Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,968 members, 7,810,682 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:15 PM

The X Factor In Married Women Empowerment - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The X Factor In Married Women Empowerment (1195 Views)

Married Women, Do You Still Give Guys Your Contact? Why? / 8 Common Problems In Married Life / 60% Of Married Women Don’t Love Their Husbands- Lady Says, See Response (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The X Factor In Married Women Empowerment by bukatyne(f): 4:07pm On Feb 16, 2019
Several workshops teach women how to improve themselves and forge ahead in their career and businesses. Ther is WIMBIZ and other women forums.

Very good initiative however, there is the X factor: the husband.

Now there are three types of husbands...

1. A 'supportive' husband: He is genuinely supports her and is willing to pay the sacrifice required to forge head.

2. A as you wish husband: He doesn't 'stop' her for achieving neither does he actively support. He is 'fine' with you doing what you like as long as you carry out your duties.

3. A don't do it husband: He outrightly lets her know he doesn't support her forging ahead.

I think ladies should start knowing who her man is before marriage so she doesn't pick husband 2 and expect full support from him.

1. Men, what type of husband are you and why?
2. Does your women know the kind of man you are?
3. Women, do you know the kind of men you have to enable you plan?

Cc: LewsTherin

Edited:
For unambiguity, the topic has been revised to reflect that I am only referring to married women.
Re: The X Factor In Married Women Empowerment by LewsTherin: 4:40pm On Feb 16, 2019
Bukatyne, you want me to toot my own horn? grin grin grin

All I can say is Know Thyself.
Re: The X Factor In Married Women Empowerment by crackhaus: 5:15pm On Feb 16, 2019
The x-factor in women empowerment is personal determination, not husbands.

5 Likes

Re: The X Factor In Married Women Empowerment by bukatyne(f): 4:54pm On Feb 17, 2019
LewsTherin:
Bukatyne, you want me to toot my own horn? grin grin grin

All I can say is Know Thyself.

Hahahahahahahahaha
Re: The X Factor In Married Women Empowerment by bukatyne(f): 4:58pm On Feb 17, 2019
crackhaus:
The x-factor in women empowerment is personal determination, not husbands.

You are not married so you don't grasp the discuss.

3 Likes

Re: The X Factor In Married Women Empowerment by crackhaus: 8:47pm On Feb 17, 2019
bukatyne:

You are not married so you don't grasp the discuss.
That's like saying you are not a politician so you don't grasp political issues, or you don't have a baby so you can't grasp discussions about babies. Silly right?

This is called an "Argument from authority" (argumentum ab auctoritate) usually made by someone who is cornered, can't think of any intellectual response and wants to bring the discussion to a fallacious conclusion. In psychology, people who resort to it have an undiagnosed psychological cognitive bias.

You're welcome by the way, free education for you just in case of next time. (you can still google it to learn more)

That aside, if you could overlook the assumption on my marital status (which you can't be certain of) for a bit, maybe you can answer the following question:

Is women empowerment restricted to just married women, or does it encapsulate all women?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The X Factor In Married Women Empowerment by lilmax(m): 9:12pm On Feb 17, 2019
crackhaus:

That's like saying you are not a politician so you don't grasp political issues, or you don't have a baby so you can't grasp discussions about babies. Silly right?

This is called an "Argument from authority" (argumentum ab auctoritate) usually made by someone who is cornered, can't think of any intellectual response and wants to bring the discussion to a fallacious conclusion. In psychology, people who resort to it have an undiagnosed psychological cognitive bias.

You're welcome by the way, free education for you just in case of next time. (you can still google it to learn more)

That aside, if you could overlook the assumption on my marital status (which you can't be certain of) for a bit, maybe you can answer the following question:

Is women empowerment restricted to just married women, or does it encapsulate all women?
oh my nairaland grin

never gets old cheesy

1 Like

Re: The X Factor In Married Women Empowerment by lilmax(m): 9:14pm On Feb 17, 2019
I am the "don't do it" husband

and bukatyne, so you can tell if a person is married online or not?

2 Likes

Re: The X Factor In Married Women Empowerment by bukatyne(f): 11:27pm On Feb 17, 2019
crackhaus:

Bros,

I am not in the mood for any windy discuss.

The OP is very streamlined and would have guided you on the scope of my discussion.

If you cannot fathom how a husband fits into the giant puzzle, sit with women who have achieved a number of things and discuss with them.

4 Likes

Re: The X Factor In Married Women Empowerment by bukatyne(f): 11:28pm On Feb 17, 2019
lilmax:
I am the "don't do it" husband

and bukatyne, so you can tell if a person is married online or not?

@first paragraph: good you have identified yourself and let her know about it.

3 Likes

Re: The X Factor In Married Women Empowerment by crackhaus: 5:01pm On Feb 18, 2019
bukatyne:

Bros,

I am not in the mood for any windy discuss.

The OP is very streamlined and would have guided you on the scope of my discussion.

If you cannot fathom how a husband fits into the giant puzzle, sit with women who have achieved a number of things and discuss with them.

Still on with the tirades.
You do not know if I already know women who have achieved great things or if I have had conversations with them.
Always make an effort to tailor your responses with statements that are devoid of assumptions so as not to appear sour.

Moving on... I did not tell you husbands DON'T fit into the giant puzzle. What I implied was 'husbands cannot be an x-factor in women empowerment'.
What you should have asked for is an explanation to get an alternate POV. It expands the mind.

I'll explain now:
X-factor means the most important factor, its origin is from the mathematical 'x' meaning constant which further means it does not change.

Women empowerment encompasses all women (married, single, divorced, and widowed). If a husband is your x-factor for married women, what then is the x-factor in women empowerment for single, divorced, and/or widowed women?
Definitely not husbands, ergo, this cannot be an x-factor since it does not explain or contribute to women empowerment among the other groups.

At best, husbands are one of the variable factors (a,b, or c) when it comes to women empowerment.
Even within the married group, there are those with unsupportive husbands who still went on to become great achievers in their fields.

What we should be figuring out then is, how did all the different groups of women including the married ones with unsupportive husbands, get to the zenith of their businesses and careers?
The answer is, 'personal determination to succeed'. This is an x-factor.

I don't expect you to swallow my submission whole, it is just an alternate POV which every person should be open to receiving, not trying to silence.

Peace.

2 Likes

Re: The X Factor In Married Women Empowerment by bukatyne(f): 5:17pm On Feb 23, 2019
crackhaus:

Still on with the tirades.
1. You do not know if I already know women who have achieved great things or if I have had conversations with them.
Always make an effort to tailor your responses with statements that are devoid of assumptions so as not to appear sour.

2. Moving on... I did not tell you husbands DON'T fit into the giant puzzle. What I implied was 'husbands cannot be an x-factor in women empowerment'.
What you should have asked for is an explanation to get an alternate POV. It expands the mind.

I'll explain now:
X-factor means the most important factor, its origin is from the mathematical 'x' meaning constant which further means it does not change.

3. Women empowerment encompasses all women (married, single, divorced, and widowed). If a husband is your x-factor for married women, what then is the x-factor in women empowerment for single, divorced, and/or widowed women?
Definitely not husbands, ergo, this cannot be an x-factor since it does not explain or contribute to women empowerment among the other groups.

At best, husbands are one of the variable factors (a,b, or c) when it comes to women empowerment.
4. Even within the married group, there are those with unsupportive husbands who still went on to become great achievers in their fields.

What we should be figuring out then is, how did all the different groups of women including the married ones with unsupportive husbands, get to the zenith of their businesses and careers?
The answer is, 'personal determination to succeed'. This is an x-factor.

5. I don't expect you to swallow my submission whole, it is just an alternate POV which every person should be open to receiving, not trying to silence.

Peace.

5. I apologize if I came off as silencing your POV. Alternate POVs enrich the discuss.

1. The thread already has a target market; married women who are not ready to lose their marriages. Maybe changing the thread to 'Husbands: The X-factor in married women's empowerment' would better make that point for me.

2 & 3. Point 1 addresses this. I know what X-factor means. wink

4. If you read the OP well, you would gotten an answer to this in the categorisation of husbands I did. The women who complain that their husbands are 'unsupportive' have 'As you which' husbands and personal determination dictates how far the person goes.

If Mrs. A is married to a husband who says he must eat dinner everyday without caring who does what, she could contract the meal out, get a maid, have a cook, make herself available to cook etc.

If he says he wants her to make him fresh dinner by 6pm everyday, then she has to be available to make it. This already screens out the kind of jobs she can do.

I have met 'Don't do it' husbands and the wives can do nada as long as they want 'peace'/stay married. I know one who said he dictates what his wife watches on TV because he pays for DSTV. I asked what if the wife pays and he said she doesn't work so how would she have the money/guts to pay? Imagine that woman saying she wants to start a stuff of her own.

Most wives have 'As you like' husbands.

(1) (Reply)

Come On Everybody Today Is My Birthday / Disrespect And Insubordination From A Wife, Advice Needed / I Have To Speak Up Before My Mum Ends Up Like Osinachi- Lady Cries For Help (vid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.