Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,036 members, 7,818,060 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:22 AM

My State Of Origin - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My State Of Origin (2592 Views)

IBD Dende Biography: Wikipedia, Age, Profile, Family, Net Worth, State Of Origin / Herbert Wigwe Son Biography: Age, Family, Wife, State Of Origin. / How To Get LGA / State Of Origin Certificate For International Passport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My State Of Origin by okeniti: 1:57pm On Feb 07, 2019
Good Afternoon Nairalanders,

I am having trouble with state of origin. My parents are from different states in different zones in the country. Which state of origin do I go by? I know of the Local Government Areas, can I go to my fathers LGA office to confirm that said state is my state of origin?
Re: My State Of Origin by jaybest90(m): 2:45pm On Feb 07, 2019
My guy go to your father local government area secretariat and get the certificate, no one claims mother's origin here in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: My State Of Origin by bemyguest(f): 2:46pm On Feb 07, 2019
Go to your fathers LGA to get your state of origin
Re: My State Of Origin by okeniti: 3:26pm On Feb 07, 2019
Thanks. How long does it take to get the certificate and do you know how much it costs?

jaybest90:
My guy go to your father local government area secretariat and get the certificate, no one claims mother's origin here in Nigeria
Re: My State Of Origin by duduade: 7:35am On Feb 08, 2019
All depends on which local government has more to provide.. I have seen people adopt their mothers own because of the benefits they stand to benefit

1 Like

Re: My State Of Origin by Ganjafama(m): 7:44am On Feb 08, 2019
You can get both if you want, but I'll advice that you get that of your father's.
Re: My State Of Origin by Ganjafama(m): 7:49am On Feb 08, 2019
okeniti:
Thanks. How long does it take to get the certificate and do you know how much it costs?

You will be asked to pay an amount not more than 5k. Though be prepared to answer some questions .
Re: My State Of Origin by sisisioge: 7:57am On Feb 08, 2019
If you are in Lagos. Just find the liaison office of your state and hold about 5k( I think I paid like 3k for Ogun state). Ikeja GRA is home to many of them. It will take you less than 1hr to get it done.

And if you speak oyinbo like the oyinbos, better get a naija speaker of English to go with you before the thing increases to 50k grin

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: My State Of Origin by Katier00(f): 2:02pm On Feb 08, 2019
Are your parents separated
Re: My State Of Origin by Mizwisdom(f): 8:46pm On Feb 08, 2019
jaybest90:

Is there any law against it?
Re: My State Of Origin by pocohantas(f): 9:39pm On Feb 08, 2019
sisisioge:
If you are in Lagos. Just find the liaison office of your state and hold about 5k( I think I paid like 3k for Ogun state). Ikeja GRA is home to many of them. It will take you less than 1hr to get it done.

And if you speak oyinbo like the oyinbos, better get a naija speaker of English to go with you before the thing increases to 50k grin

With how you speak, how did yours cost 3k? If you can be billed 3k, I believe OP will do fine.
grin grin
Re: My State Of Origin by sisisioge: 10:17pm On Feb 08, 2019
pocohantas:

With how you speak, how did yours cost 3k? If you can be billed 3k, I believe OP will do fine.
grin grin

grin grin grin grin

For where! I spoke my native tongue sef when they wanted to get things twisted. Ajebos are their mugus fa grin
Re: My State Of Origin by WhizdomXX(m): 8:35pm On Jan 07
Ganjafama:
You can get both if you want, but I'll advice that you get that of your father's.
How please? Happy New Year.
Re: My State Of Origin by WhizdomXX(m): 8:36pm On Jan 07
duduade:
All depends on which local government has more to provide.. I have seen people adopt their mothers own because of the benefits they stand to benefit

Good evening. Please do you know how one can get his LGA of origin from his mom's lga?

(1) (Reply)

Why Do Men Appear With All Sort Of Colours On Their Wedding Days / All I Need Is Food / Why Do Parents Choose Courses For Their Children?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.