Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,992 members, 7,821,461 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:18 PM

Married Men And Women. My Experience In Akwa Ibom State During NYSC - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Married Men And Women. My Experience In Akwa Ibom State During NYSC (3743 Views)

Couple Who Met During NYSC Celebrate 22nd Wedding Anniversary (Photos) / The Marriage List Given To A Man In Akwa Ibom State / Why Married Men Prefer Us To Their Wives - Commercial Sex Workers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Married Men And Women. My Experience In Akwa Ibom State During NYSC by EricSmallz(m): 11:09am On Sep 26, 2021
Straight to the Gist.
I did my NYSC scheme in Akwa Ibom state and Prior to that time, I have lived almost all my life in my state. I have never stayed in another state for more than 3 days or so.
Getting to Akwa Ibom State,first the orientation camp, it didn't make much difference to me save for the fact that I hate Camp Life. As a guy who just left Law School, after all the hectic night readings, Soldiers would wake me very early in the morning and all that, it was like Prison to me.
We were camped with Rivers State Copers for reasons best known to them, so the camp was a bit full and one of the Rivers Copers who I later realized was a single mom gave me some beautiful memories in the camp. (Like Albert Einstein, her head is the greatest). The only moment I enjoyed in camp was moment with my friend from Rivers State. She is from that state and was posted there too. I don't know how.
Fast Forward to the passing out day, I was happier than a Condemned Cell inmate that was granted presidential pardon. I went to my first PPA and they accepted me in Uyo, only for the Zonal Head or whatever to call my line and tell me that he had changed my PPA to a military base. He said the base is better than the other place because they will take very good care of me. This he did because the base needed a lawyer and he is a Yoruba man and my Surname is Yoruba, so he was just trying to help a brother. Then, I got to my new PPA a few days after. It was a world completely different from what I was used to.

1 Like

Re: Married Men And Women. My Experience In Akwa Ibom State During NYSC by EricSmallz(m): 11:21am On Sep 26, 2021
I mean no disrespect to AkwaIbomites at all. But this is a true life story.
The Military base, a Naval Base precisely is located in a somewhat village in a local Government known as Ikot-Abasi literally know as God's Land. As expected, my PPA rented a room in a story building and I met some few Naval Personnel who had rooms in the building too.
While I was anticipating how living in a village where I knew nobody and nothingfor a whole year would look like, I quickly noticed something that I couldn't over look.
There was this Navy man that live in a room close to mine, young girls of Primary and Secondary ages usually trolls in and out of his room, sometimes, 3 in number at the same time. As time passes by, I got closer to the people around and I realized that the Navy was sleeping with all the girls. Like, 3 little girls will sleep in his room a night and he was having his turn. The next morning, he will buy raw food and these girls will cook, gisting and laughing. I got used to this quickly as I later discovered That all the Navy guys in the house were doing same, though codely unlike the other guy. Some of these girls barely had breast. Their parents knew all these bullshit was happening, and they will even come to settle quarrels between these men and their underage kids.
This is not even the main gist. It is what I saw with married Men and Women that tore my jaw to two ugly parts.

4 Likes

Re: Married Men And Women. My Experience In Akwa Ibom State During NYSC by money121(m): 11:21am On Sep 26, 2021
Ok
Re: Married Men And Women. My Experience In Akwa Ibom State During NYSC by Botking: 11:22am On Sep 26, 2021
What does this supposed to mean
Re: Married Men And Women. My Experience In Akwa Ibom State During NYSC by money121(m): 11:25am On Sep 26, 2021
Botking:
What does this supposed to mean
Aproko grin grin

1 Like

Re: Married Men And Women. My Experience In Akwa Ibom State During NYSC by EricSmallz(m): 11:33am On Sep 26, 2021
Somehow, through an older corps member, I made a female friend in the next street and anytime I go visiting her, her neighbors were usually arguing and I will inquire what's up because they were always speaking their Chinese like language. The first day, she told me, one married woman was sleeping with the husband of her neighbor, and the neighbor's wife discovered and that was what led to the quarrel. The next time, it was something similar though from other niegbhors. The whole thing were like lies to me until a woman from a house close to mine approached me that she heard I am a Lawyer and that she wants to divorce her husband. She is a Yoruba woman married to an Akwa Ibom man. She said her husband sleeps with thier niegbhors, married and unmarried. The picture now got clearer that it is more or less a norms in this place. I wasn't in a Law Firm so I couldn't help her. During my 4th months upward, I then realized the following

3 Likes

Re: Married Men And Women. My Experience In Akwa Ibom State During NYSC by Botking: 11:37am On Sep 26, 2021
Ikot Abasi
Re: Married Men And Women. My Experience In Akwa Ibom State During NYSC by EricSmallz(m): 11:42am On Sep 26, 2021
1. When a girl (no matter how little she is) is having an affair with a married man, it is a bragging right to her as she stands above her pairs.
2. If as a married woman, you don't get attention from young dudes and other married men, that means you are not hot or good looking and it's also a bragging right to those who gets the attention.
3. If your husband sleeps around, there is no need to complain, if you like, sleep with another man too. No cause for alarm.
4. Sex is like very normal thing. Nobody sees it as something special.
5. Sex on first date is most likely because it is just fun..
These amongst others.
But my Question about this whole thing is this,
Why is it that when a girl sleeps with a married man, it is not of much moment, But when a guy sleeps with a married Woman, the whole world sees it as an abomination that should never happen? Note: I had clear one on one Chances to sleep with married woman in that village, But I will never in my life do that knowingly, in case you think I have that fetish.
I just had to narrow this story down to my question because, what I saw in that village is enough to alter somebody's mindset.
No Disrespect to anybody Please

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Married Men And Women. My Experience In Akwa Ibom State During NYSC by Bola146(f): 11:42am On Sep 26, 2021
No wonder they too like eating dogs shocked shocked

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Married Men And Women. My Experience In Akwa Ibom State During NYSC by emae009(m): 11:59am On Sep 26, 2021
So Fathers sleeping with their daugthers that's now like a Yoruba bragging rights on Nairaland is what I should used to judge all of Yoruba land??

and you're supposed to be a learned colleague.. SMH

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Married Men And Women. My Experience In Akwa Ibom State During NYSC by Freestainworld(m): 12:27pm On Sep 26, 2021
That is why they eat dog meat, it gives them extra energy to romp around.

3 Likes

Re: Married Men And Women. My Experience In Akwa Ibom State During NYSC by clarocuzioo(m): 12:32pm On Sep 26, 2021
My brother, its a true story.

I served in Akwaibom also. Its a lovely peaceful and beautiful state, but their serxual drive is beyond this planet, especially their married woman.

I remember few days to our coming out from camp, NYSC officials were sounding it as a note of warning that we should avoid married women.

I never really understood what they meant until we were out of camp. Their married women will be chasing corpers around. like you rightly said, they brag about it.

Akwa Ibom.women can fuc.k, the more reason HIV is high in the state.

But they are lovely people and their sense of hospitality is amazing.

I really enjoyed my service year that I was practically crying when my serviced came to.an end.

It's just that there isn't much money in the state, I would have stayed back after.my service.

7 Likes

Re: Married Men And Women. My Experience In Akwa Ibom State During NYSC by Sonnobax15(m): 12:34pm On Sep 26, 2021
grin
Akwa Ibom ayaya.......No wonder that nigha sang that song that year.......Too much room for maximum enjoyment full that state.....
Re: Married Men And Women. My Experience In Akwa Ibom State During NYSC by Foodqueen(f): 12:43pm On Sep 26, 2021
Na real wa!!!

Mothers going to settle dispute is beyond me.... shocked
Re: Married Men And Women. My Experience In Akwa Ibom State During NYSC by JovialJune(f): 2:24pm On Sep 26, 2021
Hahahaha cheesy very funny thread grin

1 Like

Re: Married Men And Women. My Experience In Akwa Ibom State During NYSC by edoman2016: 3:21pm On Sep 26, 2021
clarocuzioo:
My brother, its a true story.

I served in Akwaibom also. Its a lovely peaceful and beautiful state, but their serxual drive is beyond this planet, especially their married woman.

I remember few days to our coming out from camp, NYSC officials were sounding it as a note of warning that we should avoid married women.

I never really understood what they meant until we were out of camp. Their married women will be chasing corpers around. like you rightly said, they brag about it.

Akwa Ibom.women can fuc.k, the more reason HIV is high in the state.

But they are lovely people and their sense of hospitality is amazing.

I really enjoyed my service year that I was practically crying when my serviced came to.an end.

It's just that there isn't much money in the state, I would have stayed back after.my service.
I thought akwa ibom is a major oil producing state. How come there is no money there?

2 Likes

Re: Married Men And Women. My Experience In Akwa Ibom State During NYSC by clarocuzioo(m): 3:44pm On Sep 26, 2021
edoman2016:

I thought akwa ibom is a major oil producing state. How come there is no money there?

The State is rich but the people are terribly poor. Most of their promiscuity is as a result of high poverty in the state.

The political class are really dealing with their masses.

Till date, Akwa Ibom despite how rich the state is, still supplies the entire nation with househelps.
It was so.embarrassing at a time that Akpabio wanted to criminalise househelps from.AkwaIbom.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Married Men And Women. My Experience In Akwa Ibom State During NYSC by Iamagoodgirll: 3:53pm On Sep 26, 2021
Akwa ibom and sex be like 5&6

3 Likes

Re: Married Men And Women. My Experience In Akwa Ibom State During NYSC by EricSmallz(m): 4:12pm On Sep 26, 2021
emae009:
So Fathers sleeping with their daugthers that's now like a Yoruba bragging rights on Nairaland is what I should used to judge all of Yoruba land??

If your interpretation of what I wrote is Judging the whole of Akwa Ibom State, your should be Shaking your head for yourself

2 Likes

Re: Married Men And Women. My Experience In Akwa Ibom State During NYSC by LilMissFavvy(f): 6:19pm On Sep 26, 2021
I heard they are the first or second state with highest number of HIV in Nigeria, that 4 out of 10 people in that state are infected, too bad, yet they don't change their lifestyle.

1 Like

Re: Married Men And Women. My Experience In Akwa Ibom State During NYSC by chival(f): 5:25am On Sep 28, 2021
I served in Akwa Ibom years ago as well. It was generally believed that the people were very sexually active and the male corps members amongst us bragged about their conquests. I can't corroborate this assertion though. It might be grossly exaggerated, who knows? However, my service year was quite unpleasant. The Nsit Atai camp was unbelievably filthy and beleaguered by vultures. PPA nko? Another unpalatable experience. I taught in a Secondary school that was grossly overpopulated and had the most unmotivated students I have ever seen. I really pray the AKS government is doing something to improve educational standards there. Someone told me the Nsit Atai is a lot better now though.

Oh, we did get huge chickens at Christmas from a parent and one teacher. grin
Re: Married Men And Women. My Experience In Akwa Ibom State During NYSC by nuelyoyo(m): 3:39pm On Sep 28, 2021
LilMissFavvy:
I heard they are the first or second state with highest number of HIV in Nigeria, that 4 out of 10 people in that state are infected, too bad, yet they don't change their lifestyle.
They are second after Benue state.

1 Like

Re: Married Men And Women. My Experience In Akwa Ibom State During NYSC by Konjiboi: 7:19pm On Sep 28, 2021
emae009:

Stop inventing rubbish. Read his post very well. Nonsense.

1 Like

Re: Married Men And Women. My Experience In Akwa Ibom State During NYSC by Richy4(m): 4:28am On Sep 29, 2021
It's the same thing all over Nigeria... It's not about those in Akwaibom...

Some Married people engage in extra marital affairs all over the state, some under age do so many unprintable things under the nose of their guardians again it's not about the state ...

Though one thing I noticed about NYSC is that when people ventured into another place that was not theirs, they act like their place is heaven even though similar thing are been done in their place but in a different way..

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Please Men I Need Your Help? / Married Woman Under Fire For Going Naked On Tiktok Live (video) / Guys, Do You Pray To Marry A Woman Like Your Mother?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.