Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,700 members, 7,813,295 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:29 AM

Zamfara APC: We’ve Not Received Any Letter From AGF —INEC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Zamfara APC: We’ve Not Received Any Letter From AGF —INEC (8139 Views)

APC: We’ve Never Had It This Horrible – Atiku / Constitution Amendment: NASS Splits Minister Of Justice From AGF / Hushpuppi: Police Under Pressure From AGF, Others To Clear Abba Kyari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Zamfara APC: We’ve Not Received Any Letter From AGF —INEC by dre11(m): 1:19pm On Feb 14, 2019
Friday Olokor, Abuja

The Independent National Electoral Commission on Thursday said it had not received a letter purportedly written by the Attorney-General of the Federation and Minister of Justice, Abubakar Malami (SAN), demanding a postponement of the Zamfara State National Assembly, governorship and State House of Assembly elections.

The commission specifically stated that the purported letter could be a fake document emanating from online media.

The AGF had in the letter purportedly demanded a shift in the polls following the decision of the Appeal Court that all parties should return to the status quo in the primaries of the Zamfara State chapter of the All Progressives Congress.

The AGF in the letter which was said to have been written to the INEC chairman, Prof. Mahmood Yakubu and dated February 13, 2019, cited Sections 38 and 39 of the Electoral (Amendment) Act 2010 to support his argument.

Malami purportedly said that the postponement would enable the Zamfara State APC to field candidates for all the positions.

The AGF, according to the letter, reportedly acted upon a petition written by the firm of M.A. Mahmud (SAN) and Co and further advised INEC to comply with the instructions forthwith.

But the INEC Director of Voter Education and Publicity, Oluwole Osaze-Uzezi, told The PUNCH that the commission had yet to receive the letter.

He said, “I said we have not received the letter, but when we get to the bridge, we will cross it. But for now, we have not received any such letter in INEC. It is on social media. How am I sure that it is not one of those social media gimmicks? I can’t comment on something I have not seen; I have made enquiries from the INEC chairman and he said there is nothing like such letter and he has not received any such letter.”

https://punchng.com/zamfara-apc-weve-not-received-any-letter-from-agf-inec/
Re: Zamfara APC: We’ve Not Received Any Letter From AGF —INEC by ChangetheChange: 1:22pm On Feb 14, 2019
grin grin grin
Who is the zombie AGF to give order to INEC not to hold election
Which part of the constitution empowers the zombie AGF to decide whether INEC should accept or reject political party in participating in an election.

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zamfara APC: We’ve Not Received Any Letter From AGF —INEC by PFRB: 1:31pm On Feb 14, 2019
You cannot postpone election because of one party that did not get its acts right.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zamfara APC: We’ve Not Received Any Letter From AGF —INEC by id911(m): 1:32pm On Feb 14, 2019
INEC please ignore that useless AGF. The issue at stake is an internal issue of the Satanic party called APC and AGF doesn't work for APC except he wants to tell us it was APC as a party that employ him and not Nigerians

Bedsides, the Appeal court didn't give any order for INEC to accept APC candidates in Zamfara

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zamfara APC: We’ve Not Received Any Letter From AGF —INEC by NotBeenPaid: 1:32pm On Feb 14, 2019

Na wa o. Shebi we've been told already that APC has no candidates in Zamfara and Rivers respectively..!

I've never seen a ruling party behaving like an opposition party in the history of this country before.

9 Likes

Re: Zamfara APC: We’ve Not Received Any Letter From AGF —INEC by Lokostic77: 1:37pm On Feb 14, 2019
ct2:
“ You can remember in 2015, I was telling the Igbo, to cast their votes for Buhari because he would win with or without the votes of the Igbo.
“I was called all sorts of derogatory names. Some said I was going to Islamise the whole Igbo. Is Igbo land Islamised today?
“Igbo, today, are playing politics with the mindset of traders, thinking only of the immediate benefits, unlike other tribes that are playing real politics.
“My people, listen to me and listen real good, whatever I tell you to do, do it as it will profit us. I’m telling you, today, that Buhari will win.
“On Saturday, if the Igbo support Buhari and he wins, in 2023, Igbo will have the right to demand Igbo presidency. Those who love Igbo nation must vote for President Buhari, because if we miss this chance, we may not get the presidency even by 2023, 2027 or 2031. The time is right for the Igbo nation to play the right politics, so as to have a clear chance by 2023. okorocha
my friend can I ask you this question, are you clamouring for good Nigeria to live or for igbo to be president? I don't mind who become the president of this country so far he perform very well and he carry everybody along

13 Likes

Re: Zamfara APC: We’ve Not Received Any Letter From AGF —INEC by asobo: 1:38pm On Feb 14, 2019
The AGF should respect himself please.

5 Likes

Re: Zamfara APC: We’ve Not Received Any Letter From AGF —INEC by Bizibi(m): 1:39pm On Feb 14, 2019
Lokostic77:
my friend can I ask you this question, are you clamouring for good Nigeria to live or for igbo to be president? I don't mind who become the president of this country so far he perform very well and he carry everybody along
exactly

9 Likes

Re: Zamfara APC: We’ve Not Received Any Letter From AGF —INEC by ChopDeMoney(m): 1:39pm On Feb 14, 2019
Is this true?

Re: Zamfara APC: We’ve Not Received Any Letter From AGF —INEC by Kennydoc(m): 1:43pm On Feb 14, 2019
ct2:
“ You can remember in 2015, I was telling the Igbo, to cast their votes for Buhari because he would win with or without the votes of the Igbo.
“I was called all sorts of derogatory names. Some said I was going to Islamise the whole Igbo. Is Igbo land Islamised today?
“Igbo, today, are playing politics with the mindset of traders, thinking only of the immediate benefits, unlike other tribes that are playing real politics.
“My people, listen to me and listen real good, whatever I tell you to do, do it as it will profit us. I’m telling you, today, that Buhari will win.
“On Saturday, if the Igbo support Buhari and he wins, in 2023, Igbo will have the right to demand Igbo presidency. Those who love Igbo nation must vote for President Buhari, because if we miss this chance, we may not get the presidency even by 2023, 2027 or 2031. The time is right for the Igbo nation to play the right politics, so as to have a clear chance by 2023. okorocha

Rubbish!

Buhari is president yet his people are being killed in Katsina and displaced from their home land. How has Buhari's presidency benefitted the ordinary people of Katsina and Zamfara other than ushering death and destruction to them?

Apart from the elite, presidency rarely benefits the common man in the region the president hails from.
Yorubas accuse Obasanjo of not doing anything for them when he was president, Niger Deltans accuse Jonathan of disappointing the people of Niger Delta during his tenure. Buhari has failed the people of Katsina, Zamfara, Kaduna and the entire North as a whole.

So, why should Igbos vote a failed president because of an unrealistic expectation that he would hand over to them in 2023? Is Tinubu dead that Buhari will hand over to an Igbo man?

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Zamfara APC: We’ve Not Received Any Letter From AGF —INEC by Cherrybae(f): 1:57pm On Feb 14, 2019
We are ready to die for APC, INEC must postpone zamfara and Rivers election or face our wrath.

A word is enough for the wise.
Re: Zamfara APC: We’ve Not Received Any Letter From AGF —INEC by Moventist: 1:59pm On Feb 14, 2019
Cherrybae:
We are ready to die for APC, INEC must postpone zamfara and Rivers election or face our wrath.

Go and postpone it let's see. 50 seats all for PDP in Rivers

2 Likes

Re: Zamfara APC: We’ve Not Received Any Letter From AGF —INEC by AtikuMeansJobs: 2:03pm On Feb 14, 2019
The APC see lagosians as maga who must pay they , with enourmorse resources they deliver mediocre projects and overhype it,then rig election,buy over opposition like pdp which refuse to hold them to account and put them on their toes, the resources available to them is too huge not to have turned lagos to mini duba, monthly allocation from FG, internaly generated revenue, borrowings, special allocation from vat proceed, money from development partners,~ *WE regret voting for the man who promised to reduce fuel pump price but increased it.*
~*WE regret voting for a man who promised not to pay fuel subsidy but paid the most*
~*WE regret voting for a man who promised to convert presidential fleet to national carrier but later fleeced Nigeria in the name of a new national carrier*
~ *WE regret voting for the man who promised to provide 3 million Jobs annually but instead destroyed 12 million Jobs in 3 years according to the NBS.*
~ *WE regret voting for the man who promised to scrap first lady office but appointed 11 aides for the First Lady*
~ *WE regret voting for the man who promised Nigeria economic prosperity but made Nigeria the poverty capital of the world.*
~ *WE regret voting for the man who promise not to treat himself overseas but patronises foreign health facilities at the slightest chance*
~ *WE regret voting for the man who promised to fight corruption but reinstated and promoted the sacked pension fund thief; Abdurrasheed Maina.*
~ *WE regret voting for the man who won his election on 'integrity' slate but harbours a certificate forger, grass cutter, and more in his cabinet*.
~ *WE regret voting for the man who thinks foreign rice is not good for Nigerians but foreign hospitals are good for him.*
~ *WE regret voting for the man who can't provide his credentials.*
~ *WE say No to Buhari in 2019.*BMCs better look for another job now cos they will really be miserable after this election.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zamfara APC: We’ve Not Received Any Letter From AGF —INEC by oloyefemi22: 2:25pm On Feb 14, 2019
story story
Re: Zamfara APC: We’ve Not Received Any Letter From AGF —INEC by chrisxxx(m): 2:25pm On Feb 14, 2019
I am afraid the kind of hatred for Buhari all over Nigeria is alarming. He may be loved in the Northern Islamic stronghold but he is the president of the whole country and not just a section.

2 Likes

Re: Zamfara APC: We’ve Not Received Any Letter From AGF —INEC by NothingDoMe: 2:36pm On Feb 14, 2019
chrisxxx:
I am afraid the kind of hatred for Buhari all over Nigeria is alarming. He may be loved in the Northern Islamic stronghold but he is the president of the whole country and not just a section.
Fact. He should have unified Nigeria, instead he used his limited mindset to scatter this country.

4 Likes

Re: Zamfara APC: We’ve Not Received Any Letter From AGF —INEC by johhbekeboh09: 2:53pm On Feb 14, 2019
dre11:

The author of this post is mumu The guy just exhibiting his ignorance of Nigeria's constitution
Shiorr grin
dre11:

The author of this post is mumu The guy just exhibiting his ignorance of Nigeria's constitution
Shiorr
Re: Zamfara APC: We’ve Not Received Any Letter From AGF —INEC by XaintJoel20: 2:54pm On Feb 14, 2019
Cherrybae:

Rest in peace in advance...

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Zamfara APC: We’ve Not Received Any Letter From AGF —INEC by 4gunners(m): 4:00pm On Feb 14, 2019
chrisxxx:
Let's call a spade a spade, beside the economy downturn of the country which cannot be wholly blamed on Buharu, the major reason for the outcry is because people are no longer getting free money as before. Let's analyse it:

The economy downturn situation is primarily due to the shortfall in oil prices, even rich countries like Saudi Arabia, Russia, Venezuela are also not left out. The problem got amplified due to our mono-economy- oil as the primary source of economy and our lack to savings during the rainy days. Our elites led by the most profligate president went on spending spree, top civil servant had their own share, the acclaimed freedom fighters were not left out. Let me stop there...

Let us be frank, this is the first administration where if you want to steal, you look back twice to see if no one is watching. Everyone is now cautious, shady deals have drastically reduced. Administrators in the Universities are now careful, Directors, PS in the government MDAs are not left out. Let me now ask you, if these set of people will be happy:

Custom officers and their family who before now used to enjoy part of the unremitted government funds.

Jamb officials and their family who before now used to enjoy funds not remitted. Considering the jump in the sum remitted by Jamb in the last 2 years. From few hundred million to Billions of naira.

What of those funds now being remitted by our tax collection agencies (FIRS) . No doubt, some people were enjoying those proceeds before.

Let me stop here. Introduction of TSA, BVN has made life so miserable for those living large on illicit funds. It's not easy to move from corruption driven economy to a market driven economy.

I'm not saying Buhari is that perfect person, no doubt he has his flaws. But the social media negativity about him is overboard.
Re: Zamfara APC: We’ve Not Received Any Letter From AGF —INEC by chrisxxx(m): 5:00pm On Feb 14, 2019
4gunners:
Let's call a spade a spade, beside the economy downturn of the country which cannot be wholly blamed on Buharu, the major reason for the outcry is because people are no longer getting free money as before. Let's analyse it:

The economy downturn situation is primarily due to the shortfall in oil prices, even rich countries like Saudi Arabia, Russia, Venezuela are also not left out. The problem got amplified due to our mono-economy- oil as the primary source of economy and our lack to savings during the rainy days. Our elites led by the most profligate president went on spending spree, top civil servant had their own share, the acclaimed freedom fighters were not left out. Let me stop there...

Let us be frank, this is the first administration where if you want to steal, you look back twice to see if no one is watching. Everyone is now cautious, shady deals have drastically reduced. Administrators in the Universities are now careful, Directors, PS in the government MDAs are not left out. Let me now ask you, if these set of people will be happy:

Custom officers and their family who before now used to enjoy part of the unremitted government funds.

Jamb officials and their family who before now used to enjoy funds not remitted. Considering the jump in the sum remitted by Jamb in the last 2 years. From few hundred million to Billions of naira.

What of those funds now being remitted by our tax collection agencies (FIRS) . No doubt, some people were enjoying those proceeds before.

Let me stop here. Introduction of TSA, BVN has made life so miserable for those living large on illicit funds. It's not easy to move from corruption driven economy to a market driven economy.

I'm not saying Buhari is that perfect person, no doubt he has his flaws. But the social media negativity about him is overboard.
Bros u r right with all this. I wish he was the president before time. Though there areas I am not happy with him.
1. Ceding all vital appointments to his Fulani tribe forms my basis of dislike of him. That action is like empowering just a session of the country.
2. Allowing PDP members to defect to his party. Those who defected were the alleged corrupt ones. They would have finished their cases before defecting.
Re: Zamfara APC: We’ve Not Received Any Letter From AGF —INEC by 4gunners(m): 5:16pm On Feb 14, 2019
chrisxxx:

Bros u r right with all this. I wish he was the president before time. Though there areas I am not happy with him.
1. Ceding all vital appointments to his Fulani tribe forms my basis of dislike of him. That action is like empowering just a session of the country.
2. Allowing PDP members to defect to his party. Those who defected were the alleged corrupt ones. They would have finished their cases before defecting.
You are right with the appointment, it sends a bad signal in a multi ethnic country like Nigeria. But there is nothing he can do on the issue of some people joining his party. There is freedom of association enshrined in our constitution.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Man Insists Obasanjo Is From Anambra And Not Owu / Correction: Its Aniocha Not Onitsha / 2023: Obi Overtakes Tinubu In Lagos - Premium Times

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.