Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,511 members, 7,843,548 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 07:45 AM

#nigeriadecides: I Cannot Sack Yakubu Mahmood As INEC Chairman - Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / #nigeriadecides: I Cannot Sack Yakubu Mahmood As INEC Chairman - Buhari (245 Views)

Wike To Fubara: Midnight Injunction Cannot Sack Rivers Lawmakers / Yakubu Mahmood Is Currently Trending On X-(formerly Twitter) / Reason Why I Cannot Sack Yakubu Mahmood As INEC Chairman - Buhari Reveal (2) (3) (4)

(1)

#nigeriadecides: I Cannot Sack Yakubu Mahmood As INEC Chairman - Buhari by janefblog: 10:06am On Feb 18, 2019
President Muhammadu Buhari has said he cannot sack the chairman of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), Mahmood Yakubu, because he would need a resolution by two-thirds majority of the Senate to do so.

Following the postponement of the presidential election by one week, there have been speculations that Buhari was set to fire the INEC boss.

However, the President’s Senior Special Assistant on Media and Publicity, Mallam Garba Shehu, insisted there was no truth in such claims.

“Those reports are utterly baseless and false. There is nothing like that.

“Whoever is saying the President is removing INEC chairman is just displaying his illiteracy. Let him go and read the constitution.

“You need a resolution by.....https://janefblog.com/5433-2nigeriadecides-i-cannot-sack-yakubu-mahmood-as-inec-chairman-buhari/

Re: #nigeriadecides: I Cannot Sack Yakubu Mahmood As INEC Chairman - Buhari by Mynd44: 10:16am On Feb 18, 2019

(1)

Make Sure You Vote On The 23rd- Ohaneze Ndigbo Urges Igbo Youths / Ondo APC Group Dismisses Anti-party Allegations Against Akeredolu / How Inec Can Overcome Ballot Box Snatchers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.