Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,651 members, 7,816,667 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:49 PM

Traditional Marriage Requirements And Bride Price List Of Jukun People - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Traditional Marriage Requirements And Bride Price List Of Jukun People (3725 Views)

See The Groom's And Bride's Mothers' Outfits /Dance That Got People Talking / An Igbo Marriage And Bride Price List Worth ₦1.187.000 (Photo) / Marriage Price List In Benue State - Igbo Lady Shares Brother's Marriage List (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Traditional Marriage Requirements And Bride Price List Of Jukun People by kamogo: 1:52pm On Feb 08, 2019
Like every other Nigerian marriages; the Jukun traditional marriage is meant to promote African culture and its beauty. Traditional marriage requirements and bride price list of the jukun people is fill with glamour and richly embedded in our culture. Jukun are the direct descendant of the people of ancient Kwararafa Kingdom. Before the coming of Christianity and Islam, the Jukun’s are predominantly traditional worshipers.

The present day Jukun people are found at the bank of River Benue and Niger, which runs through Taraba, Benue and Nasarawa state; who are fishermen while those in the hinter land in Plateau, Adamawa, Gombe and Northwestern part of Cameroon are fabric makers (tie and dye clothing)

When Marring a Jukun Lady

Marring a Jukun lady or girl is presume/perceived to be the cheapest in Taraba state and northwestern Cameroon. This has made many Jukun men come back home to pick a wife in order to retain the rich cultural heritage of the Jukun people. However, that does not mean an inter-religious or cross-cultural marriage is not encouraged.

READ HERE

Weddingtin your home of African traditional wedding
Re: Traditional Marriage Requirements And Bride Price List Of Jukun People by phelonrays: 2:20pm On Feb 08, 2019
wow... omo dis one cheap oooo

u fit marry five wives wit 10,000 gringringrin
Re: Traditional Marriage Requirements And Bride Price List Of Jukun People by kamogo: 6:44pm On Feb 08, 2019
phelonrays:
wow... omo dis one cheap oooo

u fit marry five wives wit 10,000 gringringrin

U r right bro.....as I see am I shock

(1) (Reply)

Not Ambitious, Wants Bride Price Paid Before I Travel; Am I Selfish To End It ? / Married Men And Women. My Experience In Akwa Ibom State During NYSC / What Do You Call This In Your Dialect?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.