Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,742 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:24 PM

Who Did This Dear Southeast?? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Did This Dear Southeast?? (364 Views)

Kano: 'they Tried To Whisk Away Results To Govt House, We Did This" - (pix, Vide / Woman Went To Polling Unit With WOT, Mat Did This Time (photos) / When I Was Working In The Southeast I Saw What The Igbo Could Do - Akinwumi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Who Did This Dear Southeast?? by tatax(m): 10:46am On Feb 26, 2019
Our children must be taught history. It will help them make intelligent decisions and avoid mistakes were necessary.

In 2006, Uwazurike with Massob instructed us to boycott population census, we did but till date we have never recovered and consistently are bearing the consequences. Our counterparts were even bringing their goats and cattles to be counted because their elites had already told them the implications. Alas, we stayed home in solidarity to a lunatic order.

Now, Kanu came and ordered election boycott, some people disregarded the need to get their voters card, some who had theirs burnt them, some neglected our pleads to go out and vote their future, some are fantastic keypad warriors, they hide behind their phones and PCs to type, post or tweet cool stuffs but they do nothing in the real world. Others believed it doesn't count - they are cowards who had given up before the fight started. Oh, how they believed and championed the ideas of those who reside outside our shores forgetting that the direct consequences of that decision are directly on them to bear and not on people who reside away from home. They even fought against their own. Shameful isn't?

Hmm, they declared "Okazi soup day" (stay home and eat Okazi soup) but while they stayed home, another decided their future. Where others are giving a million plus votes with ease, we are struggling to deliver four hundred thousand (400000).. and before you argue the boycott was lifted, the real damage had been done as it was few days to election and the real voters had already registered and collected their voters cards.

Well, the people we love to hate and despise have again decided for us until 4 years. How has the last 4 years been? Welcome to Next level!

Until we follow leaders whose decisions are not emotionally driven but realistically driven, until we follow leaders who are analytic in their thoughts, until we seek information and give ourselves to be truly informed, until we motivate ourselves, support our own, enlighten our children on the need for them to exercise their franchise no matter what and align accordingly to the directives of those in power, we will continue to be insignificant in the scheme of things.

Welcome to Next level my people. 4 good years of a fantastic Next level, only God knows what it would bring. A baby birthed today would be 4 then. If you are 18 now, you would be 22 then, 40 would be 44, huge number isn't?
If things are always done for you now, in four (4) years, you would have started taking responsibilities. It's a huge number if you ask me.

Thankfully to God, Life has always and will continue to be good to me, my home, family and friends regardless of what happen in the next level.

Once again, welcome to Next Level and I will watch with keen interest to see how Biafra comes in the next four (4) years.

God bless.
Re: Who Did This Dear Southeast?? by Phayie(m): 11:35am On Feb 26, 2019
SS & SE will be the one that'll suffer most for this. They should just be preparing for another python dance. Wike betrayed his party because he knows APC is not contesting the state with him, then he decided not to do too much as he did for GEJ

(1) (Reply)

See What Saraki Told The People Of Kwara After Shocking Defeat / The Rise And Fall Of The Saraki Dynasty - A.A Galadima / Nigerians Are Too Docile - If Not There Would Have Been A Revolution By Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.