Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,167 members, 7,835,906 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:17 PM

"Atiku Doesn't Make Profits From American University Nigeria" - AUN Graduate - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Atiku Doesn't Make Profits From American University Nigeria" - AUN Graduate (1180 Views)

Lagos - Calabar Coastal Highway: Atiku Doesn't Understand Figures- David Umahi / NTA Refuses To Broadcast Atiku’s AUN Founder’s Day Even After Receiving Payment / Man Climbs Telecom Mast To Protest ‘land Encroachment’ By Atiku’s AUN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Atiku Doesn't Make Profits From American University Nigeria" - AUN Graduate by HigherEd: 5:42pm On Feb 15, 2019
AUN speaks up for Atiku Abubakar in her final appeal for votes.

Lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: "Atiku Doesn't Make Profits From American University Nigeria" - AUN Graduate by HigherEd: 5:49pm On Feb 15, 2019
People should be sensible and stop attacking Atiku for building a University. What I know is Atiku being a believer in the private sector built an excellent university in Adamawa(not Lagos or even Abuja).

While I blame Atiku for building a US styled university in Adamawa which is so close to the boko haram insurgency, I am still amazed as to how he could attract wealthy members of the public to still bring their kids over to AUN despite the risks. For AUN to attract the son of the President of Uganda; Uganda a country which houses East Africa's best rated university(Makerere) shows Atiku is capable of making Nigeria look better than it really is and probably improving our FDI.

And Atiku was confident enough in what he built that his own son graduated from the same school. Our so called austere president took his own children and put them in UK universities far away from the chaos of a Nation he once ruled.

Go check NUC's records which I have seen, Covenant University and Atiku's AUN are the only two universities founded before 2010 that have never lost an accreditation since the day they were founded. This is the reason why NUC does not release rankings,because it wold embarrass the federal govt when extremely young universities like Elizade start outpacing the likes of UI and UNN.

AUN to a degree is reducing education tourism, bringing inflow of cash from foreign students and blazing the trail on how higher institutions should be run.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "Atiku Doesn't Make Profits From American University Nigeria" - AUN Graduate by rusher14: 6:01pm On Feb 15, 2019
Atiku is a world renowned thief.

6 Likes

Re: "Atiku Doesn't Make Profits From American University Nigeria" - AUN Graduate by Nobody: 6:02pm On Feb 15, 2019
rusher14:
The same university he built while in power
He is a very big thief

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Atiku Doesn't Make Profits From American University Nigeria" - AUN Graduate by rusher14: 6:04pm On Feb 15, 2019
anjigirl:
He is a very big thief

No amount of whitewashing can change Atiku's reputation of being a thief.

Imagine the nerve to claim he doesn't do it for the money.

So Atiku is now a philanthropist?

7 Likes

Re: "Atiku Doesn't Make Profits From American University Nigeria" - AUN Graduate by HigherEd: 6:08pm On Feb 15, 2019
rusher14:
A world renowned thief who was previously being romanced by Mr Integrity until it was no longer convenient.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Atiku Doesn't Make Profits From American University Nigeria" - AUN Graduate by Okoroawusa: 6:08pm On Feb 15, 2019
He started INTELS when he was still a Customs Officer n built AUN when he was a Vice President.

let me help you

ATIKU IS NOT CORRUPT O!

You happy now?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Atiku Doesn't Make Profits From American University Nigeria" - AUN Graduate by Obaiyski(m): 6:12pm On Feb 15, 2019
Seeing is believing.. I think Atiku is a better movement

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Atiku Doesn't Make Profits From American University Nigeria" - AUN Graduate by rusher14: 6:14pm On Feb 15, 2019
HigherEd:

A world renowned thief who was previously being romanced by Mr Integrity until it was no longer convenient.

Atiku sought a platform through which he could launch his dying political career.

He got into APC but was quickly ostracized.

Politics and the freedom of association makes room for strange bedfellows, yet the philosophy and paradigm weeds the wheat from the chaff.

Atiku was the chaff.

Still is.

2 Likes

Re: "Atiku Doesn't Make Profits From American University Nigeria" - AUN Graduate by CodeTemplar: 6:18pm On Feb 15, 2019
When it comes to civic issues I know Nigerians are the definition of delusion. They are quick to assume private school owners make profit but can't prove it or show any schools making such profits.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Atiku Doesn't Make Profits From American University Nigeria" - AUN Graduate by Afamed: 6:19pm On Feb 15, 2019
anjigirl:
He is a very big thief
His co traveler, Obj also built his University while they were in power. Ironically, while they were building their private universities . ASUU was on strike which lasted for 3 months in 1999/ 2000 while another strike lasted for 5 months in 2003

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Atiku Doesn't Make Profits From American University Nigeria" - AUN Graduate by HigherEd: 6:20pm On Feb 15, 2019
Okoroawusa:
He started INTELS when he was still a Customs Officer n built AUN when he was a Vice President.
What is strange about starting INTELS when he was a Customs officer? Do you think a person needs to be corrupt to start a company? Even unemployed people starts companies in their unemployment.

Many of the prominent buildings at AUN were even donated o. E.g Aisha Kande hostel, Pastor's library etc.

While I am not trying to say Atiku is free of corruption I would only appreciate an argument that is logical.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Atiku Doesn't Make Profits From American University Nigeria" - AUN Graduate by rusher14: 6:21pm On Feb 15, 2019
CodeTemplar:
When it comes to civic issues I know Nigerians are the definition of delusion. They are quick to assume private school owners make profit but can't prove it or show any schools making such profits.

Can you prove a pastor is a scamner?

1 Like

Re: "Atiku Doesn't Make Profits From American University Nigeria" - AUN Graduate by Nobody: 6:21pm On Feb 15, 2019
If you say Atiku is a thief, bring forth evidence. Prove that you are an intelligent being, and not just a zombie regurgitating what he was told at bmc headquarters.

meanwhile..

If you will vote for Atiku/Obi, hit like.

If you will vote Mamman/Kyari, hit share.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Atiku Doesn't Make Profits From American University Nigeria" - AUN Graduate by Afamed: 6:23pm On Feb 15, 2019
ikennaf1:
If you say Atiku is a thief, bring forth evidence. Prove that you are an intelligent being, and not just a zombie regurgitating what he was told at bmc headquarters.

meanwhile..

Before you vote on Saturday, consider these two confessional statements.
Buhari: I've never stolen.
Atiku: I will not steal again.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Atiku Doesn't Make Profits From American University Nigeria" - AUN Graduate by haywire07(m): 6:23pm On Feb 15, 2019
Well, I don't blame this girl. She's a brat of a single mother and probably doesn't know how much students pay in an average Nigerian university. That's why she thinks because her mum could afford it, then it's cheap.

Anyone who has been to AUN can testify that when you see a Nigerian staff there, he is most likely a gateman, security guard or a gardener .

She even said Atiku apologized that there were no Jobs grin grin.
I mean anyone who has paid visits to various politicians will understand this conventional deceit.
She's just being freaked by meeting a celebrity/politician

Do not pay attention to threads like this, it's coming from a brat

1 Like

Re: "Atiku Doesn't Make Profits From American University Nigeria" - AUN Graduate by rusher14: 6:24pm On Feb 15, 2019
HigherEd:

What is strange about starting INTELS when he was a Customs officer? Do you think a person needs to be corrupt to start a company? Even unemployed people starts companies in their unemployment.

Many of the prominent buildings at AUN were even donated o. E.g Aisha Kande hostel, Pastor's library etc.

While I am not trying to say Atiku is free of corruption I would only appreciate an argument that is logical.

You do know that's illegal, don't you?

Apart from the morality issue of conflict if interest.

Come on now.

Is this how far the Nigerian youth has fallen as relates business conduct, ethics and even knowledge of the public service rules?
Re: "Atiku Doesn't Make Profits From American University Nigeria" - AUN Graduate by CodeTemplar: 6:24pm On Feb 15, 2019
rusher14:

Can you prove a pastor is a scamner?
Some people do insure their stupidity. I hope I am not talking to one.

2 Likes

Re: "Atiku Doesn't Make Profits From American University Nigeria" - AUN Graduate by SalamRushdie: 6:25pm On Feb 15, 2019
rusher14:

we will soon know who the real world renowned thief is

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Atiku Doesn't Make Profits From American University Nigeria" - AUN Graduate by rusher14: 6:25pm On Feb 15, 2019
CodeTemplar:
Some people do insure their stupidity. I hope I am not talking to one.

Look in the mirror and repeat statement.
Re: "Atiku Doesn't Make Profits From American University Nigeria" - AUN Graduate by rusher14: 6:26pm On Feb 15, 2019
SalamRushdie:

we will soon know who the real world renowned thief is

grin

Game over.
Re: "Atiku Doesn't Make Profits From American University Nigeria" - AUN Graduate by otokx(m): 6:28pm On Feb 15, 2019
All these stories will end by tomorrow.

2 Likes

Re: "Atiku Doesn't Make Profits From American University Nigeria" - AUN Graduate by Nobody: 6:29pm On Feb 15, 2019
Afamed:

Even those caught red handed in the act of stealing will deny if they can. Need proof? visit the crime section.

2 Likes

Re: "Atiku Doesn't Make Profits From American University Nigeria" - AUN Graduate by haywire07(m): 6:29pm On Feb 15, 2019
HigherEd:
AUN speaks up for Atiku Abubakar in her final appeal for votes.

Well, I don't blame this girl. She's a brat of a single mother and probably doesn't know how much students pay in an average Nigerian university. That's why she thinks because her mum could afford it, then it's cheap.

Anyone who has been to AUN can testify that when you see a Nigerian staff there, he is most likely a gateman, security guard or a gardener .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Atiku Doesn't Make Profits From American University Nigeria" - AUN Graduate by CodeTemplar: 6:30pm On Feb 15, 2019
Afamed:

Bad communication corrupts good manners. Is Tinubu, Ameachi and Babachir pure?

1 Like

Re: "Atiku Doesn't Make Profits From American University Nigeria" - AUN Graduate by HigherEd: 6:31pm On Feb 15, 2019
Afamed:

His co traveler, Obj also built his University while they were in power. Ironically, while they were building their private universities . ASUU was on strike which lasted for 3 months in 1999/ 2000 while another strike lasted for 5 months in 2003
There is no president in Nigeria that has escaped ASUU strike nor would any ever escape as long as people keep paying less than $100/annum for school fees.

While Naija govt is really poor, they aren't magicians either. If Harvard which is wealthier than all Nigerian states by virtue of its endowment still charges $70,000/annum then how would you pay $50 dollars and want Harvard standard.

UK wants to fund free education for all, US wants to fund free education for all but the numbers aren't adding up in both societies' govt so the people pay the price by taking massive loans which some of them can't pay till they die.

So its a choice
Free but non functional universities OR Expensive education but functional universities. It's our choice...

3 Likes

Re: "Atiku Doesn't Make Profits From American University Nigeria" - AUN Graduate by Jman06(m): 6:31pm On Feb 15, 2019
Honestly, some people are just trying hard to tarnish this man's image! And I wonder, to what end? Just because of a VP position??!

I know a guy from my village who graduated from one of the federal universities and served in AUN. Right now the guy is in the UK doing his postgraduate studies on scholarship awarded by Atiku! This is an Igbo guy o, not Hausa!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Atiku Doesn't Make Profits From American University Nigeria" - AUN Graduate by HigherEd: 6:32pm On Feb 15, 2019
haywire07:

There are certain requirements to running American Universities anywhere, it really isn't about Atiku. The idea of American Universities is to provide exact American curriculum while creating an American culture. So he just has to recruit Americans.

1 Like

Re: "Atiku Doesn't Make Profits From American University Nigeria" - AUN Graduate by CodeTemplar: 6:34pm On Feb 15, 2019
rusher14:

Look in the mirror and repeat statement.
In what mirror? Maybe you should rephrase your initial statement and ask yourself if it makes sense. Then ask yourself if you spoke well.

2 Likes

Re: "Atiku Doesn't Make Profits From American University Nigeria" - AUN Graduate by rusher14: 6:37pm On Feb 15, 2019
CodeTemplar:
In what mirror? Maybe you should rephrase you initial statement and ask yourself if it makes sense. Then ask yourself if your spoke well.

Signs of dementia?
Re: "Atiku Doesn't Make Profits From American University Nigeria" - AUN Graduate by HigherEd: 6:37pm On Feb 15, 2019
rusher14:

You do know that's illegal, don't you?

Apart from the morality issue of conflict if interest.

Come on now.

Is this how far the Nigerian youth has fallen as relates business conduct, ethics and even knowledge of the public service rules?

I thought you were inferring that Atiku stole customs money to start intels.
As regards public service rules I am quite informed about the stance of that regulation. If Atiku was found to have contravened that regulation then he should be made to pay the penalty. Of which I am sure the penalty wouldn't exceed a requirement to return earned salary during his customs days and probably a forfeiture of his retirement benefits from customs.

1 Like

Re: "Atiku Doesn't Make Profits From American University Nigeria" - AUN Graduate by CodeTemplar: 6:42pm On Feb 15, 2019
rusher14:

Signs of dementia?
Android phone forced that error. if that is sign of dementia then your initial post is a confirmation among other things.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Congratulations PMB! Igbos Can't Fault Your Re-election. / Why Are Most Newspapers Now Written In Hausa? / Reno Omokri Reacts As Buhari Signs Minimum Wage Bill Into Law "Good Leadership"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.