Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,118 members, 7,849,497 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 10:37 PM

Governor Rochas Okorocha Tasks INEC On Credible Election - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Rochas Okorocha Tasks INEC On Credible Election (248 Views)

Kogi: YIAGA Tasks INEC To Investigate Reports Of Pre-filled Results Sheet / Nsukka Residents Laud INEC On Credible Election In Edo / Oshiomhole Replies INEC On Zamfara Primary Elections (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Governor Rochas Okorocha Tasks INEC On Credible Election by iwithnessnews: 3:44pm On Feb 16, 2019
Imo State Governor Rochas Okorocha has called on Nigerians to exercise patience with INEC and only insist on a free, fair credible election.

Governor Okorocha who disclosed this to newsmen at his country home in Ogboko, Ideato South said the news of the postponement of the February 16th election which  came up at the early hours of today came to most Nigeria's as a shock.

He said "Everyone was set to cast their votes, only to hear the election has been postponed, for me I think it is rather an unfortunate situation but what is important in the life of a nation is to ensure INEC guarantees, a free and fair election on the new date fixed".

He added "I have made phone calls and make contacts, on the reason behind the postponement, all I could say it is not the making of any political party, I think INEC must have realize some technical mishap which the think will guarantee free and fair election let's give INEC benefits of doubts".

Governor Okorocha continued " We shall allow INEC to prove it's self , the whole world is watching Nigeria to know what will be the outcome of the election, I think a credible election is better than a election held without all factors in place".

http://www.iwithnessnews.com/2019/02/16/postponements-of-election-lets-give-inec-benefits-of-doubts/

Re: Governor Rochas Okorocha Tasks INEC On Credible Election by princemillla(m): 3:59pm On Feb 16, 2019
Okoroawusa the man that his love and hate in the beginning and end is almost equal

(1) (Reply)

Election Shift: Some Nigerians Want To Port To Canada / Polls: INEC Only Postponing Buhari’s Defeat – Atiku Youth Office / 2019 Election Updates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.