Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,093 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:04 AM

On This Day: Murtala Mohammed Was Shot Dead In His Mercedes Benz (PHOTOS) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / On This Day: Murtala Mohammed Was Shot Dead In His Mercedes Benz (PHOTOS) (74970 Views)

Dibbo, Hajo Sani's Son Flaunts His New Mercedes Benz (Photos) / Buhari Marks Inauguration With N61 Million 2019 Mercedes Benz (photos) / Gowon's Press Release In Uganda After Murtala Mohammed Overthrew Him (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

On This Day: Murtala Mohammed Was Shot Dead In His Mercedes Benz (PHOTOS) by carandautos(m): 3:30pm On Feb 13, 2019
On this day 43 years prior, previous Nigerian military ruler Murtala Mohammad was killed in S Class Mercedes Benz.

Murtala Mohammed was Nigeria’s previous military head of state. He progressed toward becoming president in July 30, 1975.

Murtala Mohammed was murdered matured 37, alongside his Confidant (ADC), Lieutenant Akintunde Akinsehinwa in an unsuccessful overthrow endeavor driven by Lt. Col Buka Suka Dimka, when his vehicle was trapped in transit to his office at Dodan Encampment, Lagos by a gathering of warriors.

source: http://carandautos.com/on-this-day-murtala-mohammed-was-shot-dead-in-his-mercedes-benz/

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: On This Day: Murtala Mohammed Was Shot Dead In His Mercedes Benz (PHOTOS) by Tezboi(m): 3:32pm On Feb 13, 2019
shocked
Below is a text of the second speech which
Colonel Dimka never got to read on the air
waves:

“Fellow Nigerians,
This is Lt. Col. BS Dimka. I now explain why
we the Young Revolutionaries of the Armed
Forces have found it necessary to overthrow
the six month old government of Murtala.
On the 29th July 1975 the Government of
General Gowon was overthrown. Some of
the reasons given for the change were:

a. Corruption
b. Indecision
c. Arrest and detention without trial
d. Weakness on the part of the Head of
State
e. Maladministration in general and a host
of other malpractice.

Every honest Nigerian will agree with me
that since the change over of government
there has not been any physical
development in the whole country generally.
All we have is arbitrary dismissal of innocent
Nigerians who have contributed in no less
amount to the building of this great nation.
A Professor was arrested, detained,
dismissed and later taken to court on an
article which every honest Nigerian will
agree that all the points contained in that
article were 100% truth. The sad point about
it all is that those who initiated the
retirement or dismissal exercise are the
worst offenders. You will be informed about
the ill-gotten wealth in my next
announcement.

The acting General Manager of the Nigerian
Airways was invited to the Dodan Barracks
and detained without trial. The people of
this country have been living in a state of
fear. The Armed Forces promotion exercise
is still fresh in your minds. Whatever
reasons they have for the promotion one
can only say that they are ambitious. They
in fact took over power to enrich
themselves.

We are convinced that some of the
programmes announced for a return to
civilian rule are made to favor a particular
group. To mention only one. Maitama Sule
is a politician. But has been appointed Chief
of Commissioners for Complaints. This is to
prepare him for the next political head at all
cost. How many of you know that Maitama
Sule is on a salary of N17,000 per annum?
In view of what I have just said and a lot
more which time will not permit me to
mention, we the Young Revolutionaries have
once again taken over the Government to
save Murtala from total disgrace and
prevent him from committing further
blunders and totally collapsing the country
before he runs away in the name of
retirement to enjoy the huge fortune he got
through bribe which he has now stored
outside this country. I believe that charity
should begin at home.
Please stay by your radio for further
announcements.

We are all together.”

46 Likes 6 Shares

Re: On This Day: Murtala Mohammed Was Shot Dead In His Mercedes Benz (PHOTOS) by Pulsenaija: 6:33pm On Feb 13, 2019

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: On This Day: Murtala Mohammed Was Shot Dead In His Mercedes Benz (PHOTOS) by ujampie: 6:33pm On Feb 13, 2019
It's well..... Keep resting in the Lord sir
Re: On This Day: Murtala Mohammed Was Shot Dead In His Mercedes Benz (PHOTOS) by AhlexOfficial(m): 6:33pm On Feb 13, 2019
PRAYER FOR NIGERIANS:

After the war, the Israelites came to Moses and said, "We counted and no one is missing, Numbers 31 vs 49). In this week of ELECTION none will be missing in ur family, among ur friends and love ones in Jesus name.

Dr. (Pst) AhlexOfficial

146 Likes 8 Shares

Re: On This Day: Murtala Mohammed Was Shot Dead In His Mercedes Benz (PHOTOS) by Nobody: 6:34pm On Feb 13, 2019
Na Class go kill Mercedes.

Even an old model Benz had and still has class.

79 Likes

Re: On This Day: Murtala Mohammed Was Shot Dead In His Mercedes Benz (PHOTOS) by dalass(f): 6:34pm On Feb 13, 2019
All the given reasons for his assassination enough to repeat same but our votes can do same grin

16 Likes

Re: On This Day: Murtala Mohammed Was Shot Dead In His Mercedes Benz (PHOTOS) by Oceannaagent: 6:34pm On Feb 13, 2019
Ok
Re: On This Day: Murtala Mohammed Was Shot Dead In His Mercedes Benz (PHOTOS) by Opexzy: 6:35pm On Feb 13, 2019
Continue to RIP sir... But say this place ain't the same anymore...

3 Likes

Re: On This Day: Murtala Mohammed Was Shot Dead In His Mercedes Benz (PHOTOS) by StaffofOrayan(m): 6:35pm On Feb 13, 2019
They always hide behind corruption when they are the most corrupt

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: On This Day: Murtala Mohammed Was Shot Dead In His Mercedes Benz (PHOTOS) by dguyindcorner(m): 6:35pm On Feb 13, 2019
Blame it on APC. Loool
Re: On This Day: Murtala Mohammed Was Shot Dead In His Mercedes Benz (PHOTOS) by Injera(f): 6:35pm On Feb 13, 2019
Nigeria still the same

1 Like

Re: On This Day: Murtala Mohammed Was Shot Dead In His Mercedes Benz (PHOTOS) by tasceige(m): 6:35pm On Feb 13, 2019
Let's pray history won't repeat itself..
Re: On This Day: Murtala Mohammed Was Shot Dead In His Mercedes Benz (PHOTOS) by conductor1003: 6:35pm On Feb 13, 2019
Continue resting in hellfire, cancerous terrorist and genocidist.

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: On This Day: Murtala Mohammed Was Shot Dead In His Mercedes Benz (PHOTOS) by sunnyp20(m): 6:35pm On Feb 13, 2019
Despite the fact it pains me to my marrow, Buhari can't lose. He has a fanatical support base in the north, a good electoral machinery in the south west and ultimately controls the rigging apparatus and is willing to do whatever it takes to remain in power. One way or the other, Buhari will remain president till 2023.#IamAtikulated

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: On This Day: Murtala Mohammed Was Shot Dead In His Mercedes Benz (PHOTOS) by dguyindcorner(m): 6:35pm On Feb 13, 2019
Vb
Re: On This Day: Murtala Mohammed Was Shot Dead In His Mercedes Benz (PHOTOS) by BoboKush(m): 6:35pm On Feb 13, 2019
lipsrsealed
Re: On This Day: Murtala Mohammed Was Shot Dead In His Mercedes Benz (PHOTOS) by hucienda: 6:35pm On Feb 13, 2019
'76.
Re: On This Day: Murtala Mohammed Was Shot Dead In His Mercedes Benz (PHOTOS) by lapo(m): 6:35pm On Feb 13, 2019
May his soul continue to rest in peace. Amin

1 Like

Re: On This Day: Murtala Mohammed Was Shot Dead In His Mercedes Benz (PHOTOS) by BluntBoy(m): 6:36pm On Feb 13, 2019
I remembered primary school when we went on excursion to the museum where this car is kept.

Being a very imaginative child, I pictured the whole scene as the guide told us the story of how Muritala was assassinated.

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: On This Day: Murtala Mohammed Was Shot Dead In His Mercedes Benz (PHOTOS) by Adesouth(m): 6:37pm On Feb 13, 2019
Abeg I dey find val o
Re: On This Day: Murtala Mohammed Was Shot Dead In His Mercedes Benz (PHOTOS) by santopelele(m): 6:37pm On Feb 13, 2019
THE CORRUPT MURTALA MOHAMMED DOES NOT SUPPOSE TO BE IN OUR CURRENCY

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: On This Day: Murtala Mohammed Was Shot Dead In His Mercedes Benz (PHOTOS) by MrFlavvor(m): 6:37pm On Feb 13, 2019
kennygee:

I'm telling you...
The car exudes class

4 Likes

Re: On This Day: Murtala Mohammed Was Shot Dead In His Mercedes Benz (PHOTOS) by phorget(m): 6:37pm On Feb 13, 2019
kennygee:
No go follow class enter one chance o.

2 Likes

Re: On This Day: Murtala Mohammed Was Shot Dead In His Mercedes Benz (PHOTOS) by paymentvoucher: 6:38pm On Feb 13, 2019
shocked
Re: On This Day: Murtala Mohammed Was Shot Dead In His Mercedes Benz (PHOTOS) by alfaman3: 6:38pm On Feb 13, 2019
A great day indeed. Let me go and buy beer.

15 Likes

Re: On This Day: Murtala Mohammed Was Shot Dead In His Mercedes Benz (PHOTOS) by Nobody: 6:39pm On Feb 13, 2019
Bloggers with fake pic... check the wheel of the car and the color if they re the same
Re: On This Day: Murtala Mohammed Was Shot Dead In His Mercedes Benz (PHOTOS) by Samuelbidemi: 6:39pm On Feb 13, 2019
The spoliers of this nation.

4 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerian Prisoners Who Escaped From Jail Dehumanized By Ghanaian Authorities / Buhari Drops Governors Fashola And Fayemi From Ministerial List / The Proposed 4TH Mainland Bridge & Masterplan In Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.