Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,266 members, 7,957,655 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 04:55 PM

2011: Alamieyeseigha Heads Jonathan’s Campaign ! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2011: Alamieyeseigha Heads Jonathan’s Campaign ! (4367 Views)

Patience Jonathan’s Look At Alamieyeseigha's Service Of Song (Pictured) / Update On Diepreye Alamieyeseigha’s Death / Jonathan Campaign Bus And Hilux Set On Fire At Suleja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

2011: Alamieyeseigha Heads Jonathan’s Campaign ! by wales(m): 5:49am On Aug 24, 2010
Chief DSP Alamieyeseigha, the former governor of Bayelsa State has taken over headship of the campaign team of President Goodluck Jonathan for the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) presidential ticket in the 2011 polls. The decision was based on the opposition from some northern leaders to the issue of the President Jonathan’s candidature for the 2011 polls and most importantly on the uncoordinated approach of the various groups purporting to be campaigning for the interest of the president.

To give bite to his resolve to ensure that his godson emerges victorious at the PDP primaries, Alamieyeseigha held a meeting at the weekend with selected PDP leaders from various states of the federation under the auspices of the Goodluck Grassroot Movement.

Chief DSP Alamieyeseigha at the meeting stated that Dr. Jonathan’s presidency in 2011 would go a long way to assuage the feeling of marginization against the people of the Niger Delta and that his presidency would showcase the diversity of Nigeria and help to restore confidence to other minority groups who felt they were marginalized.

Meanwhile, Mr. Jimoh Ibrahim, who is the chairman of the Board of Trustees (BoT), Goodluck Grassroot Movement is set to donate over 800 vehicles to the movement for the propagation of the candidacy of President Goodluck Jonathan. According to Ibrahim, the movement was created to ensure that President Jonathan wins the presidential primaries of the PDP whenever it holds.

According to a statement issued by Otunba Wasiu Banjo, the director general of Goodluck Grassroot Movement, it was resolved at the meeting that genuine leaders of the PDP should be mobilized towards ensuring that President Jonathan emerges as the candidate of the PDP at the forthcoming presidential primaries despite the resolve of some northern leaders to uphold the zoning principle which makes the ticket the exclusive preserve of PDP members from the northern part of the country.
Among the notable leaders, who attended the meeting hosted by Jimoh Ibrahim were Senator Rasheed Ladoja, Chris Ukpabi, Silvanus Ngele, Chief Chris Ekpeyong, Sergeant Awuse, Emmanuel Mangni and Kenneth Gbagi.

Others were Victor Nwokolo, Mr. Emmanuel Ibeshi, Frank Ugwu, Vital Opara, Otunba Rueben Famuyibo, Otunba Segun Adekoya and Alhaji Isa Tafida.
Also in attendance were Mr. Y.Y. Sanni, Alhaji Abdul Rahman Abubakar and Mr. Dolapo Balogun.

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2010/aug/24/national-24-08-2010-009.htm

Re: 2011: Alamieyeseigha Heads Jonathan’s Campaign ! by Ikengawo: 5:51am On Aug 24, 2010
lol no shame.
Re: 2011: Alamieyeseigha Heads Jonathan’s Campaign ! by princekevo(m): 5:58am On Aug 24, 2010
Chief DSP Alamieyeseigha, the former governor of Bayelsa State has taken over headship of the campaign team of President Goodluck Jonathan for the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) presidential ticket in the 2011 polls.

We can now see the type of Government GEJ want to Institute for us, when thieves and bail jumpers are the stake holders of his campaign. Well i hope he knows what he is doing.
Re: 2011: Alamieyeseigha Heads Jonathan’s Campaign ! by EzeUche22(m): 6:05am On Aug 24, 2010
And this is where the man loses my vote. He is simply a puppet.
Re: 2011: Alamieyeseigha Heads Jonathan’s Campaign ! by jensinmi(m): 6:41am On Aug 24, 2010
[size=18pt]PDP . . . SHARE THE MONEY!![/size]
Re: 2011: Alamieyeseigha Heads Jonathan’s Campaign ! by Beaf: 7:23am On Aug 24, 2010
The Sun has taken to printing shameless rubbish these days. cry cry cry

Others are speculating entirely differently. . .

[size=27pt]Sambo, Anenih to head Jonathan’s campaign[/size]
Headlines Aug 24, 2010 Share |
By Jide Ajani & Dayo Benson, Political Editor
LAGOS—AHEAD of formal declaration by President Goodluck Jonathan to contest 2011 presidential election, a campaign team headed by Vice-President Namadi Sambo and former Chairman of Board of Trustees, BoT, of Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, Chief Tony Anenih, is already in place.
. . .

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2010/08/24/sambo-anenih-to-head-jonathan%E2%80%99s-campaign/
Re: 2011: Alamieyeseigha Heads Jonathan’s Campaign ! by Nobody: 7:34am On Aug 24, 2010
Beaf:

The Sun has taken to printing shameless rubbish these days. cry cry cry

Others are speculating entirely differently. . .

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2010/08/24/sambo-anenih-to-head-jonathan%E2%80%99s-campaign/
I learnt Jonathan is championing his campaign by himself after learning that Sambo may not really be a winning material,so don't discredit this report yet.
Re: 2011: Alamieyeseigha Heads Jonathan’s Campaign ! by Beaf: 7:36am On Aug 24, 2010
~Bluetooth:

I learnt Jonathan is championing his campaign by himself after learning that Sambo may not really be a winning material,so don't discredit this report yet.

No thats IBB's 10 million Naira bribe speaking through the Sun newspaper. It has always been useless anyway.
Re: 2011: Alamieyeseigha Heads Jonathan’s Campaign ! by yiboboy: 7:40am On Aug 24, 2010
@ topic: I vehemently protest this great injustice meted out to innocent thiefJames onanefe Ibori. angry angry angry
Re: 2011: Alamieyeseigha Heads Jonathan’s Campaign ! by Pukkah: 7:41am On Aug 24, 2010
It says a lot about the person and character of Jonathan that Alamieyeseigha, who still wears the ignoble necklace of a convict on his neck, is the one leading his presidential campaign.  Or has he been granted pardon?

But wait a minute, has Jonathan even declared his interest in the race lest we end up with another unwilling candidate.  The time it has taken him to make up his mind is yet another thing that speaks about the speed and substance of his decision making process.
Re: 2011: Alamieyeseigha Heads Jonathan’s Campaign ! by Nobody: 7:47am On Aug 24, 2010
Beaf:

No thats IBB's 10 million Naira bribe speaking through the Sun newspaper. It has always been useless anyway.
Whatever. . .the issue here is that jonathan should not bring questionable people into his fold and the fact that Alams is his former boss may bring some credibility ot this story.if not,why did he called for a meeting of the campaign stakeholders ?
Re: 2011: Alamieyeseigha Heads Jonathan’s Campaign ! by Beaf: 7:56am On Aug 24, 2010
~Bluetooth:

Whatever. . .the issue here is that jonathan should not bring questionable people into his fold and the fact that Alams is his former boss may bring some credibility ot this story.if not,why did he called for a meeting of the campaign stakeholders ?

How do you know there was any meeting?
Abeg wait for Ima Niboro to give us the koko jare! Thats how the last time someone phoned Rueters claiming to be a presidency source. . . You know the drill, the real presidency source (Niboro) made it known that it was done by "interested parties."
Re: 2011: Alamieyeseigha Heads Jonathan’s Campaign ! by Nobody: 7:56am On Aug 24, 2010
So Alamieyeseigha goes scot free but Ibori fights to get away from the clutches of GEJ and the UK.

This is far more than double standard . . . .
Re: 2011: Alamieyeseigha Heads Jonathan’s Campaign ! by naso2(m): 8:00am On Aug 24, 2010
How Can this be true? All these journalists and there sensational reports. I know NLers will not even question this report, as usual it will be an avenue to attack GEJ.
Re: 2011: Alamieyeseigha Heads Jonathan’s Campaign ! by Nobody: 8:08am On Aug 24, 2010
na_so:

How Can this be true? All these journalists and there sensational reports. I know NLers will not even question this report, as usual it will be an avenue to attack GEJ.
Beaf:

How do you know there was any meeting?
Abeg wait for Ima Niboro to give us the koko jare! Thats how the last time someone phoned Rueters claiming to be a presidency source. . . You know the drill, the real presidency source (Niboro) made it known that it was done by "interested parties."
And while we are waiting for Niboro to come and dispel this information,did you guys know that the information is all over the net ? If the information is false,there should have been a counter-claim since
Re: 2011: Alamieyeseigha Heads Jonathan’s Campaign ! by Ibime(m): 8:09am On Aug 24, 2010
The fact that Alams is part of GEJ's campaign machine is no longer news. . . I thought everyone knew this already. . .
Re: 2011: Alamieyeseigha Heads Jonathan’s Campaign ! by Beaf: 8:12am On Aug 24, 2010
~Bluetooth:

And while we are waiting for Niboro to come and dispel this information,did you guys know that the information is all over the net ? If the information is false,there should have been a counter-claim since

The only source is the sun newspaper. GEJ and Niboro need to plan a counter strike at IBB, he has placed so much false info in the press already.
Maybe the malu just needs to be locked up.
Re: 2011: Alamieyeseigha Heads Jonathan’s Campaign ! by OAM4J: 10:14am On Aug 24, 2010
I hope is not true, else. . .
Re: 2011: Alamieyeseigha Heads Jonathan’s Campaign ! by DeepSoul(f): 10:59am On Aug 24, 2010
Look into the Nigerian Dictionary.

The word 'Shame' is conspicuously absent.

What a . . . .
Re: 2011: Alamieyeseigha Heads Jonathan’s Campaign ! by ADOGBEYI: 12:08pm On Aug 24, 2010
Guys,

Open you eyes! Shine dem well well ooOO! How come this piece of information is only carried in the Sunnewspaper? I have a feeling that IBB has a lot to do with the Sunnewpaper because most of the write-ups are either pro-IBB or anti-Jonathan. I believe IBB uses the Sunnewpaper as one of its press tools.

I will not buy in to this gimmick of his.
Re: 2011: Alamieyeseigha Heads Jonathan’s Campaign ! by Meldrick(m): 12:09pm On Aug 24, 2010
Deep Soul:

What a . . . .

I was just discussing with my colleague on the subject shame not up to 3mins and stumbled on ur contribution. My dear our people have no shame. This man is not supposed to be seen nor heard.
Re: 2011: Alamieyeseigha Heads Jonathan’s Campaign ! by Nobody: 12:17pm On Aug 24, 2010
Deep Soul:

What a . . . .

All ex-convicts in nigeria only come out of prison stronger and more relevant !!!!
Re: 2011: Alamieyeseigha Heads Jonathan’s Campaign ! by BigB11(m): 12:39pm On Aug 24, 2010
It is completely impossible to ask a chicken to give birth to a lion.
Goodluck Jonathan will be pushed around for the rest of his term as our president.

Nigeria needs a leader that has stamina and bold enough to making tough decisions 24/7.
Jonathan can not and will not produce.

Electing Jonathan simply means a longer time in the darkness; absolutely nothing new will be witnessed.
Re: 2011: Alamieyeseigha Heads Jonathan’s Campaign ! by coschuks(m): 12:50pm On Aug 24, 2010
governor campaigning for deputy governor. the first shall become the last and the last shall become the first. Alamieyeseigha, trying to bring out his head once more. that's Nigeria politics, even when out of jail after committing crimes and serving their jail terms, they still have to device a means of fitting-in into the politics. just being shameless, all for money. shocked cry wink
Re: 2011: Alamieyeseigha Heads Jonathan’s Campaign ! by Kx: 1:03pm On Aug 24, 2010
Alarm don blow for GEJ's presidential ambition.
Re: 2011: Alamieyeseigha Heads Jonathan’s Campaign ! by Nobody: 1:05pm On Aug 24, 2010
[size=25pt]OPERATION TOTALITY !!!1[/size]

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

by any means necessary

we shall soon see the lionization of alams
Re: 2011: Alamieyeseigha Heads Jonathan’s Campaign ! by Spyker: 1:13pm On Aug 24, 2010
Falsehood reign supreme in Journalism in Nigeria. Jonathan has not yet declared and rubbish newspapers are publishing thrash for people to read. angry angry angry
Re: 2011: Alamieyeseigha Heads Jonathan’s Campaign ! by Nobody: 1:26pm On Aug 24, 2010
I have always said it, and i still repeat that GEJ is not man enough to hold a leadersip position. He is simply a puppet in the hand of one old otta farmer.

We need MEN not BOYS as President, We need real president and not a ceremonial president.
We need a leader who has experience.
We need then man Alhaji Ibrahim Badamosi Babangida aka IBB
Re: 2011: Alamieyeseigha Heads Jonathan’s Campaign ! by Nobody: 1:30pm On Aug 24, 2010
politics
Re: 2011: Alamieyeseigha Heads Jonathan’s Campaign ! by bisiaet: 1:37pm On Aug 24, 2010
Please posters before anybody condemn Jonathan as per this man called Alamieyeseigha we should be very accurate to ask if it was Jonathan that appointed him or not because all this ranting and noise this man called Jonathan has not open his mouth or wrote a letter to anybody and say here I am for election 2011 or so and so is my campaing whatever. Anybody could come out to say he is the campaing manager or director or whatever names they call themeselve but all we know is Jonathan has not appoint nor call neither say he is for 2011 yet so let every hand rest and stop saying all sorts of things.
Re: 2011: Alamieyeseigha Heads Jonathan’s Campaign ! by Nobody: 1:52pm On Aug 24, 2010
Big B1:

It is completely impossible to ask a chicken to give birth to a lion.
Goodluck Jonathan will be pushed around for the rest of his term as our president.

Nigeria needs a leader that has stamina and bold enough to making tough decisions 24/7.
Jonathan can not and will not produce.

Electing Jonathan simply means a longer time in the darkness; absolutely nothing new will be witnessed.

And you think settling for a tested evil ibb is what we need abi ? Ibb spent 8 years,what did he achieve ? I will rather tear my voter's card than vote for ibb.
Re: 2011: Alamieyeseigha Heads Jonathan’s Campaign ! by Machine007: 1:54pm On Aug 24, 2010
Are u sure there was a meeting at all with Alarm's and the people mentioned but come to think of it, who those people involve in the meeting, out Jimoh, other are not house hold names.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Prof.Tam David-west Criticises Jonathan For Kneeling Before Pastor Adeboye / Breaking News: Mend Claims Responsibility For The Attacked That Killed 4 Nigerian Marine Policemen / Reuben Abati Sidelined As Presidency Hires Doyin Okupe As SSA On Public Affairs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.