Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,519 members, 7,812,610 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:10 PM

Cab Drivers Fight Uber Drivers At Lagos Airport - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Cab Drivers Fight Uber Drivers At Lagos Airport (21617 Views)

Vehicle Registration And Drivers Licence Processing / Vehicle Registration And Drivers Licence / Autonomy Cab: First Taxi Robot Unveiled To The Public (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cab Drivers Fight Uber Drivers At Lagos Airport by August21(m): 8:35pm On Feb 21, 2019
We have gotten footage of a fight that reportedly happened between Cab drivers and Uber drivers at the local wing of the Murtala Mohammed Airport in Lagos today.
According, to Instablog9ja the exact cause of the fight is yet unknown, although some eye witness reported that it must have been due to the belief by the Cab drivers that the Uber drivers are encroaching into their territory”.
It took the intervention of soldiers before normalcy was finally restored to the section of the airport as the Soldiers told the cab drivers that they were wrong as the Uber drivers also pay for parking space in the airport.
With the introduction of Uber transport services in Lagos and some other metropolitan cities in Nigeria, cab drivers have reportedly been the worse hit as most upwardly mobile Nigerians have since joined the trend of Uber users around the World and this has led to a reduction in the earnings of the cab drivers. .
Uber, a technology transport network, was founded in March 2009 in San Francisco, California, U.S. The Uber app connects driver-partners and riders. Driver-partners use their own vehicles to pick up riders and drive them to their destinations and are paid for each completed trip.

Watch Video here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpwqbaUPYjk
Re: Cab Drivers Fight Uber Drivers At Lagos Airport by nifemi25(m): 8:49pm On Feb 21, 2019
This car drivers doesn't want to see Uber driver close to them.

8 Likes

Re: Cab Drivers Fight Uber Drivers At Lagos Airport by pooozeee(m): 8:58pm On Feb 21, 2019
The cab drivers are getting out of business everyday so they don't won't to see uber or taxify drivers anywhere around them

18 Likes

Re: Cab Drivers Fight Uber Drivers At Lagos Airport by Aimwest(m): 9:23pm On Feb 21, 2019
Both are now playing cat and rat
Check my signature for affordable HP deskjet 2130
Re: Cab Drivers Fight Uber Drivers At Lagos Airport by cr7lomo: 9:36pm On Feb 21, 2019
Cab drivers are lazy and stubborn due to illiteracy...the system has evolved, they should join the trend...u park at the airport from morning waiting for customers,then u charge them crazy fairs....y should I pay for airport tax when with my uber app, I cud get half the price...

127 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Cab Drivers Fight Uber Drivers At Lagos Airport by deepwater(f): 10:27pm On Feb 21, 2019
The negative effect of not flowing with a tides.
Illiteracy caught up with them

46 Likes

Re: Cab Drivers Fight Uber Drivers At Lagos Airport by bettercreature(m): 9:30am On Feb 22, 2019
deepwater:
The negative effect of not flowing with a tides.
Illiteracy caught up with them
It has nothing to do with illiteracy,Uber has its own disadvantages. It kills taxi business and that is why they are against it in uk,China,Italy,Australia and several other countries,Taxi drivers are paying taxes and regulated,i mean each taxi has its own territory unlike Uber where anyone can just decide to be a rider and enter any territory

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cab Drivers Fight Uber Drivers At Lagos Airport by virginboy1(m): 9:30am On Feb 22, 2019
Next Fight will be between Gokada and Okada riders.... cheesy

By the way we are voting out "Next Level of Poverty tomorrow".

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cab Drivers Fight Uber Drivers At Lagos Airport by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:31am On Feb 22, 2019
Shame!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Cab Drivers Fight Uber Drivers At Lagos Airport by Haymaykar(m): 9:31am On Feb 22, 2019
Uber drivers don steal their business....,hhhaaaaa

1 Like

Re: Cab Drivers Fight Uber Drivers At Lagos Airport by Nobody: 9:31am On Feb 22, 2019
Truly Uber and Taxify dey Pursue taxi drivers

But if we look am wella they are all brothers both Uber Taxify gokada and cab drivers na just say level pass level cheesy

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cab Drivers Fight Uber Drivers At Lagos Airport by Cutefergieee: 9:31am On Feb 22, 2019
Ok
Re: Cab Drivers Fight Uber Drivers At Lagos Airport by faithfull18(f): 9:31am On Feb 22, 2019
Lol, most businesses that aren't monopolies right now are experiencing survival of the fittest.?

1 Like

Re: Cab Drivers Fight Uber Drivers At Lagos Airport by Cumtroller: 9:32am On Feb 22, 2019
Afonjas keep disgracing the Federal Republic of Nigeria both home and away with their uncouth, violent, disgusting and repugnant behavior.

5 Likes

Re: Cab Drivers Fight Uber Drivers At Lagos Airport by dayleke: 9:33am On Feb 22, 2019
Uber drivers are "summoned" and not "solicited" for...

2 Likes

Re: Cab Drivers Fight Uber Drivers At Lagos Airport by Buffalo2(m): 9:33am On Feb 22, 2019
It's a matter of time before they disappear like their 'molue' counterparts. Bunch of foolish illetrates

2 Likes

Re: Cab Drivers Fight Uber Drivers At Lagos Airport by eyeview: 9:34am On Feb 22, 2019
These cab drivers are the "ruddest" bunch with their expensive services.
I recently went for a function and I used taxify. At the end, my fare was N1,500. By the time I was coming back, my phone had run down and I couldn't hail any, hence I had to go to the cab drivers. They wouldn't carry me for N2,500! Same distance I took at N1500

37 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Cab Drivers Fight Uber Drivers At Lagos Airport by ALCOHOLKILLS(m): 9:34am On Feb 22, 2019
uber should be abolished, let's use nigeria products, to grow n9ja grin cheesy cheesy grin

2 Likes

Re: Cab Drivers Fight Uber Drivers At Lagos Airport by pasqual111: 9:37am On Feb 22, 2019
so funny

1 Like

Re: Cab Drivers Fight Uber Drivers At Lagos Airport by Hedonisst: 9:38am On Feb 22, 2019
bettercreature:
It has nothing to do with illiteracy,Uber has its own disadvantages. It kills taxi business and that is why they are against it in uk,China,Italy,Australia and several other countries,Taxi drivers are paying taxes and regulated,i mean each taxi has its own territory unlike Uber where anyone can just decide to be a rider and enter any territory

What is my business with that, as a customer? Business is business. Whoever can provide the best value at the cheapest price for the customer, wins. It's that simple.

If your business model doesn't allow you to be competitive, then you'll have to quit that business rather than whine and fight your better rival.

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Cab Drivers Fight Uber Drivers At Lagos Airport by Rexnegro(m): 9:38am On Feb 22, 2019
jealousy or what
Re: Cab Drivers Fight Uber Drivers At Lagos Airport by BedLam: 9:38am On Feb 22, 2019
bettercreature:
stop miseducating people. You think Uber is the only taxi hailing company out there ? Those countries don't even have Uber as their number one! You should Google Didi, Yandex, gett taxi.

Who told you Uber doesn't pay tax ? As long as they have an office, they pay their due tax unless the Nigerian factor crops on.

25 Likes

Re: Cab Drivers Fight Uber Drivers At Lagos Airport by islandmoon: 9:39am On Feb 22, 2019
we need open economy, this will break Tinubu power all the drivers associations are loyal to him

1 Like

Re: Cab Drivers Fight Uber Drivers At Lagos Airport by booz(m): 9:41am On Feb 22, 2019
They want to cleave to their monopoly. It goes a long way to tell you how parochial they are. Instead of looking for how to improve on their services to outperform competition, they'd rather resort to violence and voodoo! NURTW & RTEAN inclusive.

6 Likes

Re: Cab Drivers Fight Uber Drivers At Lagos Airport by bettercreature(m): 9:42am On Feb 22, 2019
BedLam:
stop miseducating people. You think Uber is the only taxi hailing company out there ? Those countries don't even have Uber as their number one! You should Google Didi, Yandex, gett taxi.
You obviously don’t know anything, go and complete your research on google,Those you mentioned are regulated by the government and operate by territory unlike Uber that isn’t organized

2 Likes

Re: Cab Drivers Fight Uber Drivers At Lagos Airport by NewCaliYork: 9:43am On Feb 22, 2019
It’s just a matter of time before they’ll go out of business. Why will I take a dirty cab with an uncouth and illiterate driver when I can order for Uber at my convenience,moderate charges and more safer unlike the cab drivers who likes to take advantage of every situation. Even in foreign countries where their cab system is efficient,the cab drivers are feeling the brunt of the influx of Uber, Lyft et al.It is those Taxi drivers that I pity,their shakara go soon end when everybody begin hail Uber,that time na hunger dem go dey as their cabs ain’t no match for Uber,lyft et al.

8 Likes

Re: Cab Drivers Fight Uber Drivers At Lagos Airport by bigtt76(f): 9:44am On Feb 22, 2019
The cabbies are uncouth, arrogant and dirty. They will harrass the life out of you and still overcharge you. A dirty old cab will want to charge you a fare higher than an Uber which is clean and decent. How did they figure out an Uber car sef? undecided Our people sef ...they will be forming entitlement because they called an Uber service angry

8 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Authentic Tin Can Cleared Document For Cotonu Vehicles "Max 2days" / Fresh & Hot Foreign Used 016 Lexus Nx300h N19m / Section For The Budget Of Cars Below 1 Million Naira. (500k - 1m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.