Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,727 members, 7,824,061 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:38 PM

Atiku Insists On Selling NNPC, Says ‘it Has Failed To Serve Its Purpose’ - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku Insists On Selling NNPC, Says ‘it Has Failed To Serve Its Purpose’ (34856 Views)

Atiku Insists That The Declaration Of Tinubu As President Illegal / Sanusi Knocks NNPC, Says Fuel Consumption Figures Unbelievable / 2023: There Is No Division In PDP, Atiku Insists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atiku Insists On Selling NNPC, Says ‘it Has Failed To Serve Its Purpose’ by toplinetrtrend: 7:50am On Feb 21, 2019
ManirBK:
Do you know the new Yoruba name for ballot box? It is called "APOTI IKU" box of death,snatch and die ...one bullet pere!

Kindly read this before you mislead yourself and others.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/186622-nigeria-must-kill-nnpc-el-rufai.html
Re: Atiku Insists On Selling NNPC, Says ‘it Has Failed To Serve Its Purpose’ by toplinetrtrend: 7:51am On Feb 21, 2019
ManirBK:
Ask Atiku the gains of selling NITEL? If Atiku does not know, the sales of NITEL led to lost of job by many Nigerians. The sales also collapsed the utilization of landlines in Nigeria. It also saw the death of M-tel the GSM sector of NITEL. If not for the coming of private investors who invested their private funds to provide GSM telecommunication in Nigeria, before privatization of the telecom sector 2 years after. Nigeria today would be out of telecom, just as Trascop which bought NITEL has reduced it to just landed assets

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/186622-nigeria-must-kill-nnpc-el-rufai.html
Re: Atiku Insists On Selling NNPC, Says ‘it Has Failed To Serve Its Purpose’ by toplinetrtrend: 7:52am On Feb 21, 2019
post=75935619:
This is the number one manifestos of Atiku the CORRUPT criminal out of the only 3 manifestoes he has been campaigning about all along!

Nigerians, be wise!
We are not going back to the 16 years of raping and looting of our land, if you don't want to go with us to the NEXT LEVEL, kindly move to Cameroon with your Atiku after FeBuhari 23rd!
Chikena!

PDP IN NIGERIA AGAIN?!
GOD FORBID BAD THING!!

That is so obvious bro!
Your guess is as good as ours!

Before you make people think you are a useful idiot, read this: https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/186622-nigeria-must-kill-nnpc-el-rufai.html
Re: Atiku Insists On Selling NNPC, Says ‘it Has Failed To Serve Its Purpose’ by haladadon: 8:01am On Feb 21, 2019
Corrinthians:
Just look how incredibly dumb you sound, old as you are. You know this preferred Thief you are ready to lay down your life for is a total disgrace. Hence rather than commenting on the subject matter, you go "APCheat".

Shame.

how has NNPC benefitted you. are you working there or is your family members working there.
Re: Atiku Insists On Selling NNPC, Says ‘it Has Failed To Serve Its Purpose’ by hesilo(m): 9:35am On Feb 21, 2019
My own is...

Please if you stay in PH and traveling to Enugu on friday for the elections please kindly contact me. I really wana vote but truth is after traveling last time and last week's suspension, i went broke. Kindly help if you can. Thanks

Re: Atiku Insists On Selling NNPC, Says ‘it Has Failed To Serve Its Purpose’ by Mailthaddeus(m): 9:40am On Feb 21, 2019
Gforce2019:

Atiku zombie, various properties sold was fraud in the past was fraud. they sold during obasanjo's administration were sold to the acronies and business friends at very ridiculous price... a

Abeg , I no fit type this morning...go and make your research...

Mumu. List the one sold that turned to Fraud? Well Lifeless Dullards can't reason with their brain, rather they do with their anus.

If u had sense, what u should be asking is," has NNPC fulfilled it's purpose? Why do we still import Fuel when we hv 3 huge refineries with yearly budgetary allocation? '. But off course ur brain is too primitive to reason. Kpele

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atiku Insists On Selling NNPC, Says ‘it Has Failed To Serve Its Purpose’ by Gforce2019: 9:43am On Feb 21, 2019
Mailthaddeus:

Mumu. List the one sold that turned to Fraud? Well Lifeless Dullards can't reason with their brain, rather they do with their anus.

If u had sense, what u should be asking is," has NNPC fulfilled it's purpose? Why do we still import Fuel when we hv 3 huge refineries with yearly budgetary allocation? '. But off course ur brain is too primitive to reason. Kpele

Professional zombie... unrepented mugu
Keep licking the ass of polithievians , nothing do you...
By the time you're done , lemme know

Eediot!
Re: Atiku Insists On Selling NNPC, Says ‘it Has Failed To Serve Its Purpose’ by olaeffect(m): 10:36am On Feb 21, 2019
Emedu:

I perceived you are not within the government. we know what is going on. Atiku is one of the number one benefit of NNPC corrupt practices. That is not my concern. Approval and implementation of complete PIB Bill will go in a long way to reform our oil sector better than this personification Atiku is calling privatization. Atiku will sell NNPC to himself and be given Nigerian certain %. Watch and see!

Dont worry, we will make sure he sells it to the best company in the world that can manage it, not like the people that bought PHCN.
But i will never agree to us keeping conduit pipes of fraud and siphoning of our collective wealth under the guise of "national asset".
We all know NNPC is no longer relevant. Crude Oil sales can be monitored by a single department in the Federal Ministry of Petroleum, while its assets (e.g refineries) are sold-off to people that can make it functional.
Re: Atiku Insists On Selling NNPC, Says ‘it Has Failed To Serve Its Purpose’ by Sirjamo: 11:14am On Feb 21, 2019
ManirBK:
Do you know the new Yoruba name for ballot box? It is called "APOTI IKU" box of death,snatch and die ...one bullet pere!
One bullet ke! 4+4 bullet = 8

Six feet under straight
Re: Atiku Insists On Selling NNPC, Says ‘it Has Failed To Serve Its Purpose’ by FocusedDiva(f): 11:16am On Feb 21, 2019
BUHARI'S SECOND TERM

Civil Servant or Public Servant should think twice before casting their VOTE. One factor is that at least 70% of ALLOCATION to STATES comes from NNPC.

IF eventually NNPC is sold to ATIKU's friends as promised, definitely your SALARY has being sold off, your JOB has being sold off. Think deeply. Thanks.

~Retired Biafran Army "Chinedu Madu" caution civil servant.

This election has the following in built factors:
The licenses of DISCOS have expired and the PMB’s government is to allow more companies to come in.

The OIL prospecting licenses of the Generals have expired and PMB is set to allocate them to the States for infrastructural development and thirdly and the most important the monopolistic license issued to INTELS with an annual revenue of N300 billion will expire in 2020 and PMB will not renew it. This has been the mainstay of Atiku. Wike and Secondus are also beneficiaries.

Therefore the elections is between the masses and those who have cornered our commonwealth.

If you are not their friend and you are supporting them without verifying these expiry dates of their economic dominance you have to think twice.

God bless Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Atiku Insists On Selling NNPC, Says ‘it Has Failed To Serve Its Purpose’ by ewizard1: 12:27pm On Feb 21, 2019
ManirBK:
Guest who is the buyer ?
It is the Guest nah!
Re: Atiku Insists On Selling NNPC, Says ‘it Has Failed To Serve Its Purpose’ by aezenkwu(m): 1:41pm On Feb 21, 2019
Of what use is the nnpc to naija?
They need to privatise everything in naija
Government owned companies na nonsense

Check out aladja steel mill
Re: Atiku Insists On Selling NNPC, Says ‘it Has Failed To Serve Its Purpose’ by Shaprara: 3:07pm On Feb 21, 2019
Jiang:

We are not saying the idea is bad, it's just we don't trust atiku to do it

You are talking based on perception, perception is not reality, Atiku sold this Atiku sold that in his days being the Vice President, the reality is he sold government assets to maximize profit and better running of the said assets which is why nigeria paid off its entire foreign debts, nigeria created more jobs because there was funding for every parastatals created by the government, but the perception of people is he sold all the assets to himself using cronies, as at today no one can prove that or has proof of it, It’s all allegation so and allegations is not conviction.

Selling it entails listing it on stock market around the globe while the government retails maybe 45% or 50% while another percentage is listed on stock market then another percentage is sold to individuals, atleast this is a major trend around the world in countries that have good economy.

Are people saying atiku shouldn’t sell so the loopholes and the avenue for corruption in that sector can continue or people don’t just trust atiku, Buhari that can be trusted is the minister of petroleum and we’ve heard of various scandals rocking that sector.
Re: Atiku Insists On Selling NNPC, Says ‘it Has Failed To Serve Its Purpose’ by Nobody: 3:15pm On Feb 21, 2019
Shaprara:

You are talking based on perception, perception is not reality, Atiku sold this Atiku sold that in his days being the Vice President, the reality is he sold government assets to maximize profit and better running of the said assets which is why nigeria paid off its entire foreign debts, nigeria created more jobs because there was funding for every parastatals created by the government, but the perception of people is he sold all the assets to himself using cronies, as at today no one can prove that or has proof of it, It’s all allegation so and allegations is not conviction.

Selling it entails listing it on stock market around the globe while the government retails maybe 45% or 50% while another percentage is listed on stock market then another percentage is sold to individuals, atleast this is a major trend around the world in countries that have good economy.

Are people saying atiku shouldn’t sell so the loopholes and the avenue for corruption in that sector can continue or people don’t just trust atiku, Buhari that can be trusted is the minister of petroleum and we’ve heard of various scandals rocking that sector.

Initially I also think along these lines, until "the candidates" . That man atiku is too shady my brother, how I wish the other aspirants have thesame chance as Atiku & Buhari, then nobody will care about those two old cargoes
Re: Atiku Insists On Selling NNPC, Says ‘it Has Failed To Serve Its Purpose’ by Shaprara: 3:27pm On Feb 21, 2019
Jiang:

Initially I also think along these lines, until "the candidates" . That man atiku is too shady my brother, how I wish the other aspirants have thesame chance as Atiku & Buhari, then nobody will care about those two old cargoes

We could care less about the old cargoes, but then there’s something about younger candidates and power, it’s nothing bad but draw reference from the Kogi State governor. We have refined candidates atleats thats the part of them they let us see, but then again in respect to atiku, the policies of the obj/atiku government we had in nigeria actually made more impact to our generation even though we can argue there’s corruption which 85% of the ruling class in nigeria sits on that table, many billionaires, millionaires and thousandnaires were created in that time, business was booming, standard of living for public and civil service workers increased, more like a decentralized government where everybody can actually be something he wants to be not taking anything away from the short comings. We can compare and contrast between the time obj and atiku was in power and when Buhari overthrew a democratically elected president which was taken away from him as well. So between these two candidates we are going forth and back and don’t know who to choose, let’s channel our inner self knowing fully well we judge them by what they say because we can’t see what’s in there heart and soul, who do you think has the will and the hands to move nigeria forward, I say this as a staunch supporter of atiku atleast I was a big fan of Buhari in 2014. Who present himself as a technocrat, a Democrat and someone who has the ability to move nigeria to the League of Nations where it is supposed to be.

1 Like

Re: Atiku Insists On Selling NNPC, Says ‘it Has Failed To Serve Its Purpose’ by tendawarrior1(m): 4:08pm On Feb 21, 2019
The way Atiku is eager to sell NNPC. seems d guy has collected advance payments. looool ;DThe way Atiku is eager to sell NNPC. seems d guy has collected advance payments. looool
Re: Atiku Insists On Selling NNPC, Says ‘it Has Failed To Serve Its Purpose’ by erico2k2(m): 7:55pm On Feb 21, 2019
SillyMods:

Please educate yourself properly on every issue before coming online to embarrass yourself.

E.g, the correct statement was “BH will be defeated in few months” when the president was asked to put a timeline on the defeat of the terrorists
Another Dumb post

Re: Atiku Insists On Selling NNPC, Says ‘it Has Failed To Serve Its Purpose’ by Androidking: 1:34pm On Feb 22, 2019
justtoodark:

you are not serious....if you sell that off,then what you wan count on then....??

you do know most states dont have that much money right....??

you will only build up an extrem inbalance between states....

and who the hell he want to sell something that is not even functionin well sef to....??

una want another nepa scenario....??

What d hell with this Nepa Nepa beef , Nigeria Nepa was not working fine before it was sold , right now it's working. Better , every body keep complaining of Nepa as if it's from the selling , one sector in Nigeria will be affected if other sector where hand-capped ,

Nigeria is only Afraid of Change , we have allot of mineral resoury we can count on that's y we believe Atiku will be better ,imagine Nigeria is no longer importing Rice still rice is not cheap, This has nothing to do it Atiku ,

Let Buhari go and rest .

Simple ,

If Atiku wants let him sell Nigeria but I don't want it to be done by Buhari.

If I Atiku wants let him make petrol 300naira it's better than when Buhari will do .

It's better Nigeria get worst with Atiku than better with Buhari,

Because Buhari good is worst than Atiku worse .
Re: Atiku Insists On Selling NNPC, Says ‘it Has Failed To Serve Its Purpose’ by Androidking: 1:44pm On Feb 22, 2019
olaeffect:

Dont worry, we will make sure he sells it to the best company in the world that can manage it, not like the people that bought PHCN.
But i will never agree to us keeping conduit pipes of fraud and siphoning of our collective wealth under the guise of "national asset".
We all know NNPC is no longer relevant. Crude Oil sales can be monitored by a single department in the Federal Ministry of Petroleum, while its assets (e.g refineries) are sold-off to people that can make it functional.

PHCN in my Area was shit , in the whole south east ,south south and etc PHCN was shit ,but now I know most places can boast of constant light , the issue is not selling stuff the issue is selling it and aslo put a fair body that will monitor it , if Nepa was actually monitored well , then will have constant light , but when bribe is the major thing in Nigeria who are u blaming , most of u here will join police and still collect bribe , most of u will be chief jugde and still collect bribe , o Efcc are full of bribery and corrucption , no true Justice in this country , so we want a fresh start , NNPC is one of our problems den let it go , secondly the constitution ,if Atiku will amend the constitution as he promised then Nigeria will be better

1 Like

Re: Atiku Insists On Selling NNPC, Says ‘it Has Failed To Serve Its Purpose’ by erico2k2(m): 6:37pm On Feb 22, 2019
Androidking:

PHCN in my Area was shit , in the whole south east ,south south and etc PHCN was shit ,but now I know most places can boast of constant light , the issue is not selling stuff the issue is selling it and aslo put a fair body that will monitor it , if Nepa was actually monitored well , then will have constant light , but when bribe is the major thing in Nigeria who are u blaming , most of u here will join police and still collect bribe , most of u will be chief jugde and still collect bribe , o Efcc are full of bribery and corrucption , no true Justice in this country , so we want a fresh start , NNPC is one of our problems den let it go , secondly the constitution ,if Atiku will amend the constitution as he promised then Nigeria will be better
quick question for you, if NNPC was sold for N100k would you buy it?
Re: Atiku Insists On Selling NNPC, Says ‘it Has Failed To Serve Its Purpose’ by olajide8(m): 10:05pm On Feb 22, 2019
dannybrasky:

Eloquent! This sounds more like a valid point to sell off Nnpc. It all boils down to mismanagement.

No its not a valid point to sell nnpc- they would just be forming a private monopoly - let me leave the solution - I have it thou

1 Like

Re: Atiku Insists On Selling NNPC, Says ‘it Has Failed To Serve Its Purpose’ by dannybrasky(m): 10:14pm On Feb 22, 2019
At what cost? I believe nairaland is all about sharing knowledge and enlightenment? U can as well share your idea's.

olajide8:

No its not a valid point to sell nnpc- they would just be forming a private monopoly - let me leave the solution - I have it thou
Re: Atiku Insists On Selling NNPC, Says ‘it Has Failed To Serve Its Purpose’ by olajide8(m): 10:24pm On Feb 22, 2019
dannybrasky:
At what cost? I believe nairaland is all about sharing knowledge and enlightenment? U can as well share your idea's.

No need sharing- they come to poach idea's here without giving necessary credit to us or even nairaland -

1 Like

Re: Atiku Insists On Selling NNPC, Says ‘it Has Failed To Serve Its Purpose’ by dannybrasky(m): 10:51pm On Feb 22, 2019
grin
olajide8:

No need sharing- they come to poach idea's here without giving necessary credit to us or even nairaland -
Re: Atiku Insists On Selling NNPC, Says ‘it Has Failed To Serve Its Purpose’ by Nellybii: 11:56pm On Feb 22, 2019
mycar:
What is there in nnpc to sell? The refineries are not working. So, what's the big deal, the longer the equipment remain there, the lesser their values become.
Anyways, I know that he will need the Senate approval, they know the best.

Idiot that thinks NNPC is all about refineries.
Oponu Ayirada.
Privatizing NNPC means instant loss of thousands of jobs. Do you think private companies do quota system in employment?
Re: Atiku Insists On Selling NNPC, Says ‘it Has Failed To Serve Its Purpose’ by amaham(m): 6:48am On Feb 23, 2019
Nellybii:

Idiot that thinks NNPC is all about refineries.
Oponu Ayirada.
Privatizing NNPC means instant loss of thousands of jobs. Do you think private companies do quota system in employment?
80% that people that are working in nnpc are cronies of politicians . How many unconnected Nigerians get those quota system jobs? When nnpc is privatise , nnpc jobs will reach the common Nigerians

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Atiku To Buhari: Reverse PHCN Privatisation / NASS Crisis: Dogara Group Concedes House Leader To Gbajabiamila Group / Bamgbose Tells Tinubu: Buhari Has Killed Your Ambition, You Can’t Be President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.