Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,488 members, 7,830,455 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:36 PM

Sowore: Is 100 Thousand Minimum Wage A Good or Bad Idea? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sowore: Is 100 Thousand Minimum Wage A Good or Bad Idea? (266 Views)

Falana: If Sowore Is Charged, Buhari Will Be My First Witness In Court / BREAKING: Sowore Is With Us, Says DSS / DSS Facility Where Sowore Is Allegedly Being Detained (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Sowore: Is 100 Thousand Minimum Wage A Good or Bad Idea? by NSNA: 7:03pm On Feb 10, 2019
What will change if
School Teachers, Police, Nurses, Office Workers, Street Cleaners and all kind of government workers
go home with a minimum of 100 Thousand 'Naira monthly.

That will ignite the economy and birth a middle class.
It will increase competition with private employers
And people will be more dedicated to their work.

People can afford to buy food, start building houses and live a decent life.

How can that be a bad idea?
Re: Sowore: Is 100 Thousand Minimum Wage A Good or Bad Idea? by AtikulatedNaija: 7:08pm On Feb 10, 2019
Ensuring that political officer holders earn salaries and emoluments as determined and
approved by the Revenue Mobilization and Fiscal Commission (RMFAC).
The government has not taken any action to ensure that this policy comes into effect even as the National Assembly, CBN, NNPC, NDDC and other government agencies and parastatals still pay far higher perks than what is recommended by RMFAC.Prompt passage of the Petroleum Industry Bill (PIB) and addressing local content
issues in the oil and gas sector – FAILED
The government has not given the accelerated attention it promised towards the passage of the PIB Bill. Close to the end of its tenure, it is yet to push for the passage of the law.Upgrading all Federal Government-owned hospitals to world-class facilities within five
years – FAILED
None of the federal government-owned tertiary institutions has been upgraded to world-class standard since the administration came into power.The defeat of Boko Haram and the rehabilitation and reintegration of repentant
insurgents – FAILED
Boko Haram is still unleashing terror on many parts of the Northeast and has recently intensified attacks in Borno and Yobe states. More soldiers have been killed by the insurgents than in the past while morale has gotten to its lowest ebb among troops resulting in protests and mutiny.The first revelation that all is not well was during his first and only presidential media chat, where he said he would.not devalue the naira against the French Francs and German Mark! These are currencies that ceased to be legal tender 16yrs prior to that media briefing!
Ever since, his handlers decided to quarantine the president from addressing Nigerians so that his condition would not be glaring to all.In Delta State:
President Buhari handed over his party's flag to Great Ogboru, calling him the APC presidential candidate. On being corrected, he repeated the blunder, this time calling him a senatorial candidate. He only got it right on the third attempt.In Cross River State:
The president handed over the party's governorship candidate flag to Ndoma Egba, instead of Owan Enoh!
In Ekiti State:
He announced to the people that He took over power in 2005! Which meant he has been president the last 14yrs!
In Ondo State:
He asked the people to deliver "EDO CENTRAL", forgetting he is in 'Ondo State'!
Age is clearly taking its toll on the president, and he has shown very clear signs that he is not medically fit to continue in office.the cabal and hawks in his government wants him to stick on because it would give them the cover to continue ruling by proxy, as well as plunder the country in the name of 'Buhari'.
Nigerians, for the love of country, allow president Buhari to go home and rest. He has done his bit, but it is clear that he cannot continue to run the affairs of the country.The Tradermoni scam has already gulped well over 100 billion naira so far.
The several alphabetic acronym groups soliciting for Buhari's re-election is also another drain on public funds.
Crowd rentage fees at APC rallies amounts to as much as 5,000 naira per head in the southwest to as low as 500 naira in the north. These also are coming from public funds.
Then there's also the monies earmarked to bribe several factions of cultural groups plus that used in bribing Oyoruba Obas and northern Amirs which is also running into billions.
Monies will eventually be doled to thugs and security men alike on election day proper which will also be running in billions.
And you should not forget the monies giving to the likes of Sowore and co to run their parallel vote dividing fake presidential campaigns and that which has been set aside for them when they congratulate Buhari on rigging his way back to Aso Rock.Massive unemployment everywhere and closing down of small scale businesses as a result of the bad, poor and negative economic policies of the Buhari Led administration: just recently the National Bureau of statistics released a damming report of Nigeria having over 21 million unemployed individuals in the last 3 years as a result of negative economic policies that saw thousands of businesses closing down and even small business were not left out as many could not restock their supply as a result of the sharp increase in foreign exchange in the first two years of Buhari's current administration. Therefore we cannot re elect Buhari since he has shown that he can not solve the problem of unemployment but he can only worsen it, hence we must not reinforce failure to produce more failuresThe Continued Deteriorating Statet of Buhari's Health: Like you and I already know, Buhary is just a mere mortal like you and I, he is made up of flesh and blood like you and I hence it is normal for him to have health challenges like you and I, but what i find awkward in re electing someone with health issues, is the complex state of our nation, in 2017, the same Man was admitted in hospital in the UK for almost 4 months collectively and the effect of the ailment is still very visible on mr president even as goes about seeking for the electorates vote. Recently endorsed an entirely different candidate by raising up his hand as the gubernatorial candidate of cross river state, at the nation Presidential Youth Programe, the president could not even recognize his own handwritting, i mean, age is telling on Mr president, coupled with the symptoms of his aimen, Hence Buhary is not an option for reelectionPresence of the Usurpers called the cabals a very clear fact that must be at the back of our mind is that A vote for buhari is a vote for the cabals so therefore, if the cabals are so popular, let the come out and contest for the office of the presidency and not try to rule the country by proxyLike they say show me your friends and i will show you who you are.Only fools cursed from their mothers womb will vote for Foolhari again in 2019. I campaigned for the dullardino and voted for the useless goat. I am ready to correct my wrongs by campaigning against the herdsman. Dont reinforce failure ....

(1) (Reply)

Great Ooduan's Let Share Thoughts / We Will Probe $16bn Spent By PDP Administrations On Power, Says Buhari / 2019 Polls: You’ll Take The Blame, Praise–ekweremadu To INEC, Security Agencies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.