Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,185 members, 7,860,257 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 08:24 AM

Ajalorun To Kashamu: You're Qualified To Be Amosun’s Successor - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ajalorun To Kashamu: You're Qualified To Be Amosun’s Successor (509 Views)

Reply To Kashamu: Let’s Be Kind To The Dead, Tinubu Tells Obasanjo / Amosun Commissions International Breweries Plc Bara Ogun, Largest In West Africa / Olufunso Amosun Is Worried Over Weight Gain (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ajalorun To Kashamu: You're Qualified To Be Amosun’s Successor by Kavuki: 10:59am On Feb 22, 2019
Ajalorun endorses Kashamu as Amosun’s successor

The Ajalorun of Ijebu-Ife, His Royal Highness, Oba Adesesan Afolorunsho Oguntayo, has endorsed the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) governorship candidate in Ogun State, Senator Buruji Kashamu, as a suitable successor to Governor Ibikunle Amosun.

The monarch made the declaration on Thursday when Senator Kashamu paid him a courtesy call at his palace in Ijebu-Ife.

"You are a worthy son of Ijebuland. You are our pride. I am in support of your ambition. You have what it takes to lead this state.

"You have performed well as a Senator. You are an accomplished businessman. I have no doubt that you will do well as governor," the traditional ruler said.

Oba Oguntayo assured Senator Kashamu that the traditional council would mobilise support for the realisation of his ambition.

The traditional ruler, who was wowed by Kashamu’s presentation, said he nursed no doubt that he was prepared for the task of taking the state to greater heights.

According to the monarch, Senator Kashamu stood head and shoulder above other candidates.

Earlier in his address, the PDP governorship candidate thanked the monarch and the chiefs present at the meeting, reiterating his commitment to taking Ogun State to greater heights.

"Sirs, Ogun State is blessed with abundant mineral resources. We can create wealth for the state if the resources are well utilised. We shall link Ogun Water Side and Ijebu East with Lagos State, by so doing, we will open our state for investors to come in, thereby providing jobs for our children.

"Also, my administration will give financial autonomy to local government authorities, they shall be given their allocations in full. It is the only way they can function well. We shall also strengthen the traditional institutions because the local governments hold the key to the development of the community and the state at large," he said.

He also promised that his administration would avail Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises of interest-free loans to boost their businesses.

The governorship hopeful assured the monarch and others in attendance that within 90 days of resumption as governor, tuition fees in the state-owned tertiary institutions would be scaled down.

Speaking further, he said, his development agenda “Will turn around things for the better in the state.”

Re: Ajalorun To Kashamu: You're Qualified To Be Amosun’s Successor by yomi961: 11:05am On Feb 22, 2019
if apc win ogun in this governorship election, i go deactivate my account

(1) (Reply)

President Muhammadu Buhari On Course To Win Today's Polls - International Polls / Have You Voted?who Did You Vote For? / Breaking: PDP Rejects Presidential Election Results

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.