Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,882 members, 7,828,137 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:29 AM

Nigerian Currency (faces) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Currency (faces) (22936 Views)

Meaning Of NAIRA (nigerian Currency) / Check Out These Old Nigerian ‪currency‬. Were You Born When These Were In Use? / Aliexpress, Alibaba, Online Sales Of Fake Orijo Nigerian Currency #TakeNoteCBN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Currency (faces) by Ikengawo: 6:14am On Aug 24, 2010
some of the faces on the nigerian currency are of figures that the nigerian populace generally detest, and i dont think this is right since they imposed their own image on them when they were dictating the nation.
some faced i'd like to see replace some of the dubious ones are

Re: Nigerian Currency (faces) by asha80(m): 6:17am On Aug 24, 2010
Ikengawo:

some of the faces on the nigerian currency are of figures that the nigerian populace generally detest, and i dont think this is right since they imposed their own image on them when they were dictating the nation.

Fela Kuti
MKO Abiola
Ken Saro Wiwa
Awolowo
Nkem Akunyili
Ribadu

and Gowon, Babangida and Abacha removed

Are you a nigerian 

is this supposed to be a joke 

Which naira notes that we have pics of Gowon,Babangida and Abacha on it 

By the way Awolowo is on 100 naira note

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Currency (faces) by Nobody: 6:56am On Aug 24, 2010
Ikengawo:

Fela Kuti
MKO Abiola
Ken Saro Wiwa
Awolowo
Dora Akunyili
Ribadu
Fashola
Achebe

#5 has Tafawa Balewa on it
#10 has Alvan Ikoku on it
#20 has Murtala Mohammed on it
#100 has Obafemi Awolowo on it
#200 has Ahmadu Bello on it
#500 has Nnamdi Azikwe on it
#1000 has Alex Isong on it
Can you please tell me what is wrong about these people being on the face of nigeria currency.The three great leaders of the three tribes are represnted.so why Dora ? What good has Babangida,Gowon and Abacha done to us as nation to deserve to be regarded as nigeria heroes ?
Re: Nigerian Currency (faces) by princekevo(m): 11:35am On Aug 24, 2010

Fela Kuti
MKO Abiola
Ken Saro Wiwa
Awolowo
Dora Akunyili
Ribadu
Fashola
Achebe

I forgive myself for all the comment made against you on your threads abt Nigeria, i thought you were a Nigerian.
Re: Nigerian Currency (faces) by Nobody: 2:31pm On Aug 24, 2010
I want Every Nigerian on it. It can be done if you print upto 150mill notes, you can have it. Just have every Nigerian send their pictures and name to an online database where they will be randmly picked while the printing process is going automatically. Every newborn's name will be sent in by the hospitals they were born in,

Fela Kuti, Wole Soyinka and Chinua Achebe ought to be on our notes!!!1
Re: Nigerian Currency (faces) by oladayo042: 2:45pm On Aug 24, 2010
I thought OP posted to a wrong section. Pls go to the jokes section and share ur tales with them.
Re: Nigerian Currency (faces) by Ikengawo: 6:47pm On Aug 24, 2010
i think micheal jackson should be removed from our 20

he's not even nigerian
Re: Nigerian Currency (faces) by Beaf: 7:09pm On Aug 24, 2010
Ikengawo:

Fela Kuti
MKO Abiola
Ken Saro Wiwa
Awolowo
Dora Akunyili
Ribadu
Fashola
Achebe

This thread is so funny, I almost chocked! grin
Re: Nigerian Currency (faces) by AloyEmeka5: 7:15pm On Aug 24, 2010
~Bluetooth:

#5 has Tafawa Balewa on it
#10 has Alvan Ikoku on it
#20 has Murtala Mohammed on it
#100 has Obafemi Awolowo on it
#200 has Ahmadu Bello on it
#500 has Nnamdi Azikwe on it
#1000 has Alex Isong on it
Can you please tell me what is wrong about these people being on the face of nigeria currency.The three great leaders of the three tribes are represnted.so why Dora ? What good has Babangida,Gowon and Abacha done to us as nation to deserve to be regarded as nigeria heroes ?

If we do this by quota system, hausa alone has 3 faces on our currency and Yoruba has only one. We should print a N2000 currency and replace Herbert Macaulays picture in that one. We can now live N1 note open for the highest bidder. If you pay us $1bn, we put your picture on the N1 note.
Re: Nigerian Currency (faces) by Sharonf(f): 7:18pm On Aug 24, 2010
All face value. The actual money is worthless.
Re: Nigerian Currency (faces) by Mobinga: 2:07am On Aug 25, 2010
And put DaGrin
Fashola
Mobinga
Modenine
Re: Nigerian Currency (faces) by ModiKen(m): 12:51pm On Jul 02, 2015
In summary, this thread is a joke. Shikena!

(1) (Reply)

Military Fires GOC Attacked By Convicted Soldiers / Step Aside Now, Lawan Group Tells Saraki / 26 Boko Haram Terrorists Killed As Army Thwart Attack On IDP Camp In Dikwa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.