Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,448 members, 7,816,035 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:10 AM

Police Intensify Patrols And Surveillance In Lagos State, Dispels Rumour - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police Intensify Patrols And Surveillance In Lagos State, Dispels Rumour (18729 Views)

Gunmen Kill Four In Anambra, Police Intensify Patrol / Police Intensify Patrols As 150 Gunmen Attack Sokoto Villages / MC Oluomo's Daughter, Mistura Ayokade Dispels Rumour About Her Father's Death (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Intensify Patrols And Surveillance In Lagos State, Dispels Rumour by naptu2: 4:57pm On Feb 26, 2019
PRESS RELEASE

Police intensify patrols and surveillance in Lagos State, dispels rumour

Attention of the Lagos State Police Command has been drawn to the news making the rounds on the internet to the effect that a group of boys popularly called the 'Area boys' are attacking Igbo traders at Oshodi, preventing them from opening their shops.

The Command wishes to debunk the rumour in its entirety as nothing could be further from the truth.

Although the Command received ditress calls from concerned Nigerians whose apprehensions were understandably heightened by disturbing rumours emanating from some social media platforms, the Command swiftly and massively deployed its personnel drawn from various units to Oshodi and environs to assuage the feelings of residents and further assure Lagosians of its readiness to decisively deal with any person or group of persons who attempts to breach the public peace.

The Commisioner of Police, Lagos State Police Command, commended Lagosians for conducting themselves in a peaceful and orderly manner during the last Saturday Presidential and National Assembly Elections. The Police with support of other Sister security agencies worked round the clock to ensure that the process was generally peaceful.

In order to sustain the peaceful atmosphere, the Command will maintain a high level of Police presence in all parts of the state with emphasis on crime prone areas.

Those celebrating should do that with modesty while those unhappy with the results have the privilege of adhering with laid down procedures of addressing their grievances as provided by the Electoral Act in the Tribunal. The Command has made adequate arrangements to secure the venues of the Election Tribunals in the State.

The Command however, warns criminally minded people and disgruntled elements to steer clear of the state or be prepared to contend with security forces in the state.

CSP Chike Oti
Police Public Relations Officer
Lagos State

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=814140762254051&id=100009744045621

1 Share

Re: Police Intensify Patrols And Surveillance In Lagos State, Dispels Rumour by GentleMoney: 5:12pm On Feb 26, 2019
Hmm..
Re: Police Intensify Patrols And Surveillance In Lagos State, Dispels Rumour by peteruuu(m): 5:12pm On Feb 26, 2019
Sometimes, you just don't know what to comment on a particular thread...

I've been refreshing nairaland since morning... Hoping to read the announcement of SAI BABA's victory!

8 Likes

Re: Police Intensify Patrols And Surveillance In Lagos State, Dispels Rumour by Sirjoe21(m): 5:12pm On Feb 26, 2019
Ok

1 Like

Re: Police Intensify Patrols And Surveillance In Lagos State, Dispels Rumour by Anagha123: 5:13pm On Feb 26, 2019
I know that one day what happened to Saraki in Kwara will surely happen to Tinubu in Lagos.

No man rule forever

40 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Police Intensify Patrols And Surveillance In Lagos State, Dispels Rumour by Nobody: 5:13pm On Feb 26, 2019
Voting in Nigeria is divided along the lines of the educated enlightened citizens against the educated illiterates mixed up with the stark unenlightened illiterates.

2019 elections just proved that the number of the latter outnumber the former by a whopping 100:1 ratio.

Please from now till 2023.
I am tired of praying and typing RIPs.
Nobody should tell me to sympathise with any troubled Northern states, they made their bed, let them lie on it.

And thunder any northern Beggar that will try and beg me for alms on the street.

44 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Police Intensify Patrols And Surveillance In Lagos State, Dispels Rumour by julitoch: 5:13pm On Feb 26, 2019
Hmmmm
Re: Police Intensify Patrols And Surveillance In Lagos State, Dispels Rumour by aleeyus(m): 5:13pm On Feb 26, 2019
Lagos Lagos Lagos
Re: Police Intensify Patrols And Surveillance In Lagos State, Dispels Rumour by nextstep(m): 5:13pm On Feb 26, 2019
Space bookers, una well done oh! grin

But anyways, I wanted to say I like the level of maturity displayed in Lagos (apart from a few isolated incidents). No need to die or wound yourself for politician who won't even buy you pure water for your troubles.
Re: Police Intensify Patrols And Surveillance In Lagos State, Dispels Rumour by nicodenzzy(m): 5:13pm On Feb 26, 2019
angryHi
Re: Police Intensify Patrols And Surveillance In Lagos State, Dispels Rumour by Nobody: 5:13pm On Feb 26, 2019
I don't believe that news.

I won't be surprised if it is PDP up to their shenanigans again.

2 Likes

Re: Police Intensify Patrols And Surveillance In Lagos State, Dispels Rumour by Nofav0rs(m): 5:14pm On Feb 26, 2019
This country is finished!

I wish one of the family members of the dummy above me get hit someday by the evil he’s supporting

4 Likes

Re: Police Intensify Patrols And Surveillance In Lagos State, Dispels Rumour by Itimkpataka: 5:14pm On Feb 26, 2019
Why will i be surprise. When Tinubu don buy all of them.
Re: Police Intensify Patrols And Surveillance In Lagos State, Dispels Rumour by Slimzoo1: 5:14pm On Feb 26, 2019
Good
Re: Police Intensify Patrols And Surveillance In Lagos State, Dispels Rumour by peteruuu(m): 5:15pm On Feb 26, 2019
Enahorofrank43:
See bellow
You this young man, what exactly Is your problem?
Re: Police Intensify Patrols And Surveillance In Lagos State, Dispels Rumour by vastolord4(m): 5:15pm On Feb 26, 2019
Lairs.. it really happened! My friends testified to it.. BLOODY APC HOOKS

2 Likes

Re: Police Intensify Patrols And Surveillance In Lagos State, Dispels Rumour by Cammo: 5:15pm On Feb 26, 2019
Sowore is the final answer to stop this madness plaguing our country. It's time the youths rose up and take over power from these bloody vampires setting tribes and religious against each other. Nigerian youths, be wise!

6 Likes

Re: Police Intensify Patrols And Surveillance In Lagos State, Dispels Rumour by asawanathegreat(m): 5:15pm On Feb 26, 2019
Mc oluomo boys at work
Re: Police Intensify Patrols And Surveillance In Lagos State, Dispels Rumour by SUPOL(m): 5:16pm On Feb 26, 2019
They get mind Ndi ofe

1 Like

Re: Police Intensify Patrols And Surveillance In Lagos State, Dispels Rumour by Flexherbal(m): 5:16pm On Feb 26, 2019
Say No, to Violence !
Re: Police Intensify Patrols And Surveillance In Lagos State, Dispels Rumour by Naughtytboy: 5:16pm On Feb 26, 2019
peteruuu:
Sometimes, you just don't know what to comment on a particular thread...

I've been refreshing nairaland since morning... Hoping to read the announcement of SAI BABA's victory!
can i shock you sir? Buhari wil not be declared winner, it gonna be inconclusive

1 Like

Re: Police Intensify Patrols And Surveillance In Lagos State, Dispels Rumour by peteruuu(m): 5:17pm On Feb 26, 2019
Naughtytboy:
can i shock you sir? Buhari wil not be declared winner, it gonna be inconclusive

You're deceived!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Police Intensify Patrols And Surveillance In Lagos State, Dispels Rumour by sissoko22(m): 5:18pm On Feb 26, 2019
I hope it doesn't degenerate any further, but those igbos filled with bitterness and hatred will be used as firewood for the fire they're making.

2 Likes

Re: Police Intensify Patrols And Surveillance In Lagos State, Dispels Rumour by ChijyWills(m): 5:19pm On Feb 26, 2019

1 Share

Re: Police Intensify Patrols And Surveillance In Lagos State, Dispels Rumour by GambaOsaka: 5:19pm On Feb 26, 2019
Cammo:
Sowore is the final answer to stop this madness plaguing our country. It's time the youths rose and took over from these bloody vampires setting tribes and religious against each other. Nigerian youths, be wise!

Now that elections are rounding off and we know he didn't win, can we have a report on the account of the money we donated?
Mr Integrity should let us know the balance of the funds we generated from the gofundMe contributions. Otherwise, we might be tempted to think the balance was the aim of this "take it back" campaign. After all, he is MR INTEGRITY.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

EFCC Goes After Patience Jonathan’s Assets / President Buhari Departs For Germany (Photos) / AA Begins Edo Governorship Primary Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.