Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,483 members, 7,823,118 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:27 AM

Buhari Campaigns In Port Harcourt, Rivers State (Live Updates) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Campaigns In Port Harcourt, Rivers State (Live Updates) (42706 Views)

Buhari Campaigns In Aba, Abia: Pictures From Enyimba Stadium / President Buhari Campaigns In Aba, Abia State (Live Updates) / Reactions As President Buhari Campaigns In Anambra (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Campaigns In Port Harcourt, Rivers State (Live Updates) by kcmichael: 8:38am On Feb 12, 2019
Picture loading.............

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Campaigns In Port Harcourt, Rivers State (Live Updates) by sarrki(m): 8:39am On Feb 12, 2019
South-south and South-east: My Thought On PDP stronghold –

PDP have consistently won 60% or more of the total votes since 2003 in Abia, Akwa Ibom, Anambra, Bayelsa, Cross River, Delta, Ebonyi, Enugu, Imo and Rivers.

In the last election, PDP got about 50% of their total votes from these states, 6,892,762 votes. The party received 80% or more from each state; the highest was Anambra with 98.5%. But what are the chances of PDP/Atiku repeating the 2015 feat next week in their stronghold?

Personally, I believe PDP have lost some ground in most of these states, if not all.

• In Anambra, Governor Obiano is not hiding his affection for President Buhari and not shying away from publicly promoting the achievements of the Buhari Government in the state and south east as a whole. PDP won the state with 98.5% of the total votes in the last election, I strongly believe this time around, the state could easily swing in favour of either of the two major parties.

• Imo, despite the obvious friction in Imo APC, the incumbent Governor is still solidly behind President Buhari and APC as far as the presidential election is concerned. I doubt if that support will be readily available in the Gubernatorial election especially. I believe APC have a better chance of winning this state.

• In Akwa Ibom and Delta, APC has successfully formed some great alliances and the party seem united in both states. In 2015, PDP secured 2.2 million votes from both states compare to APC 107,321. With the two states boasting 4,965,001 registered voters, an increase of over 1 million newly registered from last election, there is all to play for. I believe PDP will still win both states. I do not honestly believe APC is strong enough to win either state in this election, but I am confident the party will do exceptionally well, which will be nothing compare to the 2015 result.

• No doubt APC have gained some ground in Abia, cross river, Enugu, Bayelsa and Ebonyi, they are not significant enough for the party to win any of those states. PDP will still retain these states but not in a way they will want to. In the last election, PDP had about 90% of total votes in all these states, I don’t see that happening in this election. APC will comfortably secure at least the required 25% in all, and looking at the voting record of these states, it would be considered a decent outing for APC.

• Rivers state, the crown jewel of PDP stronghold with 3,215,273 registered voters. In the last election, PDP had 95% of total votes (1,487,075 votes) compare to APC 4.4% (69,238 votes). Thanks to Amaechi, Abe and co, they have successfully made a mess of APC’s chances in the state. Even though I do honestly believe PDP will win the state, I also believe APC will perform far better than they did in 2015.

At the end of the day, south-south and south-east will remain a PDP stronghold, at least the time being. Though PDP is still firmly entrenched in these two regions, but with Imo state out of their grip, and both main parties having a 50-50 chance of winning Anambra state, this is enough to worry PDP. It says a lot on how deep APC has encroached into their territory. APC secured only about 5% of total votes in SS and SE in 2015, and they still won the election. If they manage to secure about 35-40% in this election, which believe they will, it would be considered a great success. If I were PDP supporter, I would be worried.

46 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari Campaigns In Port Harcourt, Rivers State (Live Updates) by kcmichael: 8:40am On Feb 12, 2019
20million vote loading......

34 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buhari Campaigns In Port Harcourt, Rivers State (Live Updates) by deboysben(m): 9:12am On Feb 12, 2019
Let's see how it goes

This time na sand them go pour him face

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Campaigns In Port Harcourt, Rivers State (Live Updates) by highqueen(f): 9:12am On Feb 12, 2019
Buhari...oleee

41 Likes

Re: Buhari Campaigns In Port Harcourt, Rivers State (Live Updates) by kahal29: 9:19am On Feb 12, 2019
LIVE FROM
Rivers state
Adokiye Amiesimaka Stadium

APC PRESIDENTIAL CAMPAIGN RALLY
PORT-HARCOURT

Preparations ongoing.......

By the state chairman Hon Ojukaye Flag Amachree

#PMBinRivers

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Campaigns In Port Harcourt, Rivers State (Live Updates) by kahal29: 9:19am On Feb 12, 2019
Next level

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Campaigns In Port Harcourt, Rivers State (Live Updates) by kahal29: 9:26am On Feb 12, 2019
Here we go

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Campaigns In Port Harcourt, Rivers State (Live Updates) by senatordave1(m): 9:51am On Feb 12, 2019
kahal29:
LIVE FROM
Rivers state
Adokiye Amiesimaka Stadium

APC PRESIDENTIAL CAMPAIGN RALLY
PORT-HARCOURT

Preparations ongoing.......

By the state chairman Hon Ojukaye Flag Amachree

#PMBinRivers
These men would fight wike and atiku on Saturday to a standstill.

11 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Buhari Campaigns In Port Harcourt, Rivers State (Live Updates) by senatordave1(m): 9:54am On Feb 12, 2019
kahal29:
Next level
Buhari will pull more crowd here than pdp did yesterday.buhari will get 30% here.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Campaigns In Port Harcourt, Rivers State (Live Updates) by senatordave1(m): 9:54am On Feb 12, 2019
kahal29:
Next level
Buhari will pull more crowd here than pdp did yesterday.buhari will get 30% here...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Campaigns In Port Harcourt, Rivers State (Live Updates) by Truckpusher(m): 9:57am On Feb 12, 2019
senatordave1:

Buhari will pull more crowd here than pdp did yesterday.buhari will get 30% here...

74 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari Campaigns In Port Harcourt, Rivers State (Live Updates) by senatordave1(m): 10:01am On Feb 12, 2019
[quote author=Truckpusher post=75650228][/quote]
Seems you are tired of pushing truck for atiku
Re: Buhari Campaigns In Port Harcourt, Rivers State (Live Updates) by peeddy(m): 10:02am On Feb 12, 2019
this would be where 2 or 3 are gathered

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Campaigns In Port Harcourt, Rivers State (Live Updates) by Franzinni: 10:06am On Feb 12, 2019
kcmichael:
20million vote loading......
online abi

I can hear pmb.. VPyo.. Tinubu.. And co... Discussing in their private jet...

Buhari ::::
Tinubu... Did you make arrangements for safety helmets because I can't come and let people break my head you know say nah battery low I dey...

Tinubu: :: don't worry jubrin... I mean buhari.... Osinbajo is carrying it...

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Campaigns In Port Harcourt, Rivers State (Live Updates) by Baawaa(m): 10:06am On Feb 12, 2019
Is a done deal,Buhari till 2023

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Campaigns In Port Harcourt, Rivers State (Live Updates) by bedspread: 10:06am On Feb 12, 2019
[s]
sarrki:
South-south and South-east: My Thought On PDP stronghold –

PDP have consistently won 60% or more of the total votes since 2003 in Abia, Akwa Ibom, Anambra, Bayelsa, Cross River, Delta, Ebonyi, Enugu, Imo and Rivers.

In the last election, PDP got about 50% of their total votes from these states, 6,892,762 votes. The party received 80% or more from each state; the highest was Anambra with 98.5%. But what are the chances of PDP/Atiku repeating the 2015 feat next week in their stronghold?

Personally, I believe PDP have lost some ground in most of these states, if not all.

• In Anambra, Governor Obiano is not hiding his affection for President Buhari and not shying away from publicly promoting the achievements of the Buhari Government in the state and south east as a whole. PDP won the state with 98.5% of the total votes in the last election, I strongly believe this time around, the state could easily swing in favour of either of the two major parties.

• Imo, despite the obvious friction in Imo APC, the incumbent Governor is still solidly behind President Buhari and APC as far as the presidential election is concerned. I doubt if that support will be readily available in the Gubernatorial election especially. I believe APC have a better chance of winning this state.

• In Akwa Ibom and Delta, APC has successfully formed some great alliances and the party seem united in both states. In 2015, PDP secured 2.2 million votes from both states compare to APC 107,321. With the two states boasting 4,965,001 registered voters, an increase of over 1 million newly registered from last election, there is all to play for. I believe PDP will still win both states. I do not honestly believe APC is strong enough to win either state in this election, but I am confident the party will do exceptionally well, which will be nothing compare to the 2015 result.

• No doubt APC have gained some ground in Abia, cross river, Enugu, Bayelsa and Ebonyi, they are not significant enough for the party to win any of those states. PDP will still retain these states but not in a way they will want to. In the last election, PDP had about 90% of total votes in all these states, I don’t see that happening in this election. APC will comfortably secure at least the required 25% in all, and looking at the voting record of these states, it would be considered a decent outing for APC.

• Rivers state, the crown jewel of PDP stronghold with 3,215,273 registered voters. In the last election, PDP had 95% of total votes (1,487,075 votes) compare to APC 4.4% (69,238 votes). Thanks to Amaechi, Abe and co, they have successfully made a mess of APC’s chances in the state. Even though I do honestly believe PDP will win the state, I also believe APC will perform far better than they did in 2015.

At the end of the day, south-south and south-east will remain a PDP stronghold, at least the time being. Though PDP is still firmly entrenched in these two regions, but with Imo state out of their grip, and both main parties having a 50-50 chance of winning Anambra state, this is enough to worry PDP. It says a lot on how deep APC has encroached into their territory. APC secured only about 5% of total votes in SS and SE in 2015, and they still won the election. If they manage to secure about 35-40% in this election, which believe they will, it would be considered a great success. If I were PDP supporter, I would be worried.
[/s]

The Worst thing that could happen to A Man is Self-Deceit!
Decieving and Lying to Yourself is The Height of Foolishness

57 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buhari Campaigns In Port Harcourt, Rivers State (Live Updates) by Blinkers: 10:07am On Feb 12, 2019
cool

See as hopeless APC/PDP Moro.n.s full here

1 Like

Re: Buhari Campaigns In Port Harcourt, Rivers State (Live Updates) by Benblaq(m): 10:07am On Feb 12, 2019
This is how sarrki be following PMB.
Not to help actually, but for the small small advantage and stipends.
God dey watch you.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Campaigns In Port Harcourt, Rivers State (Live Updates) by donnie(m): 10:08am On Feb 12, 2019
You have collected money, Oya bring the crowd na grin

12 Likes

Re: Buhari Campaigns In Port Harcourt, Rivers State (Live Updates) by Ranchhoddas: 10:09am On Feb 12, 2019
[quote author=Truckpusher post=75650228][/quote]Who is the man in that image? Is that Osho?
Re: Buhari Campaigns In Port Harcourt, Rivers State (Live Updates) by Galaticos444: 10:10am On Feb 12, 2019
Pdp is rivers and rivers is pdp end of story

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Campaigns In Port Harcourt, Rivers State (Live Updates) by wristbangle: 10:10am On Feb 12, 2019
PMB should forget about SS/SE regions abeg

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Campaigns In Port Harcourt, Rivers State (Live Updates) by JejeGuy: 10:11am On Feb 12, 2019
Nigerians are Atikulated

16 Likes

Re: Buhari Campaigns In Port Harcourt, Rivers State (Live Updates) by eLcastro(m): 10:11am On Feb 12, 2019
bedspread:
[s][/s]

The Worst thing that could happen to A Man is Self-Deceit!
Decieving Yourself is The Height of Foolishness
lol...leave the zone-b alone....let see what happen when they are called to present their 'governortorial' candidate grin grin grin grin grin

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Campaigns In Port Harcourt, Rivers State (Live Updates) by Born2Breed(f): 10:11am On Feb 12, 2019
peeddy:
this would be where 2 or 3 are gathered

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ikenga Imo Subtly Mocks Buhari & His Economic Team (Pics) / "Why APC Senators Found It Difficult To Impeach Saraki" – Lai Mohammed Reveals / Only Igbo Will Survive If Nigeria Breaks – Fayose

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.