Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,446 members, 7,846,850 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 03:55 AM

Nigeria Left Egypt, To 4 Years In The Wilderness + 4 Years In The Promise Land - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Left Egypt, To 4 Years In The Wilderness + 4 Years In The Promise Land (1762 Views)

Sudan : Nigerian Airforce Finally Arrived Egypt To Evacuate Nigerians (photos) / Peter Obi Visits Egypt To Study Their System / Egypt To Deport 7 Nigerians Over End SARS Protest. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Left Egypt, To 4 Years In The Wilderness + 4 Years In The Promise Land by Nobody: 10:29am On Feb 22, 2019
I just received this revelation this morning while I was praying, that nothing probably illustrates this current phase of God's master plan for Nigeria, as that of the nation of Israel being in the wilderness after they had been rescued from the land of their bondage, Egypt.

For while they were in Egypt and suffering greatly in the hands of their oppressors, the Egyptians, it was said:

Exodus 2:23-24 (KJV)

And it came to pass in process of time, that the king of Egypt died: and the children of Israel sighed by reason of the bondage, and they cried, and their cry came up unto God by reason of the bondage.
And God heard their groaning, and God remembered his covenant with Abraham, with Isaac, and with Jacob.

Now the Israelites were in so much in bondage to their Egyptian oppressors that they cried and sighed.

And it was said that it was their cry that God heard that made Him remember His covenant with their ancestors, Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.

And that was what made God to send to them a messiah called Moses, to deliver them from the hands of their Egyptian oppressors, by taking them out of Egypt, the land of their oppression, towards bringing them to Canaan, the land of promise which He had sworn to Abraham that He would give to his descendants, and that Moses accomplished.(Exodus 3-14)

Now initially the children of Israel were very excited and rejoiced that God had heard their cry, and taken them out of the land of Egypt and hence delivered them from the hands of their Egyptian oppressors(Exodus 15), it wasn't long before the same people were said have begun murmuring as it was said:

Exodus 16:2-3 (KJV)

And the whole congregation of the children of Israel murmured against Moses and Aaron in the wilderness:
And the children of Israel said unto them, Would to God we had died by the hand of the LORD in the land of Egypt, when we sat by the flesh pots, and when we did eat bread to the full; for ye have brought us forth into this wilderness, to kill this whole assembly with hunger.

Now imagine that, the same people that sighed and cried by reason of bondage in the land of Egypt and in the hands of their Egyptian oppressors, were now the people that were saying that were telling the Messiah that God had sent to rescue them, that they would have preferred that God had left them to die in the land of Egypt, and in the hands of their oppressors, because at least they had enough food to eat while they were in Egypt.

Sounds very familiar don't it? For the hunger in the wilderness phase of God's comprehensive plan to take His people to the promise land, makes them to prefer that He had left them in Eqypt the land of their affliction and bondage, just because they at least had enough food to eat while they were yet there.

But they didn't know that the wilderness phase/level was very fundamental to God's grand and final plan of taking them to the promise land, as it was intended to test and prepare them for that next and final phase/level.

Deuteronomy 8:2-3(KJV)

And thou shalt remember all the way which the LORD thy God led thee these forty years in the wilderness, to humble thee, and to prove thee, to know what was in thine heart, whether thou wouldest keep his commandments, or no.
And he humbled thee, and suffered thee to hunger, and fed thee with manna, which thou knewest not, neither did thy fathers know; that he might make thee know that man doth not live by bread only, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of the LORD doth man live.

But despite that the wilderness experience was just a prep phase of God masterplan to bring the nation of Israel to the promise land, the children of Israel were so impatient to wait and yield themselves to God arrangement, and let it take its course as the saying goes, "a hungry man is an angry man".

And hence their murmurings, revolts, assassination attempts on Moses' life, and genuine attempts to return back to the land of Egypt, that made most of them not to make it to the promise land that God initially intended for them.

And for their such rebellious attitude during the wilderness phase to get to Moses, who was Godsent in their respect, to the extent that he would err in the sight of God, that would result in God not letting him get into the promise land himself, but only get a glimpse of it from afar, clearly showed how they badly reacted to what was meant to just be a prep phase.

Which brings us to an almost identical situation in Nigeria, for Nigerians had cried by reason of their bondage in the land of Egypt and in the hands of their oppressors, and hence God heard their cry and sent them a messiah in the person of President Buhari.

And President Buhari has taken Nigeria out of the land of their bondage in Egypt, and from the hands of their oppressors and brought them to the wilderness phase of God's master plan of taking Nigeria to the promise land, with the wilderness phase meant to be just a prep phase for the next and final phase of the promise land.

But because of the hunger in the wilderness phase, many Nigerians who had cried to God by reason of their bondage and affliction in the land of Egypt, and in the hands of their oppressors, are now saying that they wished that God had left them in Egypt, as despite their bondage there, they yet had food to eat and there was no hunger there in Egypt.

Hence some of them are making genuine efforts to return to the land of their bondage and affliction in Egypt.

Hence this is intended to remind them of their tears and cries to God as a reason of their bondage in the land of Egypt, and also to make them understand that the first four years in the wilderness was just a phase, which was meant to prepare them for God's masterplan to take them to the promise land.

And that they have virtually gone passed the wilderness phase, so any attempt to return now to Egypt because of hunger would be the greatest error that the nation has ever made.

And I'm not one who reads much into numbers, but is there something really about the number four?

For the Israelites were in the hands and land of their affliction(Egypt) and oppressors respectively for four hundred years, and they were supposed to be in the wilderness for forty days, but because of their rebellious ways ended up staying there for forty years, and Moses was forty years when he fled Egypt, and returned to the Egypt after forty years, and also stayed in the wilderness for forty years with the Israelites, etc. Hmmm.

But thank Nigeria didn't have to stay in the wilderness phase for forty years as the nation of Israel but just four years, now we've done the hard part, so let nothing stop us from reaping the fruits of our labour and hunger in the wilderness phase, and getting into the next phase and level of the promise land.

God bless Nigeria.
Re: Nigeria Left Egypt, To 4 Years In The Wilderness + 4 Years In The Promise Land by larrymoore(m): 10:58am On Feb 22, 2019
4+4

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Left Egypt, To 4 Years In The Wilderness + 4 Years In The Promise Land by Gandollaar(f): 11:00am On Feb 22, 2019
Now I believe those that call you "the Antichrist" in the religious section.

This buhari that even Those that brought him to power knew he had nothing to offer is what you claimed your God showed you as Messiah in your drug induced dream. The serial recessionist! The religious bigot! The ethnic jingoist! An 18th century relic! A vengeful arrogant bitter soul!

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Left Egypt, To 4 Years In The Wilderness + 4 Years In The Promise Land by HappyPagan: 11:05am On Feb 22, 2019
You know the 'real' Egypt and Israel have no records of your biblical myth?
Re: Nigeria Left Egypt, To 4 Years In The Wilderness + 4 Years In The Promise Land by Nobody: 11:44am On Feb 22, 2019
Gandollaar:

This buhari that even Those that brought him to power knew he had nothing to offer is what you claimed your God showed you as Messiah in your drug induced dream. The serial recessionist! The religious bigot! The ethnic jingoist! An 18th century relic! A vengeful arrogant bitter soul!
Wow! You had to wait for so long!

See how much time you wasted.

I'm gonna help you backdate the day you believed such said about me, so that at least you would have had that benefit for much longer.

Good riddance

#Nonspiritualsense

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Left Egypt, To 4 Years In The Wilderness + 4 Years In The Promise Land by NothingDoMe: 11:55am On Feb 22, 2019
jesusjnr:

I'm gonna help you backdate the day you believed such said about me, so that at least you would have had that benefit for much longer.

Good riddance

#Nonspiritualsense
Dont twist scripture for your own selfish agenda

In reality, this case should be likened to a despotic ruler that the people prayed against and God sends a better one to deliver them from oppression.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Left Egypt, To 4 Years In The Wilderness + 4 Years In The Promise Land by frbona: 12:12pm On Feb 22, 2019
Quit derailing every thread with your scam!!!!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Left Egypt, To 4 Years In The Wilderness + 4 Years In The Promise Land by Nobody: 12:32pm On Feb 22, 2019
frbona:
Quit derailing every thread with your scam!!!!
Was this intended for me?
Re: Nigeria Left Egypt, To 4 Years In The Wilderness + 4 Years In The Promise Land by frbona: 12:34pm On Feb 22, 2019
jesusjnr:
no sir
Sorry sir
Re: Nigeria Left Egypt, To 4 Years In The Wilderness + 4 Years In The Promise Land by Gandollaar(f): 12:39pm On Feb 22, 2019
jesusjnr:

Good riddance

#Nonspiritualsense
Get behind me you evil child! Go to the religious section and continue to propagate your heresy there. This is politics section and an unfamiliar turf for you.
Re: Nigeria Left Egypt, To 4 Years In The Wilderness + 4 Years In The Promise Land by Gandollaar(f): 12:41pm On Feb 22, 2019
jesusjnr:
Imagine? The arrogance you exude permeates the faceless forum and can be touched with the bare hands. So annoying undecided
Re: Nigeria Left Egypt, To 4 Years In The Wilderness + 4 Years In The Promise Land by Nobody: 1:06pm On Feb 22, 2019
frbona:
no sir Sorry sir
OK for those who post unrelated stuff up and down.
Don't be sorry, far
You are probably the most welcomed here so far

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Left Egypt, To 4 Years In The Wilderness + 4 Years In The Promise Land by Nobody: 1:10pm On Feb 22, 2019
Gandollaar:
Get behind me you evil child! Go to the religious section and continue to propagate your heresy there. This is politics section and an unfamiliar turf for you.
Yeah right!

Really unfamiliar!

Re: Nigeria Left Egypt, To 4 Years In The Wilderness + 4 Years In The Promise Land by Gandollaar(f): 1:31pm On Feb 22, 2019
jesusjnr:
Yeah right!

Really unfamiliar!
Hungry pastors. By their fruits you know them.
Re: Nigeria Left Egypt, To 4 Years In The Wilderness + 4 Years In The Promise Land by helinues: 1:31pm On Feb 22, 2019

Re: Nigeria Left Egypt, To 4 Years In The Wilderness + 4 Years In The Promise Land by Nobody: 1:54pm On Feb 22, 2019
Gandollaar:
Hungry pastors. By their fruits you know them.
Hungry pastors like Peter you mean?

Exposed yourself to be a mammon worshipper.

No wonder you're so pained, because money is your god, and you use that to judge pastors now, because it money that qualifies or disqualifies them.

#moderndaypharisees
Re: Nigeria Left Egypt, To 4 Years In The Wilderness + 4 Years In The Promise Land by Gandollaar(f): 2:02pm On Feb 22, 2019
jesusjnr:
Hungry pastors like Peter you mean?

Exposed yourself to be a mammon worshipper.

No wonder you're so pained, because money is your god, and you use that to judge pastors now, because it money that qualifies or disqualifies them.

#moderndaypharisees
I don't have time for a closet atheist like yourself because you already carry the mark of destruction on your forehead.

Pls don't ever quote me again.

Return to religion section and face the true christains there who are monitoring your every heretic threads.
Re: Nigeria Left Egypt, To 4 Years In The Wilderness + 4 Years In The Promise Land by Nobody: 2:16pm On Feb 22, 2019
Gandollaar:
I don't have time for a closet atheist like yourself because you already carry the mark of destruction on your forehead.

Pls don't ever quote me again.

Return to religion section and face the true christains there who are monitoring your every heretic threads.
It better to be a closet atheist than to be a mammon worshipper as yourself.

So you can spend all your time with your money god, i'm sure he'll be able to give your a very suitable room in hell for your everlasting habitations.
Re: Nigeria Left Egypt, To 4 Years In The Wilderness + 4 Years In The Promise Land by Ojiofor: 2:51pm On Feb 22, 2019
Buhari have taken Nigeria from promised land to Sudan. If you know, you know.
Re: Nigeria Left Egypt, To 4 Years In The Wilderness + 4 Years In The Promise Land by FarahAideed: 2:54pm On Feb 22, 2019
God punish anyone that wants to support Buhari using lies
Re: Nigeria Left Egypt, To 4 Years In The Wilderness + 4 Years In The Promise Land by Amacaco: 3:33pm On Feb 22, 2019
@op, if Buhari brought us out of Egypt and took us through the wilderness as you said, he should please hand over to Atiku (our Joshua) to take us to the promised land. Moses died on the way and our President should do the needful.
Re: Nigeria Left Egypt, To 4 Years In The Wilderness + 4 Years In The Promise Land by Nobody: 3:46pm On Feb 22, 2019
Amacaco:
@op, if Buhari brought us out of Egypt and took us through the wilderness as you said, he should please hand over to Atiku (our Joshua) to take us to the promised land. Moses died on the way and our President should do the needful.
You mean take us back to Egypt, no way oh!

For Atiku is a representation of Pharaoh for he's not in the camp of the Moses, but if you had said Osibanjo who is like a Joshua, you would have made more sense, but not a Pharaoh oh, never again.

Tomorrow we shall find out.

So just be patient.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Left Egypt, To 4 Years In The Wilderness + 4 Years In The Promise Land by bedspread: 3:56pm On Feb 22, 2019
[s]
jesusjnr:
You mean take us back to Egypt, no way oh!

For Atiku is a representation of Pharaoh for he's not in the camp of the Moses, but if you had said Osibanjo who is like a Joshua, you would have made more sense, but not a Pharaoh oh, never again.

Tomorrow we shall find out.

So just be patient.
[/s]
Buhari is GONE
Re: Nigeria Left Egypt, To 4 Years In The Wilderness + 4 Years In The Promise Land by Nobody: 4:02pm On Feb 22, 2019
bedspread:
[s][/s]
Buhari is GONE
Thank God it's just it not that far, so we'd see who's right.
Re: Nigeria Left Egypt, To 4 Years In The Wilderness + 4 Years In The Promise Land by Nobody: 4:11pm On Feb 22, 2019
NothingDoMe:
Dont twist scripture for your own selfish agenda

In reality, this case should be likened to a despotic ruler that the people prayed against and God sends a better one to deliver them from oppression.
Selfish agenda? cheesy

Wow! how further from the truth can someone get?

Well you are entitled to your own opinion even though my opinion of your opinion is that your opinion is an ignorant and blind opinion.
Re: Nigeria Left Egypt, To 4 Years In The Wilderness + 4 Years In The Promise Land by Nobody: 4:54am On Feb 23, 2019
FarahAideed:
God punish anyone that wants to support Buhari using lies
Well if na me you mean, the your are on a very long thing, except your god is not my God.

For my God is with me all the time, all the time my God is with me! grin
Re: Nigeria Left Egypt, To 4 Years In The Wilderness + 4 Years In The Promise Land by Nobody: 3:00pm On Feb 27, 2019
Gandollaar:

Yeah! All of the above by you and many church folks has won reelection and hence become the next president of Nigeria, so "the Antichrist" according to the likes of you has at least gotten a part right.
Re: Nigeria Left Egypt, To 4 Years In The Wilderness + 4 Years In The Promise Land by Gandollaar(f): 3:41pm On Feb 27, 2019
jesusjnr:
Yeah! All of the above by you and many church folks has won reelection and hence become the next president of Nigeria, so "the Antichrist" according to the likes of you has at least gotten a part right.
Please Fvck off! Mosquito!
Re: Nigeria Left Egypt, To 4 Years In The Wilderness + 4 Years In The Promise Land by Nobody: 3:48pm On Feb 27, 2019
Gandollaar:
Please Fvck off! Mosquito!
Thank God the truth has revealed the christian in you!
Re: Nigeria Left Egypt, To 4 Years In The Wilderness + 4 Years In The Promise Land by Gandollaar(f): 3:51pm On Feb 27, 2019
jesusjnr:
Thank God the truth has revealed the christian in you!
Go to the religious section where the real christains know how to put you in your place. Stop barking up the wrong tree.
Re: Nigeria Left Egypt, To 4 Years In The Wilderness + 4 Years In The Promise Land by Nobody: 4:02pm On Feb 27, 2019
Gandollaar:
Go to the religious section where the real christains know how to put you in your place. Stop barking up the wrong tree.
Oh now it's no longer the outcome that puts someone in his place, and the winner takes all, just because it's in my favor?

You can see that wherever I am, God is with me and hence God has and would keep putting you all back in your place.

Let useless Christians as you all in God's sight say whatever the hell you like about me, your opinion concerning me is as useless as it is in God's sight hence I would treat it as such from henceforth.

But as far as the politics section of Nairaland goes, you can go to hell and burn to ashes if my coming here bothers you, because it's going to become a norm as you can already see.

So you have no other choice but to get used to it or find your self proving the useless force you are in trying to stop me.

#nonspiritualsense! cool

(1) (2) (Reply)

Has Any Yoruba Tasted Political Seat In The East? / Senator Abe Reacts To Supreme Court Decision On Rivers APC / Ekiti State: APC Reports Governor Fayemi To President Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.