Stats: 3,152,395 members, 7,815,854 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:27 PM

Tinubu Begs Igbo In Lagos, Osinbajo Appeals To Hausa Community For Votes - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Begs Igbo In Lagos, Osinbajo Appeals To Hausa Community For Votes (24508 Views)

"We Are Hungry", Lady Begs Igbo Traders To Return To Lagos / LASG Begs Igbo Traders To Reopen Alaba, Bemoans 75% Loss Of State IGR / There Is A Growing Resentment Of Fulani Herdsmen Within The Hausa Community. (2) (3) (4)

Tinubu Begs Igbo In Lagos, Osinbajo Appeals To Hausa Community For Votes by Islie: 10:48pm On Feb 20, 2019
National leader of the All Progressives Congress, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, on Wednesday appealed to Igbo in Lagos State to vote APC candidates in the February and March elections.

In the same vein, Vice President Yemi Osinbajo solicited the support of Hausa community in the Southwest for the re-election of President Muhammadu Buhari and other APC candidates in the zone.

While Tinubu made the appeal in Ikeja at a stakeholders’ meeting, Osinbajo spoke at a Town Hall Meeting with the Hausa community, also in Ikeja.

Both meetings took place on Wednesday in separate venues.

The News Agency of Nigeria reports that Tinubu’s meeting with Igbo was called to perfect the party’s preparedness for the rescheduled elections on February 23 and March 9 in the state.

The party leader noted that the APC government never discriminated against people from the South East and others in the state in the delivery of democratic dividends, saying the party expected them to support its candidates at the polls for progress.

“We appeal to our Igbo brothers from the East, this is the state where you conduct your businesses, your children are in our schools, we don’t discriminate against them in our WAEC fees.

“We don’t discriminate against them for NECO fees. We don’t discriminate against them for JAMB fees. Even in our universities, they take the benefit of our tuition and allowances and all that.

“Now, this time, we say, help us. We say vote for us and our candidates,” Tinubu said.

He reminded them of the time the popular ASPAMDA market and other markets dominated by the Igbo faced threats of demolition, recalling that he took necessary steps to save the markets, thereby protected the interests of the traders who were mainly from the South East.

He warned that the party would monitor election results in Igbo-dominated areas such as Amuwo-Odofin, Ojo, Ajeromi-Ifelodun, and Surulere in anticipation of votes for APC.

Recall that in the 2015 elections, the APC lost some legislative seats to the PDP in the areas mentioned, though some of the winners later defected to the APC.

Meanwhile, Vice President Yemi Osinbajo on Wednesday solicited support of the Hausa community in the Southwest for the re-election of President Muhammadu Buhari and other APC candidates in the zone.

Osinbajo, who made the plea at a Town Hall Meeting with the Hausa community in Ikeja, Lagos State, said that some former leaders did not like Buhari because of his stand against corruption.

NAN reports that Arewa community leaders, drawn from Lagos State and other Southwest states, were present at the meeting.

“What we are hoping to see on Saturday is an affirmation, a vote for a man who has proved through the years to be a man of truth and honesty.

“The problem of our country is not that we don’t have enough money; the problem is that of leaders that we put there. Many of them stole the money meant for the people.

“We are able to do more than even when they (previous administrations) are even earning more because the President is not a thief. Even his worst enemies, those who hate him, know that he is a man of truth. They know he is a man who will not steal the money of the people,” the VP said.

He added: “Let us not have any doubt in our minds, the battle for power in this country is the battle between good and evil.

“This is not a religious matter. You find thieves among the Christians, thieves among Muslims; you will find honest men among Christians, we find honest men among Muslims.

“This next level that we are talking about by the Grace of God, the people of this country will begin to enjoy the fruits of all the sacrifice they have made in the last four years.”

Continuing, Osinbajo said, “Muhammadu Buhari has done a term now; by May, it will be four years.

“In another four years, I promise you by the grace of God, this country will be a different place; it will be a country that all of us will be proud of.”

The vice president, who said that he didn’t doubt the sincerity of the Hausa leaders to vote, charged them to mobilise the Arewa community to come out en mass to vote.

Chairman, Arewa Community in Lagos State, Ahmed Kabiru, who commended Osinbajo for recognising the community, said that Buhari remained a “sell-able product.”

“The principal thing I am selling is President Muhammadu Buhari and Vice President Yemi Osinbajo. I have to sell it to this audience.

“On behalf of the entire Arewa community across the nooks and crannies of the South West Nigeria, I want to reassure you of our support, our unflinching support for APC.

“We are going to vote APC from the very top to the lowest position. I assure you, we are going to do this,” Ahmed Kabiru said.

Hausa leader in Akure, Sadiq Babangida, said that the community would not change its decision to support APC, adding that the country needs honest and sincere leaders.

Also at the meeting were Chairman, Hausa Community, Ondo State, Umar Abdullahi; National President, Arewa Youth Consultative Forum, Ado Suaibu; and Sarkin Hausawa, Abeokuta, Ibrahim Hassan.

(NAN)

https://punchng.com/tinubu-begs-igbo-in-lagos-osinbajo-appeals-to-hausa-community-for-votes/

Re: Tinubu Begs Igbo In Lagos, Osinbajo Appeals To Hausa Community For Votes by NothingDoMe: 10:49pm On Feb 20, 2019
Hmmm. Let me think about it......

Done thinking and the answer is no. We can't afford another four years of Bubu.

This election will be the most closely monitored election in the history of Nigeria. APC shouldn't try any hanky Panky.

280 Likes 23 Shares

Re: Tinubu Begs Igbo In Lagos, Osinbajo Appeals To Hausa Community For Votes by Jman06(m): 10:51pm On Feb 20, 2019
So that their businesses can collapse abi

143 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Tinubu Begs Igbo In Lagos, Osinbajo Appeals To Hausa Community For Votes by phase1: 10:52pm On Feb 20, 2019
Tinubu, your zombies insult us a lot, there is no evil that Buhari meted on the East that they did not support.

Buhari called us 5%ers, they jubilated!

Buhari marginalized us, they claimed we 'cannot reap where didn't sow' that it was 'winner takes all'

Buhari killed our youths in the East, your supporters were throwing owambe and jumping up in joy.

Tinubu, I'm sorry, we want to help but our hands are tied, we and our cousins in the SS have resolved to play by the rules written in your own playbook. We are not voting APC, it declared itself the enemy of the East and SS, so why should we vote your party?

A party that does not deem it fit to have an Igbo security chief will not be supported by the East. A party whose pre-requisite for membership is rabid hate for the East even if the person is Igbo.

We've waited too long for this day, even Kanu couldn't stop us from making you and your party pay. There are 2.2 million registered voters in Anambra, 2.1 million have their PVC as we speak, the sole motivation was the 4 years of insult your APC zombies dished out to us. Vote your candidate and let us vote our candidate in peace.

337 Likes 42 Shares

Re: Tinubu Begs Igbo In Lagos, Osinbajo Appeals To Hausa Community For Votes by mushystuff: 10:55pm On Feb 20, 2019
Will they put polling booths on the lagoon for Igbos that d Oba sentenced there?

He warned that the party would monitor election results in Igbo-dominated areas such as Amuwo-Odofin, Ojo, Ajeromi-Ifelodun, and Surulere in anticipation of votes for APC.

The idiotic, dirty old drug baron is even still threatening those he's supposedly pleading with.

168 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Tinubu Begs Igbo In Lagos, Osinbajo Appeals To Hausa Community For Votes by slivertongue: 11:03pm On Feb 20, 2019
5% ain't important!!!

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tinubu Begs Igbo In Lagos, Osinbajo Appeals To Hausa Community For Votes by Gabriel004: 11:04pm On Feb 20, 2019
Why begging?

16 Likes

Re: Tinubu Begs Igbo In Lagos, Osinbajo Appeals To Hausa Community For Votes by phase1: 11:07pm On Feb 20, 2019
mushystuff:
Will they put polling booths on the lagoon for Igbos that d Oba sentenced there?

The idiotic, dirty old drug baron is even still threatening those he's supposedly pleading with.

You don't threaten the Igbo man to do your bidding. In fact the fastest way to make him do the opposite of what you want is to threaten him. You wouldn't dare!

117 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Tinubu Begs Igbo In Lagos, Osinbajo Appeals To Hausa Community For Votes by Kylekent59: 11:13pm On Feb 20, 2019
He is begging igbos because there is no way to rig again grin grin

APC didn't come to rule at first, they came to fight and for revenge.

APC's administration crippled our economy times 2

APC put everyone in a state of misplaced priority. Some Nigerians don't even know their right again.

Say no to APC.

143 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Tinubu Begs Igbo In Lagos, Osinbajo Appeals To Hausa Community For Votes by Akiara: 11:36pm On Feb 20, 2019
It's so surprising that this drug baron is soliciting for votes from those he taxes heavily and his e-rats call all unprintable names.

But the fact still remains that IGBOs beef with Tinubu is based on him not allowing vibrant people to run the affairs of Lagos for the betterment of all and sundry.

Your Children and Family shouldn't be having an overwhelming presence in all facets of Lagos Businesses.

Your wife is a Senator unopposed.
Your Daughter Is the head of Market women.
Your relative is the head of BRT.
Your family are heads of other parastatals

Na only your family and cronies know Book....pass other vibrant Yoruba sons and daughters?

IT'S JUST TOO MUCH AND IT'S SICK.

Leave the stage and focus on actually being a silent elder that would foster unity.

Concerning your subtle threat.........TINUBU you no REACH! EVEN YOUR OLUOMO THUG GO COLLECT angry

As for the NL ...E-Rat Cartel.....Even your Saviour has seen the handwriting on the wall.Where una dey?? angry

As for the 'next level' be rest assured that 'JIMI AGBAJE'' a Bonafide LAGOSIAN is the Next Governor of Lagos State...Shikena grin grin

107 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Tinubu Begs Igbo In Lagos, Osinbajo Appeals To Hausa Community For Votes by tobby98: 11:39pm On Feb 20, 2019
I am a Yoruba but this Igbos are the most sophisticated sets of people in Nigeria. They know their onions and go for it...Igbos are not just voting Atiku coz of Obi but because Atiku is a business man and the Igbo race is business friendly..
I Oluwatobiloba would vote Atiku for a better economy...Osinbajo is a Yoruba shey e put food for my table?

237 Likes 22 Shares

Re: Tinubu Begs Igbo In Lagos, Osinbajo Appeals To Hausa Community For Votes by Racoon(m): 11:41pm On Feb 20, 2019
Hehehe! See desperation! shocked grin grin grin cheesy So the hour of decision have come and the "awon Okoros" cum "5%ters" are now invaluable right?

Meanwhile, the NL mummified zombies have masturbated themselves to stupor over this same contribution of my umunne'm to the political equation of Lagos/Nigeria. Meanwhile, ka ara gbagbue gi there.Ano ofia.

So Tinubu went to solicit votes from the "awon Okoros" while his pet boy VP Osinbajo is sourcing votes from among the abokis whose masters @ the National level does not trust Him to be part of their all near core northern caste cabal security council meeting ystdy.See his seat empty.

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tinubu Begs Igbo In Lagos, Osinbajo Appeals To Hausa Community For Votes by limeta(f): 11:42pm On Feb 20, 2019
“We don’t discriminate against them for NECO fees. We don’t discriminate against them for JAMB fees. Even in our universities, they take the benefit of our tuition and allowances and all that.

APC is just pure shit

71 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Tinubu Begs Igbo In Lagos, Osinbajo Appeals To Hausa Community For Votes by senatordave1(m): 11:42pm On Feb 20, 2019
limeta:

APC is just pure shit
I have decided to follow buhari
I have decided to follow baba
No turning back,no turning back

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tinubu Begs Igbo In Lagos, Osinbajo Appeals To Hausa Community For Votes by tobby98: 11:44pm On Feb 20, 2019
Let's be sincere with ourselves....what has Osinbajo being a Yoruba done to the common Yoruba man on the streets?
Hunger and poverty knows no tribe or ethnicity... if the election had occurred last week I could have voted PMB bcoz of Osinbajo but that has changed now..
I am fully Atikulated... at least from my household alone I want to contribute 20 votes

120 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Tinubu Begs Igbo In Lagos, Osinbajo Appeals To Hausa Community For Votes by nwanyionitsha: 11:45pm On Feb 20, 2019
tobby98:
I am a Yoruba but this Igbos are the most sophisticated sets of people in Nigeria. They know their onions and go for it...Igbos are not just voting Atiku coz of Obi but because Atiku is a business man and the Igbo race is business friendly..
I Oluwatobiloba would vote Atiku for a better economy...Osinbajo is a Yoruba shey e put food for my table?
For real? Wow. A round of applause.

72 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Tinubu Begs Igbo In Lagos, Osinbajo Appeals To Hausa Community For Votes by limeta(f): 11:46pm On Feb 20, 2019
senatordave1:

Yes pls follow him to duara instead of 150 cows now it will be 151 gay cows

89 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Tinubu Begs Igbo In Lagos, Osinbajo Appeals To Hausa Community For Votes by tobby98: 11:46pm On Feb 20, 2019
senatordave1:
I have decided to follow buhari I have decided to follow buhari I have decided to follow baba No turning back,no turning back
You are grown up nah! how much did they pay to remain blind to the truth forever?

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tinubu Begs Igbo In Lagos, Osinbajo Appeals To Hausa Community For Votes by nwanyionitsha: 11:46pm On Feb 20, 2019
senatordave1:

Na your luck. We are Atikulated Obidiently.

42 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Tinubu Begs Igbo In Lagos, Osinbajo Appeals To Hausa Community For Votes by nwanyionitsha: 11:47pm On Feb 20, 2019
tobby98:
Let's be sincere with ourselves....what has Osinbajo being a Yoruba done to the common Yoruba man on the streets?
Hunger and poverty knows no tribe or ethnicity... if the election had occurred last week I could have voted PMB bcoz of Osinbajo but that has changed now..
I am fully Atikulated... at least from my household alone I want to contribute 20 votes
Another round of applause.

46 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tinubu Begs Igbo In Lagos, Osinbajo Appeals To Hausa Community For Votes by sogodihno: 11:49pm On Feb 20, 2019
phase1:
Tinubu, your zombies insult us a lot, there is no evil that Buhari meted on the East that they did not support.

Buhari marginalized us, they claimed we 'cannot reap where didn't sow' that it was 'winner takes all'

Buhari killed our youths in the East, your supporters were throwing owambe and jumping up in joy.

Tinubu, I'm sorry, we want to help but our hands are tied, we and our cousins in the SS have resolved to play by the rules written in your own playbook. We are not voting APC, it declared itself the enemy of the East and SS, so why should we vote your party?

A party that does not deem it fit to have an Igbo security chief will not be supported by the East. A party whose pre-requisite for membership is rabid hate for the East even if the person is Igbo.

We've waited too long for this day, even Kanu couldn't stop us from making you and your party pay. There are 2.2 million registered voters in Anambra, 2.1 million have their PVC as we speak, the sole motivation was the 4 years of insult your APC zombies dished out to us. Vote your candidate and let us vote our candidate in peace.

lolz, 5%, did u vote him in 2015, did he not win? anyway, less than 48 hours to go, we will know who is who den, at least, this ur rant go stop. I can assure u that Katsina and Borno votes alone will swallow all the votes Atiku will be getting in ur entire region.

I stand with PMB.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tinubu Begs Igbo In Lagos, Osinbajo Appeals To Hausa Community For Votes by MrAJQ(m): 11:49pm On Feb 20, 2019
Racoon:
Hehehe! See desperation! Tinubu went to solicit votes from the "awon Okoros" while his pet boy VP Osinbajo is sourcing votes from among the abokis whose masters @ the National level does not trust Him to be part of their near-almost core northern security council meeting ystdy.See his seat empty.

This kind of thinking will make you look very foolish

Re: Tinubu Begs Igbo In Lagos, Osinbajo Appeals To Hausa Community For Votes by senatordave1(m): 12:06am On Feb 21, 2019
tobby98:

You are grown up nah!
how much did they pay to remain blind to the truth forever?
But atiku has blinded you na?
Re: Tinubu Begs Igbo In Lagos, Osinbajo Appeals To Hausa Community For Votes by senatordave1(m): 12:07am On Feb 21, 2019
nwanyionitsha:
Na your luck. We are Atikulated Obidiently.
I have decided to vote buhari
I have decided to vote baba
No turning back
No atikulootion
Re: Tinubu Begs Igbo In Lagos, Osinbajo Appeals To Hausa Community For Votes by senatordave1(m): 12:08am On Feb 21, 2019
limeta:

Yes pls follow him to duara instead of 150 cows now it will 151 gay cows
Go and tell them,go and tell them that buhari is coming back again...

Re: Tinubu Begs Igbo In Lagos, Osinbajo Appeals To Hausa Community For Votes by sogodihno: 12:13am On Feb 21, 2019
tobby98:

Stop ranting, what did PDP do for Yoruba in 16 years? we av railway now in just 3 years, wat do u av in PDP for 16 years, am waiting. most likely you are not Yoruba, but Yoruba wannabe.

Yoruba stand with Osinbajo, we will not vote Atiku. EOD.

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tinubu Begs Igbo In Lagos, Osinbajo Appeals To Hausa Community For Votes by Gentleziggy(m): 12:16am On Feb 21, 2019
D rich beggar of Lagos grin

Re: Tinubu Begs Igbo In Lagos, Osinbajo Appeals To Hausa Community For Votes by princemillla(m): 12:20am On Feb 21, 2019
Desperados

Re: Tinubu Begs Igbo In Lagos, Osinbajo Appeals To Hausa Community For Votes by NothingDoMe: 12:26am On Feb 21, 2019
phase1:

Re: Tinubu Begs Igbo In Lagos, Osinbajo Appeals To Hausa Community For Votes by nwanyionitsha: 12:29am On Feb 21, 2019
senatordave1:

I have decided to vote baba
No turning back
No atikulootion
No time. Atiku to salvage the nation Obidiently.

Re: Tinubu Begs Igbo In Lagos, Osinbajo Appeals To Hausa Community For Votes by Modarun(m): 12:45am On Feb 21, 2019
Someone should inform this selfish bag of fart and his rubber stamp Agbero of an Oba, Fashola and house boy Osibanjo that Ndigbo were in Lagos long before he thought of pedling narcotics on the streets of U.S. Igbos have been around long enough to knw with or without Tinubu lagos would still be the economic hub of Nigeria. They can keep decieving thier Zombies, but Tinubu didnt make Lagos. Lagos was made what it is by the preference it got as Nigerian Capital. So he shoukd stop barking like a mad dog cos Ndigbo are not senseless people. The threats worked in 2015, but not this time.
Tinubu and his co travellers should have thought about the implications of going against the collective interests of the entire South before he pitched tent with the fanatic North to Oust a President from the South. Yeah they can keep decieving themselves but we all know that move was to clinch 2023 and not the lies they told about neglect. Of it were they should tell the entire SOUTH, what Obasanjo did for Yorubas in 2003 before they voted enmass for him against Buhari and Rimi? Tinubu and hisbgang of agberos should have thought about that when he and his boys Fashola and Osinajo were shooting off their mouths about 2023. This clown wants Ndigbos to help him in his greedy plot to steal Igbos chance of becoming president whenever power returns to the South? Yorubas can oy decieve themselves, but the rest of the greater South are collective in their agreement that Yorubas have already spent their own term from 1999-2007 (8years), Yorubas cannot decieve the rest of the South with their giberish. Since Tinubu and co thinks they are smart and can be president on their terms, make them go try their luck and leave the rest of the South alone abi na by force to follow una stupidity?. After all they said Ndigbos and the south south are insignificant 5%.

28 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tinubu Begs Igbo In Lagos, Osinbajo Appeals To Hausa Community For Votes by senatordave1(m): 1:02am On Feb 21, 2019
nwanyionitsha:
No time. Atiku to salvage the nation Obidiently.
Go and salvage the filth in osha first.

Dapo Abiodun Visit OOUTH, Was Disappointed By The Deplorable & Substandard State / Buhari And His Federal Character Virus - The Guardian Editorial / Rivers Government Drags FG To Supreme Court Over VAT

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68