Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,226 members, 7,839,198 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 02:58 PM

Hundreds Of APGA Members Defect To PDP In Anambra - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hundreds Of APGA Members Defect To PDP In Anambra (1411 Views)

500 PDP Members Defect To APC In Kuje, Abuja / Kwankwaso, Melaye and 13 Other Senators Defect To PDP / Three Northern APC Governors To Defect To PDP (Names) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hundreds Of APGA Members Defect To PDP In Anambra by OrientDailyNews: 6:27pm On Feb 14, 2019
By Gabriel Chy Alonta

Hundreds of All Progressive Grand Alliance (APGA) in Anambra state on Wednesday defected to the opposition party, the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).

Orient Weekend gathered that the defectors, drawn across the 21 local government, made up of former APGA chairmen and executives across the state, and they promised to deliver all PDP candidates in the upcoming elections.

Speaking during the defection exercise in Awka, Anambra state campaign director, PDP Presidential Campaign, Dr. Harry Oranezi, described the decision of the defectors as both timely and patriotic, noting that those who chose to play opposition were treading the wrong route.

The campaign director urged the new members of the party to immediately cue into the party’s ideology, stressing that it was only the PDP that is capable of liberating the country in her current woes. He enjoined them to ensure they deliver all the party’s aspirants in all the available positions in the state and at the presidential election, while assuring them of unalloyed support from the party.

Commending the defectors for taking the bold step in joining the party, Oranezi further advised them to make use of their index finger other than the thumb while casting their votes and to ensure they vote out other candidates who do not belong to the PDP.

He further lauded the efforts of senatorial candidate of party in Anambra Central, Sen. Uche Ekwunife, describing her as a fighter with unique ability capable of getting lots of her constituency.

While welcoming the defectors to the PDP, Sen. Ekwunife assured them of total support of the party, appealing they come out to vote out every APGA candidate in the state.

The senatorial candidate in Anambra central further promised to deliver the dividends of democracy to the people of the constituency and the state in general, while also reiterating the Atiku/Obi candidacy as the best.

Earlier, the state chairman of PDP, Hon. Ndubuisi Nwobu, said the party would give the defectors warm welcome, while charging them to deliver all the PDP candidates in all the wards.

One of the defectors, Hon. Ebele Anoliefo, from Awka-Etiti, ward 2 in Idemili South local government area of the state, said APGA presidential candidate, Major General John Gbor, lack the capacity to represent the Igbo nation, calling on people to ensure they deliver all PDP candidates.

On the reason for his defection, he said, “APGA has failed us. The suffering of our people is increasingly worsening every day. We can no longer continue to pretend over it or follow the directives of the present administration in the state to vote their candidates”.

A former youth leader and women leader of APGA, in different interviews bemoaned the neglect of APGA in the state led by Governor Willie Obiano, stressing that they can no longer condone their negligence. They promised to switch allegiance to the PDP by voting massively for the party in the coming election for a better fortune.

https://orientdailynews.com.ng/politics/hundreds-apga-members-defect-pdp/

lalasticlala seun mynd44
Re: Hundreds Of APGA Members Defect To PDP In Anambra by amaniro: 6:31pm On Feb 14, 2019
E go shock Ipob members that day. My people, Igbo people will vote en mass for Atiku Abubakar whether kanu likes it or not.

PDP!!! Power!

1 Like

Re: Hundreds Of APGA Members Defect To PDP In Anambra by nonsobaba: 6:36pm On Feb 14, 2019
grin grin Those fools are just deceiving themselves. Even the PDP chairman in Anambra state was planted on that seat by APGA cheesy Everything Anambra eats, drinks, inhale and exhale is APGA.

1 Like

Re: Hundreds Of APGA Members Defect To PDP In Anambra by NothingDoMe: 6:38pm On Feb 14, 2019
nonsobaba:
grin grin Those fools are just deceiving themselves. Even the PDP chairman in Anambra state was planted on that seat by APGA cheesy Everything Anambra eats, drinks, inhale and exhale is APGA.
Don't be so sure. That's all I'll say.
Re: Hundreds Of APGA Members Defect To PDP In Anambra by nwanyionitsha: 6:46pm On Feb 14, 2019
NothingDoMe:
Don't be so sure. That's all I'll say.
Leave that afonja that knows nothing of the SE.
Re: Hundreds Of APGA Members Defect To PDP In Anambra by AtikuMeansJobs: 7:26pm On Feb 14, 2019
Like our elders use to say that Unless and Until
an Aching Tooth is Clinically and Completely
Pluck out of the mouth, The mouth must eternally chew with bitterness . This itchy fingered party called APC must be pluck out of our PRETTY BODY) come this weekend.Anyone observing the Apc campaign in Katsina? They are not talking about anything on their performance and result?
All I keep hearing is Pdp this Atiku that.
These Apc is really out of idea and no wonder Nigeria is in comatose

1 Like

Re: Hundreds Of APGA Members Defect To PDP In Anambra by globemoney: 7:26pm On Feb 14, 2019
nwanyionitsha:
Leave that afonja that knows nothing of the SE.
Pdp is dead in Anambra. You are not from Anambra if you don’t know this.. that is why they are spreading fake news everywhere. Have you seen APGA spreading any news about PDP?
Re: Hundreds Of APGA Members Defect To PDP In Anambra by nwanyionitsha: 8:44pm On Feb 14, 2019
globemoney:

Pdp is dead in Anambra. You are not from Anambra if you don’t know this.. that is why they are spreading fake news everywhere. Have you seen APGA spreading any news about PDP?
Well ,in my own area of Anambra state, Pdp is alive. Thank you. Vote your choice.
Re: Hundreds Of APGA Members Defect To PDP In Anambra by magoo10(m): 9:03pm On Feb 14, 2019
Anambra will definitely Atikulate
Peter obi is their very own home boy
Re: Hundreds Of APGA Members Defect To PDP In Anambra by globemoney: 9:19pm On Feb 14, 2019
nwanyionitsha:
Well ,in my own area of Anambra state, Pdp is alive. Thank you. Vote your choice.
You are not from Anambra State sorry. maybe pdp is popular in your state not Anambra
Re: Hundreds Of APGA Members Defect To PDP In Anambra by nwanyionitsha: 10:02pm On Feb 14, 2019
globemoney:

You are not from Anambra State sorry. maybe pdp is popular in your state not Anambra
I am from Anambra state, Onitsha north lga to be precise and Pdp is popular in my area.
Re: Hundreds Of APGA Members Defect To PDP In Anambra by globemoney: 10:05pm On Feb 14, 2019
nwanyionitsha:
I am from Anambra state, Onitsha north lga to be precise and Pdp is popular in my area.
Who won onitsha north in the last Anambra governorship election? Let’s start from there
Re: Hundreds Of APGA Members Defect To PDP In Anambra by nwanyionitsha: 10:22pm On Feb 14, 2019
globemoney:

Who won onitsha north in the last Anambra governorship election? Let’s start from there
We are talking about presidency here.

(1) (Reply)

Violence Erupts In Kano After Ganduje Was Declared Winner - Tribune / DSP: “l Don’t Beat About The Bush, Ignore Me At Your Peril" - Kalu Warns / Governor Elect, Seyi Debunks Rumour Says "He Can't Paid 30,000 Minimum Wage"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.