Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,263 members, 7,815,433 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:21 PM

Things To See In London - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Things To See In London (1532 Views)

Exciting Things To Do In Lagos Besides The Regular Weekend Clubbing, Others / Operation: Lasgidi (Things to do in Lagos) / British Govt Re-issues Arik Air's Landing Slots In London (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Things To See In London by omega25red(m): 4:27pm On Aug 25, 2010
i am going to London after almost 20 years and i have no idea as to what to do or see. Any ideas?
Re: Things To See In London by usewisdom: 5:27pm On Aug 25, 2010
Where have u been before? because no one understand what u mean here O!??
Re: Things To See In London by chika98: 7:35pm On Aug 25, 2010
Well depends on the kinda things you like
I'd suggest the following
National Gallery/Trafalgar Square
Leicester Square
Go clubbing( They have quite a few nice ones in Central London. I went to Abacus once and it was interesting grin)
Westminster Abbey( Beautiful I tell ya)
London Eye( Get a view of the whole city. Buy your ticket ahead of time that way you save a bit )
Go to Brixton/Peckham to see your Nigerian folks there.lol
Piccadilly circus/Oxford Circus( Visit high street shops)
Go to Curtty Stark to see the Greenwich meantime. It is free too
Visit 805 to have the famous Monika fish
Mama Calabar in Wembley has some nice chop too
Stamford Bridge if you are a Chelsea fan or  head over to see Arsenal folks too if you wanna.
St Paul's Cathedral
Re: Things To See In London by omega25red(m): 2:12am On Aug 26, 2010
usewisdom:

Where have u been before? because no one understand what u mean here O!??
^^^ your user name is wrong because you absolutely didn't use any wisdom grin
chika98:

Well depends on the kinda things you like
I'd suggest the following
National Gallery/Trafalgar Square
Leicester Square
Go clubbing( They have quite a few nice ones in Central London. I went to Abacus once and it was interesting grin)
Westminster Abbey( Beautiful I tell ya)
London Eye( Get a view of the whole city. Buy your ticket ahead of time that way you save a bit )
Go to Brixton/Peckham to see your Nigerian folks there.lol
Piccadilly circus/Oxford Circus( Visit high street shops)
Go to Curtty Stark to see the Greenwich meantime. It is free too
Visit 805 to have the famous Monika fish
Mama Calabar in Wembley has some nice chop too
Stamford Bridge if you are a Chelsea fan or head over to see Arsenal folks too if you wanna.
St Paul's Cathedral

thank you your answer is really helpful
Re: Things To See In London by EloSela(f): 12:53pm On Aug 26, 2010
What sorts of things are you interested in?

London is a very varied city and most trips can be tailored to suit your preferences.

If you enjoy the arts for instance then there loads of art museums. Science museums etc all free too. Then there is theatre land with live shows such as Oliver Twist (which I have yet to see) and the Lion King which encompasses an all Black cast. Truly a magnificent show!

If you like sport then football season is starting soon and you should be able to see some live games at Wembley. Then there is alslo Lords for cricket if you like that sport.

Check out of the O2 too to see if any of your favourite acts will be coming to town. World class Stars like Whitney Houston, Alicia, Keys, Beyonce and Prince often grace the stage there. There is also a smaller venue in the O2, Indigo2 where some Nigerian stars and comedians play to packed houses.

The list is endless.

Check out this link.
http://www.timeout.com/london/
Re: Things To See In London by omega25red(m): 4:58pm On Aug 26, 2010
^^^ thanks for the response
i am more into museums, land marks, and cool places to eat and drink that is unique to London. I don't mind clubs either
The thing is I'm only going to be there for 5 days and i want to pack as much as possible into those 5 days and leave feelings like i saw things and be willing to come back for a longer visit.

thanks again
Re: Things To See In London by chika98: 6:41pm On Aug 26, 2010
^^^ Yeah everything written here should keep you busy . Don't forget to eat some fish and chips grin
Re: Things To See In London by DisGuy: 7:49pm On Aug 26, 2010
yea put some vinegar and extra salt on it  wink

Just hope for a good weather, in fact just get a pocket umbrella at least

http://www.visitlondon.com/attractions/culture/

-Book some stadium tour

-don't forget Nelson's Ship in a Bottle; Trafalgar square

-too many things to do, just depends on your taste
Re: Things To See In London by Nobody: 9:17pm On Aug 26, 2010
if your into clubbing go to the soho bar/club where all the rich people go eg footballers, there are other football clubs like tottenham, west ham. i lived in london all of my life the list is endless!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Things To See In London by omega25red(m): 3:05pm On Aug 27, 2010
Thanks to you all i appreciate all your responses see you all next week (not literally)
Re: Things To See In London by raintree: 4:25am On Aug 29, 2010
Omega

Make sure you change enough British Pound cos the tickets to enter all these tourist spots like museums, National Gallery and Madam Tussaud ain't cheap. Enjoy your holiday!
Re: Things To See In London by DisGuy: 9:01pm On Aug 29, 2010
Actually you can book and pay for some of them before you get there, pay online get your references and tickets online ready
Re: Things To See In London by chika98: 10:33pm On Aug 29, 2010
raintree:

Omega

Make sure you change enough British Pound cos the tickets to enter all these tourist spots like museums, National Gallery and Madam Tussaud ain't cheap. Enjoy your holiday!

Entrance is free unless you decide to donate some money.
Re: Things To See In London by raintree: 3:58am On Aug 30, 2010
^^^ Sorry Chika
Didn't mean to mislead. I remember many years ago when I visited London, I actually paid to enter some of these places. I'm sure of that. But I guess it's free now. Lucky Omega!
Re: Things To See In London by chika98: 4:20am On Aug 30, 2010
^^^ That's alright. Although they would want you to pay when you try to get into some parts of it. Mostly free.
Sure the poster is already there having fun! Lucky bugger grin
Re: Things To See In London by raintree: 4:47am On Aug 30, 2010
Cheers!
Have a good day, Chika.

"London bridge is falling down, falling down, falling down, " grin
Re: Things To See In London by chika98: 7:06am On Aug 30, 2010
^^ And you have a wonderful day Mista wink
Re: Things To See In London by omega25red(m): 5:00pm On Sep 05, 2010
today is my last day in london had fun did some shopping and saw loads of nigerians. funny i almost felt like i was in lagos with all the folks i saw. well tomorrow i plan to leave your fair city and head back to my life. thanks for all the suggestions much appreciated grin

p.s it was hard for my body to get used to the time difference and i end up falling asleep at 4am uk time which is 12am ny time but i still had fun
Re: Things To See In London by DisGuy: 5:30pm On Sep 05, 2010
No pictures? undecided

Now you see why many people are not in a rush to go back home cheesy
Re: Things To See In London by chika98: 12:36am On Sep 06, 2010
omega25red:

today is my last day in london had fun did some shopping and saw loads of nigerians. funny i almost felt like i was in lagos with all the folks i saw. well tomorrow i plan to leave your fair city and head back to my life. thanks for all the suggestions much appreciated grin

p.s it was hard for my body to get used to the time difference and i end up falling asleep at 4am uk time which is 12am ny time but i still had fun

Yeah time difference can be a pain. . it takes me more than a week to adjust.
Glad you had fun. . If you don't mind what did you end up getting up to there?
Did you visit any of the museums or art galleries
Re: Things To See In London by omega25red(m): 6:01pm On Sep 07, 2010
chika98:

Yeah time difference can be a pain. . it takes me more than a week to adjust.
Glad you had fun. . If you don't mind what did you end up getting up to there?
Did you visit any of the museums or art galleries
i didnt get to see any museums though i saw the london eye the palace and a few other places bought cloths, bags, shoes, candy lots of candy and just enjoyed the whole atmosphere. pics coming soon im still so jet lagged  wink

(1) (Reply)

My wife Got 221(g) and petition sent to USCIS. / Tourists In Kenya Get Married Maasai Style!!! / South Africa: Shoot Your Music Videos In SA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.