Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,150 members, 7,849,582 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 03:44 AM

Wife Beaters In Edo To Be Jailed For 2 Years As Governor Signs Bill Into Law. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wife Beaters In Edo To Be Jailed For 2 Years As Governor Signs Bill Into Law. (9714 Views)

Tinubu Signs Bill Returning Old Anthem Into Law / Tinubu signs bill raising High Court Judges retirement age to 70 / Ganduje Breaks Kano Emirate Into Five, Signs Bill Into Law (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wife Beaters In Edo To Be Jailed For 2 Years As Governor Signs Bill Into Law. by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 2:04pm On Feb 14, 2019
DerideGull:

All these idiotic American wonna-bes in Nigeria must tread very carefully. This is how American society has been turned into a decadent bunch. It is a moronic move to turn the head of African family into a woman affair.
crap. Nobody should raise their hands on anybody.Because your religion or culture makes you the head in theory does not give you the right to deal with an adult as you please. Your submission is silly.

2 Likes

Re: Wife Beaters In Edo To Be Jailed For 2 Years As Governor Signs Bill Into Law. by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 2:06pm On Feb 14, 2019
Zither:

On the contrary, it is a welcome move to curb the rate of violence against a spouse as is prevalent in African homes. While the law is all-inclusive it has come to the aid of the vulnerable in a marital union the bulk of which constitutes the female gender. It is a highly welcome development. This is a step in the right direction of attacking the ill of violence against persons in a society and should be adopted by the other states of the federation.
Thank you smiley
asuustrike1:

The law applies to both sexes
Thank you I wonder of they read it at all or just reacted to the headline

1 Like

Re: Wife Beaters In Edo To Be Jailed For 2 Years As Governor Signs Bill Into Law. by alizma: 2:13pm On Feb 14, 2019
baby mamas law signed. if you she do too much and you no fit bear am again, jejely locate the nearest court for divorce, take one or two months to refresh and then move on to next level.
Re: Wife Beaters In Edo To Be Jailed For 2 Years As Governor Signs Bill Into Law. by ObaKlaz: 2:40pm On Feb 14, 2019
AlhajaChinyere:

Read the law again young man.

[s]Plus, get stronger emotionally and financially,,, then you'll never feel the need to beat any woman! [/s]
Bollocks! How does ''getting stronger emotionally and financially'' translate to mean that this legislation cannot be used as a means to some sinister ends, Albert Einstein??
Re: Wife Beaters In Edo To Be Jailed For 2 Years As Governor Signs Bill Into Law. by AlhajaChinyere: 2:43pm On Feb 14, 2019
IloveToMess:

My people these are the people on the other side who are benefitting from this lifeless Government, so why would they want the status quo to change since it suits them, as far as they are OK they believe everyone is OK as well. We Nigerians have agreed to vote Atiku abubakar so you better start looking flag for another job cos your BMC work has come to an end.

Yes absolutely. My region and my people, including a heavy population of bloody migrants who cant stay in their region are benefitting from the government's infrastructural plan and the infrastructure work going on in my region.

I will not give my vote to thieves who have been in government under this civilian dispensation and have nothing to show - that goes for the 2 jokers thief Atiku / liar OBI

1 Like

Re: Wife Beaters In Edo To Be Jailed For 2 Years As Governor Signs Bill Into Law. by AlhajaChinyere: 2:52pm On Feb 14, 2019
ObaKlaz:
Bollocks! How does ''getting stronger emotionally and financially'' translate to mean that this legislation cannot be used as a means to some sinister ends, Albert Einstein??

Nobody can use this law against anyone if you do not raise your hands on somebody else! Very simple!

These laws make men smarter and under control. You dont fvck anyhow, date women anyhow, marry women anyhow, give woman belle anyhow, give women children anyhow, spend money on women anyhow. And above all it clears that "I own her" mentality from the mnds of men.

I am a good example.

1 Like

Re: Wife Beaters In Edo To Be Jailed For 2 Years As Governor Signs Bill Into Law. by mechanics(m): 2:55pm On Feb 14, 2019
Wife beaters will have to repent.
Re: Wife Beaters In Edo To Be Jailed For 2 Years As Governor Signs Bill Into Law. by BluntBoy(m): 3:02pm On Feb 14, 2019
[quote author=Ladyhippolyta88 post=75724713][/quote]

My Queen shocked Where have you been?
Re: Wife Beaters In Edo To Be Jailed For 2 Years As Governor Signs Bill Into Law. by CioAngels(f): 4:01pm On Feb 14, 2019
Good one, but wives should tame themselves too. What happens to those who beat their husbands? Also, what will happen to those wicked in-law who tie/pin their sons/brothers wives with jazz that will incapacitate the young wife, just like the picture that was shown of a young wife whose mother in-law pinned with jazz with her picture, this is worse than beating, what do you think? Obaseki, thank you, law on this.
Re: Wife Beaters In Edo To Be Jailed For 2 Years As Governor Signs Bill Into Law. by mylove4God(f): 4:02pm On Feb 14, 2019
That is nice, though two years is small but husband beaters should also serve same punishment.

1 Like

Re: Wife Beaters In Edo To Be Jailed For 2 Years As Governor Signs Bill Into Law. by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 4:47pm On Feb 14, 2019
BluntBoy:

My Queen shocked Where have you been?

I have been on NL angry angry or don't you see my comments?What kind of question is this? undecided undecided
Re: Wife Beaters In Edo To Be Jailed For 2 Years As Governor Signs Bill Into Law. by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 4:49pm On Feb 14, 2019
mylove4God:
That is nice, though two years is small but husband beaters should also serve same punishment.
@bold my thoughts as well.
Re: Wife Beaters In Edo To Be Jailed For 2 Years As Governor Signs Bill Into Law. by 9jaBloke: 4:54pm On Feb 14, 2019
I know I'm very late to this party but I just came to say ' Heaven bless the present government of Edo state'. I hope other states will emulate this.
Re: Wife Beaters In Edo To Be Jailed For 2 Years As Governor Signs Bill Into Law. by BluntBoy(m): 6:23pm On Feb 14, 2019
Ladyhippolyta88:

I have been on NL angry angry or don't you see my comments?What kind of question is this? undecided undecided

It is not possible for me to miss my Queen's comments.

It must be the elections. They have made me blind to many other affairs of life.

Forgive me, my goddess. grin
Re: Wife Beaters In Edo To Be Jailed For 2 Years As Governor Signs Bill Into Law. by BluntBoy(m): 7:38pm On Feb 14, 2019
AlhajaChinyere:

Yinmu not every Nigerian is as foolish as you by voting for dishonest, thieving, corrupt, lying individuals expecially that Atiku .....better prepare for Next Level!!!

Don't mind the guy.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Election Observers Describe Enugu LG Polls, Peaceful, Credible / DSS Leaked Letter On #ENDSARS Protest. Please Warn Your Loved Ones / Tinubu Set To Present 2023 Supplementary, 2024 Budgets

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.