Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,043 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:46 AM

What Does NYSC Mean To A Guy? - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / What Does NYSC Mean To A Guy? (5056 Views)

Does Nysc Hq Knows This? / How Long Does NYSC Online Redeployment Take / Pls Which Ghana Universities Does NYSC Accepts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Does NYSC Mean To A Guy? by IyaBasira: 3:45pm On Aug 27, 2010
I was talking to a guy  one day and he mentioned NYSC and was saying stuff like " Men  . . . I cant wait for NYSC , I just can't ". And I was like " What's so special about it? "  but he just laughed and said  nothing.

Now that may seem extremely irrelevant, but I have since heard that NYSC is merely an avenue for everyone to sleep with as many people as they can.
I don't know much about NYSC myself so I thought I'd ask. If what I heard is true, then what happens to those in relationships who go for it? Do they just go with the flow and sleep with as many people as they like?

Thanks for any future replies.
Re: What Does NYSC Mean To A Guy? by Omolola1(f): 3:50pm On Aug 27, 2010
my cousin who is on NYSC in Adamawa state is HAVING FUN! he said he is aving great s3x. nd hs fiance dey hia dey wait~
Re: What Does NYSC Mean To A Guy? by Creamish(f): 3:55pm On Aug 27, 2010
Its d only time when some guyz think they can have fun and run . . .afterall its just 1 yr . . . but some sane ones actually find their life partners there . . . i know some of dem. After camp, consequencies make dem realise dat the world is actually round . . .
Re: What Does NYSC Mean To A Guy? by jaybee3(m): 3:59pm On Aug 27, 2010
Didn't do 1 so i may never know embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: What Does NYSC Mean To A Guy? by IyaBasira: 4:01pm On Aug 27, 2010
Omolola1:

my cousin who is on NYSC in Adamawa state is HAVING FUN! he said he is aving great s3x. nd hs fiance dey hia dey wait~

Honestly? Did he really say so? undecided
Re: What Does NYSC Mean To A Guy? by 1104(f): 4:02pm On Aug 27, 2010
NYSC is a tyme 2 get free Phock.!

everytin is actually free even the women,

but after nysc comes the STORM!!
Re: What Does NYSC Mean To A Guy? by MOBO444(f): 4:03pm On Aug 27, 2010
NYSC rocks, it the best part of the Nigeria guys live.
Re: What Does NYSC Mean To A Guy? by tpiah: 4:04pm On Aug 27, 2010
mainly s.ex ie booty calls.
Re: What Does NYSC Mean To A Guy? by Omolola1(f): 4:07pm On Aug 27, 2010
@iya basira, yes he did o! infact am surprised cos when he was in lag, he doesnt look at oda gurls twice. am so surprisd
Re: What Does NYSC Mean To A Guy? by googles: 4:12pm On Aug 27, 2010
jay bee:

Didn't do 1 so i may never know embarassed embarassed embarassed

trust me you are not missing anything

@OP

nothing special abt it. . . . except if sleeping with camped girls in khaki uniforms is now a special thing undecided
Re: What Does NYSC Mean To A Guy? by IyaBasira: 4:29pm On Aug 27, 2010
Omolola1:

@iya basira, yes he did o! infact am surprised cos when he was in lag, he doesnt look at oda gurls twice. am so surprisd

WOW . . . his fiancee is in deep shyte . . . poor girl.
Re: What Does NYSC Mean To A Guy? by Omolola1(f): 4:34pm On Aug 27, 2010
Not only shit, she is in HOT WATER! She called not too long ago, but am not in the position to tell her what is going on
Re: What Does NYSC Mean To A Guy? by tpiah: 4:38pm On Aug 27, 2010
some yoruba guys in particular tend to go haywire during youth service or when they leave home, because many of them arent used to being so unrestricted.

i could be wrong but that's what i observed.

they see so many girls available for the picking, with no strings attached [unlike home], and they just jump on board and "enjoy".
Re: What Does NYSC Mean To A Guy? by IyaBasira: 4:38pm On Aug 27, 2010
Omolola1:

Not only poo, she is in HOT WATER! She called not too long ago, but am not in the position to tell her what is going on

But that is messed up on so many levels  . . .  what if he gets aids or whatnot? Is there any way you can make an anonymous call to her and tell her what her bf is up to? You don't need to mention your name, of course.
Re: What Does NYSC Mean To A Guy? by IyaBasira: 4:40pm On Aug 27, 2010
tpiah:

some yoruba guys in particular tend to go haywire during youth service or when they leave home, because many of them arent used to being so unrestricted.

i could be wrong but that's what i observed.

they see so many girls available for the picking, with no strings attached [unlike home], and they just jump on board and "enjoy".

That actually scares me because the guy I was talking about is my friend's boyfriend. But he's a Warri boy and not a yoruba one like you mentioned.
Re: What Does NYSC Mean To A Guy? by Omolola1(f): 4:46pm On Aug 27, 2010
@OP, no i cant do dat, my cousin would know i told her, am the only one dat knows about it apart 4rm his friends
Re: What Does NYSC Mean To A Guy? by tpiah: 4:50pm On Aug 27, 2010
the whole thing reminds me of one pacesetter book sef- cant recall the name.

exact same scenario- some guy (a medical student i think) spent a lot of time persuading a reluctant lady to date him. She finally agreed, and they got into a serious relationship.

he then cheated on her with one lady, who proceeded to use jazz on him until the jazz no even work again (after marathon # of times having s.ex). The woman's babalawo took a liking to her and fixed it so she started getting the hots for him (babalawo) instead of the other lady's boyfriend.

The two timing guy then went back to his fiance and all was well.

until youth service, when he panshed a lady (he said he was lonely and missing his fiancee) who quickly got pregnant. He now promised marriage to this other lady.

the ex-fiancee now found out during a visit, and almost ran mad. She then became an SU and even rejected the advances of another guy on campus who wanted to marry her.

i think that's how it went.
Re: What Does NYSC Mean To A Guy? by Omolola1(f): 4:51pm On Aug 27, 2010
wow
Re: What Does NYSC Mean To A Guy? by likeme(m): 4:53pm On Aug 27, 2010
NYSC is a bridge between the school life (Aluta/felowship) and the real world (jobs, politics, church settings).

Its fun, You meet a lot of new set of people. Mine was fun, I had time for myself, I travelled,  I met the ONLY person I have ever loved. (Though she is getting married to sombody else next month- TRUE LOVE EXIST O, I prayy to find real love again sha). I had nice time in NCCF conference in JOS.

What else can I say oo, I made money, I mean goood money, Thank God
Re: What Does NYSC Mean To A Guy? by tpiah: 4:54pm On Aug 27, 2010
IyaBasira:

That actually scares me because the guy I was talking about is my friend's boyfriend. But he's a Warri boy and not a yoruba one like you mentioned.

oh, ok.
Re: What Does NYSC Mean To A Guy? by IyaBasira: 4:57pm On Aug 27, 2010
tpiah:

the whole thing reminds me of one pacesetter book sef- cant recall the name.

exact same scenario- some guy (a medical student i think) spent a lot of time persuading a reluctant lady to date him. She finally agreed, and they got into a serious relationship.

he then cheated on her with one lady, who proceeded to use jazz on him until the jazz no even work again (after marathon # of times having s.ex). The woman's babalawo took a liking to her and fixed it so she stated getting the hots for him (babalawo) instead of the other lady's boyfriend.

The two timing guy then went back to his fiance and all was well.

until youth service, when he panshed a lady (he said he was lonely and missing his fiancee) who quickly got pregnant. He now promised marriage to this other lady.

the ex-fiancee now found out during a visit, and almost ran mad. She then became an SU and even rejected the advances of another guy on campus who wanted to marry her.

i think that's how it went.

I remember that book!!!! I loved those Pace Setters series. The girls name was Rosaline and the guys name was Tade and it was called the Hopeful Lovers. Sick book.

Yeah it looks like it might turn out that way in real life from what I can see. The guy I initially spoke about has already cheated on his gf about twice or so.

Omolola1:

@OP, no i cant do dat, my cousin would know i told her, am the only one dat knows about it apart 4rm his friends

You could just say that you are ONE of the girls he has slept with on the phone when you call her anonymously. Sorry if it seems like I'm badgering you. I just wish she had some way of finding out.
Re: What Does NYSC Mean To A Guy? by Omolola1(f): 5:05pm On Aug 27, 2010
lol, its ok, thanx 4 d advice~
Re: What Does NYSC Mean To A Guy? by tpiah: 5:05pm On Aug 27, 2010
IyaBasira:

I remember that book!!!! I loved those Pace Setters series. The girls name was Rosaline and the guys name was Tade and it was called the Hopeful Lovers. Sick book.

Yeah it looks like it might turn out that way in real life from what I can see. The guy I initially spoke about has already cheated on his gf about twice or so.

that's right- it was The Hopeful lovers.

And the cheater's name was tade.

i nearly cried when i read that book.
Re: What Does NYSC Mean To A Guy? by nues1985(m): 5:12pm On Aug 27, 2010
Nice topic, well as a corper serving right now, i'd say for now it's the best thing in my life, didn't do it in camp, but then i had alot of fun with the girls in camp, but finally hooked up with a fellow batch member and having the best Bleep together,
Re: What Does NYSC Mean To A Guy? by 1104(f): 5:25pm On Aug 27, 2010
Re: What Does NYSC Mean To A Guy? by Nobody: 5:30pm On Aug 27, 2010
NYSC=National Youth Service Corps.
Re: What Does NYSC Mean To A Guy? by IyaBasira: 5:31pm On Aug 27, 2010
yorke:

NYSC=National Youth Service Corps.

Clever boy . .! Clap for yourself.   undecided
tpiah:

that's right- it was The Hopeful lovers.

And the cheater's name was tade.

i nearly cried when i read that book.

But I could never figure out whether he actually loved her or not.

1 Like

Re: What Does NYSC Mean To A Guy? by tlfacts: 5:41pm On Aug 27, 2010
IyaBasira:

I was talking to a guy one day and he mentioned NYSC and was saying stuff like " Men . . . I cant wait for NYSC , I just can't ". And I was like " What's so special about it? " but he just laughed and said nothing.

Now that may seem extremely irrelevant, but I have since heard that NYSC is merely an avenue for everyone to sleep with as many people as they can.
I don't know much about NYSC myself so I thought I'd ask. If what I heard is true, then what happens to those in relationships who go for it? Do they just go with the flow and sleep with as many people as they like?

Thanks for any future replies.

It is true, for some people the service period is when they have ''freedom'', ''freedom'' which they often misuse.
Re: What Does NYSC Mean To A Guy? by phemmy88(m): 6:06pm On Aug 27, 2010
NYSC
N= Now
Y= your
S= Struggle
C= Continues
Re: What Does NYSC Mean To A Guy? by 1104(f): 6:15pm On Aug 27, 2010
[size=13pt]NYSC== NOW YOUR SUFFERING CONTINUES

and its true, the suffering stats from immediately after the nysc those 1st few years~

No more allowee,women,nothing.

Then u would be faced with the typical 9JA hardship!
[/size]
Re: What Does NYSC Mean To A Guy? by tpiah: 8:58pm On Aug 27, 2010
IyaBasira:

But I could never figure out whether he actually loved her or not.

i dont think he did, considering the ease with which he hopped from one woman to another for different reasons.

some people are seriously handicapped when it comes to love and relationships.

they're their own worst enemy. undecided
Re: What Does NYSC Mean To A Guy? by Mcleo007(m): 9:23pm On Aug 27, 2010
NYSC is to a guy what it is to a woman as well. My relationship crumbled during service year, and my idea of women really changed from camp. I used to see women with a dignifying eye-set bt the day, abi na night (at mami maket) I lurked my 3 fingers in a married woman's (Alhaja for dt matter) p.u.ss.y, my orientation changed. To make it worse, her husband called, and evn as I tried takin my fingers away, she kept them stucked below there, enjoying the boning.
Nysc is just pooh. Phock as they come!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Call Up Number Now On Green Card / New NYSC Monthly Allowance Is Now N31,800 / A16 Ondo Corpers Let's Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.