Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,444 members, 7,846,845 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 03:35 AM

Mr Buhari Was Wrong- What Constitution Said About Ballot Box Snatching. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mr Buhari Was Wrong- What Constitution Said About Ballot Box Snatching. (642 Views)

Kogi Election: 3 Killed As Military Thwarts Ballot Box Snatching Attempt / Asking Us To Disobey Buhari’s Directive On Ballot Box Snatching Unfortunate- Arm / "Jungle Justice": Buhari's Ballot Box Snatching Warning Got Nigerians Talking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mr Buhari Was Wrong- What Constitution Said About Ballot Box Snatching. by Nobody: 9:34pm On Feb 18, 2019
The Electoral Act (2010), however, does not prescribe death for any electoral offence.
The maximum sentence for snatching of ballot boxes is 24 months in prison.
Section 129 (4) of the Electoral Act states, “Any person who snatches or destroys any election material commits an offence and is liable on conviction to 24 months imprisonment.”
The Act further states that anyone who directly or indirectly engages in electoral violence shall be liable to three years in prison or a fine of N1m
Section 131. (1) states, “A person who- Threatening directly or indirectly, by himself or by another person on his behalf, makes use of or threatens to make use of any force, violence or restrain; (b) inflicts or threatens to inflict by himself or by any other person, any minor or serious injury, damage, harm or loss on or against a person in order to induce or compel that person to vote or refrain from voting, or on account of such person having voted or refrained from voting; or (c) by abduction, duress, or a fraudulent device or contrivance, impedes or prevents the free use of the vote by a voter or thereby compels, induces, or prevails on a voter to give or refrain from giving his vote, (d) by preventing any political aspirants from free use of the media, designated vehicles, mobilisation of political support and campaign at an election, commits an offence and is liable on conviction to a fine of N1,000, 000 or imprisonment for a term of three years.”

Punch
Re: Mr Buhari Was Wrong- What Constitution Said About Ballot Box Snatching. by Vrengkat(m): 9:46pm On Feb 18, 2019
Oya, go and snatch one ballot box and see how the law saves you from hell fire...

4 Likes

Re: Mr Buhari Was Wrong- What Constitution Said About Ballot Box Snatching. by adewumiopeyemi(m): 9:47pm On Feb 18, 2019
Ok
Re: Mr Buhari Was Wrong- What Constitution Said About Ballot Box Snatching. by Nobody: 9:49pm On Feb 18, 2019
Vrengkat:
Oya, go and snatch one ballot box and see how the law saves you from hell fire...

Typical and blind response of an afonja.

I only blame lord lugard not you.

2 Likes

Re: Mr Buhari Was Wrong- What Constitution Said About Ballot Box Snatching. by Atiku4betaNaija: 9:52pm On Feb 18, 2019
UP PDP...
Re: Mr Buhari Was Wrong- What Constitution Said About Ballot Box Snatching. by Vrengkat(m): 9:54pm On Feb 18, 2019
Osagyefo98:

1. I'm from Plateau State...
2. Who would you sue if a police man shoots a ballot snatcher?
3. My support for this declaration has nothing to do with my love for Buhari... But my hate for every shitty election we have had so far
4. If you believe your Atiku is popular, why do you have an issue with this?

2 Likes

Re: Mr Buhari Was Wrong- What Constitution Said About Ballot Box Snatching. by Nobody: 9:58pm On Feb 18, 2019
Vrengkat:

3. My support for this declaration has nothing to do with my love for Buhari... But my hate for every shitty election we have had so far

I cry....

Same plateau that has been turned to killer state. Murdered in their sleep.....

God save and liberate u
Many has lost their conscience.
Re: Mr Buhari Was Wrong- What Constitution Said About Ballot Box Snatching. by Omololu001: 10:00pm On Feb 18, 2019
Osagyefo98:
The Electoral Act (2010), however, does not prescribe death for any electoral offence.
The maximum sentence for snatching of ballot boxes is 24 months in prison.
Section 129 (4) of the Electoral Act states, “Any person who snatches or destroys any election material commits an offence and is liable on conviction to 24 months imprisonment.”
The Act further states that anyone who directly or indirectly engages in electoral violence shall be liable to three years in prison or a fine of N1m
Section 131. (1) states, “A person who- Threatening directly or indirectly, by himself or by another person on his behalf, makes use of or threatens to make use of any force, violence or restrain; (b) inflicts or threatens to inflict by himself or by any other person, any minor or serious injury, damage, harm or loss on or against a person in order to induce or compel that person to vote or refrain from voting, or on account of such person having voted or refrained from voting; or (c) by abduction, duress, or a fraudulent device or contrivance, impedes or prevents the free use of the vote by a voter or thereby compels, induces, or prevails on a voter to give or refrain from giving his vote, (d) by preventing any political aspirants from free use of the media, designated vehicles, mobilisation of political support and campaign at an election, commits an offence and is liable on conviction to a fine of N1,000, 000 or imprisonment for a term of three years.”

Punch
forget all this guy, if you love yourself, do not snatch ballot box on that day cause you will be shot dead and buhari will still have majority of the vote and also have more than 25% in about 27 states and he will be declared the winner.

2 Likes

Re: Mr Buhari Was Wrong- What Constitution Said About Ballot Box Snatching. by Omololu001: 10:05pm On Feb 18, 2019
Vrengkat:

Look at the dumb reply the guy wrote after reading your message grin

Op if you like snatch ballot box on that day, I will write RIP after you have been shot dead and your dead body pic is on nairaland politics section, it won't even get to the front page grin

1 Like

Re: Mr Buhari Was Wrong- What Constitution Said About Ballot Box Snatching. by Omololu001: 10:07pm On Feb 18, 2019
Osagyefo98:

look at this foolish Edo fool sef dey open him useless mouth from that useless state they call person afonja grin

I can't wait to see you dumb things wail on Saturday/Sunday grin
Re: Mr Buhari Was Wrong- What Constitution Said About Ballot Box Snatching. by Nobody: 10:08pm On Feb 18, 2019
Omololu001:

Op if you like snatch ballot box on that day, I will write RIP after you have been shot dead and your dead body pic is on nairaland politics section, it won't even get to the front page grin

Next......

Truth pains.
Re: Mr Buhari Was Wrong- What Constitution Said About Ballot Box Snatching. by Vrengkat(m): 10:08pm On Feb 18, 2019
Osagyefo98:

I cry....

Same plateau that has been turned to killer state. Murdered in their sleep.....

God save and liberate u
Many has lost their conscience.

Something is wrong with you brain... What concerns plateau killing with this or BUHARI? Under PDP plateau saw worst... 2001, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2013, were all the times plateau state was on fire because of crisis... You are just a blind follower of an outdated party, who has never won any election without rigging... Do you remember Dogo na hawa killings in plateau? Sure you don't, you were still writing JSCE by then, your mind is still to immature to understand

1 Like

Re: Mr Buhari Was Wrong- What Constitution Said About Ballot Box Snatching. by Nobody: 10:09pm On Feb 18, 2019
Omololu001:
look at this foolish Edo fool sef dey open him useless mouth from that useless state they call person afonja grin

I can't wait to see you dumb things wail on Saturday/Sunday grin

I finally agree IBB was right about u guys.
Re: Mr Buhari Was Wrong- What Constitution Said About Ballot Box Snatching. by Nobody: 10:12pm On Feb 18, 2019
Vrengkat:

Something is wrong with you brain... What concerns plateau killing with this or BUHARI? Under PDP plateau saw worst... 2001, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2013, were all the times plateau state was on fire because of crisis... You are just a blind follower of an outdated party, who has never won any election without rigging... Do you remember Dogo na hawa killings in plateau? Sure you don't, you were still JSCE by then, your mind is still to immature to understand

I now hold the view that history is far from u.
I only forgive u coz majority of ur brothers have sense of history.....

U not the one typing coz if really is u, the dead won't have died in vain.
Re: Mr Buhari Was Wrong- What Constitution Said About Ballot Box Snatching. by Vrengkat(m): 10:15pm On Feb 18, 2019
Omololu001:

I swear... Them don fry egg with all the oil wey dey him brain

1 Like

Re: Mr Buhari Was Wrong- What Constitution Said About Ballot Box Snatching. by Nobody: 10:18pm On Feb 18, 2019
Vrengkat:

I swear... Them don fry egg with all the oil wey dey him brain

Lolzzz

Wen dem done use una people fry finish.

Next
Re: Mr Buhari Was Wrong- What Constitution Said About Ballot Box Snatching. by slimfit1(m): 10:18pm On Feb 18, 2019
Look at that so Saraki couldn't sponsor a bill to effect a change on that law for 4 years. One day she so many laws in the constitution that needs changing that is not working for us all 20 years still there killing us.
Re: Mr Buhari Was Wrong- What Constitution Said About Ballot Box Snatching. by Vrengkat(m): 10:19pm On Feb 18, 2019
Osagyefo98:

I now hold the view that history is far from u.
I only forgive u coz majority of ur brothers have sense of history.....

U not the one typing coz if really is u, the dead won't have died in vain.

What did you smoke this evening... This is the response your dumb brain could cook up?

Summary of the whole thing... Law or no law snatch ballot box on saturday, and your obituary will not reach front page on Nairaland...
Re: Mr Buhari Was Wrong- What Constitution Said About Ballot Box Snatching. by Nobody: 10:22pm On Feb 18, 2019
Vrengkat:

What did you smoke this evening... This is the response your dumb brain could cook up?

Summary of the whole thing... Law or no law snatch ballot box on saturday, and your obituary will not reach front page on Nairaland...

Next

I don't reply augean language.
Re: Mr Buhari Was Wrong- What Constitution Said About Ballot Box Snatching. by chosengocap: 10:23pm On Feb 18, 2019
Buhari said Abacha was not a looter but Atiku. After sometime, he asked us to come for trader's moni. We asked for the source and he said it was the money recovered from Abacha. We asked for the one recovered from Atiku. No answer. Since the definition of looting has changed, one day we will recover money from Non Looter like Mamman Daura, Abba Kyari, Tinubu, Oshiomole, and Ganduje. Dr.Abubakar Gumi

1 Like

Re: Mr Buhari Was Wrong- What Constitution Said About Ballot Box Snatching. by Omololu001: 11:25pm On Feb 18, 2019
Osagyefo98:

I finally agree IBB was right about u guys.
you can keep on agreeing with your Nupe master cause you binis are dumb slaves that can't think and speak for yourselves grin

Alaye Go and Die jur grin
Re: Mr Buhari Was Wrong- What Constitution Said About Ballot Box Snatching. by KunleyY19(m): 11:42pm On Feb 18, 2019
No to Ballot box snatching...

(1) (Reply)

See The Yoruba Man That Refused To Endorse Buhari / Buhari Mistake Vote Pdp / Election: Official Results From Five States Announced

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.