Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,946 members, 7,814,205 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:01 AM

Election Postponement: FG Re-opens Borders - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Election Postponement: FG Re-opens Borders (12234 Views)

FG Re-Arraigns Omoyele Sowore For ‘Treason’ / Mahmood Yakubu Speaking On No Election Postponement Vs The Postponement (videos) / Election Postponement: Buhari Campaign Blames PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Election Postponement: FG Re-opens Borders by uckyboy: 10:40am On Feb 16, 2019
Following the postponement of the Presidential and National Assembly elections to next week Saturday, the Federal Government has re-opened the land borders which were earlier shut.

The Comptroller-General of Immigration, Muhammad Babandede, disclosed in a statement on Saturday that the Minister of Interior, Abdulrahman Dambazau, gave the directive.

It said, “Minister of Interior, Lt. Gen. Abdulrahman Dambazau (retd.), has ordered the re-opening of all the land borders earlier closed due to the postponement of the elections earlier scheduled for February 16, 2019.

“Nigeria Immigration Officers will continue their normal border control and patrol duties to ensure that all persons crossing our land, air and sea borders travel with a valid and genuine document and also pass through recognised routes.”

The service had earlier deployed its rapid response squad and other personnel numbering over 10,000 to the land borders and the hinterland as part of measures to prevent infiltration of the country by foreigners.

Source:https://punchng.com/election-postponement-fg-re-opens-borders
cc

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Election Postponement: FG Re-opens Borders by uckyboy: 10:40am On Feb 16, 2019
Ok
Re: Election Postponement: FG Re-opens Borders by Aare2050(m): 10:41am On Feb 16, 2019
Ok
Re: Election Postponement: FG Re-opens Borders by Larryfest(m): 10:44am On Feb 16, 2019
The FG is clueless abeg.... I wonder the kind of feelings the acclaimed "clueless Otueke drunkard" will be having right now, i mean we all thought no one can be as clueless as he is but here we are with the "Dullard in Chief"..

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Election Postponement: FG Re-opens Borders by hisexcellency34: 11:19am On Feb 16, 2019
Yes ooo
Border reopen...
More Sudanese will come and vote
More Nigeriens will come and vote
Maybe more Camerounians too...
Fear of defeat!

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Election Postponement: FG Re-opens Borders by BubuZombi: 11:19am On Feb 16, 2019
I just they vex... The way I being wan dance tomorrow ehn....
Re: Election Postponement: FG Re-opens Borders by zangiff(m): 11:19am On Feb 16, 2019
Okay......FG the closer and opener
Re: Election Postponement: FG Re-opens Borders by deyink1: 11:19am On Feb 16, 2019
f
Re: Election Postponement: FG Re-opens Borders by OgaBuhari: 11:20am On Feb 16, 2019
Does Nigeria even have a border

3 Likes

Re: Election Postponement: FG Re-opens Borders by Scandium: 11:20am On Feb 16, 2019
after "Amaka National Electoral Commission" had done their job

10 Likes

Re: Election Postponement: FG Re-opens Borders by klever18(m): 11:20am On Feb 16, 2019
s
Re: Election Postponement: FG Re-opens Borders by Zenlife: 11:20am On Feb 16, 2019
Whatever the reason,
I suggest with permission of the Benin Republic, USA warplanes should station there facing the zoo. 1 week to go?
Plenty of time.
Re: Election Postponement: FG Re-opens Borders by jamace(m): 11:20am On Feb 16, 2019
Wetin dem take close the border? cheesy
Re: Election Postponement: FG Re-opens Borders by onyxo76(m): 11:20am On Feb 16, 2019
they would have kept it shut na till next sunday so that the INEC materials don't end up in chad or Benin
Re: Election Postponement: FG Re-opens Borders by Ay77(m): 11:20am On Feb 16, 2019
Like say FG no sabi as dem take shift the election

Democracy is drama is here in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Election Postponement: FG Re-opens Borders by cleary: 11:20am On Feb 16, 2019
Please my people, help a starving brother. I have been pleading for help since 2 days now. I'm a student who returned to school last week because of the prospects of exams starting on Monday and also because I was opportuned to enter a free ride. my family isn't bouyant enough and my dad has severe high BP that's why I had to find my way so as not to make him to start thinking about where to get money to give me. I haven't eaten a decent food since I got back and am starving.

I am soliciting for help from well meaning people who will be touched enough to hear my plight and have mercy. I am not asking for much, no matter how little, it will go a long way. God bless you all

1 Like

Re: Election Postponement: FG Re-opens Borders by Viking007(m): 11:21am On Feb 16, 2019
We do NOT have any border. Borders were terrorists/armed herdsmen come in and out at will is that one a border
Re: Election Postponement: FG Re-opens Borders by Nobody: 11:21am On Feb 16, 2019
Nnamdi kanu better do his referendum today o...now he has a lot of chance
Re: Election Postponement: FG Re-opens Borders by faithfull18(f): 11:21am On Feb 16, 2019
Nigeria my country.

1 Like

Re: Election Postponement: FG Re-opens Borders by gurunlocker: 11:21am On Feb 16, 2019
Really a bad thing to postpone on election day! When a lot of people have risked their lives to travel.

They know postponing will lead to low turn out next week and will favour one candidate.
Re: Election Postponement: FG Re-opens Borders by Olukologia24592(m): 11:21am On Feb 16, 2019
The US and other forces are watching closely. They are intelligent than our leaders and army. They know all your steps. The best thing to do for APC is to buy vote. Aside that, #NoRoomForRigging
Re: Election Postponement: FG Re-opens Borders by surevik(f): 11:22am On Feb 16, 2019
Hope they will also offload all those imported voters from Niger and co.

1 Like

Re: Election Postponement: FG Re-opens Borders by Jimmyubah2: 11:22am On Feb 16, 2019
hisexcellency34:
Yes ooo
Border reopen...
More Sudanese will come and vote
More Nigeriens will come and vote
Maybe more Camerounians too....
Plus Chadians.
Re: Election Postponement: FG Re-opens Borders by seuncyrus(m): 11:22am On Feb 16, 2019
Buhari is just a desperate old man trying to hold on to power by any means... wether you like it or not #back2daura is still a reality

1 Like

Re: Election Postponement: FG Re-opens Borders by NothingDoMe: 11:23am On Feb 16, 2019
Larryfest:
The FG is clueless abeg.... I wonder the kind of feelings the acclaimed "clueless Otueke drunkard" will be having right now, i mean we all thought no one can be as clueless as he is but here we are with the "Dullard in Chief"..
Lol. It is now clear to many that Buhari cannot win fair and square. Historically, Election jitters are caused when the incumbent knows he will loose. Are Nigerians mad to vote a man that has grossly underperformed? Rubbish

2 Likes

Re: Election Postponement: FG Re-opens Borders by blowjob: 11:23am On Feb 16, 2019
SAI BUHARI

1 Like

Re: Election Postponement: FG Re-opens Borders by mmclatino(m): 11:24am On Feb 16, 2019
another Joke for the world .
Re: Election Postponement: FG Re-opens Borders by Nobody: 11:24am On Feb 16, 2019
Open which border? grin the border have Always been open.
Re: Election Postponement: FG Re-opens Borders by GentleMoney: 11:24am On Feb 16, 2019
Hmmm..

(1) (2) (Reply)

300 Nigerians Deported From Botswana / Imo Courts, Assembly Complex Shut As Workers Begin Indefinite Strike / Akeredolu Launches Automated Land Use Charge Payment System

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.