Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,410 members, 7,815,914 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:53 PM

What I Told INEC About Elections In Zamfara – AGF Malami - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What I Told INEC About Elections In Zamfara – AGF Malami (16015 Views)

Peter Obi Legal Team In Heated Argument With INEC About Subpoena Refusal / Oshiomhole Told INEC APC Had Agreed On Direct Primary In Edo — 3 Days Before NWC / Sowore: AGF Malami Orders DSS To Hands-Off Trial, Takes Over Case-file (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What I Told INEC About Elections In Zamfara – AGF Malami by allthingsgood: 5:21am On Feb 15, 2019
The Attorney General of the Federation (AGF), Abubakar Malami (SAN) has denied reports in social media that he had asked the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) to postpone the elections in Zamfara State.

In a statement by his spokesman, Othman Isah, the AGF said the aim of the social media reports is to confuse the electorate and Nigerians at large and/or to portray the ruling government as insensitive to the electoral process

ADVERTISEMENT

He explained that he received a letter from a counsel in the matter M.A Mahmud informing his office of the subsisting Court of Appeal decision in CA/S/22/2019 “which effectively upheld the APC primaries in Zamfara State.”

“It is pertinent to note that the constraining circumstances that led to the delay in fielding a candidate were caused by INEC’s refusal to comply with the Zamfara State High Court Judgment which upheld the said APC primaries. INEC had relied on a Federal High Court Decision which nullified the primaries. However, the Court of Appeal decision in reference has now effectively overturned this decision and upheld the said APC primaries,” he said.

ADVERTISEMENT

“It is also relevant to reiterate the provisions of sections 38 and 39 of the Electoral Act, 2010, which allows INEC the latitude and discretion to extend the time within which a political party may duly field a candidate for an election where unforeseen circumstances constrained such a party from doing so within the stipulated time frame.

“It is therefore our position that shutting a candidate out of the elections despite a subsisting Court of Appeal decision mandating otherwise would lead to a miscarriage of justice and certainly not in the interest of giving all parties in Zamfara state a level playing field. Our letter to INEC is therefore in line with the subsisting Court of Appeal decision as well as Sections 38 and 39 of the Electoral Act, 2010.

“It is at this point mandatory to reiterate that the issue for contention by the parties before the trial and appellate court were in no way and by no stretch of imagination extend to the presidential election which at any rate was not an issue contemplated for determination by the trial and appellate court.

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/what-i-told-inec-about-elections-in-zamfara-agf-malami.html

4 Likes

Re: What I Told INEC About Elections In Zamfara – AGF Malami by handie(m): 5:25am On Feb 15, 2019
February 16th is a coupla hours away. By 18th, You know who will cry to UK, EU, US, UN, AU, ECOWAS, IPOB, MEND, MASSOB, FIFA, UEFA, ENGLISH FA, CAF, NFF, etc. But las las, their cries no go change the outcome...... I no call person name so o

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What I Told INEC About Elections In Zamfara – AGF Malami by vicdom(m): 5:27am On Feb 15, 2019
cheesy
Shut up!! You don't have any moral right to write to INEC which is presumed independent. And even you is supposed not be partisan, for you must be apolitical as a custodian of our constitution. It's sad that all the appointments this incongruous and lifeless person at the helm of country's affairs are nitwits who don't know their onions.

42 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What I Told INEC About Elections In Zamfara – AGF Malami by Racoon(m): 5:36am On Feb 15, 2019
Does this corrupt AGF-Malami fully knows what it means for INEC to be truly independent? So he should not act for it because there is an act/decree establishing the body.

You dont upsurp its functions via executive fiat. Meanwhile, INEC also have it own legal department.So let them counsel it appropriately & accordingly.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: What I Told INEC About Elections In Zamfara – AGF Malami by aolawale025: 6:12am On Feb 15, 2019
He has no such powers.....simple

5 Likes

Re: What I Told INEC About Elections In Zamfara – AGF Malami by magoo10(m): 6:49am On Feb 15, 2019
At these kind of times there will be concocted orders in the name of presidency to deceive the gullible. INEC should stand firm
Apc are bunch of scammers

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What I Told INEC About Elections In Zamfara – AGF Malami by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:04am On Feb 15, 2019
PDP keep dishing out false information to their supporters, who swallow it like a bait.

The day of reckoning is here upon you guys.

FeBuhari 16th 2019, here we come....

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: What I Told INEC About Elections In Zamfara – AGF Malami by yrex01(m): 7:04am On Feb 15, 2019
handie:
February 16th is a coupla hours away. By 18th, You know who will cry to UK, EU, US, UN, AU, ECOWAS, IPOB, MEND, MASSOB, FIFA, UEFA, ENGLISH FA, CAF, NFF, etc. But las las, their cries no go change the outcome...... I no call person name so o
they will even beg MURIC to come to der rescue n save d democracy. LWKMD. bro u get bad mouth

5 Likes

Re: What I Told INEC About Elections In Zamfara – AGF Malami by tempest01(m): 7:05am On Feb 15, 2019
The letter is online for all to see...No need for the Attorney General of APC to explain himself.

Never have we seen this level of partisanship by state institutions. Kudos to INEC and NGSTATS

10 Likes

Re: What I Told INEC About Elections In Zamfara – AGF Malami by princemillla(m): 7:05am On Feb 15, 2019
OK na
Re: What I Told INEC About Elections In Zamfara – AGF Malami by ayodaisi: 7:06am On Feb 15, 2019
Don't mind PDP cry cry baby

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What I Told INEC About Elections In Zamfara – AGF Malami by vastolord4(m): 7:06am On Feb 15, 2019
Seriously it is visible to the blind and audible to the deaf that apc is shaking and swimming in fright

1 Like

Re: What I Told INEC About Elections In Zamfara – AGF Malami by gratiaeo(m): 7:07am On Feb 15, 2019
Seriously is APC an opposition party

4 Likes

Re: What I Told INEC About Elections In Zamfara – AGF Malami by dust144(m): 7:12am On Feb 15, 2019
Will bet9ja close offices tomorrow?
Re: What I Told INEC About Elections In Zamfara – AGF Malami by natureboy2(m): 7:13am On Feb 15, 2019
Fixeds2:
See prove bellow!!!

Oga play your sure games and win millions for yourself.
Abi you don't want to win millions ni?? undecided

6 Likes

Re: What I Told INEC About Elections In Zamfara – AGF Malami by handie(m): 7:13am On Feb 15, 2019
yrex01:
they even beg MURIC to come to der rescue n save d democracy. LWKMD. bro u get bad mouth
Ah! Bros, so u know who? Well, I no call person name o

1 Like

Re: What I Told INEC About Elections In Zamfara – AGF Malami by chuckdelis: 7:14am On Feb 15, 2019
Is he the AGF of Nigeria or APC because i don't get it?
Re: What I Told INEC About Elections In Zamfara – AGF Malami by Koskio(m): 7:22am On Feb 15, 2019
Have you advised Buhari to obey the valid court orders that asked him to release Dasuki and El Zakzaky?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What I Told INEC About Elections In Zamfara – AGF Malami by arabbunkum: 7:24am On Feb 15, 2019
God is the only person that made apc not to field candidates in both zamfara and Rivers.

2 Likes

Re: What I Told INEC About Elections In Zamfara – AGF Malami by mysteriousman(m): 7:31am On Feb 15, 2019
This country is just cursed with shemeless unrepentant deceitful leaders
Re: What I Told INEC About Elections In Zamfara – AGF Malami by Halo22: 7:43am On Feb 15, 2019
I have said it before and I want to reiterate that this AGF( Abubakar Malami) or whatever they call him, is not fit to be a customary court president. How can a SAN be ignorant of the fact that he is not supposed to meddle in partisan matters even as an AGF? This is what you get when an all round stark illiterate gets to power.

2 Likes

Re: What I Told INEC About Elections In Zamfara – AGF Malami by lagosrd: 7:50am On Feb 15, 2019
Who the hell are you to instruct Inec at this crucial time. Very partisan and unprofessional lawyer. Have you now become the court of law that interprets court orders.
Re: What I Told INEC About Elections In Zamfara – AGF Malami by AtikuMeansJobs: 8:00am On Feb 15, 2019
buhari asked for one billion dollars to buy weapons for our soldiers. But our soldiers are now releasing videos expressing the fact that they have no sophisticated weapons to fight with. They said they have no weapon to match that of Boko Haram. So, we don't know what Buhari has done with the one billion dollars. For months now, we have been asking him to explain. His failures to provide adequate weapons for our soldiers has left too many of our soldiers dead.
And what shall we say about the herdsmen that have been killing people during the Buhari time? I believe that the biggest fail of this administration is having no regard for human life. It's like they are not even moved. At least 20,000 people that didn't have to die have died under Buhari's watch. Several towns and villages have been completely wiped out by herdsmen in Nigeria and Buhari has refused to declare these herdsmen as terrorists. He declared IPOB as terrorists in 2017 even though they did not kill anybody. If the herdsmen were not fulanis like himself, a lot of people believe he would have declared them as terrorists. But he has refused to. These herdmen displaced more than 80,000 people in Benue state alone.

2 Likes

Re: What I Told INEC About Elections In Zamfara – AGF Malami by asobo: 8:03am On Feb 15, 2019
If only Malami could ask himself were his predecessor is presently. Adoke tenure didn't even have much criss like his. Malami's learned colleagues are even disenchanted are happy with several of his misconducts.

This is just a damage control on his own side.
Re: What I Told INEC About Elections In Zamfara – AGF Malami by Twakor: 8:58am On Feb 15, 2019
You better go and bet on who will win this election.

No need for e-rats and e-fighting. Put your money where your mouth is

Re: What I Told INEC About Elections In Zamfara – AGF Malami by kutuno: 9:23am On Feb 15, 2019
ATTEND THIS PROFESSIONAL DIGITAL MARKETING MASTER-CLASS AND BE A CERTIFIED DIGITAL MEDIA PROFESSIONAL IN 2019 - NO BOREDOM. NO BLATHERING. NO BULLSHIT. 100% PRACTICAL!

The truth is this social media likes don’t necessarily turn to leads that eventually can turn to sales.

To be the Digital Media Marketer Employers and clients want to hire - you need to understand how to implement the digital media marketing mix - paid and guerilla marketing, social media management, build inbound traffic, content creation for Ads, create designs needed for your Ads campaign and email marketing etc

AREAS TO BE COVERED IN THIS INTENSIVE TRAINING

The Breakdown of Curriculum that covers EVERYTHING you would practically learn during the training period can be obtained on the website link in banner or better still reach our customer care to request for curriculum sent to you via email

FEES: N28,000 - DISCOUNT FOR EARLY PAYMENT
N30,000 - PAYMENT ON TRAINING DAY

DATE: intensive training ongoing

TIME (10am – 2pm) – Time subject to changes for flexibility

PERIOD: 4 Weeks Marathon Training (Weekends and 3 times a Week training available but with higher charges)

CERTIFICATION: Certificates issued At End of Training at a little extra cost

VENUE: IKEJA LAGOS (UNLIMITED INTERNET WIFI AVAILABLE!)

REQUIRED: Just Your Laptop and passion for online and digital media

OUR FIRM GUARANTEE: THIS OUR GUARANTEE - WE WONT TRAIN YOU THE WAY EVEN SOME OF THE BIGGEST ICT TRAINING CENTERS & NAMES IN NIGERIA DO (SOME USUALLY TEACH NONSENSE, IF YOU KNOW, YOU KNOW) - WE WILL TRAIN AND IMPACT YOU TO BE AN ICT PROFESSIONAL WITH JOB-READY KNOWLEDGE DURING AND AFTER GRADUATION - YES, WITH 1,000% MONEY-BACK GUARANTEE

Contacts and Website on Banners
Re: What I Told INEC About Elections In Zamfara – AGF Malami by OGHENAOGIE(m): 9:46am On Feb 15, 2019
so because of one party elections shd be postponed...malemi de craze

(1) (2) (Reply)

President Tinubu Didn’t Present Empty Budget Box – Doguwa / Why We Did Not March With Oby & Bbog Group To The Villa---chibok Parents / Baba Ari Visits Abba Kyari In Abuja (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.