I have met them many times, they have called me many times. Na correct omo naija i be, i swear nobody fit scam me. They say some of them use jazz, me i no believe am o. But if it is true then only a super human force can get me but by sweet mouth and scope, wallahi dem no born pesin. My wife bin wan fall maga for one 419 one day for phone, by hearing the conversation alone, i told her "will you drop that silly call"? grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: How I Was Scammed In A Broad Day Light In Abuja. by Priceless200(f): 1:11am On Feb 08, 2019
geek4k:
Hey guys!

This is quite a long read, yet an insightful piece. I have made it succinct as possible while making sure it engulfs wholly the key points. So make sure to grab a cup of popcorn or a bottle of water as you read through.

It all started on an early-sunny Saturday afternoon while I was walking my way home.

With a slight feeling of ecstasy depicted with a light-warm smile on my face, garnished by the symphonious rhythm of “Doing it wrong” by Drake wink YEH! I just withdrew little cash which I planned to give myself a little treat later that evening.

While I was still deliberating whether to have roasted fish or chicken with a chilled bottle of Origin “Brother please excuse me” so I heard as I turned behind to see who called my attention.

He was a black tall man in his late 30s. Please, I’m looking for so so… hotel, he said. Having been living in Kubwa, Abuja since the past 20years I’ve never heard such name as a hotel before. Sorry, sir I don’t know, maybe you should ask those people over there, I said pointing at a direction of seated people why I made haste to go.

Immediately some 2guys walked past us. He quickly threw the same question at them and one of them pointed at a direction he should follow to get to where he’s going to.

Quick note: It was at this point the play actually began, just to avoid confusion I’d assign quick names to the accomplices. x and y will be the two folks that walked past us while Mr. A will be the man who stopped me.

Mr A then thanked us gratefully for trying to help out. He made a fuss of the moment by saying to the x guy “You plan on travelling, make sure to pray about it”. He immediately turned to the y guy saying “You give your clothes out; your enemies are using it to plan against you”. He then turned to me. he said, “You walk barefooted, it’s too dangerous”. What tha..?!! I think his proverb to me translate how spiritually vulnerable I am. My mom had always said that too.

While we stood there astonished, I went totally numbed given what he just said. He introduced himself as a man of God… , gave me a scripture to read in the Bible (Psalm 23) as he did to x and y. He also said he works with Father Mbaka and that he came down to Abuja for a ministration assigned to him. He thanked us again, turned and crossed the main road and went towards where he was directed to.

Guy do you know this man? The y guy asked me. No, I don’t! he just stopped me as he did to y’al. “How he take know say I dey travel” – asked the x guy with confusion boldly written all over his face. I need to have his number, this man is no ordinary – said the y guy talking to his pal. They walked towards Mr. A. Just out of curiosity, I followed them.

We outwalked Mr. A, met him and politely asked for his number. He refused, saying he only minister to people when directed by his god, he doesn’t give out his personal number. He also said since we’ve made effort to meet him he was going to tell us more about the revelations he had about us.

At that moment in time, the whole experience seemed very light and somewhat significant moment of my life.

Mr. A started by asking our names, which we responded. Summarily, the way he talked, he made us felt comfy, easy to confined in and communicate with.

Mr. A went on preaching to us about forgiveness and helping the less fortunate. He talked about forgiveness for a while and made me promised him to help the less privileged. While all these were happening, we were walking down the road heading to the so-called hotel.

Metaphorically, Mr. A spat fire as he spoke. There was this aura of authority and confidence when he said things.

He further revealed to me that I’d have long been a graduate, that I was supposed to have gained a scholarship to school abroad over 6 years ago. He also said I was born to be a very successful person, well recognized and respected. Hearing that my heart beat in affirmation, I had already seen the writings on the wall. He asked about my current state, I answered with full honesty.

He continued by telling me about a mystery woman who has always been marking my footprint because she had issues with my mom and swore to her grave never to forgive her nor her children. which according to him is the reason I haven’t yet manifested.

He made me recite some prayers after him (actual prayers) to God that I’d forgive if he mentioned the name of the woman while he performed an actual trick on me which I was made to understand it was a miracle. The trick was my saliva appeared at the back of my hand while he made me put it on my palm. Sounds funny? He actually did it, it left me stunned.

Amidst all these, Mr. A seemed to be more interested in me as he always talked about the vision he had about me. “Maybe I’m just the most blessed” - I couldn’t help but had this thinking.

All these experiences took quite some time, because x, y guys and I took turns in his ministration.

At a point, he switched topic and started telling us about the number 666 and how the devil has come to destroy the world. He advised us to change any of our personal stuffs that have to do with number 6, be it our phone PW, debit card PW or anything. He made us wrote down our passwords including debit cards on a sheet of paper.

It was time to reveal the mystery woman to me who has been marking down my footprints, my heart beat skipped in dismay and outright anger filled my head.

We had to take turns in hearing the biggest revelation of our lives because we all had unknown evil persons working their a$se$ out day and night just to make sure we don’t attain any successful endeavor.

Mr. A told the x guy to move ahead of us while counting till the 7th electric pole at the right, he also asked him to drop everything behind not to cause himself any distraction and while he moves he shouldn’t look left, right or back. Lastly, he should pick sand from the 7th pole and wait for us there. The x nigga GAVE ME his phone, wallet and that piece of ml

Lastly, if any stranger asks you to count – READ MY LIPS – E-L-E-C-T-R-I-C P-O-L-E…

Stay blessed!

Exact this was used on my sister in Dutse Alhaji Abuja like two months back. She Wan craze.
Re: How I Was Scammed In A Broad Day Light In Abuja. by topeorekoy(m): 4:34am On Feb 08, 2019
This shit almost happened to me in Oshodi so many years ago.

I was coming back from secondary school and guy accosted and brought out a raffle n told me to scratch, after scratching he jumped up and told me I won a standing fan. Deep in my mind, just like that. I told him that I have one already and that he should take it, I dash him. I walked away, a woman just walked to me and told me I was lucky that he would give me the fan and before I take 5 steps, I would be stopped by plained cloth guys acting as police requesting for the receipt.

I have never heard about that scam before, it was just God
Re: How I Was Scammed In A Broad Day Light In Abuja. by dochenaj: 5:02am On Feb 08, 2019
geek4k:
Hey guys!

Mr. A told the x guy to move ahead of us while counting till the 7th electric pole at the right, he also asked him to drop everything behind not to cause himself any distraction and while he moves he shouldn’t look left, right or back. Lastly, he should pick sand from the 7th pole and wait for us there. The x nigga GAVE ME his phone, wallet and that piece of paper where he had written his passwords and took off without hesitation.

In the meantime, while x guy has gone, Mr. A told us about one Agnes and Mr. James and how Mr. James blinded x guy’s father, still the x guy still takes care of Mr. James children living with him. Mr. A told us to first ask the x guy if he recognizes any of them in his family.

As we approached x guy who by the already completed the mini-quest, Mr. A excused himself as we asked the x guy if he knows any of the names we were told to ask him. x guy confirmed all true and said Mr. James is his uncle while Agnes is his inlaw. He even went ahead and told us about Mr. James children that stay with him. we went ahead telling him how Mr. James blinded his father, this grown nigga almost burst out in tears in our presence, we consoled him.

Who really is this man? – I questioned myself in thought.

It got to my turn, I was given almost same instructions what differs was, I was asked to count up to the 11th pole. That’s was quite a sum sha for a nigga who hasn’t eaten. I gave y guy my stuffs to hold for me, Yeh everything including a face cap I was putting on – Just how I was advised by Mr. A to avoid any form of distractions.

I took off immediately like some space rocket was shoved in my as$. I jogged like I never did before and when I reached the 11th pole there was a mini bar just behind and people where cooling off the sunny afternoon with their chilled green bottle. It occurred to me how to pick up sands there without those people thinking I’m nut. I went to the pole picked the sand without giving a crap what they might think about me.

Moment of Truth

I was breathing like a 120-year-old man who was forced to run a 100-meter race while looking down the road to see if they’re catching up with me. I saw no trace of the 3 of them. Took the pain went back and forth from where I was asked to start counting the poles, baba! They've all disappeared.

I managed to use strangers phone to call my line claiming it fell out of me, it rang for a moment with no answer. It was later switched off
At that point their cunny little actions started adding up and I began to see the bigger picture. Our debit card’s password we wrote down, my two debit cards, my phone, my wallet I left behind. It all made sense. It all seemed I was in a hypnotic state with no way out.

The damage was brutal. I was totally crippled. Who would expect less?

All these happened to me in the blink of an eye, while I was thinking it to be one of the most significant moment of life, Lol it was truly the worst mehn.

Quick hint: always try not to put all your valuables in your wallet or bag, while they’re easy to access, they’re easier to get stolen or lost.

Spoiler Alert!

Obviously the bringing in of x and y guys into the picture was a planned work. That’s how they operate in groups. Just so you won’t see yourself doing weird things alone.

These scallywags usually aim at weekends, when most public offices are closed. just so to carry out their diabolic acts seamlessly. if it was on a working day I would’ve reported to the bank and get my account blocked ASAP.

There bought my attention right at the beginning by saying facts about me, they won’t ask you to follow them but you would most eventually out of curiosity and to get more insight.

They mostly aim at people coming out of an atm. Because of course you can’t just go an atm to stare at the machines. You just accessed your bank account that’s makes you a potential client.

The way he spoke in a calm tone, with confidence and authority, will make you to be able to confined in them. All these are just to buy your trust so when they ask you to do certain stuff you most likely won’t hesitate.

They’ll most likely perform a trick on you just as they did to me with my saliva. They do this just to make you see them as a somewhat anointed or superior person.

Be extremely careful when you talk to strangers in general.

Lastly, if any stranger asks you to count – READ MY LIPS – E-L-E-C-T-R-I-C P-O-L-E… Baba!! Run for your life oo, or better still scream so loud to draw attention and make the person explain himself. There’s no doubt he’s a scammer.
What isn’t clear to me was whether I was jazzed or not. If I wasn’t, what describes the unorthodox act of rubbing my saliva all over my hands and forehead?

I hope you read, learn and share my experience, you might just be saving someone’s fortune.

Stay blessed!
You can only be scammed if you are naive, dishonest or desperate.

In your case you were naive, they adjudged you were a Christian hence played the spiritual card on you. If you were Muslim or belonged to some Christian groups that don't believe in all that, that card would have failed woefully on you. Your spiritual naivety worked to get the hypnosis to take effect.

Sure there was some hypnosis involved. But it can only work when you show interest in what they are selling. It is like a mind trap.

But your scam experience is textbook scam, and by sharing it, you would have educated someone on here so they would not fall victim.

1 Like

Re: How I Was Scammed In A Broad Day Light In Abuja. by dochenaj: 5:06am On Feb 08, 2019
TEYA:

Toh, me I no know for some people o. I DON'T ever hesitate to help a stranger with directions, never! One thing I always do is whenever i meet a stranger, either on phone or the street, I immediately regard them as suspects. Inspite of that though, i try to help them. If na 419 i spot it immediately. I have met them many times, they have called me many times. Na correct omo naija i be, i swear nobody fit scam me. They say some of them use jazz, me i no believe am o. But if it is true then only a super human force can get me but by sweet mouth and scope, wallahi dem no born pesin. My wife bin wan fall maga for one 419 one day for phone, by hearing the conversation alone, i told her "will you drop that silly call"? grin grin grin
As I read your comment, I knew you were a cynic. Always querying everything and anything.

It is not possible to hypnotize cynics, it is almost impossible. Cos it requires some modicum of faith in what is being sold to you, for your mind to be hacked.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Man Kills Brother’s Wife In Anambra Over Property Ownership Tussle / Son Cuts Off Mother’s Hands With Machete In Ogun / Man Found Dead In His Jeep In Ibadan, Oyo State (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 158
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.