Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,005 members, 7,849,060 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 02:02 PM

Multiple PVCs And Effect On The Number Of Eligible Voters. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Multiple PVCs And Effect On The Number Of Eligible Voters. (9773 Views)

APC To INEC: We Demand To Know The total Number Of Eligible Voters / Ebonyi INEC Office Fire: PVCs And Other Items Destroyed (Photos) / The Total Number Of Eligible Voters In The 6 Geopolitical Zones In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Multiple PVCs And Effect On The Number Of Eligible Voters. by Alejob: 3:35pm On Feb 15, 2019
Why I won't be voting for Buhari tomorrow

1. The OPEN corruption at Nigeria Immigration OFFICES (inflated price of International Passport) continued unabated under his watch

2. NTA is still unprofessional and attracts less view even now (he doesn't even watch NTA)

3. Nigeria Police still collect bribe and sadly under Buhari the Army joined for the first time

4. Buhari son that has not worked in his life had a multimillion naira powerbike even when his father borrowed to get his party nomination ticket just some 3 plus years ago

5. No forward thinking organisation or country will appoint someone in the age category of Buhari to turn the organization around.
Re: Multiple PVCs And Effect On The Number Of Eligible Voters. by Hamid7(m): 3:38pm On Feb 15, 2019
This country has so many loopholes and unless they are closed, the loopholes will keep draining our efforts.
Re: Multiple PVCs And Effect On The Number Of Eligible Voters. by BIGDADDY000(m): 3:39pm On Feb 15, 2019
QUITE POSSIBLE MY BROTHER ESPECIALLY FROM DIFFERENT POLLING UNITS,
OR DIFFERENT LOCAL GOVERNMENT, THE CARD READER WILL ACCEPT IT.
Re: Multiple PVCs And Effect On The Number Of Eligible Voters. by gfullmoon(m): 3:39pm On Feb 15, 2019
CodeTemplar:
Nigeria is not a proper country I tell you. The funny thing is that southerners are the ones enforcing the single PVC rules mostly.
There should be a central and super computer that matches fingerprint from every new registration against every other existing one. This thing requires a lot of computer resource but isn't out of the reach of Nigerian government financially and infrastructurally.

INEC don't have spent a dime, all the need is to make the NIN issued by NIMC and verification compulsory before one registers Voters Card.
Re: Multiple PVCs And Effect On The Number Of Eligible Voters. by Nobody: 3:40pm On Feb 15, 2019
CodeTemplar:
Thank you sir. A close inspection of the PVC registration process shows that there is no provision for prevention of multiple registration. People just assume because they are registered with computerized processes, there must be some form of check for this. It is a quiet scam.
So explain to us how you can beat the system in place now because you haven’t said much of anything.
Re: Multiple PVCs And Effect On The Number Of Eligible Voters. by Nobody: 3:43pm On Feb 15, 2019
Originakalokalo:

My question is this,

Is it possible to have multiple pvc?

If yes, can the person use them all to vote?

People have multiple pvc in the North..... I don't know how they pulled that off.

Someone may be seen carrying as much as 8pvc.

These might not be stolen... One person just manipulate his name's and get registered multiple times.

What is INEC doing concerning this?

finger prints covers all. Once ur finger print are in inecs database. It accepts only one pvc.

1 Like

Re: Multiple PVCs And Effect On The Number Of Eligible Voters. by mfm04622: 3:44pm On Feb 15, 2019
Originakalokalo:

My question is this,

People have multiple pvc in the North..... I don't know how they pulled that off.

These might not be stolen... One person just manipulate his name's and get registered multiple times.

You can register many times but you can't get more than one PVC! The system validates finger prints before allowing PVC to be printed! Even b efore this time, the facility was there! For 2007 election, when i went to register, i was asked to thumbprint. Then the official asked me my name. When i told him, he told me my address and other information and told me if i wanted to the place to be my polling unit. I agreed and that was all!
Even if you have multiple PVC and it was not purged from system, where is the time for you to go from one polling unit to others? In 2015, i left the polling unit around 10 pm! And i was fully on ground, ensuring nobody that is not in my front vote before me!
Re: Multiple PVCs And Effect On The Number Of Eligible Voters. by DaRuud(m): 3:48pm On Feb 15, 2019
Good day Inya and Ben , I just want to give some basic tips against tomorrow's election
1. Dont eat food that will run your stomach
2. Carry some snacks and bottle water .
3. Carry a valid ID along side your PVC
4. Get an earpiece connected to your phone and listen to Nigeria Info
5. You might need enough cash to buy some few things
6. Wear light cloth
7. Carry umbrella the one without any political party logo
8. Avoid unnecessary discussions
9. Dont look for wife and husband there .

. 100 cast your vote as instructed by INEC

You can thank me later.

Originakalokalo:

My question is this,

Re: Multiple PVCs And Effect On The Number Of Eligible Voters. by DaRuud(m): 3:48pm On Feb 15, 2019
Good day Inya and Ben , I just want to give some basic tips against tomorrow's election
1. Dont eat food that will run your stomach
2. Carry some snacks and bottle water .
3. Carry a valid ID along side your PVC
4. Get an earpiece connected to your phone and listen to Nigeria Info
5. You might need enough cash to buy some few things
6. Wear light cloth
7. Carry umbrella the one without any political party logo
8. Avoid unnecessary discussions
9. Dont look for wife and husband there .

. 100 cast your vote as instructed by INEC

You can thank me later.

Originakalokalo:

My question is this,

Re: Multiple PVCs And Effect On The Number Of Eligible Voters. by Vince77(m): 3:52pm On Feb 15, 2019
Having multiple PVCs is a very big error in the design of the device.

Even if you manipulate your name, can you also manipulate your fingerprints? The device and database should have been designed such that the moment you put your fingers on it, it should detect that the fingerprint already exists in the database and you should be rejected and arrested.

If the device can't do this, then it's bad programming, very bad programming.
Re: Multiple PVCs And Effect On The Number Of Eligible Voters. by Nobody: 3:53pm On Feb 15, 2019
Originakalokalo:

My question is this,

First of all, INEC is to be blamed for not developing a sophisticated website /database that detects double registration just like that of NIMC

secondly, Greed amongst some Nigerians as a result of vote buying hence the reason for multiple PVCS cos more PVC more money as it were
Re: Multiple PVCs And Effect On The Number Of Eligible Voters. by YakubuA: 3:54pm On Feb 15, 2019
Originakalokalo:

My question is this,

Please stop spreading lies.

Who are the people in the north that have multiple pvcs? Do you have any evidence? North consists of 3 geopolitical zones. Can you be specific which state, which local govt and if possible names of the people?
"may be seen" Have you seen any? Have you report to the police?
If the security agents contact you can you show these people to them? If you cannot answer these questions then please stop misleading people with lies.

We are praying to have free and peaceful elections knowing fully well that a northerner is likely to win the election tomorrow.

Seun Please find a way of sanctioning this of kind person otherwise s/he may incite violence with his or her unsubstantiated false claims and accusations.

1 Like

Re: Multiple PVCs And Effect On The Number Of Eligible Voters. by SaintBuhari: 4:13pm On Feb 15, 2019
This is a serious issue and their is a need for INEC to sanitize the voters register. I believe INEC tech. guys are conversant with tools and strategies they can employ to improve the quality of the register but do they have the will? are they guided by the ethics of their profession? Or are they subservient to dictators. Maybe the current state of the register tends to benefit someone because cost is not an issue here but lack of professionalism.
One thing is certain, its already too late to make any alterations on the current voters register. However work can be done towards improving the integrity of the voters register by 2023. But, I reemphasize , only if they have the will, moral and professional capacity.
Re: Multiple PVCs And Effect On The Number Of Eligible Voters. by stanisbaratheon: 4:13pm On Feb 15, 2019
I have 2 PVCs. I misplaced my old PVC and since I moved from where I use to live, I had to register for another one in my new LGA of residence. Fast forward to January this year, I found my old PVC.

The funny thing about the new one is that it's not on INEC online register, but the old one is.
Re: Multiple PVCs And Effect On The Number Of Eligible Voters. by johnpalmer774(m): 4:16pm On Feb 15, 2019
Originakalokalo:

My question is this,

Plssss keep this ur question to urself I would have take u serious had been u didn’t include North in ur question having double or triple Voters Card does not restricted to one particular region alone it’s covered the entire country as a matter of fact I have a friend here in Lagos with 2 PVC one in Surulere while the other is In Ogba so stop been bias with ur question and before u call me all sorts of names like Aboki or Fulani am a Yoruba boy from Osun born and grew up in Mushin Lagos. thanks

Re: Multiple PVCs And Effect On The Number Of Eligible Voters. by olmoRoc: 4:26pm On Feb 15, 2019
Originakalokalo:

My question is this,

Until every Nigerian is issued a National ID which also doubles as a voter's card, the electoral process will never become free and fair, and the ease of obtaining multiple PVCs will not be eliminated.

Now you wonder why the national ID scheme has been dragging on since the 70s.
Re: Multiple PVCs And Effect On The Number Of Eligible Voters. by Originakalokalo(m): 4:34pm On Feb 15, 2019
When they register your finger prints, they simply store it... They don't run it to check if anyone has registered with it before....

I tell you the truth...Some People have multiple pvc.
Re: Multiple PVCs And Effect On The Number Of Eligible Voters. by ionsman: 4:42pm On Feb 15, 2019
I have a friend who has two. He said he'll vote with one tomorrow and then travel to Imo in a fortnight to make use of the other. I was surprised, like how did you pull it off.

Now I know it's possible.

1 Like

Re: Multiple PVCs And Effect On The Number Of Eligible Voters. by CodeTemplar: 5:15pm On Feb 15, 2019
KingOfThisnDat:
So explain to us how you can beat the system in place now because you haven’t said much of anything.
With the flaw in the system it still needs some level of collusion by trusted individuals to hack it. The popular one is a chief head in one of the northern part intimidating the INEC guys and the INEC guy allows people with multiple card vote many times.
Re: Multiple PVCs And Effect On The Number Of Eligible Voters. by mfm04622: 5:26pm On Feb 15, 2019
Originakalokalo:

My question is this,

Seun, this op's assertion that Northerners have more than one PVC is nothing but fake news and this thread need to be deleted except the op can provide evidence of such!
Re: Multiple PVCs And Effect On The Number Of Eligible Voters. by mechanics(m): 5:30pm On Feb 15, 2019
According to INEC, it's not possible to have multiple registration.

1 Like

Re: Multiple PVCs And Effect On The Number Of Eligible Voters. by jayloms: 5:32pm On Feb 15, 2019
This may be true. Somebody said something about registering in 2011 but was unable to pick the PVC before he relocated and decided to try the registration again at his new location and surprisingly he got his PVC. This can only mean two things. Either his PVC for 2011 is no longer valid or INEC database is seriously flawed. It would be a concern if both PVCs are valid to cast votes tomorrow.
Re: Multiple PVCs And Effect On The Number Of Eligible Voters. by themanderon: 9:40pm On Feb 15, 2019
mfm04622:

Seun, this op's assertion that Northerners have more than one PVC is nothing but fake news and this thread need to be deleted except the op can provide evidence of such!

I served in the north and I am privy to what goes on there during elections. One of my students that was not up to 18yrs that was in jss2 then had five different permanent, I repeat permanent voters card bearing different names but with his picture.
Southerners are eternally messed up in this useless country of ours. The whole game has been rigged from the beginning against southerners and some useful idiots amongst us are helping them carry out the heist.
Re: Multiple PVCs And Effect On The Number Of Eligible Voters. by mfm04622: 10:36pm On Feb 15, 2019
themanderon:

I served in the north and I am privy to what goes on there during elections. One of my students that was not up to 18yrs that was in jss2 then had five different permanent, I repeat permanent voters card bearing different names but with his picture.
Southerners are eternally messed up in this useless country of ours. The whole game has been rigged from the beginning against southerners and some useful idiots amongst us are helping them carry out the heist.

I am living in the North! trying to game the system is not limited to the North! Which year were you referring to? If it is earlier than 2015, i can understand. If it is 2015, please find out if he was able to use more than one to vote! Remember INEC also purged the register before the new registration was opened

1 Like

Re: Multiple PVCs And Effect On The Number Of Eligible Voters. by mfm04622: 10:37pm On Feb 15, 2019
CodeTemplar:
With the flaw in the system it still needs some level of collusion by trusted individuals to hack it. The popular one is a chief head in one of the northern part intimidating the INEC guys and the INEC guy allows people with multiple card vote many times.

Such can be removed later and many have been removed
Re: Multiple PVCs And Effect On The Number Of Eligible Voters. by fof1: 1:21am On Feb 16, 2019
CodeTemplar:
Thank you sir. A close inspection of the PVC registration process shows that there is no provision for prevention of multiple registration. People just assume because they are registered with computerized processes, there must be some form of check for this. It is a quiet scam.

D INEC REGISTRATION SYSTEM HAD BN COMPROMISED SINCE THIS CORRUPT APC CAME TO POWER, MAKING IT POSSIBLE FOR THIS MENANCE ESPECIALLY IN D NORTH OF NIGERIA. IT IS NO NEWS OR RUMOUR. PEOPLE HAVE SUBVERTED D INTEGRITY OF D INEC VOTER REGISTRATION DATA BASE.
Re: Multiple PVCs And Effect On The Number Of Eligible Voters. by ezugegere(m): 1:38am On Feb 16, 2019
I pity Southerners when they speak grammar. Nigerian politics is not grammar. The north is far ahead in the game. I personally know many people with multiple PVCs. It is very easy to vote multiple times with the help of the incident form. If the card reader doesn't accept your card, they'd simply give u form; u fill and vote. That's how they rock in the north. That's why Buhari refused to sign the electoral act into law.
Re: Multiple PVCs And Effect On The Number Of Eligible Voters. by Rach12: 2:53am On Feb 16, 2019
[color=#000099][/color]See below

Re: Multiple PVCs And Effect On The Number Of Eligible Voters. by CodeTemplar: 11:58am On Feb 16, 2019
mfm04622:

Such can be removed later and many have been removed
The question is how many has been checked? few.
Re: Multiple PVCs And Effect On The Number Of Eligible Voters. by mfm04622: 12:51pm On Feb 16, 2019
CodeTemplar:
The question is how many has been checked? few.

Not few! There was a significant reduction in number of registered voters before new registration started
Re: Multiple PVCs And Effect On The Number Of Eligible Voters. by Alanguru: 9:26am On Feb 17, 2019
Don't forget that, after accreditation and voting your finger is stained with permanent ink. Also, there is a queue with a lot of people waiting and will so not let you shunt...

(1) (2) (Reply)

Peter Afunanya: Professional Side Of Yusuf Magaji Bichi / Senate To Receive 2nd Batch Of Ministerial List Today / Akwa Ibom State Election - Akpabio loses re-election bid!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.