Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,396 members, 7,830,010 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:58 PM

El-rufai Meets Pastors In Kaduna, Appeals For Support - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / El-rufai Meets Pastors In Kaduna, Appeals For Support (1179 Views)

Governor El-Rufai Meets With Pastor Adeboye (Photos) / El-rufai Meets With Security Agencies Over Situation In Southern Kaduna. / El-Rufai Meets Sanusi In Awe, Nasarawa (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

El-rufai Meets Pastors In Kaduna, Appeals For Support by GarriKoro(m): 4:05pm On Feb 10, 2019
Nasir el-Rufai, Governor of Kaduna State, has urged pastors in the state to support his reelection bid in the 2019 general election.

At a meeting with pastors under the auspices of the Pastors United For Change Association (PUCA), held in Kaduna on Saturday, he called on the Christian community to look beyond religion and focus on his performance as governor.

el-Rufai is seeking reelection and has picked Dr. Hadiza Balarabe, a Muslim, as his running mate.

His appeal is coming barely one month after he declared that even if the Pope was his running mate, 67 per cent of Christians in Kaduna won't vote for him.

However, at the town hall meeting on Saturday, he said: “In my life, I have never worked with people based on religious and ethnic consideration. Don’t look at what people said, but what I have done in the past.

“Go through my records and see what I have done. On the issue of my running mate, we are encouraging women participation in politics. She is a competent woman. Only Kaduna State has male/female governorship ticket in northern Nigeria.

“Late Professor Andrew Nok, our late Commissioner for Education, brought Dr. Hadiza Balarabe when we were looking for someone that can revive our primary health in the state and she performed excellently well.

“I didn’t know her before. Her choice as a running mate has nothing to do with religion. I am confident that my running mate will run the state effectively, and will be fair to all in the state even if I am not around.

“When you get into office politics, you must be fair to all. Check our records in the last three years and six months, we have worked. We built, repaired primary, secondary schools. We fixed our primary health centres. I am human and I can make mistakes like any other person. I will be fair to everybody.

“We must unite our people for progress. I want Kaduna State to interact on the basis of humanity, not religion and ethnicity."

In his remarks, Apostle David Adeniran, the PUCA Chairman, said: “I believe many of us will go home with new thinking that something good is happening in Kaduna. This is a new Kaduna State."

http://saharareporters.com/2019/02/10/el-rufai-meets-pastors-kaduna-appeals-support
Re: El-rufai Meets Pastors In Kaduna, Appeals For Support by Abfinest007(m): 4:09pm On Feb 10, 2019
does d devil love if ur answer if no .hell rufai we say no to ur request
Re: El-rufai Meets Pastors In Kaduna, Appeals For Support by GarriKoro(m): 4:13pm On Feb 10, 2019
Abfinest007:
does d devil love if ur answer if no .hell rufai we say no to ur request
Are you from Kaduna state or do you reside there?
Re: El-rufai Meets Pastors In Kaduna, Appeals For Support by Maxymilliano(m): 4:14pm On Feb 10, 2019
He said Christians wont vote for him, so why appealing to pastors for support?

2 Likes

Re: El-rufai Meets Pastors In Kaduna, Appeals For Support by Rogersmith(m): 4:33pm On Feb 10, 2019
Maxymilliano:
He said Christians wont vote for him, so why appealing to pastors for support?
It was an emotional statement. That statement will hunt him throughout his political career.

1 Like

Re: El-rufai Meets Pastors In Kaduna, Appeals For Support by abduljabbar4(m): 5:34pm On Feb 10, 2019
Elrufa'i seriously has issues. Sentiments aside.
Don't be decieved though, Ashiru wont smell victory.
Re: El-rufai Meets Pastors In Kaduna, Appeals For Support by Racoon(m): 5:37pm On Feb 10, 2019
At a meeting with pastors under the auspices of the Pastors United For Change Association (PUCA), held in Kaduna on Saturday, he called on the Christian community to look beyond religion and focus on his performance as governor.
So after he arrogantly went for a muslim-muslim ticket, & insulted/afflicted Kaduna Christains that they will not vote for him irrespective of what, this midget can come up with this shitcrap?

El-Rufai must be stupid to think that reasonable Christians will vote for him.Even the beleaguered shites have unequivocally made it know that they will never vote for him.It's pay back time.

2 Likes

Re: El-rufai Meets Pastors In Kaduna, Appeals For Support by Racoon(m): 5:38pm On Feb 10, 2019
[s]
abduljabbar4:
Elrufa'i seriously has issues. Sentiments aside.Don't be decieved though, Ashiru wont smell victory.
[/s]
Re: El-rufai Meets Pastors In Kaduna, Appeals For Support by abduljabbar4(m): 5:38pm On Feb 10, 2019
Racoon:
[s][/s]

I hate Racoons
Re: El-rufai Meets Pastors In Kaduna, Appeals For Support by Racoon(m): 5:43pm On Feb 10, 2019
[s]
abduljabbar4:

I hate Racoons
[/s]

1 Like

Re: El-rufai Meets Pastors In Kaduna, Appeals For Support by abduljabbar4(m): 5:47pm On Feb 10, 2019
Racoon:
[s][/s]
Racoons are ugly and disgusting
Re: El-rufai Meets Pastors In Kaduna, Appeals For Support by Nobody: 6:10pm On Feb 10, 2019
That midget is a short devil! He hate CHRISTIANS with passion. If you endorse him, as you turn,he'll stab at your back!

1 Like

Re: El-rufai Meets Pastors In Kaduna, Appeals For Support by GarriKoro(m): 9:39pm On Feb 10, 2019
Destiny34:
That midget is a short devil! He hate CHRISTIANS with passion. If you endorse him, as you turn,he'll stab at your back!
I don't think El Rufai hates Christians, I think he just runs his mouth off like an emotional little bitch. I'll be voting for him though
Re: El-rufai Meets Pastors In Kaduna, Appeals For Support by hisexcellency34: 7:42am On Feb 11, 2019
Yet the fool is running on a Muslim- Muslim ticket

1 Like

Re: El-rufai Meets Pastors In Kaduna, Appeals For Support by helinues: 8:05am On Feb 11, 2019
Trust him at your own peril

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

One Week To Freedom - How Would You Celebrate? / Video: President Buhari,oshiomhole Stoned At Abeokuta, Ogun State APC Campaign / FGN Freezes Over 300,000 Bank Accounts Of PDP Members

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.