Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,681 members, 7,831,112 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:52 PM

Did Atheists Saw In The Spiritual To Be Very Sure That God Do Not Exist? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Did Atheists Saw In The Spiritual To Be Very Sure That God Do Not Exist? (2995 Views)

Everything Becomes Spiritual To You When You Lack Common Sense / How You Can Know For Sure That You Will Go To Heaven When You Die / I Transfer The Money I Spend From The Spiritual To My Bank Account - Bishop (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did Atheists Saw In The Spiritual To Be Very Sure That God Do Not Exist? by JujuSugar(f): 12:03am On Feb 19, 2019
paxonel:
bush man!
This is not how ad populum is applied.

Google it incase you have missed your general studies

ad populum simply means apeal to the populace,

What i posted is a data extracted from wikipaedia,
Do you even know what wikipaedia is?

Do you think wikipaedia will just apeal to the populace?
What populace?
Nigeria?

You must be an illiterate big joke, go and sleep jo grin
Fair enough, I will confess i was quick to comment and did not notice that your post was a reply to another moniker......
However, I've skimmed through this thread with utmost disgust at the poor quality of arguments you've employed.....
Hence my quick quoting of your moniker......
I have neither the time nor hopelessness to engage in e-fights at this hour, so i'll let your insulting remarks slide...for now.....
I assume you're looking to have a reasonable debate, unless maybe I'm wrong and you're the type who just wants to hear himself talk....
So I'm going to ask these questions, then tomorrow (or anytime) if you want to have an argument, we'll move on from here......
a/ Have you any evidence that would be acceptable in a court of law or in a science classroom in any secular university that the god of the Christians actually exists?
b/ Since I consider evidence is required before evaluating claims, why should I believe your claim to be a Christian?
c/ Have you read your bible from cover from cover?
d/ In conjuction with the previous question, what stories in the bible are almost identical to stories that predate the bible?
e/ I believe in the Flying Spaghetti monster. Now prove he doesn't exist
I'm a girl by the way
Re: Did Atheists Saw In The Spiritual To Be Very Sure That God Do Not Exist? by paxonel(m): 3:50pm On Feb 19, 2019
JujuSugar:

Fair enough, I will confess i was quick to comment and did not notice that your post was a reply to another moniker......
However, I've skimmed through this thread with utmost disgust at the poor quality of arguments you've employed.....
Hence my quick quoting of your moniker......
I have neither the time nor hopelessness to engage in e-fights at this hour, so i'll let your insulting remarks slide...for now.....
I assume you're looking to have a reasonable debate, unless maybe I'm wrong and you're the type who just wants to hear himself talk....
everyone are talking. Talk is meant for eveyone, you are talking i am talking so whats your point ??

So I'm going to ask these questions, then tomorrow (or anytime) if you want to have an argument, we'll move on from here......
a/ Have you any evidence that would be acceptable in a court of law or in a science classroom in any secular university that the god of the Christians actually exists?
no court has ever barred a christian in a secular world from going to church simply because he believes that God exist.

b/ Since I consider evidence is required before evaluating claims, why should I believe your claim to be a Christian?
put it this way, since you have refused to see the evidence i presented on this thread, why should you believe my claim?

c/ Have you read your bible from cover from cover?[/b]lie, you did not.
[quote]
d/ [b] In conjuction with the previous question, what stories in the bible are almost identical to stories that predate the bible?
i have never seen any one story that predate bible, or do you have any?
I am eagar to learn

e/ I believe in the Flying Spaghetti monster. Now prove he doesn't exist
I'm a girl by the way
it doesnt matter!
It is your willingness to know new things that matter.

But if you are not willing to know there is absolutely nothing i can do.

I mean, whether you are christian or not it doesn't change anything. You are perculiar and good the way you are, and me that believes i am perculiar and good as well.

But one truth that will prevail, before you can convince a christian that there is no God you will first have to understand what the christian has understood that makes him believe that God exist for you to counter him and convince him properly. Otherwise, you are chasing a wild goose
Re: Did Atheists Saw In The Spiritual To Be Very Sure That God Do Not Exist? by JujuSugar(f): 4:10pm On Feb 19, 2019
paxonel:
everyone are is talking. Talk is meant for eveyone, you are talking i am talking so whats your point ??
My point is your arguments are poor and i'm here to show you why.......

no court has ever barred a christian in a secular world from going to church simply because he believes that God exist.
*Whistle!!!*
Offside! Leave that ball and come back into the discussion, sir!.....
Everyone is free to believe what he believes. You are answering another question....
So let me rephrase it for you: Where is your objective, dependable evidence which can be accepted worldwide, that your christian god exists?

paxonel:

put it this way, since you have refused to see the evidence i presented on this thread, why should you believe my claim?
You have presented no reasonable evidence. Hence this reversal of my initial question fails horribly.....
Re: Did Atheists Saw In The Spiritual To Be Very Sure That God Do Not Exist? by JujuSugar(f): 4:15pm On Feb 19, 2019
paxonel: c/ Have you read your bible from cover from cover?[/b]lie, you did not.
Its a simple question. Answer yes or no.

i have never seen any one story that predate bible, or do you have any?
I am eagar to learn
Ever heard of the Epic of Gilgamesh? Let's begin with that

it doesnt matter!
It is your willingness to know new things that matter.

But if you are not willing to know there is absolutely nothing i can do.

I mean, whether you are christian or not it doesn't change anything. You are perculiar and good the way you are, and me that believes i am perculiar and good as well.

But one truth that will prevail, before you can convince a christian that there is no God you will first have to understand what the christian has understood that makes him believe that God exist for you to counter him and convince him properly. Otherwise, you are chasing a wild goose
grin
You cant imagine how much this post made me laugh kikikiki......
Below is an excerpt from your OP.....
Atheists, what are your proves or evidence that a spirit God do not exist?

A sincere question grin
Can you see how you christians dribble yourselves thinking you're making an argument? grin grin grin.........
I've now returned you the favor by asking you to disprove the FSM and here you are soaking yourself in the storm you started by yourself cheesy cheesy cheesy.....
By your original post, you seem to think evidence is required not to believe in something,.....
so presumably you have taken the time to eliminate all the other gods that humankind has worshipped fervently over the millennia undecided.......
What is your evidence that they don’t exist (not to mention the evidence that your particular deity-of-choice actually does exist)?.......
Meanwhile, let me give you another assignment....
Christianity: Roman Catholicism, Protestantism, Greek Orthodox, Russian Orthodox, Seventh Day Adventism, Jehovah’s Witnesses, Mormonism
Islam: Shia, Sunni, Wahhabism, Sufism, Ahmadiyya, Mahdavia,
Taoism
Confucianism
Jainism
Zoroastrianism
Mandaeism
Buddhism
: Theravada, Mahayana, Vajrayana

The Assignment: Please kindly post the reasoning why these widely-followed religions listed above are wrong (ignore the one you belong to).......

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did Atheists Saw In The Spiritual To Be Very Sure That God Do Not Exist? by paxonel(m): 5:56pm On Feb 19, 2019
JujuSugar:

My point is your arguments are poor and i'm here to show you why.......
ok, go ahead grin

*Whistle!!!*
Offside! Leave that ball and come back into the discussion, sir!.....
you brought the ball, its my turn to play and you are blowing whistle, what kinda ref are you?

Everyone is free to believe what he believes. You are answering another question....
So let me rephrase it for you: Where is your objective, dependable evidence which can be accepted worldwide, that your christian god exists?
did you even care to read the op at all?

You have presented no reasonable evidence. Hence this reversal of my initial question fails horribly.....
you did not read the op, how will you see the evidence?

You did not read the op, all of a sudden my argument is poor grin grin grin
Re: Did Atheists Saw In The Spiritual To Be Very Sure That God Do Not Exist? by paxonel(m): 6:21pm On Feb 19, 2019
JujuSugar:

Its a simple question. Answer yes or no.
ok, i didnt noticed you were asking the question

c/ Have you read your bible from cover from cover?
ofcourse yes, a lot of christians have done that too

Ever heard of the Epic of Gilgamesh? Let's begin with that
so how does this predate bible?

grin
You cant imagine how much this post made me laugh kikikiki......
Below is an excerpt from your OP.....

Can you see how you christians dribble yourselves thinking you're making an argument? grin grin grin.........
I've now returned you the favor by asking you to disprove the FSM and here you are soaking yourself in the storm you started by yourself cheesy cheesy cheesy.....
what if after laughing and saying all these you do not come out with something reasonable? undecided

By your original post, you seem to think evidence is required not to believe in something,.....
oga the op did not say that, okpe!!!

so presumably you have taken the time to eliminate all the other gods that humankind has worshipped fervently over the millennia undecided.......
first, you said the op seem to think (that means you are not sure
Now, you are saying presumably grin
My guy, you have to be sure of what you saw in the op

What is your evidence that they don’t exist (not to mention the evidence that your particular deity-of-choice actually does exist)?.......
Meanwhile, let me give you another assignment....
forget the assignment,
The op never disputed the existence of other deities

Now that you did not come out with something reasonable can you take back all that laugh you posted previously?
No you cannot.

Thats why it good to present your argument deductively rather than inductively especially when you are not sure where to arive grin
Re: Did Atheists Saw In The Spiritual To Be Very Sure That God Do Not Exist? by JujuSugar(f): 9:44pm On Feb 19, 2019
paxonel:
ok, go ahead grin
Oh, i will as you shall soon see, paxonel cool

you brought the ball, its my turn to play and you are blowing whistle, what kinda ref are you?

you did not read the op, how will you see the evidence?

You did not read the op, all of a sudden my argument is poor grin grin grin
You are now starting to sound like a broken record as the 3 sentences above are saying the same thing grin grin.....
Sir, i knew this would be a labor of love and i'd have to spoonfeed you in this argument cheesy cheesy......
Let's look @ your evidence, shall we?.....
How did theists come to the conclusion that a spirit God exist?
It's simple!
They saw it in their holy books and believe that he exist.
This is as malnourished an evidence than anyone can imagine......
If we believe anything we read to exist, I am wrong to read a Quran & believe in Allah instead of YHWH?........
If you think this qualifies as an evidence in any way, then I'm sorry to say you lack knowledge when it comes to theological philosophy.........
Jesus Christ about 2000 years ago predicted in one of his parables that christianity is going to be the largest religion on earth matthew 13:31-32

Now google today
Which religion is the largest religion on earth, no doubt it is christianity.

Can a mere man make a prediction 2000 years ago and we see the prediction happening today when we google it?
It takes only a spirit God to do that!!

Therefore God exist.
31 Another parable He put forth to them, saying: “The kingdom of heaven is like a mustard seed, which a man took and sowed in his field, 32 which indeed is the least of all the seeds; but when it is grown it is greater than the herbs and becomes a tree, so that the birds of the air come and nest in its branches.”
- Matthew 13: 31-32

What kind of vague-ass passage is this? grin grin.....
This passage says NOTHING about christianity eventually being the largest religion....
And this just proves that if you read the bible, Jesus only vaguely fulfils the prophecies. Even being generous and assuming everything in the New Testament happened as written.........
If the Bible really wanted to prove its accuracy, God should have told Moses to inscribe the medalists of the 2016 Olympic Games - not some pseudo-history that would be impossible to verify.......
Your prophecy is the kind that a few (ignorant) Christians like to pull from the debating bag......
Based on these "fulfilled prophecies" you are jumping to the claim that the Bible, as a whole, is the truth. This is the logical fallacy of overgeneralization. E.g some Christians think homosexuals are evil, therefore all Christians think homosexuals are evil).

Based on those prophecies, I am printing my own edition of the Gospel of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Here are my prophecies:
a) Tharr will be lightning that strikes homes
b) Tharr will be rockets that malfunction
c) Tharr will be ramen noodles thrown in the trash
All hail the Flying Spaghetti Monster! his truth is omni-present!!!

1 Like

Re: Did Atheists Saw In The Spiritual To Be Very Sure That God Do Not Exist? by LordReed(m): 9:48pm On Feb 19, 2019
paxonel:
You mean, there are people who can see beyond this physical existence?
How did they come to this ultimate conclusion that God do not exist or there are no spirit God?

It's simple!

Do atheists have some kind of record or book to depend on, in order to acertain their position that there is no spirit God?
Its so frustrating that there is no such record among atheists,they depend on their instinct which is not reliable.

And you know how important a record of what has happened in the past is necessary to sustain an idea or belief.

For instance, lets look at the record christians have to show as an evidence that a spirit God exist which is the Bible.

Jesus Christ about 2000 years ago predicted in one of his parables that christianity is going to be the largest religion on earth matthew 13:31-32

Now google today

Can a mere man make a prediction 2000 years ago and we see the prediction happening today when we google it?

Therefore God exist.

A sincere question grin

1. Define these terms: spiritual, spirit, god.

2. What evidence do you have to show that these things: spiritual, spirit, god, exist.
Re: Did Atheists Saw In The Spiritual To Be Very Sure That God Do Not Exist? by JujuSugar(f): 9:52pm On Feb 19, 2019
paxonel:
ok, i didnt noticed you were asking the question
ofcourse yes, a lot of christians have done that too
Since you christians claim to value truth more than anything, i want to believe you are saying the truth that you've read the bible front to back....

so how does this predate bible?
http://time.com/44631/noah-christians-flood-aronofsky/
There are other sub links in the post too. Look those up if you're interested......
If you need any more links of the Gilgamesh myth or other myths older than Noah's ark, let me know......

oga the op did not say that, okpe!!!
You said and I quote:
"Atheists, what are your proves or evidence that a spirit God do not exist?"
Stop shooting yourself in the foot. Are you still denying this?....

first, you said the op seem to think (that means you are not sure
Now, you are saying presumably grin
My guy, you have to be sure of what you saw in the op
Unlike you sir, i'm not confused wink....
I just want to make sure that YOU know what your statement implies......

forget the assignment,
The op never disputed the existence of other deities
I was expecting this reply grin
You mean you just happen to somehow know without evidence that the religion you follow just happens to be the only one in the entire history of the world that is absolutely correct? cheesy.......
What an amazing stroke of luck! grin.......
It’s a shame that all the people who follow the various other faiths mentioned above all think exactly the same way as you! Kudos, paxonel! cheesy

You don’t seem to feel the need for evidence to support not believing in 99% of religions. We both agree on that......
Why do you think I suddenly need evidence to go just 1% further, namely the 1% that just happens to include only your own religion?........
Why does your religion require a different standard of epistemology to all the other religions you reject without a second thought, or even a first one?...........

Now that you did not come out with something reasonable can you take back all that laugh you posted previously?
No you cannot.

Thats why it good to present your argument deductively rather than inductively especially when you are not sure where to arive grin
[img]https://media./images/75491050af5236464061d077827e4bb9/tenor.gif[/img]
patapata la foju, kunna kunna la dete, oju afofotan ija ni da sile.
You're out of your depth in this topic sir
Here's a genuinely helpful tip for the future......
Believe whatever you want, but keep it to yourself. Don't try to challenge atheists, we've heard it all before and you're not going to make a dent cheesy.....
You'll be way happier just believing grin.........
Getting your arguments ripped to shreds isn't fun........
That kind of thing will make you doubt wink........

1 Like

Re: Did Atheists Saw In The Spiritual To Be Very Sure That God Do Not Exist? by UyiIredia(m): 10:33pm On Feb 19, 2019
paxonel:
How did they come to this ultimate conclusion that God do not exist or there are no spirit God?

It's simple!

Do atheists have some kind of record or book to depend on, in order to acertain their position that there is no spirit God?
Its so frustrating that there is no such record among atheists,they depend on their instinct which is not reliable.

And you know how important a record of what has happened in the past is necessary to sustain an idea or belief.

For instance, lets look at the record christians have to show as an evidence that a spirit God exist which is the Bible.

Now google today

Therefore God exist.

A sincere question grin

Dafuq?! What kind silly reasoning is this?

1 Like

Re: Did Atheists Saw In The Spiritual To Be Very Sure That God Do Not Exist? by PapiFlin(m): 11:25pm On Feb 19, 2019
johnydon22:
You don't need to see anything to disbelieve and unproven idea.

That is as much valid as saying Harry Potter exists in actuality because you saw it in a book. It is the height of stupid.

Yes. They looked at the same books the theists looked at and concluded it was bullshit.

Nope, there is a record that informed their conclusion. The same books that made theist believe made the atheist say "This is a a load of nonsense"

Lies are the backbone of belief.

I bet it also predicted that human population would increase.

Yes.

Therefore, your conclusion is idiotic.

1. Apparent observation
2. Absense of evidence
3. Inconsistency of belief
4. Inconsistencies of source material
5. Ambiguities of intended evidence
6. Illogicality of arguments such as yours
7. Dependency of belief on lies or exaggerations.

Sincere answers

you just a bitter bloke.
Archaeological evidences have proven the existence of different occurrences as stated in the bible.
White atheist I can understand
But being an AFRICAN growing up in AFRICA and still being an atheist is the greatest form of fuvkery this earth has seen.

Even if Jesus Christ appears to us all atheist will prolly shift goalpost to say our brains went through a phase.

1 Like

Re: Did Atheists Saw In The Spiritual To Be Very Sure That God Do Not Exist? by johnydon22(m): 11:28pm On Feb 19, 2019
PapiFlin:

you just a bitter bloke.
Archaeological evidences have proven the existence of different occurrences as stated in the bible.
But being an AFRICAN growing up in AFRICA and still being an atheist is the greatest form of fuvkery this earth has seen.

Even if Jesus Christ appears to us all atheist will prolly shift goalpost to say our brains went through a phase.
lol. ok
Re: Did Atheists Saw In The Spiritual To Be Very Sure That God Do Not Exist? by LordReed(m): 9:55am On Feb 20, 2019
PapiFlin:

you just a bitter bloke.

Which archaeological evidence proves which bible occurrence? Hope its not things like the existence of cities mentioned in the bible because that will also mean Spiderman is real because New York is mentioned in the comic.
Re: Did Atheists Saw In The Spiritual To Be Very Sure That God Do Not Exist? by frank317: 11:06am On Feb 20, 2019
paxonel:
good for them grin
Good for them? Shouldn't u be repenting for being in the wrong religion?
Well, good for u too for being a Christian, which I think is wrong a deceitful.

But we all know what is good by their fruits and positive contribution to humanity.
I have seen good and bad fruits in a religion and even in non religious people. How u claim monopoly of good deed is surprising. Ur God drowned people... What's good about that?

To be a christian is as simple as just believing in christ in your heart thats all.
But there are series of complications and rituals you must perform to show that you are truly adherents of the other religions, some of which may involve killing and pesecution of what they call infidels.
Trust me, only fake gods commands people to be ritualistic this modern day
Christianity has its rituals too... Fast, vigil, anointing oil, repeat prayer over and over again. Not a Muslims believe in killing or anyone, they will tell u its a misunderstanding of their holy book
Re: Did Atheists Saw In The Spiritual To Be Very Sure That God Do Not Exist? by paxonel(m): 3:22pm On Feb 20, 2019
frank317:

Good for them? Shouldn't u be repenting for being in the wrong religion?
Well, good for u too for being a Christian, which I think is wrong a deceitful.
I have seen good and bad fruits in a religion and even in non religious people. How u claim monopoly of good deed is surprising. Ur God drowned people... What's good about that?

Christianity has its rituals too... Fast, vigil, anointing oil, repeat prayer over and over again. Not a Muslims believe in killing or anyone, they will tell u its a misunderstanding of their holy book
if you are truly serious with all these your claims about christianity, you would have disproved the evidence presented by the op on this thread.

Since you didnt mention anything about the evidence presented by the op, go and rest till you made up your mind to do so grin
Re: Did Atheists Saw In The Spiritual To Be Very Sure That God Do Not Exist? by paxonel(m): 3:26pm On Feb 20, 2019
UyiIredia:

Dafuq?! What kind silly reasoning is this?
monkey, comment on the reasoning if you can or get out.

Insulting people will not help you.
Rubbish!!
Re: Did Atheists Saw In The Spiritual To Be Very Sure That God Do Not Exist? by frank317: 4:05pm On Feb 20, 2019
paxonel:
if you are truly serious with all these your claims about christianity, you would have disproved the evidence presented by the op on this thread.

Since you didnt mention anything about the evidence presented by the op, go and rest till you made up your mind to do so grin
Sorry, maybe I missed it, I have read ur op over and over again and I see no single evidence u presented.
Re: Did Atheists Saw In The Spiritual To Be Very Sure That God Do Not Exist? by paxonel(m): 4:34pm On Feb 20, 2019
JujuSugar:

http://time.com/44631/noah-christians-flood-aronofsky/
this article was written by one Ishaan Thadoor, that is his opinion?
You are buying peoples opinion without requesting for evidences?
What happened to the wikipadia you posted before if not for your desire to make references to errors? grin

There are other sub links in the post too. Look those up if you're interested......
If you need any more links of the Gilgamesh myth or other myths older than Noah's ark, let me know......
let me ask you, do any of these articles present live evidences like what the op of this thread presented?
You are yet to go back to the evidence or prove of God existence presented by the op to see whether there are any element of truth or lies in it.

You said and I quote:
"Atheists, what are your proves or evidence that a spirit God do not exist?"
Stop shooting yourself in the foot. Are you still denying this?....

So,how does this question by the op makes the op seem to think that(i quote you) evidence is required not to believe in something" according to you ??

Where is the correlation between what you seemingly think the op said with this question the op asked atheists "what are your proves that God do not exist??"
[/quote]
Unlike you sir, i'm not confused wink....[/quote] yes, you are extremely confused by the op's consistency

I just want to make sure that YOU know what your statement implies......
may be you should be sincere enough to seek clarification first, before you start thinking or presume grin

I was expecting this reply grin
You mean you just happen to somehow know without evidence that the religion you follow just happens to be the only one in the entire history of the world that is
you are yet to point out where the op said his religion christianity is the only religion in history or disprove the existence of other deities. absolutely correct? cheesy.......

You don’t seem to feel the need for evidence to support not believing in 99% of religions. We both agree on that.
i did not agree with you on that.
The op presented evidence or prove of God existence, you did not comment on the proves pretending as if you did not see it. Rather, you were saying many other things which did not relate to the prove in a bid to beg the simple question the op asked atheists " what are your proves that God do not exist? '

If any atheist has presented any prof to support their belief that God do not exist, the op will look at it.

The op has presented it own, but no atheist has commented anything on it, rather they are diverting grin

Why do you think I suddenly need evidence to go just 1% further, namely the 1% that just happens to include only your own religion?
the only evidence of whether God exist or not comes from my religion and the op has revealed the evidence.

If you were not interested to see it, then you should not comment in the first place.
It was meant for atheists who were interested to read it.

Why does your religion require a different standard of epistemology to all the other religions you reject without a second thought, or even a first one?
do the other standards of epistemology have live evidence?

Let them say it, i want to see it.

The op gave an undisputable live evidence, that christ predicted that christianity was going to be the largest religion even before the christianity was created. And when we googled it live today, we saw that it was exactly what he said, and you people cannot díspute it grin
That is a resounding evidence.
Let other standard of epistemology bring their own evidence lets see how live it is grin
Dont post article,
Bring out a fact from the article to show that something happen and relate it to present day reality, that should be your prof
Re: Did Atheists Saw In The Spiritual To Be Very Sure That God Do Not Exist? by paxonel(m): 4:35pm On Feb 20, 2019
frank317:

Sorry, maybe I missed it, I have read ur op over and over again and I see no single evidence u presented.
so what do you want?

I should go all over again grin
Re: Did Atheists Saw In The Spiritual To Be Very Sure That God Do Not Exist? by budaatum: 4:50pm On Feb 20, 2019
paxonel:
This is one of those things that Christians do that I find comical, they bait atheists, and I wonder why. The atheist says they see no God or spirits but you want them to say the things they don't see and have no evidence for, exists. Why, pax? Can the blind witness to those who see? Besides, does anyone "see" beyond the physical?

paxonel:
It's simple!
You missed out 'going to the Jesustician for Jesusglasses', which the atheist hasn't gone and got.

paxonel:
Actually, many. Too many to list. The inability of the atheist to see God or spirits is confirm by what they have read and the fact that Christians take their blindness seriously thereby affirming what they can't see. Or would you rather they lie that God and spirits they haven't seen exists?

paxonel:
Atheist do not depend on instinct, paxonel You hear them yelling, "show me the evidence for your God!" Atheists depend on evidence of their senses and will always present it when asked for it, I can vouch for that.

paxonel:
Who's record and for whom?

By the way everyone, something needs to be done about history not being taught in Nigerian schools!

I got tired of the rest!
Re: Did Atheists Saw In The Spiritual To Be Very Sure That God Do Not Exist? by paxonel(m): 6:02pm On Feb 20, 2019
budaatum:

This is one of those things that Christians do that I find comical, they bait atheists, and I wonder why. The atheist says they see no God or spirits but you want them to say the things they don't see and have no evidence for, exists. Why, pax? Can the blind witness to those who see? Besides, does anyone "see" beyond the physical?
if any christian want atheists see God by all means,even when they dont want to see any evidence of his existence, it is wrong for that christian to do that.

You missed out 'going to the Jesustician for Jesusglasses', which the atheist hasn't gone and got.
and that is the only place the evidence lies, where atheists hasn't gone and got.
Now, it will be ok for them to say they have not gone and they dont want to go, therefore they dont know what theists are talking about like the agnostics have done

Actually, many. Too many to list. The inability of the atheist to see God or spirits is confirm by what they have read and the fact that Christians take their blindness seriously thereby affirming what they can't see. Or would you rather they lie that God and spirits they haven't seen exists?
certainly not!
But they should remain neutral.

I tell you one truth, the human mind is convinced by what he has seen, hear and read.
If theists have read their holy book, it will only take atheists to equally read that same holy book for them to have a critical mind to dispute what theists have believed. Otherwise, its of no use countering them by the atheistic state of mind.

Atheist do not depend on instinct, paxonel You hear them yelling, "show me the evidence for your God!"
the evidence the op presented is that Jesus christ in the bible predicted that christianity was going to be the largest religion, that was approximately 2000 years ago.
We are in 2019 today, we can google it. Christianity is actually the religion with the largest adherents today.

The question is, are there anything like that in human history that someone will predict something, after 2000 years the whole world is seeing the evidence of truth in the prediction?
I am yet to see anything like that, if you have any, please let me know.

Atheists depend on evidence of their senses and will always present it when asked for it, I can vouch for that.
evidence from senses isn't enough.
Records and reality are more reliable.
When holy books from theists serves as record, and that record points to a reality such as someone predicting something in the holy book and that thing became reality after a long period,then i dont know how senses can explain that?

Who's record and for whom?

By the way everyone, something needs to be done about history not being taught in Nigerian schools!

I got tired of the rest!
i will see how far nigeria as a nation will go, when people who were supposed to grow up to become tommorrow leaders do not understand their history grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did Atheists Saw In The Spiritual To Be Very Sure That God Do Not Exist? by PapiFlin(m): 6:39pm On Feb 20, 2019
LordReed:

Which archaeological evidence proves which bible occurrence? Hope its not things like the existence of cities mentioned in the bible because that will also mean Spiderman is real because New York is mentioned in the comic.

Noah's ark in Turkey. The human and horse bones and also wheels of chariots in the red sea. And Gomorrah 99% sulphur content(which is extreme in the world). No forgetting Goliath's remains. The Internet is actually free for all.
Re: Did Atheists Saw In The Spiritual To Be Very Sure That God Do Not Exist? by PapiFlin(m): 6:44pm On Feb 20, 2019
paxonel:
if any christian want atheists see God by all means,even when they dont want to see any evidence of his existence, it is wrong for that christian to do that.
and that is the only place the evidence lies, where atheists hasn't gone and got.
Now, it will be ok for them to say they have not gone and they dont want to go, therefore they dont know what theists are talking about like the agnostics have done
certainly not!

I tell you one truth, the human mind is convinced by what he has seen, hear and read.
If theists have read their holy book, it will only take atheists to equally read that same holy book for them to have a critical mind to dispute what theists have believed. Otherwise, its of no use countering them by the atheistic state of mind.
the evidence the op presented is that Jesus christ in the bible predicted that christianity was going to be the largest religion, that was approximately 2000 years ago.
We are in 2019 today, we can google it. Christianity is actually the religion with the largest adherents today.

The question is, are there anything like that in human history that someone will predict something, after 2000 years the whole world is seeing the evidence of truth in the prediction?
evidence from senses isn't enough.
Records and reality are more reliable.
When holy books from theists serves as record, and that record points to a reality such as someone predicting something in the holy book and that thing became reality after a long period,then i dont know how senses can explain that?
i will see how far nigeria as a nation will go, when people who were supposed to grow up to become tommorrow leaders do not understand their history grin

They're all dull...All these follow follow black atheists. ...The bible predicted the mark of the beast on the exact parts of the body the obamacare wanted.....But nooo!!The 'smart ones' will say they're all coincidences.

1 Like

Re: Did Atheists Saw In The Spiritual To Be Very Sure That God Do Not Exist? by budaatum: 6:59pm On Feb 20, 2019
paxonel:
Very wrong indeed. So wrong that I'm going to begin calling such people bokochristian haram!

paxonel:
How can they possibly say they have not gone to the 'Jesustician for Jesusglasses' when they have no evidence whatsoever that such a thing and place exists?

paxonel:

Really? Why?

paxonel:
I disagree with your "atheist mind". Even Christians read their own holy book and disagree, how much less atheists. The Christian just hasn't presented God in such a way that they may see. Perhaps they should try harder.

paxonel:
There are many texts, even much older than some parts of the Bible that predicted what is happening today. Try reading the works of Plato for starts. You'd think God wrote it himself.

paxonel:
O, not only "their own history", but the history of the universe as well. But, do not worry. We are here in the University of Nairaland preaching history to one another.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Did Atheists Saw In The Spiritual To Be Very Sure That God Do Not Exist? by LordReed(m): 8:29pm On Feb 20, 2019
PapiFlin:

Noah's ark in Turkey.

Nothing of such was ever found. The closest was some pieces of wood that when dated showed it couldn't have been part of Noah's Ark, it was too recent.

The human and horse bones and also wheels of chariots in the red sea.

No such artifacts were ever recovered. Even the so called discovery turned out to be just coral formations.

And Gomorrah 99% sulphur content(which is extreme in the world).

Can not find any scieentific data on this. Can you provide a link?

No forgetting Goliath's remains.

This one is purely fake, all the supposed pictures are fake.

The Internet is actually free for all.

Yes I have searched and nothing substantial has emerged.
Re: Did Atheists Saw In The Spiritual To Be Very Sure That God Do Not Exist? by PapiFlin(m): 9:56pm On Feb 20, 2019
LordReed:

Nothing of such was ever found. The closest was some pieces of wood that when dated showed it couldn't have been part of Noah's Ark, it was too recent.

No such artifacts were ever recovered. Even the so called discovery turned out to be just coral formations.

Can not find any scieentific data on this. Can you provide a link?

This one is purely fake, all the supposed pictures are fake.

Yes I have searched and nothing substantial has emerged.

Chai....This is the most well constructed BS replies I've ever seen in my short time on NL.
Noah's ark were pieces of wood?? where oga I'm not sure you're talking about the one in mount ararat.
Humans and horses remains are corals?? WHEELS are corals I expected you to be smarter than this.
And pictures of Goliath's remains are fake??...I'm done with you bruh.
Don't ask for any link...if you'd rather wallow in your ignorance than using a little bit of data and time to search for issues pertaining faith without a prejudiced mind then so be it.

1 Like

Re: Did Atheists Saw In The Spiritual To Be Very Sure That God Do Not Exist? by LordReed(m): 10:06pm On Feb 20, 2019
PapiFlin:

Chai....This is the most well constructed BS replies I've ever seen in my short time on NL.
Noah's ark were pieces of wood?? where oga I'm not sure you're talking about the one in mount ararat.
Humans and horses remains are corals?? WHEELS are corals I expected you to be smarter than this.
And pictures of Goliath's remains are fake??...I'm done with you bruh.
Don't ask for any link...if you'd rather wallow in your ignorance than using a little bit of data and time to search for issues pertaining faith without a prejudiced mind then so be it.

This is how stupid you turned out to be, instead of proving proof to counter my response you go on a stupid rant. You are both foolish and stupid.
Re: Did Atheists Saw In The Spiritual To Be Very Sure That God Do Not Exist? by PapiFlin(m): 11:40pm On Feb 20, 2019
LordReed:

This is how stupid you turned out to be, instead of proving proof to counter my response you go on a stupid rant. You are both foolish and stupid.

God bless fam.
But next time try doing a lil bit of research before wanking your ignorance all over a forum as big as NL.
Shalom.

1 Like

Re: Did Atheists Saw In The Spiritual To Be Very Sure That God Do Not Exist? by PapiFlin(m): 11:44pm On Feb 20, 2019
LordReed:

God bless fam.
But next time try doing a lil bit of research before wanking your ignorance all over a forum as big as NL. Not everyone has time to go back and forth over information that's readily available on the Internet. Shalom.

1 Like

Re: Did Atheists Saw In The Spiritual To Be Very Sure That God Do Not Exist? by LordReed(m): 1:27am On Feb 21, 2019
PapiFlin:

God bless fam.
But next time try doing a lil bit of research before wanking your ignorance all over a forum as big as NL. Not everyone has time to go back and forth over information that's readily available on the Internet. Shalom.

This is why you are stupid, the information that refutes all your fake evidence is right there on the internet but you won't find it because fake pictures has you convinced.
Re: Did Atheists Saw In The Spiritual To Be Very Sure That God Do Not Exist? by PapiFlin(m): 12:11pm On Feb 21, 2019
LordReed:

This is why you are stupid, the information that refutes all your fake evidence is right there on the internet but you won't find it because fake pictures has you convinced.

alright fam. whatever paddles your canoe. God bless.

1 Like

Re: Did Atheists Saw In The Spiritual To Be Very Sure That God Do Not Exist? by LordReed(m): 12:33pm On Feb 21, 2019
PapiFlin:

alright fam. whatever paddles your canoe. God bless.

Next time bring real facts not fake arse nonsense. Bye!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Illuminati At It Again / Researchers Who Recorded The Screams Of Hell / Taking Alcohol - Is It A Sin?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 167
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.