Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,330 members, 7,836,394 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:04 AM

The Supportive Spouse - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / The Supportive Spouse (4712 Views)

The Admission Of One Spouse To Paradise Does Not Necessarily Mean.... / Finding The Perfect Spouse / Which Name Will You Like Your Spouse To Call You ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Supportive Spouse by Lukgaf(m): 4:03am On Feb 22, 2019
Sayyidah Zainab Thaqafiyyah (radhiyallahu ‘anha), also known by the name ‘Raitah’, was the respected wife of the renowned Sahaabi, Sayyiduna ‘Abdullah bin Mas‘ood (radhiyallahu ‘anhu).

Sayyiduna ‘Abdullah bin Mas‘ood (radhiyallahu ‘anhu) had dedicated his time to remaining in the blessed company of Rasulullah (sallallahu ‘alaihi wasallam) to serve him and acquire the knowledge of Deen from him. Through this effort, Allah Ta‘ala blessed him to become one of the leading Sahaabah (radhiyallahu ‘anhum) in the field of the knowledge of Deen.

Sayyiduna ‘Abdullah bin Mas‘ood (radhiyallahu ‘anhu) did not possess abundant wealth, and he had sacrificed earning a living to acquire the knowledge of Deen from Rasulullah (sallallahu ‘alaihi wasallam). As for his wife, Sayyidah Zainab (radhiyallahu ‘anha), she not only accepted his decision happily, but even tried her best to assist him in his noble endeavour! She would thus see to the needs of the household – which included the orphaned children of her brother and sister – by making things and selling them (from home) in order to earn an income.

One day, Sayyidah Zainab (radhiyallahu ‘anha) heard Rasulullah (sallallahu ‘alaihi wasallam) address the women saying, “Give charity, even if it be through selling your jewellery!” When she heard this, Sayyidah Zainab (radhiyallahu ‘anha) mentioned to Sayyiduna ‘Abdullah bin Mas‘ood (radhiyallahu ‘anhu), “By spending on the household, I am unable to give money in charity!” Sayyiduna ‘Abdullah bin Mas‘ood (radhiyallahu ‘anhu) answered, “If spending on your household is not rewarding for you, I would not be happy for you to spend on us.”

Sayyidah Zainab (radhiyallahu ‘anha) thus went to Rasulullah (sallallahu ‘alaihi wasallam) and addressed her concern to him saying, “I am a woman who makes things and sells (from home). Neither my husband, nor my children nor I possess wealth. Due to spending on my family, I am unable to give money in charity. Will I receive reward of charity for spending on them?” Rasulullah (sallallahu ‘alaihi wasallam) replied, “So long as you spend on them, you will receive the reward of charity, so continue spending on them.” In another narration, Rasulullah (sallallahu ‘alaihi wasallam) said that she would receive a double reward; one reward for maintaining family ties (through spending on family) and a separate reward for charity.

(Saheeh Bukhaari #1466, Fat-hul Baari vol. 3, pg. 419 and Usdul Ghaabah vol. 5, pgs. 291 & 302)

Lessons:

1. When a woman assists her husband and children in their Deeni endeavours, then even though she may be comfortable in her home while they are out doing Deeni work, she has a full share in their efforts and thus shares in their rewards as well. Hence, Sayyidah Zainab (radhiyallahu ‘anha) was not only running a ‘home industry’, she was running a full-blown factory that was generating rewards in the Aakhirah on an industrial scale.

2. When giving charity, a person should first try to find recipients from his own family, as he will earn a double reward through giving to relatives. When giving family, he does not have to embarrass them by telling them that it is charity. Instead, he may give it to them in the guise of a gift. However, although charity starts at home, it does not end there. If a person has any surplus money to give in charity, he should give to other recipients and spend in other avenues as well.

3. Although they did not have abundant wealth, Sayyidah Zainab (radhiyallahu ‘anha) had taken in her brother’s and sister’s orphaned children and was raising them, looking after them and spending on them from her own money. This is the spirit advocated by Islam – the spirit of love, compassion, sympathy, generosity and care for one and all.

4. Despite the good deeds that she was already performing, Sayyidah Zainab (radhiyallahu ‘anha) was not complacent. Rather, she wanted to increase her good deeds by giving charity as well, even though she did not possess abundant wealth.

http://uswatulmuslimah.co.za/

1 Like

Re: The Supportive Spouse by sarahade(f): 12:31am On Feb 24, 2019
Women have suffered. So men can't support their wife abi.
Continue.
Please show me where it is in the Qur'an than women are men slaves .

2 Likes

Re: The Supportive Spouse by Rashduct4luv(m): 9:26am On Feb 27, 2019
This s/he above me! I still can't really fathom his/her identity!

Why not kuku request to be created as a male!

Who is s/he asking to show him/her where it is in the Qur'an where women are men's slave?

Serve yourself!

1 Like

Re: The Supportive Spouse by sarahade(f): 12:04am On Feb 28, 2019
Rashduct4luv:
This s/he above me! I still can't really fathom his/her identity!

Why not kuku request to be created as a male!

Who is s/he asking to show him/her where it is in the Qur'an where women are men's slave?

Serve yourself!

Men should support themselves women have their own problems to deal with men are not babies or children.

2 Likes

Re: The Supportive Spouse by Rashduct4luv(m): 9:19am On Feb 28, 2019
sarahade:

Men should support themselves women have their own problems to deal with men are not babies or children.

Stop sharing your frustrations online please!

You shouldn't have gotten married since you have lots of problem to deal with. Why not deal with it with your family?
Re: The Supportive Spouse by sarahade(f): 4:30pm On Feb 28, 2019
Rashduct4luv:

You shouldn't have gotten married since you have lots of problem to deal with. Why not deal with it with your family?

I'm not married to a boy but a man and we deal with our problems together.

Get a life and stop looking for a woman to help deal with your psycho attitude.

3 Likes

Re: The Supportive Spouse by sarahade(f): 4:31pm On Feb 28, 2019
Rashduct4luv:

.I'm not married to a boy but a man and we deal with our problems together

2 Likes

Re: The Supportive Spouse by Rashduct4luv(m): 4:59pm On Feb 28, 2019
sarahade:

.I'm not married to a boy but a man and we deal with our problems together

I have a life. But you don't look as you claim. All your words are inconsistent!

May Allah guide u and us!

1 Like

Re: The Supportive Spouse by sarahade(f): 8:18pm On Feb 28, 2019
Rashduct4luv:

I have a life. But you don't look as you claim. All your words are inconsistent!

May Allah guide u and us!

You don't have a life. We help eachother not i help him only.

2 Likes

Re: The Supportive Spouse by KIDfurniture(m): 9:17am On Mar 01, 2019
May the true Allah forgive us all
Re: The Supportive Spouse by Nobody: 9:18am On Mar 01, 2019
Infinix Hot 6XPro for sale
32/3Gig ram
Very clean
For swap with infinix note 4 or techno pouvoir 2 swapping conditions
Your phone must be evidently neat with receipt not more than a year old witjout any fault.
Selling price 45k
Tel: 08084288195

(1) (Reply)

Is There Sign Of The End Time In The Koran? / Animals, Even The Birds / The Known Existing Books Of Allah- II

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.