Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,062 members, 7,810,953 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:25 PM

Chelsea Goalkeeper Kepa Releases Statement To Clear Up Strange Sub Situation - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Chelsea Goalkeeper Kepa Releases Statement To Clear Up Strange Sub Situation (27292 Views)

Chelsea Goalkeeper Kepa Fined £190,000 For Refusing To Be Substituted In EFL Cup / Why Lionel Messi Scored 2 Goals Through My Legs - Chelsea Goalkeeper, Courtois / Athletic Bilbao Goalkeeper Kepa Arrizabalaga 'will Be A Real Madrid Player (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chelsea Goalkeeper Kepa Releases Statement To Clear Up Strange Sub Situation by PizzleGold(m): 1:01am On Feb 25, 2019
The Spanish international appeared to refuse to be replaced by Willy Caballero deep into injury time of Sunday’s Carabao Cup final defeat to Manchester City after having gone down for a second time with cramp.
Sarri was visibly enraged by the situation and almost stormed down the Wembley tunnel in frustration after telling Willy Caballero to re-take his seat on the bench.

The world’s most expensive goalkeeper remained between the posts during the subsequent shoot-out defeat – diving over Sergio Aguero’s penalty before saving Leroy Sane’s effort – but the bizarre situation had already clouded over what had been a resolute display from the Blues.
After the game, Maurizio Sarri was asked about the incident and stated that it was simply a misunderstanding between player and manager.

Speaking to Sky Sports, the Italian played down the situation: “It was a misunderstanding, I heard there was a problem and we needed to change it. I realised the situation only when the doctor arrived on the bench after some minutes. It was a misunderstanding, I understood the goalkeeper had cramp and would be unable to go to the penalties.
Now, Kepa himself has given a version of events in line with that of his manager.

In an Instagram post, the Chelsea No.1 also emphasised that it was simply a misunderstanding about his injury.

The full statement read as follows:

“Upset and sad for not being able to take the title, we fought until the end against a great team. We will continue working to be stronger.

“I would also like to clarify some facts of today’s match:

“First of all, I regret how the end of the match has been portrayed. At no time has it been my intention to disobey the coach or any of his decisions.
“I think everything has been misunderstood in the heat of the final part of a match for a title. The coach thought I was not in a position to play on and my intention was to express that I was in good condition to continue helping the team, while the docs that had treated me arrived at the bench to give the message.

“I feel the image that has been portrayed was not my intention. I have full respect for the coach and his authority.”

SEE MORE: http://starnation.com.ng/chelsea-goalkeeper-kepa-releases-statement-to-clear-up-bizarre-sub-situation/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chelsea Goalkeeper Kepa Releases Statement To Clear Up Strange Sub Situation by callmeVIBRANT(m): 1:14am On Feb 25, 2019
FTC @Abel
feel my speed
i'm not a chelsea fan but i think they should give sarri a chance he still has time to prove himself.. he should not be sacked . the players should show more respect wether there's a misunderstanding or not.

6 Likes

Re: Chelsea Goalkeeper Kepa Releases Statement To Clear Up Strange Sub Situation by Nobody: 1:21am On Feb 25, 2019
mumu boy, abeg do make u spoil ur career, Nly u chop 6 goal! As worse as Courtois is, he no. chop straight 6, where dem see this yeye boy sef ooo!

#Arizabalaga not worth Chelsea shirt!

DrabEey was Here

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chelsea Goalkeeper Kepa Releases Statement To Clear Up Strange Sub Situation by PizzleGold(m): 1:31am On Feb 25, 2019
All I know is that Jorginho and David Luiz are Bastard for missing the penalty angry

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chelsea Goalkeeper Kepa Releases Statement To Clear Up Strange Sub Situation by reeblaze(m): 2:37am On Feb 25, 2019
Drabeey:
mumu boy, abeg do make u spoil ur career, Nly u chop 6 goal! As worse as Courtois is, he no. chop straight 6, where dem see this yeye boy sef ooo!

DrabEey was Here

But Courtois chop 5 straight grin for Madrid

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chelsea Goalkeeper Kepa Releases Statement To Clear Up Strange Sub Situation by Chanchit: 4:42am On Feb 25, 2019
After all the explanation, this guy still need pankere mimo.

1 Like

Re: Chelsea Goalkeeper Kepa Releases Statement To Clear Up Strange Sub Situation by Nobody: 5:29am On Feb 25, 2019
reeblaze:

But Courtois chop 5 straight grin for Madrid

5 and 6 na dsame

14 Likes

Re: Chelsea Goalkeeper Kepa Releases Statement To Clear Up Strange Sub Situation by Stanweezy(m): 6:30am On Feb 25, 2019
If I'm to be the manager of Chelsea, this guy go chop bench tire what insolence

4 Likes

Re: Chelsea Goalkeeper Kepa Releases Statement To Clear Up Strange Sub Situation by femi4: 6:32am On Feb 25, 2019
Your first season ....you are already a rebel...kontinu
Re: Chelsea Goalkeeper Kepa Releases Statement To Clear Up Strange Sub Situation by presented007(m): 7:12am On Feb 25, 2019
PizzleGold:
All I know is that Jorginho and David Luiz are Bastard for missing the penalty angry

So what do I say about Lorey Sane that scores a long range free-kick but couldn't score a Penalty?

Truth is it happens anybody can miss Penalty but Jorginho has no good intention for Chelsea that's all I can say.

OK BYE grin

17 Likes

Re: Chelsea Goalkeeper Kepa Releases Statement To Clear Up Strange Sub Situation by goodlifehyd1: 9:20am On Feb 25, 2019
The dude FKUCED up... Even when Caballero was in mancity we all knew how good he was during pk shootouts. Aguero was surprised his penalty went in. But to be honest what's the usefulness of Jorginho to this Chelsea team

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chelsea Goalkeeper Kepa Releases Statement To Clear Up Strange Sub Situation by Houseofglam7(f): 9:20am On Feb 25, 2019
undecided
Re: Chelsea Goalkeeper Kepa Releases Statement To Clear Up Strange Sub Situation by freemanbubble: 9:20am On Feb 25, 2019
Okay
Re: Chelsea Goalkeeper Kepa Releases Statement To Clear Up Strange Sub Situation by orion7: 9:20am On Feb 25, 2019
this disrespectful preeek.

cabellero is an experienced shot stopper especially penalties.

This mumu boy should be loaned to stoke city

3 Likes

Re: Chelsea Goalkeeper Kepa Releases Statement To Clear Up Strange Sub Situation by sparog(m): 9:20am On Feb 25, 2019
Kepa
Re: Chelsea Goalkeeper Kepa Releases Statement To Clear Up Strange Sub Situation by derbykol(f): 9:21am On Feb 25, 2019
Damage control

2 Likes

Re: Chelsea Goalkeeper Kepa Releases Statement To Clear Up Strange Sub Situation by kolafolabi(m): 9:23am On Feb 25, 2019
What would be would be even if Caballero eventually came in as sub

3 Likes

Re: Chelsea Goalkeeper Kepa Releases Statement To Clear Up Strange Sub Situation by hibeekay007(m): 9:24am On Feb 25, 2019
Drabeey:

DrabEey was Here
But e chop 5 against barca.
Yeye dey smell
Re: Chelsea Goalkeeper Kepa Releases Statement To Clear Up Strange Sub Situation by bettercreature(m): 9:24am On Feb 25, 2019
femi4:
Your first season ....you are already a rebel...kontinu

I think he cost Chelsea the cup,Willy Caballero is very good at saving penalties

2 Likes

Re: Chelsea Goalkeeper Kepa Releases Statement To Clear Up Strange Sub Situation by Gucciboss: 9:24am On Feb 25, 2019
presented007:

So what do I say about Lorey Sane that scores a long range free-kick but couldn't score a Penalty?

Truth is it happens anybody can miss Penalty but Jorginho has no good intention for Chelsea that's all I can say.

OK BYE grin

LOL.. This your bye picture na one million. Lemme save it first.

1 Like

Re: Chelsea Goalkeeper Kepa Releases Statement To Clear Up Strange Sub Situation by pek(m): 9:27am On Feb 25, 2019
If you have fixed scores, you would be a multi millionaire by now.

2 Likes

Re: Chelsea Goalkeeper Kepa Releases Statement To Clear Up Strange Sub Situation by Ubdavis(m): 9:27am On Feb 25, 2019
Chelsea made a big mistake to have bought this boy. He is simply overrated . There is nothing special about him.

7 Likes

Re: Chelsea Goalkeeper Kepa Releases Statement To Clear Up Strange Sub Situation by samlake(m): 9:28am On Feb 25, 2019
No excuse, it's not just their day...
Re: Chelsea Goalkeeper Kepa Releases Statement To Clear Up Strange Sub Situation by Larryslim(m): 9:29am On Feb 25, 2019
No matter what, your manager is your manager and you should respect his decision on or off the pitch, and i think this is the first time in a long time that we are seeing the player power live.
But i loved the way sarri handled the issue, if he had said anything else, it would have really made this issue big and too messy.
Sarri should just get sacked or resign, this shows that he doesn't have authority over his own players.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chelsea Goalkeeper Kepa Releases Statement To Clear Up Strange Sub Situation by Nobody: 9:29am On Feb 25, 2019
Maybe too late.... o to ge
Re: Chelsea Goalkeeper Kepa Releases Statement To Clear Up Strange Sub Situation by kamez(m): 9:29am On Feb 25, 2019
if u watched the match u would understand that it was all a misunderstanding.

the only reason why Sarri wanted to remove him was because he felt he wasn't fit enough... kepa on the other felt he was OK and that he could continue.... ..

sarri 's reaction was what made the whole scene food for the press.....

but Las Las, kepa is not worth the price Chelsea paid.... and jorginho is just a bastaard!!!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chelsea Goalkeeper Kepa Releases Statement To Clear Up Strange Sub Situation by chrisifeanyi: 9:30am On Feb 25, 2019
That guy is disgusting. Caballero has been with Mancity for long and he knows those penalty takers and stands more chance to catch their kicks. He has been very good with saving penalties. Arinze agbalaga is an idiot

5 Likes

Re: Chelsea Goalkeeper Kepa Releases Statement To Clear Up Strange Sub Situation by yungmayor02(m): 9:30am On Feb 25, 2019
Kepa arinzeabalaga!...stewpied hediot!
Re: Chelsea Goalkeeper Kepa Releases Statement To Clear Up Strange Sub Situation by Larryslim(m): 9:31am On Feb 25, 2019
bettercreature:
I think he cost Chelsea the cup,Willy Caballero is very good at saving penalties
And he was a mancity goalkeeper for years, he knows how the players take their penalties.
He just cost chelsea the only cup they had a chance to win.

1 Like

Re: Chelsea Goalkeeper Kepa Releases Statement To Clear Up Strange Sub Situation by ZUBY77(m): 9:31am On Feb 25, 2019
Stanweezy:
If I'm to be the manager of Chelsea, this guy go chop bench tire what insolence

That's exactly why you will amount to nothing.

(1) (2) (Reply)

“Talk Is Cheap” – Oshoala Backs Super Eagles To Disappoint Yaya Toure, On AFCON / Ronaldo Has Received 200 Votes MORE Than Messi Across Ballon D'or History / AFCON: 282 Held Over Unrest In France After Algeria Beat Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.