Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,158 members, 7,818,514 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:44 PM

Who Is The First African To Score A Hatrick In The Uefa Champions League? - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Who Is The First African To Score A Hatrick In The Uefa Champions League? (4508 Views)

UEFA Champions League Draw - Live / Messi's Hatrick Secures Barca Win In 9 Goal Thriller / 2012/2013 UEFA Champions League Matches Today (notables) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Is The First African To Score A Hatrick In The Uefa Champions League? by sinistyle(m): 4:02pm On Aug 26, 2010
Who is the first African to score in the UEFA Champions League? I had an arguement with a coupla guys and they think its Drogba. Well I think it's Eto'o
Re: Who Is The First African To Score A Hatrick In The Uefa Champions League? by medjai(m): 4:26pm On Aug 26, 2010
actually, its none of them. Yakubu Aiyegbeni is the first and I think only African to have scored a hatrick in the UCL. That was back in his Maccabi Haifa days. I think it was against Man United. The guy has a whole lot of firsts. He is also the first African to reach the 100 goal mark in the EPL

1 Like

Re: Who Is The First African To Score A Hatrick In The Uefa Champions League? by Brisingr(m): 4:42pm On Aug 26, 2010
If only he plays well for 9yja
Re: Who Is The First African To Score A Hatrick In The Uefa Champions League? by medjai(m): 6:28pm On Aug 26, 2010
Nigerians will never forgive Yak for that miss. What a miss that was. I think it was Karma
Re: Who Is The First African To Score A Hatrick In The Uefa Champions League? by davidif: 5:12am On Sep 13, 2010
medjai:

actually, its none of them. Yakubu Aiyegbeni is the first and I think only African to have scored a hatrick in the UCL. That was back in his Maccabi Haifa days. I think it was against Man United. The guy has a whole lot of firsts. He is also the first African to reach the 100 goal mark in the EPL

I saw the highlight of that game when it happened. I really didn't know it was him, i would have thought it would be George Weah or someone else.
Re: Who Is The First African To Score A Hatrick In The Uefa Champions League? by Nobody: 10:11am On Sep 13, 2010
It's Yakubu.
2002-03 with Maccabi Haifa against Man United
Re: Who Is The First African To Score A Hatrick In The Uefa Champions League? by kurlarpur: 12:56pm On Aug 04, 2014
Yakubu Aiyegbeni didn't score up to 100 EPL goals.....
Didier Drogba is the first African to reach that land mark...

(1) (Reply)

Manchester United Do Not Play Attacking Football / Funny Footballer's Name / Euro 2012 Draws

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.