Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,882 members, 7,813,996 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:53 PM

Jonathan To Pick Northerner As Campaign Chief - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan To Pick Northerner As Campaign Chief (944 Views)

"Jonathan’s Campaign Chief,Others Divert 155bn Oil Money To Zambian Officers"-PT / APC Formed To Install A Northerner As President - EDWIN CLARK / Atiku Customise Shoes As Campaign Souvenir Ahead Of 2015 (picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan To Pick Northerner As Campaign Chief by Beaf: 4:12pm On Aug 24, 2010
[size=14pt]Jonathan to pick northerner as campaign chief[/size]
Font size:   Yusuf Alli, Abuja 24/08/2010 02:20:00

DESPITE threats from governors, President Goodluck Jonathan is expected to declare his interest in next year’s poll in early September.

But no date has been fixed yet by his strategists, who are still consulting those to be appointed as members of the campaign team.

As part of preparations for his declaration, there were indications yesterday that the President may have settled for a northerner to serve as Director-General (DG) of his campaign.

Investigation by The Nation revealed that after consultations with his strategists, it was agreed that the President should brave the odds and declare his ambition.

It was learnt that three candidates have been short-listed for the post of DG of the President’s campaign organisation. The President will choose one of the three.

The issue formed a major discussion at the review meeting President’s with his team at the weekend.

A source, who spoke in confidence, said: "Wherever the opposition is coming from, the President has made up his mind to declare interest in the 2011 presidential race.

"The President has been fair to all stakeholders, including governors, by putting them into confidence on his aspiration and why he needs their support.

"At the meeting, the President and his strategists settled for either first or second week in September to declare his intent, depending on the timetable of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) and guidelines from the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).

"They have not firmed up the actual date that the President would make his declaration."

Responding to a question, the source added that the President’s campaign team is being constituted ahead of the declaration.

He said: "Very soon, a Director-General will be appointed out of the three candidates already recommended to the President.

"The three candidates are still being screened but one thing I am sure of is that whoever is the eventual Campaign Director-General will be a northerner.

"The challenge at hand for the President is how to make an inroad into the North. And events in the last few weeks have shown appreciable progress on the part of the President in terms of reaching out to the North.

"The President wants the coordinator of his campaign to come from the North to underscore his determination to unite the country."

It could not be immediately ascertained if the choice of a northerner as Campaign DG is being informed by the alleged snatching of Dr. Raymond Dokpesi (who was initially favoured by Jonathan’s camp) by ex-President Ibrahim Babangida’s group.

Governors elected on the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) are expected to meet today in Abuja as part of the search for a consensus presidential candidate among them for their party’s primaries.

http://thenationonlineng.net/web3/news/10787.html
Re: Jonathan To Pick Northerner As Campaign Chief by EzeUche22(m): 4:16pm On Aug 24, 2010
And we care?

He provides more of the same. The more I hear about this man, the more I dislike him.
Re: Jonathan To Pick Northerner As Campaign Chief by naso2(m): 4:23pm On Aug 24, 2010
EzeUche22:

And we care?
He provides more of the same. The more I hear about this man, the more I dislike him.

And who cares if you care? keep your vote and advice your brothers to do likewise. Una gra gra self don too much.
Re: Jonathan To Pick Northerner As Campaign Chief by Beaf: 4:25pm On Aug 24, 2010
EzeUche22:

And we care?

My guy, running around calling yourself "we" is a sign of self esteem issues o!
Its the same self esteem issues that make you such a brainless tribalist too.

Better believe it, noone cares about puny little haters that call themselves "we."  Na sign off small d.i.c.k be dat! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Jonathan To Pick Northerner As Campaign Chief by Beaf: 4:49pm On Aug 24, 2010
Sahara reporters seems to have been hacked, but here is a quote all the same.

[size=14pt]Ibrahim Badamosi Babangida-Murders, Corruption and Destruction Of Nigeria [/size]

In his latest effort to capture the loyalty of the national press and ensure optimal coverage in their pages, former Nigerian dictator Ibrahim Babangida ferried some of the country's top media execs to a lavish press conference under the stars at his Hilltop Mansion in Minna, Niger State.

While at it, he praised the professionals for their skill at the craft and invoked his love for the free press. The journalists, overcome perhaps by the kind words, took the bait. No unpleasant questions, like why would he close down newspaper houses and murder a top journalist -Dele Giwa- via a letter bomb? Babangida responded to the question anyway. He told his distinguished guests that his respect for the "sanctity of life" would not have permitted him to kill journalist Giwa. His visitors (mostly editorial board chairs of major media houses in Nigeria) then passed over another opportunity to ask: why would he kill his friend, Mamman Vatsa, over a fake coup plot?

Too good an item to keep this curious meeting under wraps, word soon leaked out that IBB gave these journalists N10 million as "transport fare". Some of these men and women swiftly reached out to SaharaReporters to debunk the part of our story that they got N10 million each,  some honestly admitted that they got a paltry gift of N250,000 from the "Evil Genius. Our accountants have told us that going by the number of 40 journalists in attendance, we are still around the same ballpark of N10 million. Plus, IBB handlers said the general doesn't pay his bribes at once, so, he considers that with this partial payment, favorable reporting in the press throughout his already doomed presidential campaign should be considered a "layaway".

Could this be another IBB set-up of the national media chiefs?

http://www.saharareporters.com/photo/ibbs-n10-million-photo-op-media-executives
Re: Jonathan To Pick Northerner As Campaign Chief by Gbawe: 5:39pm On Aug 24, 2010
Beaf, I am surprised to see that you are quick to post this article . In your desperation to dispel the Alamayeseigha rumour you miss what is very obvious: Jonathan is zoning the position of campaign manager to the North !!!! Jonathan , of all people, should not be saying that he has "settled for a Northerner" as his campaign Manager because that means , in essence , Jonathan will subscribe to zoning of office , rather than stick with meritorious appointment consistently, if he is the beneficiary. This action seems to bear out the argument of those who proclaim that  Jonathan does not have abiding principles. 

"The President wants the coordinator of his campaign to come from the North to underscore his determination to unite the country."

Some would argue that precisely what is written above could be stated by those in defence of zoning the Presidency !!!! Acting honourably all the time is the only way to ensure you don't look like you lack hounour and integrity in future.
Re: Jonathan To Pick Northerner As Campaign Chief by Beaf: 5:47pm On Aug 24, 2010
Gbawe:

Beaf, I am surprised to see that you are quick to post this article . In your desperation to dispel the Alamayeseigha rumour you miss what is very obvious: Jonathan is zoning the position of campaign manager to the North !!!! Jonathan , of all people, should not be saying that he has "settled for a Northerner" as his campaign Manager because than means , in essence , Jonathan will subscribe to zoning of office , rather than stick with meritorious appointment consistently, if he is the beneficiary. This action seems to bear out the argument of those who proclaim that Jonathan does not have abiding principles.

Some would argue that precisely what is written above could be stated by those in defence of zoning the Presidency !!!! Acting honourably all the time is the only way to ensure you don't look like you lack hounourand integrity in future.

I'm sorry, but your post doesn't make any sense to me. How does the work of fiction above relate to any matter in this thread or in the article?
I don't get it, are you trying to outdo sunnews in the ability to make up falsehoods?
Na wa o! shocked

--Shudders--
Re: Jonathan To Pick Northerner As Campaign Chief by sjeezy8: 5:59pm On Aug 24, 2010
EzeUche22:

And we care?

you mad? dont worry boy 2015 or 19 hopely the fulaniman Olubukola SARAKI will be president of Nigeria after Jonathan term is over mayb hell get an igbo as VP.
Re: Jonathan To Pick Northerner As Campaign Chief by Nobody: 6:09pm On Aug 24, 2010
He can pick his campaign manager from Niger Republic or Chad if he likes.

It will still be up to Jonathan to demonstrate that Jonathan can lead.
Re: Jonathan To Pick Northerner As Campaign Chief by Gbawe: 6:15pm On Aug 24, 2010
Beaf:

I'm sorry, but your post doesn't make any sense to me. How does the work of fiction above relate to any matter in this thread or in the article?
I don't get it, are you trying to outdo sunnews in the ability to make up falsehoods?
Na wa o! shocked

--Shudders--

You have discredited yourself so much that I am beginning to feel sorry for you.  If the article you provide is true , then Jonathan  is politically naive along with his many rabid supporters.  The opponents of Jonathan will have a field day showing Mr.President's lack of honour and integrity with his insistence that his campaign manager must be from the North while he tries to defy the constitutional provision of the PDP that the 2011 President must be a Northerner.

Pointless trying to argue the notion of abiding principles with you since you are the same chap that lied that the PDP had "zoned the Presidency to the SS" when the political Party had merely concluded that Jonathan can run as an appendage of the Northern ticket of Yar Adua.
Re: Jonathan To Pick Northerner As Campaign Chief by Nobody: 6:18pm On Aug 24, 2010
sjeezy8:

you mad? dont worry boy 2015 or 19 hopely the fulaniman Olubukola SARAKI will be president of Nigeria after Jonathan term is over mayb hell get an igbo as VP.
Abeg no kill eze joy. . .ibo 2015 is sure that is if obj decided to give them anyways the vp thing is a stepping stone.
Re: Jonathan To Pick Northerner As Campaign Chief by naso2(m): 6:19pm On Aug 24, 2010
@Gbawe

GEJ picking a campaign manager from the north is only a strategy to win some northern votes and has little or no connection with the PDP zoning argument. I somehow feel you know our political history enough to substantiate this.

Gbawe will never see threads like this: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-502234.0.html shocked shocked
Re: Jonathan To Pick Northerner As Campaign Chief by Beaf: 6:32pm On Aug 24, 2010
Gbawe:

You have discredited yourself so much that I am beginning to feel sorry for you.  If the article you provide is true , then Jonathan  is politically naive along with his many rabid supporters.  The opponents of Jonathan will have a field day showing Mr.President's lack of honour and integrity with his insistence that his campaign manager must be from the North while he tries to defy the constitutional provision of the PDP that the 2011 President must be a Northerner.

Pointless trying to argue the notion of abiding principles with you since you are the same chap that lied that the PDP had "zoned the Presidency to the SS" when the political Party had merely concluded that Jonathan can run as an appendage of the Northern ticket of Yar Adua.

What in Gods name are rattling on about? Have you seen the topic title? Did you read the article?
Charlie, e be like say you get comprension problem o! shocked

@topic
This is the real problem with dishonest papers like the sun that has been publishing false stories about Jonathans campaign grin.
Its IBB's 10 milla gifts.

Re: Jonathan To Pick Northerner As Campaign Chief by Nobody: 6:36pm On Aug 24, 2010
na_so:

@mikeansy

GEJ picking a campaign manager from the north is only a strategy to win some northern votes and has little or no connection with the PDP zoning argument. I somehow feel you know our political history enough to substantiate this.

I like to think your post is for Gbawe, I have no problem with where he chooses his campaign manager from. Like I said he can pick one from Chad or Niger Republic if he likes. Thats his business.

All I want from Jonathan Lameduck is LEADERSHIP.
Re: Jonathan To Pick Northerner As Campaign Chief by naso2(m): 6:38pm On Aug 24, 2010
mikeansy:

I like to think your post is for Gbawe, I have no problem with where he chooses his campaign manager from. Like I said he can pick one from Chad or Niger Republic if he likes. Thats his business.

All I want from Jonathan Lameduck is LEADERSHIP.

My error. I already modified it.
Re: Jonathan To Pick Northerner As Campaign Chief by Gbawe: 7:41pm On Aug 24, 2010
na_so:

Gbawe will never see threads like this: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-502234.0.html shocked shocked

I saw the thread but it is not worth commenting on. Power supply can be boosted artificially , with very little effort , because of the sheer corruption and cabalism that ensures that , even if insufficent , what we generate is distributed at far below optimal level.

The articles permeating cyberspace about increase in power supply are distorted IMO because my area of Surulere has not seen significant improvement.  This is mere Propaganda similar to how Yar Adua was labelled the "most fiscally responsible Governor in Nigeria" .

An enduring solution to our power woes will only be secured by a Government that understands the need for privatisation that must be aided by the drastic reduction of corruption in energy generation, transmission and distribution through a total and unbending commitment to the principle that the power sector must not be an area where "awon boys must chop" . OBJ's daughter (Iyabo) 'won' contracts under OBJ's NIPP scheme despite the fact that she has no experience in the sector at all. !!! That is what we will see under Jonathan despite all cleverly articulated plans and propaganda . We have seen similar "laudable" endeavours fail in the past because the will to fight corruption was absent while deciet and double-speak was abundant.
Re: Jonathan To Pick Northerner As Campaign Chief by Beaf: 9:28pm On Aug 24, 2010
Gbawe:

[size=14pt]I saw the thread but it is not worth commenting on. Power supply can be boosted artificially , with very little effort , because of the sheer corruption and cabalism that ensures that , even if insufficent , what we generate is distributed at far below optimal level. [/size]

The articles permeating cyberspace about increase in power supply are distorted IMO because my area of Surulere has not seen significant improvement. This is mere Propaganda similar to how Yar Adua was labelled the "most fiscally responsible Governor in Nigeria" .

An enduring solution to our power woes will only be secured by a Government that understands the need for privatisation that must be aided by the drastic reduction of corruption in energy generation, transmission and distribution through a total and unbending commitment to the principle that the power sector must not be an area where "awon boys must chop" . OBJ's daughter (Iyabo) 'won' contracts under OBJ's NIPP scheme despite the fact that she has no experience in the sector at all. !!! That is what we will see under Jonathan despite all cleverly articulated plans and propaganda . We have seen similar "laudable" endeavours fail in the past because the will to fight corruption was absent while deciet and double-speak was abundant.

Damn! Each time I want to have a good laugh, all I have to do is look at one of Gbawe's ridiculous and voluminous alphabet collections. Damn!
It's so easy to boost power supply artificially. . . and nobody has done it all these years!!!! Wow!!!

Na wa o!

www.nairaland.com/attachments/180447_ROTFLMAO_gif3d0c775232c7f27cf80592785b9635b6

That thread is full of hard facts as told by real families and business people, but e be like say you de like only threads were lies de yanfun yanfun! Those ones are "worth your comment." Hmmmmmmmm.
Re: Jonathan To Pick Northerner As Campaign Chief by Gbawe: 9:42pm On Aug 24, 2010
Beaf:

Damn! Each time I want to have a good laugh, all I have to do is look at one of Gbawe's ridiculous and voluminous alphabet collections. Damn!
It's so easy to boost power supply artificially. . . and nobody has done it all these years!!!! Wow!!!

Na wa o!

www.nairaland.com/attachments/180447_ROTFLMAO_gif3d0c775232c7f27cf80592785b9635b6

That thread is full of hard facts as told by real families and business people, but e be like say you de like only threads were lies de yanfun yanfun! Those ones are "worth your comment." Hmmmmmmmm.

Olodo. Jonathan has virtually all the extortionist 'awon boys' behind him at the moment . No sensible Nigerian can deny that . It will not be difficult to get them to 'behave' till the project is achieved. Yesterdays saboteurs becomes todays partner all with the target of everyone becoming bloated with wealth once Uncle Joe is fully in charge in 2011. I really pity you. Your "hard facts" are propagandist lies . Start a thread now to ask[b] Nigerians [/b] about power supply in their area. Let us put propaganda to the test.
Re: Jonathan To Pick Northerner As Campaign Chief by Beaf: 9:53pm On Aug 24, 2010
Gbawe:

Olodo. Jonathan has virtually all the extortionist 'awon boys' behind him at the moment . It will not be difficult to get them to 'behave' till the project is achieved. Yesterdays saboteurs becomes todays partner all with the target of everyone becoming bloated with wealth once Uncle Joe is fully in charge in 2011. I really pity you. Your "hard facts" are propagandist lies . [size=14pt]Start a thread now to ask[b] Nigerians [/b] about power supply in their area. Let us put propaganda to the test.[/size]

Are you this much of a joker? You haven't even been able to comment on the thread na_so pointed to you, yet you want a new one? shocked
Maybe it would be one where some clown declares that Bode George is now in charge of power. Ode.

Go to that thread and argue that the people it refers to are yesterdays saboteurs turned into todays "extortionist 'awon boys'". Its the general public you are talking about here.
How you have come to the conclusion that "extortionist 'awon boys'" and "saboteurs" could have wrought the incredible savings families and businesses are making from the current power situation is totally beyond logic.

Charlie, if you take to clowning, you will most likely break many court jesting records. Damn! shocked shocked grin grin
Re: Jonathan To Pick Northerner As Campaign Chief by Gbawe: 9:58pm On Aug 24, 2010
Beaf:

Are you this much of a joker? You haven't even been able to comment on the thread na_so pointed to you, yet you want a new one? shocked
Maybe it would be one where some clown declares that Bode George is now in charge of power. Ode.

Go to that thread and argue that the people it referres to are yesterdays saboteurs turned into todays "extortionist 'awon boys'". How you have come to the conclusion that "extortionist 'awon boys'" and "saboteurs" could have wrought the incredible savings families and businesses are making from the current power situation is totally beyond logic.

Charlie, if you take to clowning, you will most likely break many court jesting records. Damn! shocked shocked grin grin

You are the forum's biggest clown. 'Goodluck' with trying to turn stone into water.

(1) (Reply)

Why Is It That Our Governors Are Not Doing Anything Concerning Road Issues? / ‘ Any Pdp Candidate Will Win In Lagos’ / I Knew I Would Leave Prison Alive - Obasanjo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.