Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,163 members, 7,818,535 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:12 PM

How I Paid $30,000 Into Onnoghen’s Domiciliary Account, Agi Opens Up - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How I Paid $30,000 Into Onnoghen’s Domiciliary Account, Agi Opens Up (37909 Views)

EFCC Seizes Passport Of Joe Agi For Paying $30,000 Into Onnoghen's Account / Atiku Reacts To CJN Onnoghen's Petition in CCB / Embattled Justice Onnoghen To Be Replaced By Justice Tanko Ibrahim Mohammed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Paid $30,000 Into Onnoghen’s Domiciliary Account, Agi Opens Up by ivandragon: 7:22am On Feb 21, 2019
How I paid $30,000 into Onnoghen’s domiciliary account, Agi opens up

AS controversies continue to trail the inability of the suspended Chief Justice of Nigeria (CJN), Walter Onnoghen, in declaring his complete bank account in his assets declaration form he submitted to the Code of Conduct Bureau upon his appointment as CJN, a lawyer and former Peoples Democractic Party (PDP) governorship aspirant in Cross River State, Joe Agi, SAN has said he particularly deposited the sum of $30,000 for Onnoghen.

This was even as he alleged that the Attorney General of the Federation, Mallam Abubakar Malami, and those he described as a cabal were after him because he (Agi) did not only expose them but also secured the refund of the fraudulent deduction of $3,18 billion from local governments account by the Federal Government in the Paris Club fund.

His explanation came amidst his recent arraignment by the federal government for allegedly bribing the suspended CJN with the amount for a favourable judgment.

ALSO READ: CBN Cautions FG On External Borrowing
The legal luminary, explained the role he played in the suspended CJN’s domiciliary account in a statement he sent to Vanguard, Wednesday, following accusation of bribing Onnoghen with the money for a favourable judgement.

Agi said he deposited the money in the suspended CJN’s domiciliary account having collected the money for such purpose from Onnoghen, whom he said, was not aware such account existed nor knew how to open and operate it.
He said in the statement: “In the year 2009, I brought to his knowledge that he can open a domiciliary account instead of travelling with cash from Nigeria to abroad on seminars, holidays, conferences or medical trips.

“My Lord Justice Onnoghen said he had no idea since the opening of foreign account was forbidden for Public Officers. I informed him that domiciliary account is not a foreign bank account as it is opened and operated within the local banks in Nigeria.

“It was on this note that I went to my banker and obtained Account Opening Forms for him as a friend and senior brother.

“He completed the forms and I refereed him. He gave me $30,000, being left over of his allowances for overseas seminars, holidays, conferences or medical trips to deposit for him as the first deposit.

“This, I did in 2009, that is 10 years ago. After that, he operated the account himself without me paying even a cent into that account till date.”

“Now, 10 years after, I am again being vilified and accused of giving Justice Onnoghen bribe.

“If I may ask, a bribe for what case? In the Supreme Court panel, they sit in five or seven persons, was the $30,000 for the five or seven justices? And for what case? This is another huge joke aimed at vilifying my person by the same cabal who are hell bent on tarnishing my image as an aftermath of the exposure of the Paris Club fraud.”

The Senior Advocate of Nigeria, SAN, challenged the Minister of Justice and Attorney General of the Federation, Mallam Abubakar Malami, who instituted the case against him to come up with evidence to support his claim that the $30 ,000 traced to the account of the suspended Chief Justice of Nigeria, Justice Onnoghen, was a bribe to compromise the trial on the exposed $ 3.18 billion paris club fruad.

He explained that though he convinced the suspended CJN to open the said domiciliary account with the Standard Chartered Bank 10 years ago with an initial deposit of $30,000, the deposit was never a bribe to the CJN or the trial judge in the Paris Club’s fraud case, Justice Adeniyi Ademola.

According to him, rather than the government to pay him his legal fee of over N 70 million for exposing and winning the case in court, Mallami and the same cabal had framed him up with trump up charges including bribing the suspended CJN.

Mr Agi said it was a huge joke to have said he bribed the respected Justice of supreme Court justice Ademola with N30 million and a jeep to secure the ruling on the Paris Club refund .

“Is it a crime for judges to have friends or acquaintances? I challenge the Attorney General Malami, SAN and the EFCC to come forward with their proof that the $30,000 Onnoghen sent me to deposit for him 10 years ago was as a result of bribery.

“I challenge them to come out openly on the real reason why they are out to tarnish my image. They should be bold enough to open up rather than hiding under the guise of fight against corruption as a smokescreen to launch a smear campaign against my person.

“The government should be sincere and serious about fighting corruption and not be engaged in the deliberate destruction of the names of its citizens whom they perceive as enemies.

“Which Nigerian alive today can say he has not benefited from the Paris Club Refund? Yet, Joe Agi, SAN who is the face of Paris Club refund is being hounded and haunted instead of being celebrated. God save us!

“Let it be known that very prominent people in the present government have corruptly and fraudulently taken the legal fees due to me from the Paris Club Refund and the EFCC has seen nothing wrong with it,” he further said.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2019/02/how-i-paid-30000-into-onnoghens-domiciliary-account-agi-opens-up/

10 Likes

Re: How I Paid $30,000 Into Onnoghen’s Domiciliary Account, Agi Opens Up by ct2: 7:27am On Feb 21, 2019
Buhari thanks to you ,

when criminals here Buharis name , they start getting frighten

buhari till 2023 , my pvc for u

142 Likes 12 Shares

Re: How I Paid $30,000 Into Onnoghen’s Domiciliary Account, Agi Opens Up by Boyooosa(m): 7:27am On Feb 21, 2019
No problem, we know u guys are smart but can never be smarter than the truth.
If truly, it was a case of bribe, even a baby lawyer will unravel the cooked lies but the regenerating issue we have in this country is that all sensitive cases of this nature are politically intended; one, the accusers are doing it for political gains, two, worse still, the people that will speak for him, bail him out, or eventually come to power and throw the case off him, will do that for political reasons.
Uhnnn, and when somebody called Africa a sheethole, we flaired up. But it is crystal clear that we own a fockednation!

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How I Paid $30,000 Into Onnoghen’s Domiciliary Account, Agi Opens Up by Nobody: 7:28am On Feb 21, 2019
Believe me all this are sponsored propaganda and controversies championed by the APC to further tarnish Onoghen image. They are just to desperate set of people that are trying all means to counter all loopholes that may stand their way of winning Saturdays election by rigging.

Nigerians are wisher than this shit.

65 Likes 8 Shares

Re: How I Paid $30,000 Into Onnoghen’s Domiciliary Account, Agi Opens Up by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:28am On Feb 21, 2019
Matters arising from different quarters....

No wonder Our Former Chief Justice is hyperventilating and threatening to expose his accomplice...

Spill it out short man, we can't wait...

41 Likes 8 Shares

Re: How I Paid $30,000 Into Onnoghen’s Domiciliary Account, Agi Opens Up by stevesharon: 7:29am On Feb 21, 2019
30k dollars is not a big money for a Chief Judge..

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Paid $30,000 Into Onnoghen’s Domiciliary Account, Agi Opens Up by peacettw: 7:29am On Feb 21, 2019
The level of grandstanding from both parties is just shocking

"Agi said he deposited the money in the suspended CJN’s domiciliary account having collected the money for such purpose from Onnoghen, whom he said, was not aware such account existed nor knew how to open and operate it."

"“It was on this note that I went to my banker and obtained Account Opening Forms for him as a friend and senior brother."

16 Likes

Re: How I Paid $30,000 Into Onnoghen’s Domiciliary Account, Agi Opens Up by Seetto: 7:29am On Feb 21, 2019
PDP anointed thief judge....

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Paid $30,000 Into Onnoghen’s Domiciliary Account, Agi Opens Up by Houstency(m): 7:29am On Feb 21, 2019

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Paid $30,000 Into Onnoghen’s Domiciliary Account, Agi Opens Up by ironheart(m): 7:29am On Feb 21, 2019
Funny lawyer

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Paid $30,000 Into Onnoghen’s Domiciliary Account, Agi Opens Up by Timothy92: 7:30am On Feb 21, 2019
Please , one of my brother come out with second class uper, elect elect
And he is looking for work , please if u can help

Re: How I Paid $30,000 Into Onnoghen’s Domiciliary Account, Agi Opens Up by crafteck(m): 7:30am On Feb 21, 2019
Lol
Re: How I Paid $30,000 Into Onnoghen’s Domiciliary Account, Agi Opens Up by tola9jaa: 7:30am On Feb 21, 2019
The Esogban of Benin Kingdom, Chief David Edebiri, has commended President Muhammadu Buhari for the courage and political will to suspend Justice Walter Onnoghen as the Chief Justice of Nigeria.

Chief Edebiri said the action would go down well with the masses of Nigerians.

Edebiri said Nigerians who have constituted themselves into professional supporters club of corruptive tendencies should have a rethink that the wealth of the country belongs to all Nigerians and not few of them who threaten to pull down the roof each time a member of their club is accused of any wrong doing.

Speaking in a chat with newsmen, Chief Edebiri said the planned arraignment of Justice Onnoghen before the Code of Conduct Tribunal was a breakthrough in the fight against corruption in the country.

Chief Edebiri lampooned those threatening to pull down heavens because of Justice Onnoghen and described them as poor students of history.

Edebiri noted that Chief Awolowo was arraigned on phantom coup plot charges and sentenced to 10 years imprisonment and his powerful political party, the Action Group did not pull down the roof.

His word, “Are these people crying not aware that the Zik of Africa and the doyen of Nigerian politics and nationalism was in February 1953 charged before the Sir Foster Sutton Tribunal for alleged wrong doing regarding the finances of African Continental Bank founded by him.

“Zik with all the powers and support of a solid ethnic group did not threaten to pull down the roof of the house. He submitted to the trial which found him guilty. Zik responded by resigning as the leader of government business in the Eastern region.

“Those who hinged all their hopes on becoming the President of Nigeria through ‘Technical Knockout option (TKO) will not go back to the drawing table to strategize on how to win the people’s vote through lawful and constitutional means.

“President Buhari has taken good steps. Justice Onnoghen is not the first VIP to be put on trial. Others have been put on trial and heavens did not fall. What is strange in the CJN being made to face trial.

“Justice Onnoghen should face trial and if he is found innocent, he goes back to his work.”

Ayekooto Akindele

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How I Paid $30,000 Into Onnoghen’s Domiciliary Account, Agi Opens Up by rman: 7:31am On Feb 21, 2019
His explanation is still not tidy enough.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Paid $30,000 Into Onnoghen’s Domiciliary Account, Agi Opens Up by Campusparot: 7:31am On Feb 21, 2019
God bless pdp
God bless Atiku
God bless CJN

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Paid $30,000 Into Onnoghen’s Domiciliary Account, Agi Opens Up by Nobody: 7:31am On Feb 21, 2019
Atiku dosent have natural supporters. Just buhari enemies

39 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How I Paid $30,000 Into Onnoghen’s Domiciliary Account, Agi Opens Up by dokie: 7:31am On Feb 21, 2019
They have no case against the man.

FG should just give up.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Paid $30,000 Into Onnoghen’s Domiciliary Account, Agi Opens Up by MrAnele(m): 7:31am On Feb 21, 2019
See money

See my signature

1 Like

Re: How I Paid $30,000 Into Onnoghen’s Domiciliary Account, Agi Opens Up by ekems2017(f): 7:31am On Feb 21, 2019
Hmmmm Finally the truth has prevailed. FG and APC should bow in shame

13 Likes

Re: How I Paid $30,000 Into Onnoghen’s Domiciliary Account, Agi Opens Up by Fuckyoumod: 7:32am On Feb 21, 2019
K
Re: How I Paid $30,000 Into Onnoghen’s Domiciliary Account, Agi Opens Up by Hotzone(m): 7:32am On Feb 21, 2019
I will pour heny with SK if Buhari lose Saturday election

3 Likes

Re: How I Paid $30,000 Into Onnoghen’s Domiciliary Account, Agi Opens Up by nurex01(m): 7:32am On Feb 21, 2019
Truth be told. I don't know what to say here

2 Likes

Re: How I Paid $30,000 Into Onnoghen’s Domiciliary Account, Agi Opens Up by sgtponzihater1(m): 7:33am On Feb 21, 2019
undecided what do we even believe?
Re: How I Paid $30,000 Into Onnoghen’s Domiciliary Account, Agi Opens Up by AngelicBeing: 7:33am On Feb 21, 2019
sad
Re: How I Paid $30,000 Into Onnoghen’s Domiciliary Account, Agi Opens Up by Pavore9: 7:33am On Feb 21, 2019
Yawns.
Re: How I Paid $30,000 Into Onnoghen’s Domiciliary Account, Agi Opens Up by WetinUGain: 7:33am On Feb 21, 2019
Yimu....He asked u to deposit d said amount in his account and u deposited it in ur own name...yeye dey smell

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Paid $30,000 Into Onnoghen’s Domiciliary Account, Agi Opens Up by saracus(f): 7:33am On Feb 21, 2019
dokie:
They have no case against the man.

FG should just give up.
as simple as that

2 Likes

Re: How I Paid $30,000 Into Onnoghen’s Domiciliary Account, Agi Opens Up by IMASTEX: 7:34am On Feb 21, 2019
rman:
His explanation is still not tidy enough.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Oyibo Odinamadu, First Igbo Woman To Drive A Car Dies At 94 / Jonathan And ECOWAS Members Visit Obi, Tinubu, Atiku And Kwankwaso / Rashida Bello Doles Out N1m Each To Security Aides, Domestic Staff, Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.