Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,445 members, 7,850,559 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 03:14 AM

My Life Is In Danger - Kogi Deputy Governor - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Life Is In Danger - Kogi Deputy Governor (880 Views)

Edward Onoja Sworn In As Kogi Deputy Governor / Edward Onoja Replaces Simon Achuba As Kogi Deputy Governor / Simon Achuba To Be Impeached As Kogi Deputy Governor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Life Is In Danger - Kogi Deputy Governor by vegafbs: 9:16am On Feb 18, 2019
http://nextedition.com.ng/2019/02/18/life-danger-kogi-deputy-governor/

Kogi State Deputy Governor, Simon Achuba, has raised the alarm that his life is in danger following the withdrawal of his security details allegedly on the order of the state governor, Yahaya Bello.

Achuba made the allegation while briefing members of the press on Sunday at his official residence in Lokoja.

He said he was shocked after returning from a trip to his village where he had gone to participate in the scheduled elections to find the gate to his official residence empty without any of his security personnel.

He said, “I was surprised to see that all policemen attached to my house had been withdrawn. I then put a call across to the Commissioner of Police, Hakeem Busari, who also expressed shock and promised to give the matter an urgent attention.

“After about an hour, I called him again but he refused to pick my call. I sent a text message to him and up till now, he has not got back to me.”

“I’m a member of the All Progressives Congress. I reported to the national leader of the APC but nothing has been done… My imprest was stopped for no reason and it was ordered by the governor. I live as deputy governor in the house without security, I travelled home without police, my life is in danger.”

He also said that the light and water to his residence had been cut off and that he currently lives in darkness.

The deputy governor called on the acting Inspector-General of Police to intervene so as to maintain law and order in the state.

He also called on the Federal Government to intervene in the affairs of Kogi State whose citizens, he said, had been subjected to hardship.

Referring to the governor’s style of leadership, he said, “When God gives you the privilege to rule a people, the people should not be taken for granted. You don’t have to use force for your policy to scale through if they are popular and people-oriented.”

He said that the point of departure between himself and the governor was in the area of urging the government to do things according to the will of the people to which no one had been listening.

Meanwhile, the Director-General, Media and Publicity to the governor Yahaya Bello, Kingsley Fanwo has said it was not the state governor’s duty to assign and post security details to the deputy governor.

“It is not the responsibility of the governor to give security even to himself. The security heads do. So, the governor is not responsible for posting security to the deputy governor.

“So, if his claims are true, kindly get in touch with the security agencies to give explanations.”

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: My Life Is In Danger - Kogi Deputy Governor by SarkinYarki: 9:18am On Feb 18, 2019
you were warned to be careful with Yahaya Bello

4 Likes

Re: My Life Is In Danger - Kogi Deputy Governor by Koralords: 9:23am On Feb 18, 2019
This bello guy is a disgrace to the youth clamouring for leadership

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Life Is In Danger - Kogi Deputy Governor by Nobody: 9:25am On Feb 18, 2019
Where are Dino and his friend who helped this man to become a tyrant?
They should enjoy their karma.

1 Like

Re: My Life Is In Danger - Kogi Deputy Governor by Tittos: 9:36am On Feb 18, 2019
As much as I hate the governor. However it is gross stupidity to be a deputy to someone you think has failed his people and not take the honorouble part of resigning, instead criticizing him publicly just to emass sympathy while enjoying the perks of office.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Life Is In Danger - Kogi Deputy Governor by ogaontop(m): 9:42am On Feb 18, 2019
Tittos:
As much as I hate the governor. However it is gross stupidity to be a deputy to someone you think has failed his people and not take the honorouble part of resigning, instead criticizing him publicly just to emass sympathy while enjoying the perks of office.

Instead of resigning and running away, why not stay in d system and make it better?

2 Likes

Re: My Life Is In Danger - Kogi Deputy Governor by overall90: 9:52am On Feb 18, 2019
it seems that there is an unseen hand working assiduously to scatter this evil party called APC.

2 Likes

Re: My Life Is In Danger - Kogi Deputy Governor by abu12: 9:52am On Feb 18, 2019
kingkakaone:
Where are Dino and his friend who helped this man to become a tyrant?

They should enjoy their karma.

Dino, saraki, el-rufia & oyegun helped yahaya bello to bcome governor. Today the people of kogi are suffering under his government, paying 25% as salary to local government & teachers owein backlog of salary.

1 Like

Re: My Life Is In Danger - Kogi Deputy Governor by mbaboy(m): 10:16am On Feb 18, 2019
The truth of the matter is na dem dem nothing concern me

1 Like

Re: My Life Is In Danger - Kogi Deputy Governor by Realist2: 11:00am On Feb 18, 2019
Two people I am praying to God to Call them to " order "
1.Gov El-rufia.
2.Gov. Yahaya Bello
This people are terribly dangerous and need to be stopped, and on the other hand, this two men their political survival depends on Buhari.

1 Like

Re: My Life Is In Danger - Kogi Deputy Governor by bedspread: 11:06am On Feb 18, 2019
Yahaya Bello and Elrufai are Greatest Errors Nigeria has made since October 1st 1960...

These Men Must pay for all their Evils!!

1 Like

Re: My Life Is In Danger - Kogi Deputy Governor by jamaicabakare(m): 11:09am On Feb 18, 2019
Ok

(1) (Reply)

Supposing Its Obi And Sowore PDP vs Osinbajo And Muoghalu APC. Now Vote / Rochas Okorocha Finally Reacts To The Killing Of IMO State APC Chairman / Gov. Yahaya Bello And His Wife Amina Bello Cast There Vote At Okene, Kogi State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.