Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,949 members, 7,828,334 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:31 AM

How Atiku Won Akwa Ibom: Full Presidential Election Result - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Atiku Won Akwa Ibom: Full Presidential Election Result (8401 Views)

Had Atiku Won, It Would Have Been Over For Nigeria - Lauretta Onochie / Buba Galadima: We Have Proof Atiku Won The Presidential Election / 2019 Elections: The States Buhari And Atiku Won (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Atiku Won Akwa Ibom: Full Presidential Election Result by Hedonisst: 9:23pm On Feb 25, 2019
Xisnin:

Atiku has no image problem in the north.
Do Kwankwaso and Tambuwal also have an image problem for losing their states?
The only thing that cost a person their image in the north is religion and the last
time I checked Atiku has not left Islam.

Atiku and others' problem was that Buhari was seen as more religious than them in
the north.

In other words, Buhari was seen and is still seen as an Islamic zealot. Which is what they happen to like in the core North, being the hotbed of Islamic extremism.

It is a big shame really. That these kinds of elements have the power to decide for us who would be the leader of this diverse and complex country. In this day and age. What a shame.

2 Likes

Re: How Atiku Won Akwa Ibom: Full Presidential Election Result by AyakaDunukofia: 9:33pm On Feb 25, 2019
Asshurbanipal:

He is too westernized for their liking. He married many Christians and he is pro restructuring. The South should open their eyes. The north is now imposing their standard nationwide where poverty becomes a virtue

At the bolded, by default, that is what it is.
Re: How Atiku Won Akwa Ibom: Full Presidential Election Result by Kagawa10: 9:39pm On Feb 25, 2019
awelekiti:
bros, that's why the north would forever be backward because they're the most gullible and myopic higher animals( permit me to use the word) in the world. They follow one way, regardless of what would befall them at the end point. We are the most liberal tribe and that's why a hausa man could win in our land. How i wish the presidential candidate came from the south west, hausa would have shunned us and voted their candidate...it happened in the days of cpc and ANPP. Versus pdp. Obasanjo almost lost the second term, all thanks to his doggedness. They used all manners of instruments, including sharia and impeachment against him. Despite their dominance in power and appointments, they're still far more backward than other tribes. Now, theyre deceiving us again that after buhari( if he wins,) it's yoruba or igbo's turn. Tinubu, the thug even boasted he'd be the next president of Nigeria and some of our people are following him like mumu. Shebi it was said that after Buhari won in 2015, he sidelined Tinubu which was even confirmed by his wife remi.He would learn better this time.

Stop claiming to be Yoruba. Your post state otherwise. Be proud of your heritage for once.
Re: How Atiku Won Akwa Ibom: Full Presidential Election Result by AyakaDunukofia: 9:41pm On Feb 25, 2019
Hedonisst:

In other words, Buhari was seen and is still seen as an Islamic zealot. Which is what they happen to like in the core North, being the hotbed of Islamic extremism.

It is a big shame really. That these kinds of elements have the power to decide for us who would be the leader of this diverse and complex country. In this day and age. What a shame.

At the bolded, the results have validated this thinking given that out of the few states he won in the North, only one is a truly Hausa fulani dominated state. Benue, plateau and FCT are christian dominated. Not a good sign for the future of Nigeria's diversity.
Re: How Atiku Won Akwa Ibom: Full Presidential Election Result by Nobody: 9:46pm On Feb 25, 2019
Kagawa10:

Stop claiming to be Yoruba. Your post state otherwise. Be proud of your heritage for once.
My moniker says it all. Where is Ekiti...in the south east?
Re: How Atiku Won Akwa Ibom: Full Presidential Election Result by Blue3k(m): 9:55pm On Feb 25, 2019
Mbo LGA

PDP – 4,750

APC – 5,299

Why did they go against PDP? Anyone have any insights.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Atiku Won Akwa Ibom: Full Presidential Election Result by bluefilm: 9:56pm On Feb 25, 2019
eleojo23:
This the way I will laugh at those who will complain of hardship few months from now if Buhari wins again.

All the best...

Next level things grin

It's a pity you've forgotten you'll also be laughing at your self at the same time because we are all on this shît together.

Or maybe, who knows, you'll be seated at the right hand side of your lord and personal Savior still and laughing at us in Nigeria all the way from the Cameroons?

Onye iberibe.
Re: How Atiku Won Akwa Ibom: Full Presidential Election Result by akoaki(m): 10:01pm On Feb 25, 2019
AyakaDunukofia:
Atiku obviously has a very deep image problem in the North, very severe. Imagine if the north had reciprocated his acceptance in the SE, SS and surprisingly the SW. The SW even ignored the fact that there son is a sitting vice president and voted for him, winning two states and almost drawed in two, Osun and Lagos?

Something is wrong!
Stealing and corruption is wrong.

1 Like

Re: How Atiku Won Akwa Ibom: Full Presidential Election Result by Dakad: 10:14pm On Feb 25, 2019
If this result is true, Akpabio really delivered Akwa Ibom. Whaoooo, very unexpected. In was expecting at least 500k margin.

1 Like

Re: How Atiku Won Akwa Ibom: Full Presidential Election Result by Gopitoto: 10:41pm On Feb 25, 2019
BaaleOko:

Atiku has never been a popular figure in the Nigeria as far as politics is concerned, much less the North where he's just another regular rich guy with no clout. Compared to Buhari who is a demi god up north, Atiku stood absolutely no chance. PDP's biggest miscalculation was fielding Atiku as it's presidential candidate. Someone like Tambuwal would have been a far better asset in destroying or considerably reducing Buhari's invincibility up North... I guess PDP will bounce back stronger in 2023 cause Buhari whos probably the only reckoning force for APC... will not be there anymore.
Thank you sir.......Tambuwal would have been the best man to challenge APC and not ATIKU AND PETER OBI....
Re: How Atiku Won Akwa Ibom: Full Presidential Election Result by Soneh(m): 11:01pm On Feb 25, 2019
awelekiti:
bros, that's why the north would forever be backward because they're the most gullible and myopic higher animals( permit me to use the word) in the world. They follow one way, regardless of what would befall them at the end point. We are the most liberal tribe and that's why a hausa man could win in our land. How i wish the presidential candidate came from the south west, hausa would have shunned us and voted their candidate...it happened in the days of cpc and ANPP. Versus pdp. Obasanjo almost lost the second term, all thanks to his doggedness. They used all manners of instruments, including sharia and impeachment against him. Despite their dominance in power and appointments, they're still far more backward than other tribes. Now, theyre deceiving us again that after buhari( if he wins,) it's yoruba or igbo's turn. Tinubu, the thug even boasted he'd be the next president of Nigeria and some of our people are following him like mumu. Shebi it was said that after Buhari won in 2015, he sidelined Tinubu which was even confirmed by his wife remi.He would learn better this time.
You have a point .2023 is definitely going to be interesting.I see the Northerners standing behind El rufai come 2023. I just laugh at the yorubas and Igbos thinking the Hausas would allow them to have a shot at the presidency again.
Re: How Atiku Won Akwa Ibom: Full Presidential Election Result by pmc01(m): 11:26pm On Feb 25, 2019
Obviously, Buhari has won the election and the SE should take responsibility too, rather than putting it on the others.

Out of over 1.9 million registered voters in Enugu, only a little over 400,000 got accredited to vote.

1 Like

Re: How Atiku Won Akwa Ibom: Full Presidential Election Result by agabusta: 12:16am On Feb 26, 2019
SouthEastFacts:

Atiku problem started when he openly lead the campaign against Sharia in the North in 2000. Prior to that crisis, Atiku was named the Northern National Leader by the Northern elders.

Buhari took advantage of the rising sentiment to build his fellowership by making himself a champion of sharia

Una don come again. Which sharia did Atiku oppose in the North in 2000?

Where in the North? What did he say or do? Bring out detailed information. Don't just give us cock and bull stories.
Re: How Atiku Won Akwa Ibom: Full Presidential Election Result by SouthEastFacts: 12:21am On Feb 26, 2019
agabusta:

Una don come again. Which sharia did Atiku oppose in the North in 2000?

Where in the North? What did he say or do? Bring out detailed information. Don't just give us cock and bull stories.
Google is there to help you.
Re: How Atiku Won Akwa Ibom: Full Presidential Election Result by Nobody: 12:26am On Feb 26, 2019
Soneh:

You have a point .2023 is definitely going to be interesting.I see the Northerners standing behind El rufai come 2023. I just laugh at the yorubas and Igbos thinking the Hausas would allow them to have a shot at the presidency again.
Exactly my point. Mallams have always been betrayals of trust since the days of awolowo. You'd see them making a u turn at the dying minute on what had already been discussed or agreed upon. Then they'd remember the issues of religious and ethnic affiliation. Had Jonathan been from among them, believe me he'd have done a second term no matter what people say about him. Some of my people even vote along the religious lines. When the election is near, they pitch their tents with them but after using them to to achieve their end, they simply dump them and call their faith fske. Obasanjo used strong head for them else, he wouldnt have seen the second term.. That's buhari's mission...to return power to the north and that's why they supported him so overwhelmingly . They now hold key positions and my dundee Yoruba folks are busy shouting sai baba. I wonder what osinbajo would influence in buhari-led govt. He's just a figurehead there.
Re: How Atiku Won Akwa Ibom: Full Presidential Election Result by Nafizzey(m): 1:11am On Feb 26, 2019
AyakaDunukofia:
Atiku obviously has a very deep image problem in the North, very severe. Imagine if the north had reciprocated his acceptance in the SE, SS and surprisingly the SW. The SW even ignored the fact that there son is a sitting vice president and voted for him, winning two states and almost drawed in two, Osun and Lagos?

Something is wrong!
Atiku image problem down North falls on lack of integrity, greedy for power, political prostitute and corrupt person plus he swore to sell Nnpc.

That's how he is perceived down here in North
Re: How Atiku Won Akwa Ibom: Full Presidential Election Result by abbakacici: 1:46am On Feb 26, 2019
Kennydoc:

Even though Tambuwal has a better image in the North, he still wouldn't have won Buhari there. Is it Borno and Yobe that would have voted Tambuwal? PDP only managed to win Adamawa cos it's Atiku's home state. No other Northern politician would have won there.
actually because both FCT and governor are very weak political, in the north as long as you are a muslim, speak hausa fluently, act like a northern i.e in terms of your dress and behavior and defends northern popular opinion like structuring and state police are bad, capitalism in any shape or form is bad. that why people like atiku, El-rufai and shehu sani, nuhu ridadu will find it difficult winning national election
Re: How Atiku Won Akwa Ibom: Full Presidential Election Result by jumper524(m): 6:51am On Feb 26, 2019
awelekiti:
its unprofessional for you to term people as uneducated because you don't share the same line of reasoning.
I voted buhari, I'm from the north, I'm a muslim but I'm not fulani.
due to the fact that the two major political party in Nigeria adopt the zoning system of voting its improper to call them sentimental or illiterates for voting one northernern ahead of another who are both Fulani and Hausa.
Atiku is more Fulani than buhari for your info.
how do you explain the votes coming from Benue state??
Northerners are politically learned than any other region in Nigeria even an illiterate Okada man from the north visits newspaper stands and listen to the situation there..
Re: How Atiku Won Akwa Ibom: Full Presidential Election Result by Nobody: 7:31am On Feb 26, 2019
jumper524:
its unprofessional for you to term people as uneducated because you don't share the same line of reasoning.
I voted buhari, I'm from the north, I'm a muslim but I'm not fulani.
due to the fact that the two major political party in Nigeria adopt the zoning system of voting its improper to call them sentimental or illiterates for voting one northernern ahead of another who are both Fulani and Hausa.
Atiku is more Fulani than buhari for your info.
how do you explain the votes coming from Benue state??
Northerners are politically learned than any other region in Nigeria even an illiterate Okada man from the north visits newspaper stands and listen to the situation there..
ok. Until 2023 when the zoning is supposed to take effect, then we shall know if the north are truly faithful to the agreement or not. Their antecedents have clearly proved otherwise though.
Re: How Atiku Won Akwa Ibom: Full Presidential Election Result by Wasky101: 7:51am On Feb 26, 2019
TruthinAction:

He also had supporters in the north but results were altered. They will kidnap key PDP agents and take charge of final collating centers. They couldn't do it in all the states but they had a hold on many states.
Lies and lies everywhere. The north had very peaceful elections, no iota of violence compared to what you had in The SS, remove the SS and this election was generally peaceful. Now whose stronghold is the SS, do you see the writing on the wall??
Re: How Atiku Won Akwa Ibom: Full Presidential Election Result by Raskasal(m): 8:16am On Feb 26, 2019
Going by the LGA results posted,

APC had 175429

PDP had 397831.

Thank you Akpabio. You gave us the unprecedented.
Re: How Atiku Won Akwa Ibom: Full Presidential Election Result by buhariguy(m): 10:22am On Feb 26, 2019
BaaleOko:

Atiku has never been a popular figure in the Nigeria as far as politics is concerned, much less the North where he's just another regular rich guy with no clout. Compared to Buhari who is a demi god up north, Atiku stood absolutely no chance. PDP's biggest miscalculation was fielding Atiku as it's presidential candidate. Someone like Tambuwal would have been a far better asset in destroying or considerably reducing Buhari's invincibility up North... I guess PDP will bounce back stronger in 2023 cause Buhari whos probably the only reckoning force for APC... will not be there anymore.
which pdp Will bounce back stronger in 2023? or is it the pdp Will just concluded the burial ceremony today?
Re: How Atiku Won Akwa Ibom: Full Presidential Election Result by buhariguy(m): 10:28am On Feb 26, 2019
BaaleOko:

which pdp Will bounce back stronger in 2023? or is it the pdp Will just concluded the burial ceremony today? .

(1) (2) (Reply)

Losing Is Part Of The Game - By Femi Adesina / Nigeria’s N9tn Oil Revenue Threatened, FG Blames Theft / $9.6bn Scam: How Government Officials Aided P&ID Directors — EFCC Investigator

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.